Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2015 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, ball 4.

Well, it looks like Eijun's team is having fun playing at least. A decent amount of plays this episode imo. I think there' still room for improvement but was a fun game. Welp, look who showed up at the end~
Oct 12, 2015 8:01 AM
Oct 2015
without ochiai's advice on hitting sawamura's changeup, the first team will probably be having a hard time hitting on him till mid game. ochiai knows sawamura's changeup is still high and they went for it but it still is capable of jamming most of the batters. if ono's on the same level or near the level of miyuki, sawamura might be able to jam all of the batters but being with sawamura, they know his habits, style and form and this might still put sawamura in a disadvantage. i think coach kataoka put up this practice game to further improve sawamura's changeup in a high pressure game against the first team with a combination of power and contact types of batters. aside from that, he wants to know if furuya is in a condition to play in the semifinals and to know if kawakami is too. sawamura probably is the most capable pitcher of the three as of now, with furuya's injury and kawakami's inconsistency. question is, who will be the starter pitcher in the next game? i'm guessing furuya's still gonna be the starting pitcher, kawakami will be the relief and sawamura will close the game or probably the same pattern like in their match with teito.can't wait to see next match on how will sawamura will fare against heavy hitters of seiko lol
Oct 12, 2015 8:14 AM

Jul 2010
See the two trying out their pitches makes me think how wonder of a pitcher Tanba would've been if he wasn't injured for a while.

Ochiai really knows how to get Haruichi and Kuramochi into full throttle, kind of like inciting a rebellion out of the two and bringing an "I'll show you" mindset as they enter the batter's box, which is really leaving its mark in the game. Ochiai's criticism and making his agenda clear to the players, at least he is clear about his intention. The tension between the two coaches stands out like gold amongst a sea of crows.

Yuki's brother sure looks like quite the prospective person.

Team B is doing a wonderful job in trying to play a good game, and not so much as to only try to advertise themselves. Wonder if the lineup would change a little.
Oct 12, 2015 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
OP batter incoming? Lel
Oct 12, 2015 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
he might be a douche, but that coach knows what he's doing.
Oct 12, 2015 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
Kominato brothers flashback. I want to see the two of them together more often.

Nabe is always so precious.
Oct 12, 2015 3:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ochiai changing the ways of the players. Haruichi doesn't want to bat using the metal bat, but he was forced to. Kuramochi though that it might be suitable for Haruichi to change to metal bat though. Lol when Kuramochi thought that he's a switch hitter because it's cool! I agree though X) But it seems like he's really good on the left side. Maybe it was because he was pissed at Ochiai :P

Eijun was doing very well in the beginning, but without a really good catcher like Miyuki, he can't be as effective for the rest of the game. Miyuki didn't think about Eijun's pitches or if they were lacking or not, he only thought that Ono was making predictable calls. As for Furuya, he's a slow starter as usual, but once he gets into the game, he's pretty good. I mean that happens, but it's not as reliable imo as say, Eijun who can start well. I'm really enjoying the match between first string and second string. Second string is putting on a good fight.

Nice seeing Yuuki Masashi being scouted and watching the game. I wonder if he will decide to go to the same high school as his older brother. His mind is really set on going pro.

Also, good job Eijun for making contact with Furuya's pitch! I love how surprised Furuya, Miyuki, and Haruichi were. Eijun's a bunt master, but I think he may have skills to bat better if he was instructed in it.
Oct 12, 2015 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
tingy said:

Also, good job Eijun for making contact with Furuya's pitch! I love how surprised Furuya, Miyuki, and Haruichi were. Eijun's a bunt master, but I think he may have skills to bat better if he was instructed in it.

The detail of this is Eijun normally don't know how to bat and just bunt, but this time from nowhere he hit a good one, he is practicing hiding from everyone?
Oct 12, 2015 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. At least Ochiai knows what everyone's strengths are.
Oct 12, 2015 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
Isn't that the first time sawamura made contact with the ball when actually hitting?! And he's actually thinking about his plays while pitching too! He grows up so fast , I can't even...T-T

Even though Ochiai is a good instructor he still pisses me off.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Oct 12, 2015 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
When Eijun hit Furuya's pitch, I couldn't believe it. I mean he can only bunt and then. HE HIT IT. He might be a good batter ;;; I want him to see hit an actual pitch, not just bunting.

I hope Team B will win! OSU OSU OSU
Oct 12, 2015 8:45 PM

Mar 2008
It's great when everyone gets to show off their appeal. And Sawamura actually got a hit? The world's ending.

Hopefully Kawakami will shine through in the coming match.

Gotta love Nakata Jouji as Kataoka's old mentor. Should be a great next episode - why does the PV music have to be so sexy?
Oct 13, 2015 12:07 AM
Jan 2015
SSS...SAWA...SAWAMURA seriously hit one ? The end is near..
Oct 13, 2015 5:03 AM

Jan 2011
I love how everyone in the second-string team have their small moments to shine. It really shows how much they love playing baseball and why they're part of the team. Sawamura is constantly pitching really well. Really impressed with the second-string player's performance. Furuya's doing pretty well too, pitching with brute force. Of course, the other first-string players are really strong. It's interesting to see them listen to Ochiai's orders and it seems like it does make quite the difference. Not sure if they'll keep doing as what Ochiai told them to do though, we'll see.

It was nice to see Yuuki's brother and even Coach Sakaki appear. Seems like Sakaki is checking up on everything but I wonder what he wants to say. Sawamura being able to hit a pitch for once and it happened to be Furuya's pitch?! Well I'll be damned! That shocked everyone. xD
Oct 13, 2015 5:42 AM
Oct 2015
All in all a fabulous episode.
Kuramochi was a (sexy) beast when he was running, the coach sure does know how to get good results from each team member, but I still hate him -.-
And Tetsu's brother has arrived wowow exciting but also kind of frustrating, it's like they're just trying to add in new characters to replace the seniors..
Oct 13, 2015 10:05 AM

May 2015
Eijun hit Furuya's pitch o/
Tetsu has a little brother...
I wanted Haruichi to enjoy himself batting. Not be pushed into using a metal bat ;~;
Oct 14, 2015 6:36 AM
Jan 2015
Ochiai's instructions are really effective. Didn't like how he forced Haruichi to bat with a metal one but I kinda liked the hit they made with it.

Sawamura making a hit surprised me! Maybe because it was Furuya's.
Oct 14, 2015 3:30 PM
Jan 2014
Its nice to see a second Potantial new First Year. Im just asking myself will we even see an second Year Sawamura? With this Pacing the Fall Tournament wont be over soon, when they reach nationals it will even last longer and we are already nearly up to Date with the Manga (which is currently ~chapter 400)
So with potentional Nationals depending on how far they get will take another 100-200 Chapters alone for Fall to end. :O
Oct 14, 2015 10:42 PM

Oct 2011
Intense episode
Oct 14, 2015 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
That was an awesome episode, Sawamura holding his own and Kuramochi being the awesome cheetah he is was cool to see as well. Even though Ochiai may be a jerk at times he knows how what he's doing and tbh I'm curious to see what exactly will he able to do with this team if he was the coach. I’m looking forward to see what the new characters will do.
Oct 15, 2015 12:30 AM

Nov 2010
New characters look promising.
Oct 15, 2015 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
Lol at everyone being surprised that Eijun hit Furuya's pitch.I wonder what kind of batter he would be if he practiced his swing?

I like how the match is progressing so far and the 2nd stringers are not doing bad in relation to the 1st stringers.I also like how we were able to explore the feelings of some of the 2nd stringers who just like Eijun never gave up and continue to strive for their respective starting position despite being in the starter's shadow.

So not only do we have Koushuu and his glasses friend but Testu's younger brother seems be coming to Seido next year.The future first year crop of Seido is looking promising so far XD.
Oct 17, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
alright all the people going on about "omg sawamura got a hit". come on, you've watched this baseball show for over 100 ep already, cant you tell whats a hit and whats not?
Sawamura put the ball in play but he was thrown out, its not a hit, its merely putting it in play.
but yea its not everyday he make contact with a pitch.
How do I signature?
Oct 17, 2015 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
As much as I dislike Ochiai, he does give some motivating and good tips, but nonetheless, still an ass. I still want Kataoka to stay as the main coach and maybe Ochiai as the co-captain.

Everyone got surprised when Eijun made a play, and at Furuya's slide xD
Oct 21, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2012
Knew it was Tetsu's brother as soon as I saw his face. You can definitely see the similarities. Can't wait until the new freshmen join the team. We know of Tetsu's brother and the two guys in the stands in the first game. They all look pretty promising :)
Oct 26, 2015 12:27 AM

Jul 2014
Another really good episode, I'm starting to like Coach Ochiai and his approach as he's trying to take out the best in the team. If Coach Kataoka is to leave in the future, it'd be interesting to see what kind of a Seido Coach Ochiai will create. With all that in hand it seems like the former coach is back to Seido as well. Tetsu-san's brother looks promising as well, next ep gonna be awesome to see who this Demon Child is.
Dec 11, 2015 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
Testu's brother looks pretty strong; can't wait to see him in action, but that will take a while lol
Jan 16, 2017 10:52 AM

Sep 2015
Can't imagine Sawamura being a good senpai to Yuki's brother. So far so good.
Sep 21, 2018 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
Tetsu’s brother looks huge!

Eijun hit the ball? Wtf!
Dec 13, 2019 7:04 PM

Sep 2018
Ohh! Team Furuya vs Team Sawamura.
Sawamura is much better now! He even hit the pitch of Furuya! Wow!

Ochiai can do something good sometimes. Nice.
Nov 1, 2021 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
Ochiai may have a douche mentality but he to an extent knows what he's doing. Still hurts seeing Haruichi being forced to use a metal bat instead of the wooden one. Also promosing to know Yuuki's little brother is going to join next year.

Jul 12, 2023 7:30 PM

Aug 2019
Haruichi just keep doing your thing.

I guess they have more players that they can use anytime.

Noooo Haruichi haha!! She’s scouting already!! Yuki has a younger brother???? What the hell.
Coach?? Hello there
Sun_ChanJul 12, 2023 8:16 PM
Jul 29, 2023 3:27 PM

May 2018
YUKI'S LITTLE BROTHER IS HUGE. Another new face to join Seidou~
Aug 5, 2023 6:21 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This is super enjoyable

Assistant coach being a bit mean tho. Poor Haruichi :(

The first years next season are going to be beast
I’m predicting a Nationals championship win in S3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

139 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

50 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2015

35 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2015

47 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2015

55 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.