Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2015 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that got dark as expected.

I find it clever at how they used the slow pacing of the music to buildup the thrilling moments of the episode especially for the parts down at the basement. Episode barely had any cute moments except for that one car scene.

Seems like Yuki's illusions are breaking down as well....
Oh how reality hurts.
Sep 17, 2015 6:07 AM

Jan 2015
Ow...this episode...almost cried.

They know how to adapt the manga well then why did they add the fillers!!! Hopefully the second season will be better adapted.
XenocrisiSep 17, 2015 6:11 AM
Sep 17, 2015 6:44 AM

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:
>almost
you don't need to lie about that
its okay to cry over this episode

This ep made me tear up

Also another change to the intro.
In the last episode they removed the girls chasing after Taroumaru. Now they removed Taroumaru as well so there is no one.
DesuTronicSep 17, 2015 7:04 AM
Sep 17, 2015 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
I think yuki just Running from The True she dont want lose more important people to her.
Sep 17, 2015 6:46 AM

Oct 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Hopefully the second season will be better adapted.

Wait what, is it already confirmed a second season?
Sep 17, 2015 6:50 AM

Oct 2014
Xenocrisi said:
SakuraHynan said:

Wait what, is it already confirmed a second season?

Nope. But this anime will sell enough for a S2 so i think it's pretty obvious there will be.

I agree with you on that, and I'm waiting for the new season too~
Just thought that something was already confirmed, but until that day... *cross fingers*
Sep 17, 2015 7:29 AM

Sep 2010
When Miki opened the door that held Taroumaru, I didn't expect the "Oh, let's just have him run off" approach! lol

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Sep 17, 2015 7:31 AM
May 2014
got annoyed with Miki, she cared way more for the dog than for Kurumi...
Sep 17, 2015 7:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn that episode got super emotional so fast

This was probably the best and most saddest episode of the series imo and if this show had more episodes like this, I would have been emotionally compromised by this point in time

Can't wait for the finale....Goodbye Megu-nee TwT Yuki must be feeling so bad right now since she's come to term with reality finally
Sep 17, 2015 7:35 AM

Aug 2010
Beautiful how Yuki accepted reality. I wonder how she'll react if she sees Megu-nee's zombie corpse with a bashed skull though ^^;

Miki is pretty screwed but I honestly feel worse for Yuri. Being stuck with ur friend screaming like that struggling whether to kill them or not must be like living hell.
Sep 17, 2015 7:38 AM

Jan 2012
Well...that was probably the most emotionally draining episode of anything I've seen in awhile. Once they started the tears didn't really stop. :D Yuki showed great strength saying good bye to Megu-nee and going to save her friends. I do wonder how or if the freed zombie-maru will play a role in our finale.

Yuki aside there were classic zombie movie moments for Yuuri and Miki that were rather sad, and real, and tense, and solid.
Sep 17, 2015 7:44 AM

Oct 2010
Those last words before the episode ends. All my feels!!! Bye-bye Megu-nee. Damn, all the girls were psychologically cornered on what to do in this episode. It seems like Lerche is
This anime-original ending works too. Though the whole lockdown thing made the school look like a high tech facility (not like it already was before with all that prep material). That Yuki nightmare scene got me in both the manga and the anime. Poor her having to go through so many changes in this ep. Overall, these past two episodes have been very intense and I'm looking forward to the finale.
Sep 17, 2015 7:49 AM

Feb 2015

I'm so glad Yuki accepted Megu-nee's death. Perfect time for her to start facing reality because the other girls need her help.

Didn't expect Miki to actually kill Megu-nee. She's got balls.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2015 7:51 AM

May 2012
i dont even know how to react to all this
Sep 17, 2015 7:53 AM

Jun 2014
feels all over the place. the moment when miki put megu to rest was impacting.
yuki having to realize the thruth, the good bye to megu was my favourite.
and the medicine isnt just an antibiotics , its a specific for the infected?. its intriguing!. i want to know more!

10/10 ep
Sep 17, 2015 7:59 AM
Jun 2015
Can't help but praise the soundtrack. It really aided a lot of these scenes, especially with the feels.
Sep 17, 2015 8:02 AM

Feb 2012
Xenocrisi said:

They know how to adapt the manga well then why did they add the fillers!!!

Which parts were the fillers?
Sep 17, 2015 8:02 AM
Apr 2014
Meh what a dissapointing adaptation, the manga's events leading to the ending made way more sense.
Sep 17, 2015 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
Drake1000 said:
Meh what a dissapointing adaptation, the manga's events leading to the ending made way more sense.

Sep 17, 2015 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
Look like i only one notice it even everyone not notice it.

I got goosebumps from Megumi at first I think she just delusion illusion But now she Ghost only yuki can see but not delusion illusion .

Yuki dont know where broadcasting room only way out even Kurumi Miki Yuuri dont know About it only Megumi know it about that place.

Guys look in 18:00/24:16 in Video.

Look like Ghost Megumi Helping Yuki Whole time.

One Good Megumi Ghost and Second Bad Zombie Megumi.

Ghost Megumi Tell yuki which safe place to go not much zombie that weird right That mean she only one not delusion illusion but true guardians Ghost.

Ghost Megumi Telling Yuki you Need Move on and don't depend on anyone or to me You need depend your seft to all kind dangers and help your Friends.

Ghost Megumi Move on now say Good Bye to Yuki.

This Gakkou Gurashi Anime Need put Genre Supernatural Tag
danteinferno111Sep 17, 2015 8:49 AM
Sep 17, 2015 8:22 AM

Feb 2011
i cried for all 24 mins
Sep 17, 2015 8:22 AM

Jan 2015
Aaww... The Power of "Positivity".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 17, 2015 8:23 AM
Dec 2014
Man, this episode was amazing. So many feels! No more Megu-nee...? :(
Can't believe it's ending next week already! It needs a second season. Guess I'll be going to the manga after "Graduation."
Sep 17, 2015 8:28 AM
Nov 2012
Well Megu-nee, not many characters can claim to have two (or was it three?) death scenes. So you'll always have that.
Sep 17, 2015 8:30 AM

Feb 2014
Yuki finally goes into action. Hyped for the finale. Hopefully they will survive. Idc about the dog.
Sep 17, 2015 8:36 AM

Jun 2015
Hopefully Miki finds a way out of the shelter. Love the directing. I would've mercy-killed Kurumi a long time ago, but im glad they're holding out, considering the experimental vaccines have been found.

Sep 17, 2015 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Did anyone else get the feeling Yuki was actually talking to Megu-nee's spirit in the scenes after Miki destroyed her zombified corpse? It seemed different from her usual delusion, like Megu-nee's spirit was finally freed from that rotting body and could help Yuki for real one more time before ultimately moving on.
Sep 17, 2015 8:48 AM

Aug 2015
hmm overall a good episode with a lot of changes from the manga.
It's not necessarily a bad thing either because once again I find myself on the edge of my seat with not knowing how this anime is going to end.
(Miki especially with being surrounded by zombies in the underground safe house and actually opening the door with Taromaru in it.)

The good:
Rii's fighting herself to go through with ending her best friends life by her own hands. So far so good, probably could of held off a little for later though and drop the scene where she says she can't go through with it. Maybe it was done to show more of Rii's weaker side or to show how much she valued Kurumi as a friend.

Yuki's awakening and goodbye to Megu-nee.
Was both sad and touching, and I hope people will start to see Yuki's as a valued character.

Was kinda happy they added the scene with Miki realizing how tough it has been for Kurumi.

Miki's use of the CD player was interesting and was put to good use.

Kurumi's house vist from the manga at least got a nod this episode but again too bad they skipped that scene.

Tons of more zombies in their "safe area" and in the bunker which really makes this whole event that much more intense especially for Miki who's out in the open and now surrounded.

The bad: (For me anyway)

Taromaru's escape made me say "really?"
After the scene with Kurumi vs Taromaru I was ready for a Miki vs Taromaru but instead we got a zombiefied Taromaru scampers past her while almost acting like his old self (minus the blood). I think that scene would have been better if Taromaru jumped at Miki while trying to bite her, she manages to dodge, and then makes it inside.
Well no matter, maybe Taromaru will show up somewhere else.

Next episode looks like Yuki will reach the broadcasting room.
In the manga it makes sense with what she does there but now with the changes I'm not so sure how it'll play out. Looking forward to see how they end this anime now with next week being the final episode.

My vote for this episode 4 out of 5
IncubusknightSep 17, 2015 8:53 AM
Sep 17, 2015 8:51 AM

Nov 2014
Well everything just went to shit.

byebye megunee
Hi there
Sep 17, 2015 8:54 AM
Oct 2014
I weeped to this episode. So sadddd from beginning to end I weeped.
Sep 17, 2015 8:59 AM

Nov 2013
That's some original scene over there, such as emergency announcement, etc.
Sep 17, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
This was good, but it would have been so much better if I actually cared about any of the characters, but I don't as they're just moeblobs (albeit edgy ones). Yuki, in particular, is still really annoying, and once again her personality has changed to cater to the needs of the plot, and it just feels contrived and like lazy character writing. Episodes like this, that rely a lot on the viewer caring about the characters, really do highlight why filler is so bad for a series.

Won't watch a season 2 if this gets one, but I'll almost certainly end up reading the manga.
Sep 17, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
cant wait for the
Sep 17, 2015 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
"Bye bye, Megu-nee"That word... .A sad episode for me. The scene where megu-ne and Yuki were talking or the last scene of the episode. That was really sad, and

A very good episode. I like it.
Sep 17, 2015 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
DesuTronic said:
Xenocrisi said:
>almost
you don't need to lie about that
its okay to cry over this episode

This ep made me tear up

Also another change to the intro.
In the last episode they removed the girls chasing after Taroumaru. Now they removed Taroumaru as well so there is no one.

This episode made me feel the same way
Sep 17, 2015 9:34 AM
Jun 2008
Don't leave me Megu neeeeeee !!!!!
T.T !!!
Sep 17, 2015 9:36 AM

Feb 2011
kurumi shouldn't have much time left..

wow the zombies got even on the rooftop this time :o they're totally surrounded
two fo them were trying to break the flag pole/antenna xD

lol miki is still thinking of using the medicine on taroumaru :D
wasting so much time...

...zombies are flamable, good to know
what a waste of the crops :(

wtf, emergency mode activated, what the hell is that school

and yuki accepted megumi's death, wonder if by using the communication room she may be able to attract the zombies elsewhere
had wished more of the delusion world would have been seen before it ending :( oh well

AnnaSartin said:
Did anyone else get the feeling Yuki was actually talking to Megu-nee's spirit in the scenes after Miki destroyed her zombified corpse? It seemed different from her usual delusion, like Megu-nee's spirit was finally freed from that rotting body and could help Yuki for real one more time before ultimately moving on.

didn't think about that, but it's an interesting idea
that would also make all the other zombies traps for the spirits of their victims D:
ZeandoSep 17, 2015 9:43 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 17, 2015 9:49 AM

Dec 2009
Man this series continues to emotionally drain me. Like I heard good things about this anime before it started airing (I also knew about the zombie twist) but I never expected anything of this level of quality. I honestly consider this better than other shows like The Walking Dead that also focus on characters, because this is far more grounded and not as dramatically over the top. I have loved this season of diving into these girls lives during the zombie apocalypse, and I can't wait until the manga has enough material for the anime to get a season 2. RIP Megu-Nee Zombie, Awesome that Miki took her down and that Yuki accepted reality. Next week in the final episode ;_;
Sep 17, 2015 9:51 AM

Jul 2009
Quite different from the manga but still good in it's own way. Sadly there's just one episode left and it will end with them leaving the school.

Yuki is finally accepting the truth and that scene with Megumi was really touching.

Overall good episode.
Sep 17, 2015 9:53 AM

Aug 2015
Accepting reality be like: where's your god now.
MizunashiSep 17, 2015 10:03 AM
Sep 17, 2015 10:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That's what we call a cold hard dose of reality
Sep 17, 2015 10:04 AM

Mar 2012
Loved this ep.
As a manga reader I think this is a good end with all the previous chapters.

I would like to see Kurumi visiting her house, but now we have more important things, we've got save her! Stop complaining girls, save kurumi! Save the best!

Didn't expected Taroumaru just running away.

Xenocrisi said:
juicykitten95 said:

Agreed. I didn't understand that arc a lot.

But as an adaptation and no a exact reproduction of the manga I like how all this is going.
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 17, 2015 10:06 AM
Oct 2013
good stuff good stuff. they better not pull some shit and bring the dog back last minute.

bitter sweet that megu-nee got put down. was kind of holding out hope they could heal her but thats just wishful thinking :/
Sep 17, 2015 10:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Man, the scenes with Yuki slowly realising were powerful. Especially when she opens the door when she sees no one and starts to cry.

Yuuri's losing her mind. :/

Miki was the best choice for the Megu-nee kill as she didn't know her. Let's see what they will do with Taroumaru (he clearly ran out of the room).
Sep 17, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
"Bye bye Megu-nee" and the ribbon flying off the grave got me pretty good. Nearly cried! Love seeing Yuki accept her surroundings! Eagerly waiting for next episode!
Sep 17, 2015 10:14 AM

Feb 2011
Smudy said:
Man, the scenes with Yuki slowly realising were powerful. Especially when she opens the door when she sees no one and starts to cry.

if only the show did spend half of its time showing the delusion world(mixed with bits of reality), as the first episode seemed to hint, the impact would have been even greater :( (really wished they had done that, same for the manga if it's the same)
but no use complaining now :/ show is what it is

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Sep 2014
Gotta wonder why the vaccine case had prints on it. Megu-nee's maybe?

Zeando said:
Smudy said:

if only the show did spend half of its time showing the delusion world(mixed with bits of reality), as the first episode seemed to hint, the impact would have been even greater :( (really wished they had done that, same for the manga if it's the same)
but no use complaining now :/ show is what it is

The anime did a pretty good job, tho. Any more, and we won't have a properly advancing plot.
The sun is a deadly laser

Feb 2013
My heart......
Sep 17, 2015 10:16 AM

Jul 2007
I am caught up to the current events of the episode in the manga and I really don't see what all the purist fuss is all about.

As far as I am concerned adaptation does NOT have to be the exact same thing. This is the take on Gakkou Gurashi in a visual medium and it is faithful and in a lot of ways better than source material.
Sep 17, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2009
Ep.11

Despite many differences from the manga version, and If we forget about events in manga version, this is good ep.

The atmosphere, the emotion, the BGMs and the character development (especially, Yuki) all are great. I love Yuki and Megu-nee scenes.

Two complains I have are Yuki and Miki seems to forget/uncare about Rii-san and Kurumi's fate and characters spent too much time talking and insted of hurry to get the medicine ...but considering that the time in fiction doesn't reflect the time in real world I don't really mind about it. (Anyone remember : "Namek will explode in 5 minutes" ?)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.