Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 18, 2015 3:45 AM
Jun 2015
^Read this:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Well here is the short version:

Maybe Silver Link will show it properly later but they did a terrible job at showing it this episode.

Basidiomycota30Oct 18, 2015 3:51 AM
Oct 18, 2015 5:55 AM

Apr 2013
A lot better than the first episode, but still don't like it that much. Hope there'll be some slower paced episodes soon.
Oct 18, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2009
Rly fells like generic thing, but still it have some quirks that catch your attention.
Oct 18, 2015 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
Reload said:
Jagd84 said:
I've read both the LN and manga. The details are pretty minor and most of it composes of fanservice and exposition. None of that is necessary to understand story and people are unlikely to like this more because of them. The anime doesn't not need to be 1:1 of source, it just needs deliver the story coherently in own within whatever format is decided. Getting to meat of the plot is what actually has allowed this show standout from the likes of Asterisk and Rakudai. Lastly just let enjoy the show on its' own merits. Yes it's rushed, but if it is still enjoyable then doesn't matter.

It's true that enjoyment is all that matters; but as I mentioned, the non-readers are settling for less. If a non-reader can tell it was rushed, then I'm sure it's ruining the enjoyment. I watched the first episode with friends and we didn't have a clue what was going on. I was the only one out of 3 friends who decided to continue watching it. 1 out of 3! And only because I decided to read up on the missing material. Sure the plot can stand alone without any character development, but it is necessary to get to know the characters and see them develop properly. I'm not saying it needs to be 1:1. Even though Asterisk also cut out a few things, they either changed the timing of encounters or took them out all together. This show pretty much kept all of the encounters but cut them all sort. It's not ideal to leave viewers hanging every 5 minutes. I'm sure Rakudai is better adapted as well. I believe what makes this show standout is the military-like setting and the occasionally out of control MC and heroine. It doesn't seem like much focus was put into the school setting besides the age of the characters.
Jagd84 said:
... they explained all the relevant things you need to know to understand the story and kept focus Ouka's eventually turn around after Takeru proved he could be relied on.

Relevance isn't all that's necessary. The transition from one relevant point to another is also necessary to avoid confusion. I can let it slide if things go more smoothly later. It'll be new territory for me since I've only read the manga. I'm hoping the fast pace and negligence isn't as noticeable. As for the focus on Ouka, the turn around was too quick. It's comparable to mood swings. Characters don't get that close that quickly. If they did, every romance would bear fruit in 2 episodes. I know that's not how close they got, but it may as well have been.

Viewers always have the option of reading the original books after if want delve more into the universe. Unlike novels animes have finite amount of time do things, and the staff pick and choose what is important to adapt and adapt it well. They are not trying to be a replacement for LN or whatever source. As long as the show is coherent focus what is best about the series then that fine. It expecting it to adapt every blood detail no matter how irrelevant is unrealistic because it's not possible.

I think Ouka transition was fine. She never had anything personally against Takeru to begin with and her turn around with him as pointed has nothing to do with romance. She merely began to believe in him after he protected her and shown sincere concern about her well being even as unreasonable as he might have been. There no point in her protesting his help at this point after just what they been through.
Oct 18, 2015 6:52 PM

Feb 2011
Jagd84 said:
Reload said:
... Sure the plot can stand alone without any character development, but it is necessary to get to know the characters and see them develop properly. I'm not saying it needs to be 1:1. Even though Asterisk also cut out a few things, they either changed the timing of encounters or took them out all together. This show pretty much kept all of the encounters but cut them all [short]. It's not ideal to leave viewers hanging every 5 minutes...

... The transition from one relevant point to another is also necessary to avoid confusion. I can let it slide if things go more smoothly later... As for the focus on Ouka, the turn around was too quick... Characters don't get that close that quickly...

Viewers always have the option of reading the original books after if want delve more into the universe. Unlike novels, [anime has a] finite amount of time [to] do things, and the staff pick and choose what is important to adapt and adapt it well. They are not trying to be a replacement for LN or whatever source. As long as the show is coherent focus what is best about the series then [that's] fine. [Expecting] it to adapt every [bloody] detail no matter how irrelevant is unrealistic because it's not possible.

I think Ouka transition was fine. She never had anything personally against Takeru to begin with... She merely began to believe in him after he protected her and shown sincere concern about her well being even as unreasonable as he might have been. [There's] no point in her protesting his help at this point after [what they've just] been through.

I don't expect the adaptation to replace the source; only, end without too many questions unanswered. As I mentioned, I don't expect it to adapt every detail. I don't mind changes if they aren't noticeable. Allow characters to develop and scenes to play out properly.

As I also mentioned, it ruins the enjoyment if the changes are noticeable to a non-reader. I'm sure one could barely notice any changes in Asterisk even if one considers the pacing slow. This show is probably doing this intentionally... I understand it was the studio's choice to adapt it this way, but it's not the best way even if its job is to only focus on what is best about the series. My original comment was the same suggestion as yours, "read the source material to fill in the blanks." I'm only pointing out that the blanks are too many and that reading it beforehand, like yourself, or reading it with each episode will decrease the complaints. Your a prime example.

I'd be fine with Ouka's change of heart if it didn't include the lap pillow. Too much of a 180 imo. I'd have been more content with her previous reaction to him falling on her chest and then a sign of giving in. Just giving in is a bit too convenient. Even adding in the bandage scene would have made it more convincing. It shows more physical contact before the lap pillow. It's clear where their focus is.
ReloadOct 20, 2015 9:30 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 18, 2015 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
I feel like this show is going in circles. In the previously episode, I thought Ohtori would have understood his sentiments by now after he stopped her from killing those people, but instead, she remains nearly unchanged...until, once again, the last few minutes of the episode...

Other than that, the fight scenes were actually pretty good and I'm glad there isn't just a fight over the protag's dick (so far). I have hope for this series. Not a lot, but there is some.

3/5
Oct 19, 2015 2:06 AM

Jan 2015
Kotomine Kirei's voice.

Assassin's voice.

King Arthur gets summoned with Excalibur and Avalon.

Am I watching a harem action series or a Fate/Stay Night Spin-Off?

Pretty fun episode overall. Liked the action and the two main characters started to grow on me a little more. Probably will check out the LN.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Oct 19, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2012
This episode was definitely better than the first. I kind of wish Lapis didn't have a physical form and was just a voice coming from the sword like Ohtori's guns had been for this episode. Nonetheless, good episode, kept me interested.
Oct 19, 2015 12:37 PM

Nov 2010
COCK ROBIIIN.
This series feels empty, the action is clunky and there's no character development whatsoever. The main girl does a fucking 180 with her personality towards the end.
Oct 20, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2011
Looking good. Its cliche but it was good. He got himself a cute little relic eater.
Oct 20, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2012
Oh god that Engrish line.
Oct 21, 2015 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
Best thing of this episode: Kotomine Kirei
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Oct 21, 2015 7:22 AM

Aug 2014
bobzanny said:
Kotomine Kirei's voice.

Assassin's voice.

King Arthur gets summoned with Excalibur and Avalon.

Am I watching a harem action series or a Fate/Stay Night Spin-Off?

Pretty fun episode overall. Liked the action and the two main characters started to grow on me a little more. Probably will check out the LN.

this is nothing like fate :v

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 21, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2009
Mm I like the OP! :D Catchy~
All right, so this episode was a lot better. Didn't expect them to reach the prologue scene so quickly. So a Valhalla necromancer summoned a magic-enfused dragoon with Excalibur ... cool XD Ohtori got defeated and then Takeru did too, at least until Lapis appeared and they formed a contract ... POWER UP!!! Not gonna lie the magic and upgrades were pretty freaking sweet. Absorbing energy into your sword to use later ... awesome! Terribly cliched scene at the end between those two though, but meh, enough cool action to keep me interested XD
Seems like the other witch who was helping the blonde guy might join the group too? :O Or at least, judging by the title of the next episode ...
Oct 22, 2015 2:24 AM

Oct 2012
any idea when the OST will be released for this show?
CG Artist 3D Animator
---------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/cra0kalo
http://cra0kalo.com

Oct 22, 2015 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
did Takeru's body just cut in half but regenerated in return for giving-up his humanity to the relic eater?
Action scenes were good and definitely better than 1st ep.
In terms of 2nd episode delivery: Taimadou > Asterisk > Rakudai.
5/5!
matias067Oct 22, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 22, 2015 1:35 PM
Jan 2010
why does orange even bother going to their room if she's just gonna bitch at them all day?
And I swear the only reason they made that guy use that armor is because they want to do all the fights in CG
Oct 24, 2015 2:42 PM

Feb 2011
^
She's probably just reporting for duty. Considering this is a military setting, I imagine it's the same as a meeting room; school setting equivalent, homeroom, which requires that you attend. This anime is fast paced, so a lot of questions will go unanswered. You'll have to fill in the blanks by reading the source material.
As for the armor, you do realize the source material is a LN, right? To be more accurate, "they made that guy use that [helmet] because they wanted to do all the fighting in CG." If you read the comments from LN readers, you'd see that he used that armor from the beginning, but didn't use that helmet until later in the LN. I'm guessing they couldn't handle making the MC's face CG as well, or couldn't handle going with no CG at all. Using both normally doesn't look all that great. The helmet was pretty much a compromise. I'm guessing it's just easier to make fight scenes in CG, especially when intricate armor is involved.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Feb 2014
Nice OP. I like it.

We have a crazy character appear suddenly.
Tragic backstory unlocked. Ouka's relic eater seems pretty nice, I love the double barrel style, as seen with Death the Kid from Soul Eater. Lapis is pretty cool too. I'm actually surprised by how much I liked this episode.
Oct 26, 2015 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
Enjoyable action. The spellcasting with those pistols looked cool.
Oct 29, 2015 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
I thought they were going to struggle a bit more from what the synopsis tells me. I wonder how that's supposed to happen when the guy turns OP in episode 2. Sure they can still be dysfunctional as a team but the MC hardly needs a team now.
Dec 5, 2015 12:17 AM

Jun 2014
YOu know, this was loads better then episode 1. YEah it's got an unhealthy amount of tropes, but it balances well I think. The action scenes reminded me of Trinity Seven a lot. And I really enjoyed T7.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 5, 2015 1:44 AM

Dec 2012
That was epic!! Unexpected
Why so underrated? :|

Dec 14, 2015 5:56 PM

Aug 2013
That was pretty underwhelming compared to the novel.
Nobody cares about all the civilians, soldiers and students sacrificed in the battle.
Lapis still the best.. watch this just for her. <3
Jan 9, 2017 12:55 AM

Dec 2012
Ouka beat Takeru's ass.

Ikaruga can switch her legs in front of me all day.

The irony in this episode in regards to another series. I'm sure you can guess.

Holy crap. Takeru got split in half.

So I wasn't the only to thing Karas as a joke.

DAT ENDING! Freeze! Faints.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 18, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2015
Story going well so far...
Nov 24, 2017 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
MagnaMoon said:
"Who killed coco Robin?"... Wait, what?! ⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃

I didn't understand Ouka's flash back. And the episode was too rushed!

Well here is the short version:

Maybe Silver Link will show it properly later but they did a terrible job at showing it this episode.

that is so FKUP & messed up
Sugram22Nov 24, 2017 8:43 AM
Oct 17, 2019 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
It's not prejudice, if you're actually a homicidal maniac.

Ouka's relic was pretty cool. Takeru's relic was somehow not that impressive, but still cool and useful.

It's great, that Takeru and Ouka reached a mutual understanding now. Nice lap pillow.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 23, 2021 1:46 AM

May 2020
See a cute side of Ootori, she has potential to be Kusanagi harem. Well, Kusanagi make a contract witj Lapis. Pan~pa~ka~pan. I heard many cross over in this episode. Excalibur, railgun, robot. I feel Gridman vibe in this show. And which make it weird, that necromancer summon a robot. Oh please.
Jan 13, 2022 4:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I had a hunch Lapiz was gonna become my main reason to watch this show and I was not wrong, really like her demeneaour.
The last battle was kinda cool, OST really pulled it up a bit.
Feb 14, 2023 5:47 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao were not for this thread i would still be confused at the cock robin part

This series has serious Fate vibes
Nov 14, 2023 9:51 PM

Dec 2022
Lapis barely appears so far, but she steals the show when she does.

The black knight robot thing Haunted summoned was cool too. Appreciate that it wasn't a pushover, and multiple powerups and techniques were required to defeat it.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.