Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 8, 2021 4:55 AM
Aug 2021
Jeez their theory for the disappearance of Oikura's mom was darker than I had expected. But Oikura accepts that theory anyways and she now has the opportunity to get a fresh start in life! She didn't really get enough screentime in this arc. I wish they had shown the conversation between Araragi and Oikura and what was in that letter:/

The arc is a 9/10. I also loved the countdown scene in this ep.

KoyokoyoXD
Sep 8, 2021 5:02 AM
Aug 2021
MuriDaWeeb said:
Hol up a rotting corpse smells it's even dangerous to live with one because the smell extracts poison that can kill that doesn't make any scene how is oikura even alive when she lived with a fucking rotting corpse next door

That was just a theory that Oikura accepted. The point here isn't to find her mother, it is to give her some form of closure.
Sep 30, 2021 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
No apparition, boring realisation, focused on a character so flawed it's hard to have any kind of empathy for her. This really was the weakest arc of the Monogatari Series so far. Araragi is even more of a spectator than we are in this story where everything is handed to him despite the fact it is about his own past.

In the end, the most interesting moments were the dialogues with Ougi since they have a unique dynamic to them.
Dec 4, 2021 9:49 PM

Jun 2007
Wasn’t really a fan of the Sodachi saga, if I’m honest. I get that there needed to be a realistic catalyst for Araragi becoming such a misanthrope—and I appreciated the pathos of this essentially guest character—but much of what came before the reveals in this ep just… dragged.

There were some good character moments. I like that Araragi and friends are maturing into young adults who have this desire to help people with increasingly ordinary problems. I really like Ougi; she feels fresh. But man, so much of Owari’s first half felt like a waste of space.

Hopefully a nice Shinobu arc can cleanse the palate..
Dec 10, 2021 11:02 AM

Aug 2018
Damn! For a moment I thought she ate her mother. I need to stop watching these serial killer documentaries.
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Apr 15, 2022 2:08 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn.

If that's the last we will ever see of Oikura, then I'm going to be sad

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 1, 2022 4:53 AM

Jan 2015
JPthugnificent said:
It was nice to see Hanekawa's striped hair again. (Though I thought she dyed her hair? How does that just come off by a quick shower?)

Ougi is as ominous as always lol
She has to do it every morning.
I'm surprised to see people who are upset we didn't see what was in the letter, I was hoping we wouldn't see and I felt it was much more satisfying that way, hahaha.
Incredible, beautiful finale to a really amazing art. I didn't think this episode would wrap everything together, honestly expected another episode or two, but then halfway in, we skip to the conclusion, but in a way I really, really enjoyed. Surprised me.
Oikura's development was beautiful, she was really well written. Her keeping her word at the end with everyone as well as not simply leaving without a trace. Honestly, throughout a lot of the end segments of the episode, I was tearing up, haha. Don't know what more I can say, other than my basic Monogatari praise. Loved the pacing, composition, sound effects, dialogue, etc.. Hoping Owarimonogatari keeps being this amazing cause it's a definite 9/10 if so.

Funny laugh.

Ignore what I said earlier. 10/10.
Mar 27, 2023 9:25 AM

Nov 2010
Every child deserves a parent, but not every parent deserves a child.
But I still don't sympathize with Oikura for her unnecessary way of complicating matters to have someone help her. She's loco.
Phew, that melodrama dragged on for too long. So anyway, it's all up to Oikura if she wants to be happy. In the end, we know ourselves best.
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 PM

Nov 2023
I freakin' love Ougi Oshino already
Mar 24, 2:38 PM
Jul 2021
I loved this arc(10/10) but it is a bit interesting how Oikura reacted when Araragi told her what happend with her mother!

She tought "it is what it is""
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

May 2021
I figured she was dead but it was way worse than that.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

171 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.