Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 14, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was lewd
Well, I think by anime logic, warming up by going half naked is obvious right?

Damn it, I hate Kirin's uncle still.
His reactions this episode was annoying to watch especially with his ridiculous scolding. About time Kirin finally got her thoughts out though. The fight was so-so, wasn't really impressive but not too shabby either.
Stark700Nov 14, 2015 5:33 AM
Nov 14, 2015 5:34 AM
Oct 2013
Good for Kirin to finally have a little freedom from her Uncle's grasp. I understand why she thanks him for what he did for her, but it's impossible for me to like him when he did all that for selfish reasons.

Saya/Kirin team up? Not really surprising. So we're going to have the slow powerhouse and the quick swordsmen eh... polar opposites but it could work out well. Btw, is it just me but do they look very similar to each other?
Nov 14, 2015 5:40 AM

Jan 2012
Well I'm glad Kirin showed backbone against her uncle. Of course, I'm far moreso glad she showed off her big beautiful tits in that bra...twice. :D Well that aside hopw we get more attention back on Julis soon.
Nov 14, 2015 5:47 AM

Sep 2015
Ayato become the Rank 1 of the school~ It sounds so easy to be a rank 1 lolz.

Seems like with all the data collection, those 2 Allekant puppets are ready for the Festa. Anyone notice the puppets one of them is human-like and other is robot-like. Really like the Allekant girl, active cute and a bit evil.

Kirin and Saya team up for the festa also. Is the Festa finally starting?
valvravetruthNov 14, 2015 6:07 AM
Nov 14, 2015 5:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kirin's body tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Besides that, I'm really glad that she finally decided to stand up to her uncle and found her own path using her own strength and determination and seeing how even in the end she was still respectable to her uncle made me smile a lot

Her fight with Ayato was pretty cool as well and man Ayato is showing that he's pretty good with just about every type of blade there is =o I was kinda bummed out that he beat her but at the end of the day, it makes a lot of sense how he won too so I'm fine with it

Wonder how long it's gonna take for Saya to ask Kirin to team up.....Also those weapon things that those two girls from the other school has left me quite intrigued
Nov 14, 2015 6:14 AM

Aug 2010
Holy Shit Dat Kirin body :L

Loved how she resisted her uncle. Esp how she stopped his punch. Loving her a lot more now that she has a back bone. Also asking to call Ayato by first name and wanting to be called by first name too was nice to see.

Saya and her should make a good team.
Nov 14, 2015 6:15 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode! I really liked the battle.
Nov 14, 2015 6:31 AM

Jul 2015
It would be fun to see Ayato cutting those robots at the end with one strike an be like "I'l protect my harem"
Nov 14, 2015 6:33 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kirin proves to be more entertaining every time (if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)). Luckily it didn't take long for Kirin to develop into a more independent character. So it's Kirin and Saya for that Festival, huh?

4/5
Nov 14, 2015 6:40 AM
Aug 2012
Well a good episode despite being a bit rushed. The fight at the start was underwhelming and a bit too simple. Ayato was supposed to entirely vaporize the the big monster(they could have made it a bit more intimidating though) like the LN instead of cutting it in half as the core was moving around. Well at least they showed Ayato can't use meteo arts normally and using those high prana techniques shortens his time quite a bit.

The 2nd fight was done well even though it was a bit short (well Ayato himself is short on time too). But that spear, kodachi and CQC techniques one after another was pretty awesome. I wish it was longer but considering they rushed the 2nd volume a bit (3 episodes) and still managed to get in most of the important stuff, it was well adapted. Sadly they cut out Julis patting Ayato on the head after his victory. I hope they tone down the Kirin fanservice though.......well there isn't much canon fanservice in the next volumes (maybe 1 or 2 scenes per volume) so i can't exactly blame them either.

Well volume 3 starts from next episode and the tournament would probably start from the one after the next episode. I hope they extend the fights a bit though. The fights till now were good but they were a bit short.
Dragon_Slayer_XNov 14, 2015 6:43 AM

Nov 14, 2015 6:40 AM

Feb 2015
The fight was pretty good, damn it Ayato XD

Nice to see Kirin finally standing up to her uncle

The bad guys doing more evil plotting with the mechs, hopefully Ayato can protect his harem
Nov 14, 2015 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:

Wonder how long it's gonna take for Saya to ask Kirin to team up.....Also those weapon things that those two girls from the other school has left me quite intrigued

She already asked...check it after the ed.

So I guess it's saya/toudou team vs ayato/julis in the finals? XD
Nov 14, 2015 7:03 AM
May 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was lewd
Well, I think by anime logic, warming up by going half naked is obvious right?

His reactions this episode was annoying to watch especially with his ridiculous scolding. About time Kirin finally got her thoughts out though. The fight was so-so, wasn't really impressive but not too shabby either.

It is quite obviously the correct choice because both were soaked (it is in the LN too).

There were some other changes such as him commenting on the ballast area instead
of her (which doesn't really make sense because she's the one familiar with the
school/island), and so on.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 14, 2015 7:22 AM

Aug 2013
Tokoya said:
Kirin's body tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Check after the Ending song plays
Nov 14, 2015 7:23 AM

Jul 2015
Nice action, good to see Kirin finally stood up for herself. This is getting better with every episode. Well, another week of waiting.

Nov 14, 2015 7:26 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, Kirin has taken some freedom from that vile uncle of hers. That's as major a step forward as I could have hoped for. Also, seems like Saya and Kirin could make a decent team for the Festa.
Nov 14, 2015 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
Finally liberated from her uncle, and he got scared by Claudia xD

but I really hate those two girls at that other school constantly sending crap to Ayato. It's so irritating how it's all for the sake of testing, and now two mechas are the top of the line...I hope Ayato wipes the floor with them.
Nov 14, 2015 7:53 AM

Mar 2014
SHIRTLESS AYATO 10/10
Nov 14, 2015 7:55 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Kirin has joined the party!

I was really hoping Kirin would beat her damn uncle, most likely she would become criminal as well but that would make things interesting :>

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 14, 2015 8:08 AM

Nov 2014
Why are guys in harem anime so lame? Do most guys usually panic at the sight of a girl in her underwear?

I like the little piano melody that plays in some scenes. It sounds familiar.

The way Toudou stopped her uncle's punch was nice. It was predictable when Ayato ended up doing the same thing though.

Nice episode.
Nov 14, 2015 8:23 AM

Jan 2015
yuiyuigahama said:
SHIRTLESS AYATO 11/10

Fixed it for you
Nov 14, 2015 8:32 AM
Nov 2015
Good episode. Liked the battle, and i'm anxious to see Saya and Kirin together as a duo in the Festa.
Nov 14, 2015 8:38 AM

Aug 2015
Glad Kirin stood up for herself. Hopefully that's the end of her uncle, found him really annoying.
Nov 14, 2015 8:46 AM

Apr 2011
Kirin finally standing up for herself. Good.

But gawd damn. Kirin's body is so hot. Its jailbait.
Nov 14, 2015 8:52 AM

Aug 2014
Dat Kirin fanservice... *drool* GOD what's wrong with me? She's freakin' 13!

Kirin's uncle just got NTR'd. That's what he get for being a jerk. Ayato should just punch him right there tbh

Welp, that was easy for Ayato being a #1 in school. It seems like Kirin didn't even gave her all in that battle! Anticlimatic battle indeed. Seeing Kirin got beaten by martial arts was quite a treat though.
Now that this is over, Saya being relevant when....?
Nov 14, 2015 9:10 AM
Aug 2012
Kay_Lite said:

Kirin's uncle just got NTR'd. That's what he get for being a jerk. Ayato should just punch him right there tbh

I seriously don't get why people fail to notice the fact that "Genestella hurting normal humans is a serious issue" especially after hearing Kirin's backstory.

Kay_Lite said:
Welp, that was easy for Ayato being a #1 in school. It seems like Kirin didn't even gave her all in that battle! Anticlimatic battle indeed. Seeing Kirin got beaten by martial arts was quite a treat though.

- He did beat the Rank 1 student......that's how the ranking system works
- Kirin went all out......if you think she didn't then you are just overestimating her

Nov 14, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

- Kirin went all out......if you think she didn't then you are just overestimating her

She was defeated by a surprise element/tactic, Ayato says latter that he is not confident if he can defeat her again.
KyrugaNov 14, 2015 9:30 AM
Nov 14, 2015 9:26 AM

Feb 2014
Kirin and that jailbait body of hers......DAYUM! O_O

Overall, this episode was really good and enjoyable. The situation Kirin and Ayato were in with the monster helped to bond the two of them together more and also gave Kirin the courage and backbone to step up to her uncle and tell him where to go.

The second duel between the two was great, albeit on the short side. Kirin's techniques are formidable, however she wasn't expecting Ayato to switch his weapon style from sword, spear and duel blades before baiting her into a physical grab and take-down.

It's also interesting to see Saya ask Kirin to team up with her. I have a good feeling that she'll accept Saya's offer.
Nov 14, 2015 9:32 AM
Oct 2015
The ending were they showed the two mechs being powered by girls, i'm wondering if one of them is Ayatos sister. It's only a feeling and i don't know why, but i really feel like his sister is somehow connected to everything. Probably because of episode 1, and her existence has been covered up.
Nov 14, 2015 9:32 AM
Aug 2012
Kyruga said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

She was defeated by a surprise element/tactic, Ayato says latter that he is not confident if he can defeat he again.

That's taking into account the 5 minute time limit and we know Ayato is quite humble. Besides you also know how handicapped Ayato is at this point.

But Kirin did went all out as this was a fight she could not afford to take easy.
Dragon_Slayer_XNov 14, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 14, 2015 9:39 AM
Oct 2015
aikaflip said:
Why are guys in harem anime so lame? Do most guys usually panic at the sight of a girl in her underwear?

I like the little piano melody that plays in some scenes. It sounds familiar.

The way Toudou stopped her uncle's punch was nice. It was predictable when Ayato ended up doing the same thing though.

Nice episode.

Just to point it out there, it wouldn't really be harem if they guy was good with girls. 95% of harem the guy is just clueless or can't choose, that's harem for you.
Nov 14, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
Well it was nice to see Kirin stand up to her uncle, and it was pretty funny to see Claudia shut him the fuck down.

The fight between Kirin and Ayato was decent, it was kind of cool to see Ayato use wits and cunning to beat her after making her think she was going to win. And now he's rank 1.

Saya and Kirin are teaming up? That looks like it could be interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 14, 2015 10:07 AM

Apr 2015
I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet, but we found out that Ayato has dueled his sister. That has major implications for the state of their relationship and his powers.

Given what Saya said about his sister being far more powerful, that makes me all the more interested in who defeated her back in episode one.
Nov 14, 2015 10:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kirin is best character by far, the episodes with her were the best of the series until now.
Nov 14, 2015 10:30 AM

May 2015
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but did anyone else find this a bit strange in the preview at the end?
Nov 14, 2015 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
I think that the episodes have been really good so far. I've been enjoying the character development, even with the fact that they have focused almost two whole episodes on Kirin.

I'm mostly curious about the plans that Claudia has. In the end of the episode, she says that she wants Sasamiya & Kirin to team up.. Something will unfold soon and I can't wait!

This series will definitely be my pillow throughout New Year! ^w^

Nov 14, 2015 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
the uncle is still an asshole well at least she stood up to him
Nov 14, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
Kirin is really cute, and now was another to join the Ayato's harem, I really like all girls of the harem of Ayato (even those who have not yet appeared in the anime), but Julis is the best girl in my opinion, finally begun the Festa, I am eager to see the adaptation of upcoming fights ..
Nov 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
They beat a dragon thing :O
The fight was alright, nice spear :)
Kirin chan :'( what an angel :'(

ichii_1Nov 14, 2015 11:24 AM
Nov 14, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
Ayato should have at least give Kirin's uncle a good beating.
Those two girls using dinosaurs to collect data...are somewhat lame.
Saya is awesome haha answering it like she is the boss.
Still can't stand Julis.
Ranking of best girl: Claudia>Kirin>Saya (no Julis because I hate her)
Nov 14, 2015 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Kirin's body is really nice.

Kirin's uncle is an asshole but Kirin was able to stand up to him!
Nov 14, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
Whoa. Ayato actually beat Kirin? Didn't expect that, though he definitely deserved to win if judging by creativity alone, since that tackle move was pretty good.

Well, there goes the trash dad-figure. I just knew Kirin would be teamed up with Saya as soon as I heard about her goal.

4/5

Can't get enough of the ending, it's really soothing and kinda ethereal.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 14, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:

His reactions this episode was annoying to watch especially with his ridiculous scolding.

^
This is how baby are made...............in reality.
great episode.
i think the battle was pretty good. straight to the boobs though :D
and she got stronger to fight her uncle back , that was good to see.

Maledict said:

Nov 14, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2015
Tevens said:

^
This is how baby are made...............in reality.
great episode.
i think the battle was pretty good. straight to the boobs though :D
and she got stronger to fight her uncle back , that was good to see.
Woah, try showing someone this image and see if they take it out of context.
Nov 14, 2015 12:25 PM

May 2011
LOLI TWINS ACTIVATE!

Pettanko and Tits team up.
Nov 14, 2015 1:02 PM
Aug 2013
Now, the time to fight has come, can't wait for the 8th episode . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Nov 14, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2008
Kirin best girl. Ayato got copped a feel while pinning her down for the fight.
Nov 14, 2015 1:31 PM

May 2015
AH, KIRIN. Man, gotta love her. She finally went against her uncle. Liked the battle. Great episode. Need more.

Nov 14, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
Well this one was better than the last one for sure...
Still want to know what the other two girls are about.
Can't wait for the tournament!
And oh yeah... All hail the lolis team!

Maledict said:

^This
Nov 14, 2015 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
First things first...DAMN KIRINS BODY! lol but yea after that interesting back story for her which in my opinion doesnt make sense...like idc if he is a genestia, he shouldnt be charged just because of that since he was protecting his daughter...I feel being a genestia doesnt change self defense. That fight after tho was awesome, was cool to see how good Ayato is beating Kirin and becoming the #1 student by smart surprise tactics and flexibility with multiple different weapons! Cant wait to see how well they all do against the girls from the other school's new puppets!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjyoQILt1Eg&feature=youtu.be
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

202 by Dennywibu »»
Yesterday, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

116 by POLYTRON2K »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

324 by animegamerrose »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

180 by Gutzdeep42 »»
May 29, 2023 5:17 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

220 by Azuki_Sayashi »»
Feb 17, 2023 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.