Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 30, 2015 10:57 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Zou's an 1000 year old elephant? Seems plausible....that fake Whitebeard son though! :D
Sep 30, 2015 10:57 PM

Nov 2011
That's worth a lot of bounty.

And Whitebeard's son? Hmm? I'm still not sure if that's really his son though.
Lol @ the Giant Elephant. However, I guess it's interesting to know that the tribe is the Minkmen tribe...
Sep 30, 2015 11:04 PM

Sep 2014
Lel wut....Shirohige's son? xD

The stitches reminds me somehow of Gekkou Moria :/

Damn dat friggin elephant island

Sep 30, 2015 11:04 PM

Sep 2013
I am really doubting whether this guy is actually Whitebeard's son. He is definitely powerful to make it into the Warlords but his mama especially seems like a top tier con artist to me.

Hopefully we're gonna see Marco soon due to the nature of this chapter, also Zou adventure's apparently going to start right away! We deserve it.
Sep 30, 2015 11:05 PM

Dec 2013
The 7th Shichibukai is Whitebeard's son? WTF! He must be pretty strong for Kizaru to respect his strength. Looks like he's after Luffy lol

Bartolomeo's group make for expert pirates XD

Franky is jelly in this chapter

Holy shit that is one massive Elephant!
Sep 30, 2015 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
Unsure if that is actually Whitebeard's son, but he looks powerful and he is after Marco.
Hopefully we get to see him soon.
Zou is on a moving Elephant that has lived for 1000 years. That's the New World for you.
Time for a new adventure.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 30, 2015 11:18 PM

Dec 2011
Good chapter and Bartolomeo crews are so funny.It seems like Franky is still jealous of Usopp bounty this chapter and i doubt the new Shichibukai is really Whitebeard son.Zou is an awesome 1000 years old giant elephant lol.....
Sep 30, 2015 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
A new adventure on an 1000-year old elephant? Count me in.
Sep 30, 2015 11:22 PM
Feb 2014
No more weird characters please. Just when the story was getting good, they introduced a ridiculous and weird shichibukai with ridiculously strong powers. Why can't Oda just introduce strong marines other than admirals instead of pirates like these!!
Sep 30, 2015 11:23 PM
Jun 2014
Pretty cool that Zou is on a giant, ancient elephant. Toriko has something like that going on too, I really like the concept.
Sep 30, 2015 11:31 PM
Mar 2014
Really interesting chapter, can't wait for this new arc

:D
Sep 30, 2015 11:31 PM

Mar 2012
Zou is a thousand year old elephant, huh? Sounds weird, so I'm definitely excited for this. xD

And that new Shichibukai seems pretty powerful. Regardless of if he's actually Whitebeard's son, this sets up an intriguing clash down the line. Hope this means Marco will be a part of this new arc.
Sep 30, 2015 11:35 PM
Jun 2014
Oh yeah, so this is the guy who cut off Zephyr's arm huh? And that bounty, he's powerful even if he does look silly or if he is Whitebeard's son or not. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Sep 30, 2015 11:45 PM

Feb 2014
Dressrosa is officialy over and Zou has begun.

Bartolomeo and his crew sailed into the New World without a fucking navigator? How was that even possible?

That Edward Weeble guy and his mother.......... We're all 100% sure they're not related to WB, right? lol.

We also see Kizaru. It's been a while.

That giant elephant, wow. I guess Luffy will manage to find a way to get eaten by that thing sometime in the next 50 chapters.

And we're finally going to meet those minks.
This girl(?) is probably one of them.

(chapter 795)
Sep 30, 2015 11:51 PM
Oct 2013
Dahkra said:
Pretty cool that Zou is on a giant, ancient elephant. Toriko has something like that going on too, I really like the concept.

And Naruto has literally he same thing with a turtle, the concept´s taken from Hindiusm and several other asian religions, no Goda worldbuilding.

Sep 30, 2015 11:53 PM

Jul 2012
no way that hedgehog is WB's son, not buying it
Sep 30, 2015 11:58 PM

Aug 2010
Nice adventure-like chap. How the hell Barto and co survived all the way here is beyond me. If he used his barriers I could understand but not even being allowed to use it was lol. Are we supposed to know this Gram person? I feel like we may know him/her?

Lol'd so much at Law calling Ussop, God and Franky's reaction LMAO

Would've really been interesting if WB really had a son and he was the 7th Shichibukai but having a fake that strong isn't bad either I guess. Hopefully we'll get to see Marco soon.

Dat Elephant tho. I knew Zou meant Elphant but it never came to mind that it would be a real one XD How the hell do u land on that O_o? Looking forward to see Bepo and hopefully the other SHs are on the island and not somewhere else. I want the reunion already. Let's hope this arc won't last that long too.

Edit: what's with people believing Weeble is WBs son? It's obvious that the ugly ass old lady's lying. WB had lots of nice chicks around. No way he'd tap that ugly ass :P
Sep 30, 2015 11:58 PM

Oct 2013
There is no way that this is his son..l
Sep 30, 2015 11:59 PM

Aug 2010
Can't wait for Luffy's legendary question. Does it poop?!
Sep 30, 2015 11:59 PM

Jan 2015
Who knew that Whitebeard actually have a wife and a son? He looks pretty stupid imo can't believe he's actually the 7th Shichibukai. Anyway seems like even Law acknowledged Usopp as a God:) ALL HAIL GOD USOPP!!!

I expected this chapter to show the reactions of everyone of the new bounties from the last chapter but it was an interesting chapter overall especially the elephant thing in Zou.
Oct 1, 2015 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
Damn never once thought we would have a living island of some sort but Zou is looking epic already.

could Zou be what was hidden in the mist when leaving thriller Bark in Chapter 490?
Oct 1, 2015 12:19 AM

Mar 2012
Not sure whether the son of WB is real... *stares*
He seems to be very powerful that makes Kizaru respects for and the creepy mom... Not sure whether she is WB's wife or not... I don't know why I'm having this feeling lol

Law calls Usopp 'God' with that straight face LOL!
Elephant... Elephant... a giant Elephant... Does it fart? Is it very powerful?

Bartolomeo and his crew *facepalm* They are really funny guys XD
Do not worry, be happy ~
Oct 1, 2015 12:27 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, Zou is an island on the back of an elephant? I guess that makes sense, seeing as how "Zou" means "elephant" in Japanese.

And I'm pretty sure that Weeble idiot isn't actually Whitebeard's son. I mean, it says he's the "self-proclaimed Whitebeard Jr." so it probably isn't legitimate. And if Whitebeard did have a biological son, I'm sure he would be a badass like his father, which Weeble doesn't seem like, even if he's powerful enough to be a Shichibukai that's acknowledged by Kizaru.

And lol, Bart's crew somehow made it this far without a navigator. I also thought it was funny how Law referred to Usopp as God lol. Anyway, can't wait for this adventure on Zou. I guess we can officially say goodbye to the Dressrosa arc.
thebrentinator24Oct 1, 2015 12:30 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 1, 2015 12:31 AM

Apr 2013
We finally know the identity of the last shichibukai, and it's Whitebeard's son! (well probably not but you never know). I'm sure Luffy and Co will be running into him sooner rather than later, also I have a feeling were gonna be see what Marco and the other remaining Whitebeard Pirates have been up to since the battle at Marineford in this arc (I mean aside from the ones that have been taken out by Weeble).
Oct 1, 2015 12:34 AM

Jul 2015
Oda's creativity never ceases to amaze me; not only that, he executes these inspiringly unique designs with such finesse that exemplifies his artistic integrity as a writer. Zou looks AWESOME and I can't wait to see what he has in store for the Minkmen Tribe!

Loved the banter as well; "You don't have a navigator? We're in the freaking New World here!" The new Warlord: Edward Weeble confounded me, as intended, which is great cause in the end no one was able to predict his identity or stature. Oda also meticulously built up his menace and credibility through external characterisation by the Navy (great way to see my favourite Admiral Borsalino again!) Liking the potential presented with Weeble already, he's not just a Whitebeard rip-off thank GODA. Nice fresh take on a mother-and-son dynamic in juxtaposition to Whitebeard's fatherly relationship with his crew.

To Zou, We Go!
(4.5/5)
Oct 1, 2015 12:42 AM
Jun 2015
Okay the introduction of this chapter was funny as hell lol..............we meet the 7th shichibukai and his Mom..........he's WB son and his mom is WB lover WHAT THE F*CK :O out of words............and we finally reaches Zou and it's a fuc*ing 1000 years old bigass moving Elephant :O............and we're finally gonna meet these Minks breed............overall nice setup chapter for the upcoming arc
Oct 1, 2015 12:46 AM

Apr 2014
Since it is written 'self-proclaimed', we could agree that he is not WB's son.
Pretty good chapter with a lot of classic interaction between character a la One Piece.
And finally ZOu!, and it's an Elephant!
Looking forward for more.
Oct 1, 2015 12:52 AM

Jan 2011
whitebeards son no way and he talks about marco so marco is alive
and the zou walking elephant
new arc and also luffy cover hes like naruto in sage mode
do you think that marco will support luffy ?
Oct 1, 2015 12:54 AM
Mar 2015
Self-claimed whitebeared son is the 7th shicibukai?
Lmao at barto crew manage to come this far without navigator and law calling usopp god, i just cant.
Woah zou. Cant wait to meet sunny crew and bepoooo haha
Oct 1, 2015 12:55 AM

Nov 2012
Hmmm...Whitebeard's son appears. I smell a phony. Anyways, okay chapter but I was hoping to see Sanji and the rest of the strawhats.

Zoa is a gigantic elephant?? Really? I'm not sure what to think of it honestly.
Oct 1, 2015 1:00 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting! It's weird how in Toriko right now, the arc is taking place in a city that is inside the mouth of a huge fish and now One Piece new arc is on the back of an elephant.. Maybe Oda got some inspiration from Shimabukuro for the Zou arc? At least this kinda thing has never been done before in OP, so I approve. I really hope the rest of the Straw Hats are there.

Whitebeard's self-proclaimed(lol) family? I believe Luffy has completely transcended Shichibukai-level, so I don't see them posing a threat to him, but it's exciting news knowing we may see Marco and co. some time soon. We are getting new Shichibukai every arc now it seems. Disappointed a little bit that we don't have any answers from 801 yet, but I figured that was the case..

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 1, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
>>Zephyr's arm was cut off by a pirate who had once pleaded for his life when he was captured by the former Admiral; that pirate was eventually sent to Impel Down Level 6.

>>Marshall D. Teach broke into Level 6 and released all the surviving prisoners during his recruitment.

>>One year ago, the same pirate who cut off Zephyr's arm became a Shichibukai after escaping from Impel Down.

So that guy is the self proclaimed "White Beard Jr."??
Oct 1, 2015 1:12 AM

Aug 2008
Whitebeard son? And he is shichibukai?

Zoa is a freaking giant elephant. LOL! Bartolomeo crew. No navigator and still make it this far.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 1, 2015 1:13 AM
Jan 2015
Giant Elephant..Wait... does that elephant walk on the water ??

Whitebeard's self proclaimed son ? but he is 480 Mil o.O I think this is what we call by "don't judge book by its cover" situation
Oct 1, 2015 1:49 AM

Jun 2013
...No Navigator...How freaking hell those guys survived this far?
This Crew is even more Moronic than Luffy and Co. put together.

Edward Weeble...finally we learn something new about this Last New Shichibukai...wait.....HE IS WHITEBEARD'S SON!!!?!?! ACTUAL FLESH AND BLOOD!?!? Holy tShit..why Marines have not killed him already!?!?!

That is F**KIng captain from the World of the Best that got wiped Out!!! Why the hell Whitebeard's own Son would wipe out his father's former Nakama's`....ah.. So....he is just Self-reclaimed....Like hell he is real Son...Ugly as hell....Whitebeard was Handsome...and Looks like he is jealous that Newgate was taking adopted Sons so all This...just pure Jealousy....

These 2 are nothing but Harpies that are riding in Whitebeards death...Like hell Newgate Loved that kind of Ugly HArpy!!! I think I am getting Sick by looking them.

At least the Self-Proclaimed Son want revenge for his father...very good...If He can I am all for him Killing Blackbeard.

ISLAND ELEPHANT!!!!?!?!? WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K!?!?!?! 1000 Year Old!
JarjaxleOct 1, 2015 2:17 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 1, 2015 2:24 AM

Sep 2014
Giant elephant lol, well that was unexpected even though the name means "elephant" xD
Wonder how hella huge his legs are considering they're in the middle of the sea.
Bartolomeo's crew so funny lulz
Oct 1, 2015 3:00 AM

Jan 2014
Design new Shichibukai looks awful and bad but Zou looks great.

4/5
Oct 1, 2015 3:22 AM
Mar 2015
ArtemisFlow said:
I am really doubting whether this guy is actually Whitebeard's son. He is definitely powerful to make it into the Warlords but his mama especially seems like a top tier con artist to me.

I think the title "self-proclaimed" lover and son are plenty enough to dispel the idea that they actually are Whitebeard's lover and son . . . plus I don't think Shirohige would have such a snotty lover and son. Been seeing theories crop up of the guy being Shiki's son though. Seems much more plausible.
Oct 1, 2015 3:56 AM

Oct 2007
That white beard son is created by geko moria? I see stitches all over his body.

Also considering that moria was stitched up, it might be just that grannies body double. So this old hag might be the real moria?

This is really strange tho to see ...

Either way there must be geko moria behind this, or connected to it.

The elephant lived 1000 years and there is fog all around. geko moria's zombies are immortal and there was fog around thriller bark too.

I expect another thriller bark arc of some sort ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2015 4:53 AM

Jun 2011
Isterio said:
no Goda worldbuilding.
First thing first, right?

tr1ckst3r said:
Since it is written 'self-proclaimed', we could agree that he is not WB's son.
Glad someone brought this up, exactly what I thought. The 'self-proclaimed' thing makes it all so dubious. They are most likely not Whitebeard's real family, but aside from the design, I am liking this Whitebeard Jr. after he said that he wanted to seek revenge for Whitebeard. That's a sign of naive(?) / good(?) kid right there. I also liked his interaction with his mama.

Barion-Zara said:
Nice adventure-like chap.
I feel the scent of adventure too in this chapter! I hope this arc doesn't get too serious / more laid back or adventurous. I can see the potential. The minkmen tribe intrigues me, but I reckon it's probably gonna go this way,
New enemies (Human) step foot in Zou -> Bully minkmen -> Luffy defeats new enemy -> minkmen come to find that not all humans are bad

One thing though, showing Weeble right before the Zou arc makes me think that there will be a clash between Luffy and co. with him within the Zou arc, which would probably make this a rather serious arc, but I hope not.

I wonder, what sort of power Weeble has, that Kizaru even said that "it is to be feared, just as Whitebeard in his younger days". Him actually thinking of going after Blackbeard solidify the fact that he is not one to be taken lightly.

Also hype to see Marco again, hopefully he comes relevant again soon.

Barion-Zara said:
Lol. Or, "Do you want to join my crew?" XD

I didn't really get a few things in this chapter,
1. Usopp said that he wanted to escape reality, but from what exactly? From entering Zou?

2. Someone said that judging from the back of Zou, it could be presumed that Sanji and co. has arrived on Zou, but what does that mean? Did Sanji do something to the elephant?

Arpit said:
No more weird characters please. Just when the story was getting good, they introduced a ridiculous and weird shichibukai with ridiculously strong powers. Why can't Oda just introduce strong marines other than admirals instead of pirates like these!!
I don't really get what you mean. The 7th shichibukai was destined to be introduced one day, it is inevitable that he looks like that (lol). If you mean that why couldn't the 7th Shichibukai be an ex-marine or something, we have had information of the 7th shichibukai for a while now, ->
knives1024 said:
>>Zephyr's arm was cut off by a pirate who had once pleaded for his life when he was captured by the former Admiral; that pirate was eventually sent to Impel Down Level 6.

>>Marshall D. Teach broke into Level 6 and released all the surviving prisoners during his recruitment.

>>One year ago, the same pirate who cut off Zephyr's arm became a Shichibukai after escaping from Impel Down.

So that guy is the self proclaimed "White Beard Jr."??
The guy is a pirate.

kst said:
do you think that marco will support luffy ?
Most probably, to honor Whitebeard's final command / Ace's will. Though we can't say for sure if they will continuously be supporting Luffy, as they might have a plan of their own, to take down Blackbeard or something. Most probably, they will not rely on Luffy for that, as they are proud of being a part of the crew of the strongest man in the world. They have the pride of being the 'strong ones'.

P.S. Oh ye I forgot to mention that the cover and coloured cover look beast! I wonder though why aren't the rest of the crew in the coloured cover. Chopper is in it, so it couldn't just be the "east blue gang". I thought the Hippo on the back was Franky because it looks huge, but it has a (Kenshin) scar on his face, so I don't think so. There's another small hippo on the ground with a katana, I couldn't figure out who it's supposed to be, assuming there's more to that. (probably not) Shame we couldn't see Robin, she would look gorgeous, just like Nami. :3
ToG25thBaamOct 1, 2015 5:09 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2015 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
Are people really thinking he is WhiteBeard son?
The self proclaimed shows exactly that he isn't WB son and his mother is only using him.
Oct 1, 2015 5:30 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
riqueterremoto said:
The self proclaimed shows exactly that he isn't WB son and his mother is only using him.

Exactly.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Oct 1, 2015 5:33 AM

Jun 2011
I am also interested to know who this Grams person is. I've seen Rogersbase review and he said that she was their granny or something, but I thought that it's a person's name. I could be wrong, but either way, Bartolomeo seems to respect this Grams person, so it got my attention.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2015 5:34 AM

Nov 2013
riqueterremoto said:

I doubt anyone here really thinks that is his son and wife. It is possible though.
Oct 1, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2012
Morcombe said:
Damn never once thought we would have a living island of some sort but Zou is looking epic already.

could Zou be what was hidden in the mist when leaving thriller Bark in Chapter 490?

You're right! The one in chapter 490 really seems like the zou elephant!
Oct 1, 2015 5:54 AM
Apr 2014
This is the mystery 7th Shichibukai that shall not be spoken of...
Oct 1, 2015 6:07 AM

Nov 2014
7th Shichibukai is the self proclaime son of whitebeard? Feel skeptical about this.
Damn Going Luffy Senpai is a sturdy shit ship. How the hell did Barto's crew reach the new world relying on "granny".

"God" I suuuppeerrrr lol'd on that moment. Law making Ussop bloated asF! Thus he got beaten by jealous Franky.

Zou is a 1000yr old living big ass elephant. Law, Strawhats and Wano Kingdom boys venture into the unknown next week.

#Hype
Oct 1, 2015 6:23 AM
Sep 2012
Well no Kaiba yet, looks like this Weeble is the next enemy, and consider what was revealed about Sanji in the previous chapter, I wonder if this elephant looking guy is connected to why Sanji is wanted only alive in any way.

Well Weeble doesn't look very smart, but he looks tough, so who knows what kind of a challenge this guy will bring.
blfanOct 1, 2015 6:54 AM
Oct 1, 2015 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
Barion-Zara said:

was thinking exactly the same!!! imagine it pooping on top of the Going-Luffy-Sempai haha

on a side note now about Sanji's bounty from chap. 801: Did we ever see Mingo his bounty poster? as a celestial dragon, shouldn't he also only be wanted alive if ppl think the theory about him being a prince or stuff is true? i honestly still think it's gonna be a stupid reason lol..
Oct 1, 2015 6:38 AM

May 2010
I wonder how these Minkmen are supposed to look like. Hope we're going to see Green Bull in this arc as well.

Slightly disappointed in this new Shichibukai, was expecting some interesting character. Turns out it's simply a dumb guy (albeit strong one) who is used by his mother, not to mention that he looks weird, as most of Shichibukai.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

29 by MegamiRem »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.