Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, the mood of this episode is already dark..

So they are searching for the dog. Then the memories of Kurumi flowing in Kurumi's head. I think the episode showed her grave spot. Also found some of the more clearer camera shots of the school to be somewhat interesting to illustrate the horror elements.

One hell of an episode this week.
Poor Kurumi D:
Sep 10, 2015 6:34 AM

Jan 2014
All aboard the pain train.

That was really well done and made sense of the earlier introduction of some characters for a greater payoff later.
Sep 10, 2015 7:01 AM

Mar 2014
acrimonious said:
The staff was like: "We've had enough moe already, so time to take the feels train to max speed and derail it".
Sep 10, 2015 7:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode of the season.
Sep 10, 2015 7:39 AM

Jan 2015
RanceyPants said:
Well At This Point I Have No Idea What I Think About This Adaption.

Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. Well, curious to watch the next episode since they'll adapt the 5th chapter and from the 19th to 22nd chapter. Great choice if you ask me.
Sep 10, 2015 7:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My goodness the feels were strong in this episode

Not only did best girl have to deal with the loss of that cute dog (That made me really sad because I loved that dog) but she literally got mind raped by the fact that it was Megu-nee that killed him

Jesus Christ everyone got messed up psychologically with this episode and I felt so bad for them.....I swear if they don't save best girl I'm gonna rage so hard but to add injury to insult the fucking barricade broke

Sighhhhh this is going to be one hell of a conclusion but all I'm gonna say is RIP Taroumaru.....He gets a lot of hate but he added a lot to the character development of all of these girls and it was great
Sep 10, 2015 7:42 AM

Jan 2012
Well it's all collapsing now, barriers both physical and psychological. Taroumaru's death is confirmed, guess zombie dogs can still run, just not zombie people. Can Kurumi be saved? Well...we'll see I guess.
Sep 10, 2015 7:45 AM

Oct 2010
Damn, shit finally hits the fan this episode. Poor Kurumi for having to witness the
And dang the zombies made their way into the building. This cannot get any worse. I loved how they changed the whole atmosphere and background for that whole basement scene. Made things way more creepier. Also, that Kurumi nightmare was so fk'ed up. Seems like next episode will be crazy.
Sep 10, 2015 7:46 AM

Jan 2015
Just CUT HER HAND already!!!!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 10, 2015 7:52 AM

Aug 2015
Alright the anime's back on track! Get ready for Yuki's awakening!

This episode was great, had some changes in the opening (Taromaru's and Megu-nee's spot on the panels and even darker/gritty boarders). The broken crayon and dirty book and desk in the preview was also a nice touch to match the mood of this episode.

Taromaru's adaptation is finally over(RIP), though when he went to bite Kurmi the first time I was a bit worried they'd change her being bitten by Taromaru instead of Megu-nee (Shovel-kun did the noble thing and took the bite for her, now we'll have to worry about a zombie shovel on the loose)(Also zombie dogs are terrifying).
Jokes aside Miki's break down to cry for Taromaru was well placed since it adds to the note of despair that they made at the ending of this episode. It would of been odd to not have her do this at least once, what with the character development they had between her Taromaru and the girls. With this episode I feel like I can rest easy now and say the changes with Taromaru being added was overall a good thing.

The facade over Rii's calm and mature demeanor is becoming more evident now, where she even ignores Yuki this episode to try to deal with her stress and focus on tending to Kurumi. Looking forward to the next episode for more on that.

The bits with Kurumi's interaction with Megu-nee when she was first asked to join the club was a good choice for what was about to happen, and Kurumi asking
Megu-nee's grave to look after Taromaru had so much irony that it made me chuckle.

Kurumi's nightmare later on felt a little out of place but I think it's suppose to represent the virus trying to take over her, thus the shadows bashing at the window and Megu-nee scratching at the door. Overall it a nice addition to the anime.

A lot of tension this episode but that's what I like to see. 5/5 for this episode and looking forward to the next two.

Side note: Still waiting to see what's on that CD they found in the lock box.
IncubusknightSep 10, 2015 8:12 AM
Sep 10, 2015 7:58 AM

Nov 2014
Omfg, best episode. This episode was a real thriller. With the ending of this episode, the series can go so many ways now.
Kurumi is turning into a zombie so she'll have to die unless they can fetch the antidote.
Yuki notices the broken window and starts to remember the day that Megu-sensei died.
Yuuri is very emotional and can break down any moment now, since she knows she'll have to kill Kurumi.
Miki is very sad by the death of the dog. Will she be able to kill it when she meets it downstairs. Does she even know the way to the antidote?
Zombies don't like the rain, more and more going inside and breaking down the barricade to the safe zone.

So much sht going on, I want to watch those 2 last episodes so badly now.
Happy ending? how?
Sad ending, death of everyone, gg?
I want to know....
Sep 10, 2015 8:07 AM
Apr 2014
Yay this fucking filler dog finally bites the dust, and even after his death, he's now the cause for Kurumi getting bit by Megu-nee, he already did so much damage to some of the girls development, was the reason some great scenes in the manga were skipped, truly the main antagonist of this anime.
Yuuri is fucking nuts, put that knife down.
I'm at least glad he wasn't the one to bite Kurumi, of course convenient anti zombie medicine are in the basement where Zombie-nee and filler dog are, though that is not surprising considering how prepared this school was for the apocalypse.
Drake1000Sep 10, 2015 8:15 AM
Sep 10, 2015 8:08 AM

Feb 2012
slayermusiq1 said:

Sad ending, death of everyone, gg?
I want to know....

Gonna be one hell of a finale it seems :c
Sep 10, 2015 8:09 AM

Dec 2010
acrimonious said:

Yeah, I'm in a lot of pain because of that fucking Taroumaru and all the time wasted on him.
Sep 10, 2015 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
I didn't really liked the dog anyways so whatever. I'm sad because Kurumi got bit. Damn, hopefully someone can get that medicine.
Sep 10, 2015 8:16 AM

Feb 2011
the opening continues to change
-missing taoumaru when the bone was flying
-the sky is red/sunsetting now, and taroumaru walking alone
-yuki's cap is a little red..

..kurumi going down, that's going to end bad..
oh yeah, it got zombified :o shit is going to go down

..who cares about that dog, kurumi is zombifying too, miki..
sure miki won't have problems attacking megumi cause she didn't knew her, but she'll have problems with taroumaru

they're so screwed now..
how many chances are there for them to survive after this?

Mascera said:

more like, the whole arm? :/
ZeandoSep 10, 2015 8:20 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 10, 2015 8:20 AM

Feb 2011
Xenocrisi said:
Zeando said:

sure miki won't have problems attacking megumi cause she didn't knew her, but she'll have problems with taroumaru

Taroumaru is in a room. Miki will not have problems if Miki won't open the door.

IF :3

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 10, 2015 8:22 AM

Feb 2011
i need a hug after watching this ;_;
Sep 10, 2015 8:27 AM

Feb 2015

Can't believe Kurumi of all people got bitten first. She's the most badass girl of the show and I expected her to be the last one standing. =/
They better find her an antidote. Best girl can't die like this.

Welp, looks like more zombies got in. I hope everything will be daijobou.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2015 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
They love breaking the 4th wall, don't they?

CaelidesuSep 10, 2015 8:52 AM
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 10, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
dem yuki noticed the broken window , her awakening will brake my kokoro :(
Sep 10, 2015 8:33 AM
Jun 2015
It had to be best girl, didn't it?
okqoiwfklweSep 10, 2015 10:49 AM
Sep 10, 2015 8:40 AM

Nov 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOO BEST GIRL PLEASE DON'T DIE
Hi there
Sep 10, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
This was great. Best episode so far. Things become really interesting.

Mascera said:

This isn't Bleach. Here people dies if they lose too much blood after cutting arm.
Sep 10, 2015 8:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Sep 10, 2015 8:50 AM

Dec 2009
Well... f*ck.

Xenocrisi said:
Zeando said:

Taroumaru is in a room. Miki will not have problems if she doesn't open the door.
She doesn't know that. But I think she realized that problem the moment she saw his bowl.

DeeIsMe said:
They need to take that shovel and violently hack Kurumi's arm off or something.
Apart from the fact that this would be life-threatening too (can you even cut an arm off with a shovel?), I'm pretty sure it's also too late for that.
http://puu.sh/k6vSx.png
http://puu.sh/k6wi6.png
Sep 10, 2015 8:51 AM

Aug 2015
Mascera said:

ikr
Sep 10, 2015 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
Girl of the Season, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;_;

SchwingBoner said:

Welp, looks like more zombies got in. Everything will be diejobou.

[/center]

ftfy
Sep 10, 2015 8:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The animation on the glass shatter was amazing.
Sep 10, 2015 9:00 AM

May 2010
Shrimperor said:

SchwingBoner said:

Welp, looks like more zombies got in. Everything will be diejobou.

[/center]

ftfy

haha :D
Sep 10, 2015 9:03 AM

Sep 2007
OK, that's it, after this season is over I'm pre-ordering the manga.
Sep 10, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
Smudy said:
The animation on the glass shatter was amazing.

But the real question is...there was glass? I thought that there was just wood.
Sep 10, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2014
finally it started.... my god watching while all lights are out, and wearing noise canceling earphones... it gave me the shivers

those changes to the ED song was perfect!!

5/5
MaxXZoeSep 10, 2015 9:25 AM
Sep 10, 2015 9:34 AM

Jul 2014
Hooray, that stupid damn dog is finally dead. Maybe now the show will stop wasting valuable screen time. Also, they have a knife and a shovel: why don't they just cut off Kurumi's arm rather than run the risk of trying to find the medicine, especially now that the barricades have broken? Actually, what was Yuuri going to do with the knife when she pulled it out? Was she going to kill Kurumi? That'd be a surprise. Also, I know we saw Megu-nee writing right at the end there, but I'm still totally calling bullshit on these zombies remembering their old lives; the very notion of that is entirely absurd.

Also, Yuki's delusions sure are convenient for the plot; is it really a coincidence that they're only breaking down again now that it's all going down? Also, her delusional state allows them to justify every bullshit change they make to her personality: since when is she so dependable as she was shown to be when helping with Kurumi's injury?

Lots of good things here, but there's a lot of things that are pretty poor as well.
Sep 10, 2015 9:35 AM

Sep 2014

Amazingly, Megu-nee stayed calm and wrote the names of the three girls before being zombified completely.

So, this week episode is getting intense and darker and gloomy. I guess Yuki-chan delusions is starting to falling off slowly. With 2 more left, hopefully they will get to the place they go stated in the manga. Won't spoil it ;)

Also,
Shrimperor said:

Sep 10, 2015 9:35 AM

Feb 2013
The episode where shit got real.

Most Zombie survival stories would cut Kurumi's arm off for maximum survival potential, but I guess not for this one huh.
Sep 10, 2015 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
What the fuck...so much happened in this episode :'(
I hope the zombies won't manage to reach the floor where the others are...and I hope Kurumi is able to recover.

Sep 10, 2015 9:37 AM

Apr 2012
RanceyPants said:
Well At This Point I Have No Idea What I Think About This Adaption.

Yeah, it's well done.... but it's all wrong.... oh well :|
Sep 10, 2015 9:45 AM

Jul 2007
This episode is second best episode this season and this year so far. Holy Shit.

Holy Shit.

Speechless.

Doge T_T

9000/5
Sep 10, 2015 9:53 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Still waiting for Yuki to go crazy after realizing what's actually happening and suddenly capable of killing all the zombies, just hoping.

Without Kurumi and Taroumaru their survival rate would clearly drop.

If Kurumi were really dead later then those girls would be fucked up, no fighter and no driver. Dunno about Miki, but I think she would be the only capable of replacing Kurumi's role.

As for Yuuri, the only good things about her are her attractive figure and personality, which don't help against zombies :>

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 10, 2015 9:56 AM

Mar 2014
Were the zombies' faces blacked in the manga as well?
Sep 10, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Soooo with all this happening and yuki holding a bat in the preview...

Sep 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, that's exactly what I've been waiting for!

I enjoyed this episode from the beginning, but I was constantly worried that Yuki would interrupt and ruin the mood. I'm glad she eventually wasn't hopelessly cheerful. Generally speaking, I'm pleased with her role this time. I'd be annoyed if she became the main star, but the issue of her delusions was shown without giving her a lot of screen time. Bless for that. The last lines were satisfactory.

Yuuri reminds me of Mami Tomoe with that false bravado. There's no way it won't turn out to be painful. She seems to bear too much pressure and responsibility to handle it. I'm not surprised she can't put up with Yuki when she's more stressed than usual.

That was a great episode and I'm hyped for the next one, but if I could remove Taroumaru sooner, I'd definitely do it. Damned screen time stealer. He's a dog, so going from "I avoid Miki" to "I'll let her pet me" is seriously all he can get in term of character development. What a waste.

Oh, I'll also add that zombie Megu-nee would have impact on a completly different level if she wasn't shown so many times already. Meh.
"If they say there is no chance of victory, she will create one with her own sword."
The avatar picture was made by おみず on Twitter.
Sep 10, 2015 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Kurumi and bye bye Taroumaru.
Sep 10, 2015 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
She didn't immediately turn into a zombie so she's gonna be saved anyway... way to make zombie bites feel inconsequential. Also who cares about the fucking dog.

The whole show lacks tension. Really doesn't feel like an apocalypse setting.
Sep 10, 2015 10:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
They need to bring back Megu-nee with that medicine!

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 10, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
Finally shit happens.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 10, 2015 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Taroumaru is now a zombie.

Kurumi got bitten, let's hope someone will get the medicine soon and I hope she can recover.
Sep 10, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2010
Quite a difference compared to the manga but pretty nice in it's own way.
Honestly Taroumaru was scary.

Next week should be interesting with everything that's happening.
Sep 10, 2015 10:21 AM
Jan 2012
Even it's different course, but I also like it this way.

Melcookie96 said:
Soooo with all this happening and yuki holding a bat in the preview...

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.