Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2015 10:29 PM

Sep 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit. Hakuei*cough*Gyokuen*cough*Arba is the Top Advisor? So that's why Ja'far reacted that way. >.>

Things have taken a turn for the expected, I guess.

Supposedly Sin became one with David a long time before the start of Labyrinth's story and he didn't know who the guy was that started talking to him from time to time. After Aladdin showed him the Alma Toran story, he knew it was David, hence the 'enlightened' face.

He says his purpose has not changed, which, ofc, I believe, but, like he did before, maybe he's changed his method? Hence why all the shadowy business with Arba. He might be thinking, like Aladdin started thinking, that the black rukh aren't necessarily 'bad', or something.

I mean, look at that uncomfortable/annoyed/I-would-kill-you-but-I-need-you-for-my-plans face when he's with Hakuei*cough*Gyokuen*cough*Arba

Also, just realised that Hakuei's body lost the scar on her face ever since it was revealed to be Arba.
Meaning that this might not be possession, but a clone of Hakuei's body. Dun DUN DUUUUN.

Dammit. Now to wait for next chapter and their comical reactions. :I
mira-pyonNov 16, 2015 9:04 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 16, 2015 11:23 AM

Sep 2007
I really wonder what happened to Hakuei. ;w; She was one of my favorite female characters and thought she would play a big part somewhere along the lines, yes, but not like this. Let's hope this top advisor is indeed not her but only a clone of sorts
Nov 16, 2015 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
Hiina said:
I really wonder what happened to Hakuei. ;w; She was one of my favorite female characters and thought she would play a big part somewhere along the lines, yes, but not like this. Let's hope this top advisor is indeed not her but only a clone of sorts

Uhhhh she was confirmed to be taken over before the timeskip >_>
Nov 16, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
FUCK U SINBAD. U BETRAYED ME!! anyways any kind person wanna give some link to the raws and basically tell me what happened in this chapter page by page.THANKS
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 16, 2015 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Hiina said:

Wasn't 'confirmed'. If it wasn't outright said that Hakuei has been possessed, then don't take it as 'confirmed'.
We know of all the clones Al Thamen use, anyways. Removing the scar might be a way for us to identify her as Arba, but then it might also be a clue telling us that the body we see may not necessarily be Hakuei's.

abyss333 said:
FUCK U SINBAD. U BETRAYED ME!! anyways any kind person wanna give some link to the raws and basically tell me what happened in this chapter page by page.THANKS

Raws

Explanation

Your reaction was hilarious tho. Meanwhile, I still sit with Ja'far in our lonely corner, actually believing in what our husbando-kun's been saying.
Nov 16, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
mira-nyan said:
Darklight0303 said:

Wasn't 'confirmed'. If it wasn't outright said that Hakuei has been possessed, then don't take it as 'confirmed'.
We know of all the clones Al Thamen use, anyways. Removing the scar might be a way for us to identify her as Arba, but then it might also be a clue telling us that the body we see may not necessarily be Hakuei's.

abyss333 said:

Raws

Explanation

Your reaction was hilarious tho. Meanwhile, I still sit with Ja'far in our lonely corner, actually believing in what our husbando-kun's been saying.

You're grasping at straws with your wishful thinking
Nov 16, 2015 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
mira-nyan said:
Darklight0303 said:

abyss333 said:

Raws

Explanation

Thanks a lot!!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 16, 2015 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:

You're grasping at straws with your wishful thinking

I've believed worse and I wasn't disappointed. Sinbad and Saber are gonna ruin my life.

Though I partly believe his motive is still the same due to Sinbad no Bouken. Yes, he is becoming closer to David, but, like in SnB, Ja'far is always there to step in. You can consider him to be the 'Sheba' of Sinbad - I doubt he'll stay quiet for much longer. He trusts Sinbad, but whether or not he still agrees with his methods is another matter. >.>

Ofc, my wishful thinking comes from believing that Ohtaka is a good writer and that 'she wouldn't let a character she's developed so well in another manga turn into a giant generic-evil-last-boss in the main series'.
Nov 16, 2015 5:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well that happened lol
Nov 16, 2015 8:30 PM

Sep 2010
My gurl Arba's back

Why is Alibaka still riding his broom when Sinbad gave him a card that allows him free transport?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 20, 2015 1:06 AM

Dec 2013
Ugh Gyouken

Sinbad is still a shifty bastard. Glad to see that.
Nov 21, 2015 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
The card Sinbad gave to Alibaba to freely travel everywhere is definitely a way to keep track of his movements in order to eventually find Aladdin. If Alibaba doesn't notice that, I'll assume the 100 years wisdom hasn't changed his naivety, but from the way he looked in a panel he may not be as stupid as he was. Guess we'll see...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 23, 2015 9:43 AM

May 2014
Really interesting chapter, the first two chapters of this arc left me disappointed because of the drastic change, but now I'm liking it a bit more.

All this Sinbad focus makes me more excited for the new Sinbad anime <3

Nov 23, 2015 7:35 PM

Jan 2012
This whole Arbakuei crap really makes me wanna hurl. :D Doesn't help that Sinbad's a smug douche who needs to go down. :D
Nov 23, 2015 10:49 PM

Nov 2013
A interesting chapter. I'm sure Alibaba didn't just ask those things to br sure of what he already knows.
He's def not gonna fall for Sin's crap and that's why he first needs the others to come up with a plan to stop those both.
Nov 24, 2015 2:50 PM
Jul 2015
mira-nyan said:
Darklight0303 said:

abyss333 said:

Raws

Explanation

I just read the spoilers and looked at those (Korean) RAWs. I'm still waiting for the actual English chapter to be put up online, though. But yeah, I'm glad I read this.

So which is the real Sinbad, then? The one who said he wants to use the power of the Sacred Palace to change the rules set by Solomon, while he was with Arba/Hakuei, or the one who was with Alibaba, saying that his plans haven't changed and that he's using David?

Either way, as someone else on here has already said, as David is wise, he's probably just "letting" himself be used just as long as it helps move his own plans along. I wonder if Sinbad understands this, if he really wants to use David.

I'm really confused here. I want to believe in Sinbad, but he does seem to have started to become evil, so I'm not sure if I should.

About the whole "the Black Rukh might not be all bad," way of thinking, I'm not sure if it's good. Aladdin did say that he Black Rukh are bad as long as the threat of Ill-Ilah is still there. And that threat, as we should know, IS there, which would mean that the Black Rukh are also bad. I wonder if Aladdin can use Solomon's Wisdom to save Sinbad from the Black Rukh, like he did for Cassim? I hope he can.
Nov 24, 2015 3:26 PM

Sep 2014
DragonOsman said:

I just read the spoilers and looked at those (Korean) RAWs. I'm still waiting for the actual English chapter to be put up online, though. But yeah, I'm glad I read this.

So which is the real Sinbad, then? The one who said he wants to use the power of the Sacred Palace to change the rules set by Solomon, while he was with Arba/Hakuei, or the one who was with Alibaba, saying that his plans haven't changed and that he's using David?

Either way, as someone else on here has already said, as David is wise, he's probably just "letting" himself be used just as long as it helps move his own plans along. I wonder if Sinbad understands this, if he really wants to use David.

I'm really confused here. I want to believe in Sinbad, but he does seem to have started to become evil, so I'm not sure if I should.

About the whole "the Black Rukh might not be all bad," way of thinking, I'm not sure if it's good. Aladdin did say that he Black Rukh are bad as long as the threat of Ill-Ilah is still there. And that threat, as we should know, IS there, which would mean that the Black Rukh are also bad. I wonder if Aladdin can use Solomon's Wisdom to save Sinbad from the Black Rukh, like he did for Cassim? I hope he can.

Imo? Both of them. Sinbad's always been shady since the first time we saw him - the way he gets the 'good end' is very questionable, but that doesn't mean that he wants evil things to happen.

Being a loyal fangirl, it's my duty to believe that Sin has not changed his motive; he has only changed the means of getting there.
For example,
SnB spoiler

I don't really see any reason for him to be 'saved' by Solomon's Wisdom from the Black Rukh.
I mean, it would be one thing if he was tricked into half-falling into depravity, but, from what we've seen, he welcomed it with open arms. Ofc, not as willy nilly as that, but his case is very different from the ones of Dunya, Cassim, Ithnan and even Falan.
David would obviously be far wiser, but 'first-class singularity' has to live up to his nickname. I have faith that Ohtaka won't turn him, a character she's developed as far as giving him his own manga, into a mindlessly evil last boss.

Also, about the Sacred palace thing. Sinbad did not directly answer the question, and it was very clear that he didn't. "There are still many things I don't understand in this world" =/= "I know nothing about the Sacred Palace and I don't have any reason to use it". That said, can the Sacred Palace even be considered part of the 'this world' Sinbad refers to?

Haha, don't forget that annoyed face he makes when Arbakuei is next to him. xD

Fully translated version of the chapter: http://imgur.com/a/GrTIO

Credit goes to other people.
Nov 24, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
Ah Sinbad still the clever guy, nice to see that.

Next chapter should be even more interesting with that development at the end.
Nov 24, 2015 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
Actually, instead of Sinbad using Arba to achieve his goals, I feel Sinbad is actually twisted.

Similar to the cliche "dark side" turnarounds, I could see Sinbad becoming twisted (yet wishing to achieve what he deems as peace), though in a really dark way. I can see Sinbad becoming the villain now that she's on his side.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 25, 2015 3:03 AM

Aug 2010
I really can't wait to see the moment Sinbad starts hearing David's voices in Sinbad no Bouken. It should be getting epic soon. I really can't judge his character completely until I see what happens to him there.

Good to see Alibaba doesn't seem to be completely outsmarted. He's obviously not trusting everything 100%
Nov 25, 2015 3:21 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Well I'm not really sure what to think.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Nov 25, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2015
I guess it's ok If Alibaba is actually that Gullible... If I was in his shoes I wouldn't .. Since well Sinbad was one of my favo's but he just rubs me the wrong way ....
Nov 25, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
I still have hope that Sinbad hasn't changed. His explanation to Alibaba does make sense, too.
Nov 25, 2015 3:50 PM
Jul 2015
He said to Arba on the last page that he needs the Sacred Palace to get rid of Solomon's divine providence. I hope he's only saying that to trick Arba, but it could also be that he one he tried to trick was Alibaba. I guess we'll see.

@Madara22: I don't think Alibaba's really that gullible. Or at least I hope he isn't.
Nov 26, 2015 7:15 AM

Aug 2014
Quite the turn of events. I'm really suspicious about whether David has taken over or not, but I guess we will see soon.
Nov 27, 2015 8:18 AM

Sep 2014
Not really sure what to think after this chapter...
Can't say Sinbad is totally evil although it looks like it, most likely controlled by David or something.
I hope that's not actually Hakuei being controlled by that bitch...
nerfxNov 30, 2015 1:42 AM
Nov 28, 2015 3:09 AM

May 2015
Uhh sorry that this is out of topic, but which do you think is better Nanatsu no taizai or Magi, because a lot of people say that the plot of Nanatzu is better, and magi is very boring already. But I think Magi's the better plot really. Even if it is just an opinion, I guess it really does bother me that they are talking shit on Magi amd comparing it to Nanatsu o Taizai. Oh yeah,sorry about throwing a tantrum in here
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Nov 28, 2015 3:35 AM

Feb 2008
Roloko said:

Why is Alibaka still riding his broom when Sinbad gave him a card that allows him free transport?

Because it's too mainstream for Alibaba =P
Nov 28, 2015 7:55 AM
Jul 2015
nerfx said:
Not really sure what to think after this chapte...
Can't say Sinbad is totally evil although it looks like it, most likely controlled by David or something.

Yes, of course that's Arba. I'm not sure if the body is really is Hakuei's because it could just be a clone, but the character itself is Arba. Proof: she called Ill-Ilah "Father" - Hakuei wouldn't do that.
Nov 28, 2015 9:03 AM

Sep 2014
DragonOsman said:
nerfx said:
Not really sure what to think after this chapte...

Yes, of course that's Arba. I'm not sure if the body is really is Hakuei's because it could just be a clone, but the character itself is Arba. Proof: she called Ill-Ilah "Father" - Hakuei wouldn't do that.

He/She meant Hakuei's body, lol.
It's been clear since 282 that it's Arba.
Nov 29, 2015 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
I just caught up with Magi and Berserk tonight. Honestly, it feels like they're both in the exact same place right now, lol.

Not that it's bad though. Nice catch with Arba not having Hakuei's scar, BTW. Has me hoping that she's still okay somewhere.

As for Sin... He might be getting manipulated a bit, honestly. He's always had David with him, so there's no reason to assume he's a different person just because it's new information to us. He is using David's knowledge way too easily though. There's no way all these changes to the world weren't something David saw coming. He's definitely scheming.

Also, I would love to see Alibaba's new outfit in a color page. It looks cool, but I can't make out all the details and such in black and white.
Dec 1, 2015 6:34 AM

Feb 2010
Jicetus said:

me too... so Sinbad is the main antagonist?
since about what is "good" and "bad" is really blurry in this manga

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 1, 2015 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
roppuri said:
Jicetus said:

me too... so Sinbad is the main antagonist?
since about what is "good" and "bad" is really blurry in this manga

No, the main antagonist has always been Al Thamen.

The mid-boss for this arc might be Sinbad, tho. Ofc, I doubt that, as the guy literally has more than half of the world backing him up, making it impossible for Alibaba-chan to defeat him.

Also, for Ohtaka-sama to turn such a good, well-developed character to a generic mid-boss is just lazy and out of character.
Dec 9, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
sinabd noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
dont tell me you are being controlled by david
my poor boy :(
*people die when they are killed* - emiya shirou.......
Dec 9, 2015 8:07 AM

Feb 2012
Damn so Sinbad is just talking trash to them while working with the witch on the other side.

Damn shit will get serious if they expose him.
Dec 9, 2015 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah, Alibaba is definitely not falling for Sinbad's shit.
Dec 22, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2012
lol don't trust Sinbad.

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.