Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2015 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol another wacky episode from the franchise.

This one has Goten featuring more prominently as well as his family. Whis can be such a wise character with his advice though, never underestimate :p
Oct 31, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
Champa and Vados next episode, I'm so excited!
Oct 31, 2015 8:55 PM
Sep 2012
-Liked that brief bonding Pan had with Gohan and Mr. Satan.
-The art/animation is once again actually good this time. It looks like old-school DBZ... seems Super finally found it's footing in the animation department
-Chi-Chi..... Toei, please fire Yoshifumi Fukushima. It's like he's trying to make the viewers hate her as much as possible.
-Liked that in-joke with Krillin having the first opening theme for One Piece "We Are" (instrument).

Okay episode, overall. Nothing too special.
Oct 31, 2015 11:22 PM

Jun 2011
ugh, can't we get a move on already?
Oct 31, 2015 11:23 PM
Jun 2011
finally next episode we will see champa and female whis i cant wait to see them
Nov 1, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2012
17. Pan is Born! And Goku Goes Off on a Training Journey?!
Original Airdate: November 1, 2015

Over six months have passed since Vegeta began his training with Whis to surpass Goku and God of Destruction Beerus. In that time life has gone on peacefully for the Son family and friends. Notably, Gohan and Videl's daughter, Pan, has been born. Returning from work one day Gohan transforms into the Great Saiyaman to play with his daughter and Father-In-Law. This involves tossing the newborn around, something Chi Chi is horrified to discover. After a brief discussion regarding her grandchild's future, Chi Chi takes Pan away from the two men along with her mother. While driving for a haircut, Bulma becomes entangled with new policeman Krillin's chase of some robbers. After Krillin gives Bulma a ticket, they both are called to Gohan's, as are Goku and Goten, to diffuse the Chi Chi situation. Bulma joins the barricaded women, but accidentally lets Vegeta's training slip. Hearing this, Goku smashes through the wall, Kool-Aid style, begging Bulma to let him know the next time Whis drops by so he can ask him to train him too. Chi Chi isn't having any of this, but Goku continues to hound Bulma until she eventually gives him a cell phone, promising to call when Whis returns. Hearing part of this conversation, the two cover up to Chi Chi by pretending to plan a surprise party for Pan. When Gohan learns part of this, he follows his dad around until confirming his fear: Goku has really met Whis. Whis agrees to train him, but nearly changes his mind when Goku impatiently hounds him to leave while eating. Chi Chi, arriving via Gohan, is furious, but ultimately unable to stop Goku from leaving with Whis. Oddly at peace with her husband's departure, Chi Chi turns her attention towards planning that party with Bulma for Pan.

Well this was certainly slice of life...and I loved it! :D I was ready to complain about Chi Chi, but thinking about it Goku was pretty damn obnoxious this week too. First with Bulma and then Whis. Boy though, Bulma looked oddly young this week, much younger than Chi Chi even though she's older. Guess money can do that for ya. :D Gohan, I think it's safe to say, is a momma's boy. :D Pan, I also think it's safe to say, is adorable. :D Good on Videl too. She's got the right attitude regarding her daughter's future. So Krillin's a cop....ok. Well that was true in Resurrection F too so no shock there. Speaking of, looks like next week we'll finally meet some characters from that film, plus Champa and Vados! Lookin' forward to it. :)

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Not seen.

Did You Notice?: Krillin's ring tone appears to be We Are!, the first opening theme of One Piece. In addition to Super airing right before One Piece in Japan, Krillin's Japanese voice actress also voices One Piece protagonist Monkey D. Luffy! :D Also, apparently Bulma wears her earrings in the shower...normal? :D

Next: Training Under Whis.
Nov 1, 2015 6:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
animefan8800 said:
17. Pan is Born! And Goku Goes Off on a Training Journey?!
Original Airdate: November 1, 2015

Over six months have passed since Vegeta began his training with Whis to surpass Goku and God of Destruction Beerus. In that time life has gone on peacefully for the Son family and friends. Notably, Gohan and Videl's daughter, Pan, has been born. Returning from work one day Gohan transforms into the Great Saiyaman to play with his daughter and Father-In-Law. This involves tossing the newborn around, something Chi Chi is horrified to discover. After a brief discussion regarding her grandchild's future, Chi Chi takes Pan away from the two men along with her mother. While driving for a haircut, Bulma becomes entangled with new policeman Krillin's chase of some robbers. After Krillin gives Bulma a ticket, they both are called to Gohan's, as are Goku and Goten, to diffuse the Chi Chi situation. Bulma joins the barricaded women, but accidentally lets Vegeta's training slip. Hearing this, Goku smashes through the wall, Kool-Aid style, begging Bulma to let him know the next time Whis drops by so he can ask him to train him too. Chi Chi isn't having any of this, but Goku continues to hound Bulma until she eventually gives him a cell phone, promising to call when Whis returns. Hearing part of this conversation, the two cover up to Chi Chi by pretending to plan a surprise party for Pan. When Gohan learns part of this, he follows his dad around until confirming his fear: Goku has really met Whis. Whis agrees to train him, but nearly changes his mind when Goku impatiently hounds him to leave while eating. Chi Chi, arriving via Gohan, is furious, but ultimately unable to stop Goku from leaving with Whis. Oddly at peace with her husband's departure, Chi Chi turns her attention towards planning that party with Bulma for Pan.

Well this was certainly slice of life...and I loved it! :D I was ready to complain about Chi Chi, but thinking about it Goku was pretty damn obnoxious this week too. First with Bulma and then Whis. Boy though, Bulma looked oddly young this week, much younger than Chi Chi even though she's older. Guess money can do that for ya. :D Gohan, I think it's safe to say, is a momma's boy. :D Pan, I also think it's safe to say, is adorable. :D Good on Videl too. She's got the right attitude regarding her daughter's future. So Krillin's a cop....ok. Well that was true in Resurrection F too so no shock there. Speaking of, looks like next week we'll finally meet some characters from that film, plus Champa and Vados! Lookin' forward to it. :)

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Not seen.

Did You Notice?: Krillin's ring tone appears to be We Are!, the first opening theme of One Piece. In addition to Super airing right before One Piece in Japan, Krillin's Japanese voice actress also voices One Piece protagonist Monkey D. Luffy! :D Also, apparently Bulma wears her earrings in the shower...normal? :D

Next: Training Under Whis.
+1

Baby Pan is too adorable and I loved the bonding part with Gohan and Mr. Satan
Nov 1, 2015 7:03 AM
Apr 2014
Another Dragon Ball Slice of life-uper episode
Next episode should be interesting though.
Nov 1, 2015 8:42 AM
Feb 2015
ZOMG! Finally Champa in the anime!
Nov 1, 2015 8:43 AM

May 2014
Champa next ep o:
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Nov 1, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
bashirdk said:
ZOMG! Finally Champa in the anime!
Nov 1, 2015 9:51 AM

Dec 2010
Chi Chi, please die in a fire. Thanks.
Nov 1, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
Looks like whoever writes the female characters wants to make them as unlikeable as possible. I know Chi Chi has always been pretty annoying when it comes to Goku and especially Gohan's training, but she's really going all out now.
Overall it was an... OK episode. Nothing too special, but at least the story is still progressing.
Nov 1, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2010
Chi-chi what an annoying control freak, trying to turn the whole sayan race into...pussies.
They should have gotten rid of her earlier.
Nov 1, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2015
Champa and Vados next episode HYPE.
Nov 1, 2015 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Chi-Chi can get very annoying whenever she heard and saw Goku or Gohan wants to train.
Nov 1, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah, Great Saiyaman!! XD
Cool and funny episode. Pan is born! Bulma's new look is great too
And we are getting started with the whole Golden Frieza thing.
Champa and Vados next week! Cool!!
Nov 1, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2014
LOL Goku stalk Bulma...I wonder what Vegeta will do when he found out haha.
Whis give the okay to Goku so easy...while Vegeta have to try so hard to get the okay haha
Well, this new arc is of the movie about Resurrection of Frieza...going to be fun.
Nov 1, 2015 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
Goku is so whipped haha. Bulma seems to get more attractive with age. Training arc starts next week, looking forward to it. Can't say the same about the Resurrection F arc tbh. The movie was pretty mediocre.
Nov 1, 2015 5:23 PM

Sep 2009
Dunno what it is but I'm still a sucker for Gohan even if this is what he has become. Might be my favorite character from the series for all time.

Was a nice episode to watch and it sounds like there is something to look forward to next week! Really should get caught up with the movies.
Nov 1, 2015 6:53 PM
Jul 2008
Pretty funny episode just like last week and it seems we'll start getting into the "Resurection of F" arc next week along with the first appearence of Champa and Vados. I don't care if it's only a cameo, at least we'll be able to see them in the show. Also, I am interested in Whis' training methods and how Goku and Vegeta achieved super saiyan blue.
Nov 1, 2015 8:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Whacky episode. Goku being so impatient.

Pan already, cute. And a year has passed since Vegeta left. I wonder if he surpassed SSJ 3 power.

Next episode, so we get to see the at version of Beerus.

Nov 1, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2008
Finally Pan is canon. Makes me wonder if Whis is going to have Goku fight Vegeta. Did Bulma give Goku a windows phone? Sure looked like it.
Nov 1, 2015 11:42 PM

Nov 2014
Seriously, I miss the old Chi-chi from Dragon Ball who was head over heels for Goku and Goku treats his wife like a shit. I hate, how he brushed off Chichi's hands from his shoulders at the end.
Nov 2, 2015 12:41 AM
Jul 2012
I really thought goku would say " what's this?" when bulma gave him the phone, it was even touchscreen i really didn't think our monkey boy knew what that was.
Nov 2, 2015 2:12 AM

Aug 2012
Chi chi is so god dam annoying
Nov 2, 2015 2:53 AM

Nov 2009
...sooo....when are we going to see Goten and Trunks a little bit more grown up? This is ridiculous how everyone seems to change a bit as time goes by and they stay the same...
Nov 2, 2015 3:38 AM

Oct 2008
LOL so many laughs within this episode!
-goku being able to hear bulma about Vegeta's training with Whis and then smashing the wall.
-goku being impatient and whis getting pissed-off to goku!
-chichi being annoying by controlling goku.
-krillin is now a police traffic officer! he even gave a speeding ticket to Bulma...wahaha!
-pan being born and gohan being the corny The Great Saiyaman!
-That water tank is bigger than my house!
-Goku just got his own personal Smartphone!!!
-It's a really good thing that Vegeta is ahead on training against Goku by 6 months!
5/5.

Nov 2, 2015 3:58 AM

Jan 2010
Looks like they're slowly leading into the Resurrection of F movie. I always liked these daily life episodes, although ChiChi is pretty annoying, she used to be much cooler as a kid lol.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Nov 2, 2015 5:14 AM
Sep 2014
Hey Guys . After Ep 17 Can i Watch Now The Movie 14 Without Spoil ??
Nov 2, 2015 6:35 AM

Oct 2014
That was actually a really enjoyable episode! Cant wait for Champa arc next week!
why
Nov 2, 2015 6:58 AM
Apr 2010
Vallanzasca said:
Hey Guys . After Ep 17 Can i Watch Now The Movie 14 Without Spoil ??

Yeah you should be fine watching Battle of Gods now without any spoilers for the upcoming arc.
Nov 2, 2015 7:11 AM
Sep 2012
Watching it subbed... I actually take back on some of what I said about Chi-Chi portrayal... it's still exaggerated and needlessly over-the-top but her mindset makes a little more sense now (this is the best Yoshifumi Fukushima has ever written her... though that's not saying much).

In contrast, Goku annoyed me even more than originally and I did notice some return of Bulma's original characterization.
Nov 2, 2015 8:00 AM
Sep 2014
@Knightmare87

Thnx A Lot ^^
Nov 2, 2015 9:06 AM
May 2015
goku actually train so he could kill chi chi she is the last villain in the last arc and she will also turn vegeta into a pussy and the only saiyan normal will be krillin (JK its goku)
Nov 2, 2015 9:19 AM
Nov 2011
Great episode, I loved the bonding that went on between Gohan and Mr Satan, was really nice to see the family...well become a real family :) But most importantly.... The animation was good! I didn't notice any of the regular god awful flaws and that makes me so happy...If they can keep up this quality for the rest of the show, it will finally earn it's place into the dragon ball universe
Nov 2, 2015 11:04 AM

Jun 2015
Dafuq happened to bulma and gohan, bulma looks more young now and gohan became so skinny, he was the real badass when he was younger, feel really bad for gohan ;(((((
Nov 2, 2015 11:41 AM
Sep 2012
I forgot to mention one thing I liked about this episode... it didn't make Gohan look like a nerdy loser.
Nov 2, 2015 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
razisgosu said:
Finally Pan is canon. Makes me wonder if Whis is going to have Goku fight Vegeta. Did Bulma give Goku a windows phone? Sure looked like it.

Pan was always canon, she appears in the final moments of the manga and DBZ
Nov 2, 2015 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
Light-Yagami-God said:
Dafuq happened to bulma and gohan, bulma looks more young now and gohan became so skinny, he was the real badass when he was younger, feel really bad for gohan ;(((((

Bulma is a MILF and Gohan stopped training, muscle mass isn't definitive they have to train to maintain their shape
Nov 2, 2015 2:03 PM
Mar 2014
So, Goku couldn't sense Vegeta's KI.
I wonder if he already has achieved Super Saiyan God level. Or, he's just too far from Earth. XD
Nov 2, 2015 2:46 PM

May 2012
razisgosu said:
Finally Pan is canon.

Why are you watching Super if you didn't finish End of DBZ or End of DBZ Kai? Pan has always been canon.
Nov 2, 2015 2:49 PM

Jun 2014
Man ... Chi Chi is annoying AS HELL. It's like she's more annoying than ever before. Doesn't she understand that if it weren't for Goku's abilities, she still would've been in Buu's stomach like a candybar. God she needs to learn.
Nov 2, 2015 4:22 PM

Jul 2015
God Chichi is such a bossy bitch, like srsly...It's not her decision, but Gohan's and Videl's.
Nov 2, 2015 8:06 PM

Jan 2009
the next episode is much better, training time for Goku and Vegeta
Nov 2, 2015 11:52 PM
May 2013
Man watching this and kai simultaneously really makes it seem that super is more of a spinoff to dbz than a sequel. Way, way way too much comedy. There is no intensity or seriousness like there was in dbz. It almost feels like a kid's show.
Nov 3, 2015 1:29 AM
Mar 2011
sgs2008 said:
Man watching this and kai simultaneously really makes it seem that super is more of a spinoff to dbz than a sequel. Way, way way too much comedy. There is no intensity or seriousness like there was in dbz. It almost feels like a kid's show.
I agree that it has a different feel. Even if Beerus was a dangerous enemy, he didn't seem to be a dangerous villain. Vegeta, Nappa, Friza, Cell and Buu were way better.
Nov 3, 2015 9:54 AM

Jan 2013
Completely forgot Pan was going to be born later on lol.

Alright episode, loved Goku's impatience and Whis' expressions. Finally some other-planets screen time next episode, I was getting bored of Earth. Looks like things will get interesting again
Nov 3, 2015 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
Goku constantly bothering Bulma about Whis's whereabouts was hilarious. Finally looks like the new character, Champa, is here. Wonder how this will change the story so far but I hope the upcoming fights is better than the disappointment of the movie and the anti-climatic ending.
Nov 4, 2015 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
Goku trains with Whis
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.