3It was OK
6.6%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.6
305 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2009 1:19 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hey dudes, here is the RAW

http://www.ichianime.com/2009/12/darker-than-black-ryuusei-no-gemini-10.html

have fun :)

O MY GOD WE GET TO SEE MAO AND HIS REAL BODY!

well, we finally get to see why Mao is an animal. And quite a surprise, he used to know Suou's mom. I don't know what their relationship is though.
We also get to see what kind of unfortunate accident suou had.
And finally a confrontation between Hei and Misaki, though it was short :D. And in the end we get to see a bit of Yin and a Moon?!? WTF!

THE PLOT THICKENS
syeneDec 10, 2009 1:51 PM
Dec 10, 2009 1:59 PM

Sep 2009
Shwaaaaaat?

Mao knowing Suou's mom is a surprise. And I wonder what he looks like... gah, I have to avoid this thread now until tomorrow so I don't ruin it for myself. >____> Although odds are I probably will anyways and poke my head back in here...
Dec 10, 2009 2:13 PM
Aug 2009
so hei killed that girl
with all the blood and everything wow

at the end with all the flowers is that yin?
she looks very different.

suou looks like she may end up with hei.
just saying.
Dec 10, 2009 2:45 PM

Dec 2009
x0utmyheart said:

just saying.

Whaaaat! I won't allow it!! Dx *takes a hatchet and goes to BONES studio*
Dec 10, 2009 2:55 PM

Apr 2009
Mahoutsukai said:
x0utmyheart said:

just saying.

Whaaaat! I won't allow it!! Dx *takes a hatchet and goes to BONES studio*

*brings knife and follows*

Cant wait for subs ^^

Dec 10, 2009 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think Hei killed that girl tho..-.-
and that was disgusting.....
Suou gotta love her more and more now!
i feel so sad for suou's mom for marrying sucha freak mad scientist tho><
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 10, 2009 4:29 PM

Oct 2008
MAO! ; ;
Wow, the fact that the incident involving his body getting destroyed is related to Suou and her mom was quite unexpected, but... as;ldjal;skdjf seeing real Mao made me o//////o he was pretty sexy for a not-so-young guy. ;D

Yin looks like a boy, man. :| A boy wearing Nia's Anti-Spiral body suit.
arisudollDec 10, 2009 4:50 PM
Dec 10, 2009 7:18 PM

Dec 2007
Jeez, Hei obviously didn't kill Yoko. It was probably either Oreille or Shion.
Mao's ankle fetish made me lol. And also, this episode pretty much makes it clearer than ever that Misaki x Hei is never going to happen, as he was about to kill her in cold blood.

So the moon signifies Yin's awakening of some sort. And what's up with that evil smile of her.
Dec 10, 2009 11:22 PM

Aug 2008
no Yin dont go evil

Hei and Suou on good terms now, nice

hair cut is really making shit better

the moon is visible now

everything better turn out for the better for Hei's party (you know who belongs in his party, 6 ppl lol)
Dec 10, 2009 11:26 PM

Apr 2009
So little episodes left=(

Dec 11, 2009 2:45 AM

Jul 2009
Lets hope for a season 3!!!!
Dec 11, 2009 2:52 AM

Feb 2009
Charliehsv said:
Jeez, Hei obviously didn't kill Yoko. It was probably either Oreille or Shion.

Yeah,it's so obvious.
Charliehsv said:

And also, this episode pretty much makes it clearer than ever that Misaki x Hei is never going to happen, as he was about to kill her in cold blood.

Indeed...but still it's kinda sad.Hei once said he was going to kill Yin and if he realy does it and he's not interested in Misaki...then what?Suou?!
I don't want some lolicon ending xD
Charliehsv said:

So the moon signifies Yin's awakening of some sort. And what's up with that evil smile of her.

That realy worries me :S
And all this talk about her killing contractors,damn that's scary.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 11, 2009 3:54 AM

Apr 2007
I hope this won't be reaching a conclusion.
The anime is lacking .. too many holes that need to be filled.
Amber, Hei's sister, The Syndicate.
I have been waiting since 2007 for this and yet, it seems that it won't be revealed.
I'll be waiting for season 3, sadly, with less anticipation.
This season was a letdown.

Dec 11, 2009 4:18 AM

Oct 2009
Another awesome episode! Loved the past of Mao! Everything is now fianlly clear about Mao! Kirihara was nice to pick up with Suou with July but too bad Mao got left behind in the car...at least he found out more about Asako Makimiya. Great information was learned from Asako on what happened during the explosion and about Suou being a possible copy but I think the cremation might have been with the wrong body. Yoko.....T_T so sad she is dead and Hazuki giving that kiss made me think of a last kiss to a dead person thing. So does Shion really copy things or he is limited in the copy? How does Hei attack Kirihara? I though they were ok with each other....Suou x Hei getting more emotional? I prefer Yin x Hei but I have a bad feeling Hei might not have a choice to kill Yin....please do not do this! It will break of all of us Hei x Yin fans and I had enough of deads already in anime. Yin...what in the world is wrong with her and that smile here=> You believe what Yoko told Hei? I don't think Yin herself can do these things...something is controlling her=>
Mao looks so nice for any girl to fall for him when he was a human contractor and BTW who set him up again?
Is this the ME machine to erase memories?
I can see here that Hei did not lose his torture tool choosing and they all look something I would not want to have used on me for torture=>
Yoko.....T_T so sad and cruel again....I am seeing too much of this in anime....I have to get some fresh air again but worse is Hazuki kissing her....looks like a kiss to dead person or was it just to pay for the contract?
I actually felt sad for Suou here=>

Overall Yin come back to normal please.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 11, 2009 4:22 AM

Jul 2008
Is this really 12 episodes?
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Dec 11, 2009 4:55 AM
Dec 2008
Aeiou said:
Is this really 12 episodes?

Yes, 12 episodes only. Sad isn't it? but good thing there's the OVAs

Hei really needs to get his powers back. If he clashes with yin I doubt he's gonna win. yeah I know, we haven't seen her powers yet, but she just 'looks' so in-control.

I bet those blond guys killed Youko, since she's the only one who knows her location besides Hei. I doubt it was yin, Youko isn't a contractor.

wow, I haven't had this excitement ever since they left Russia.
Dec 11, 2009 5:01 AM

May 2009
Nice to finally see Mao's background; there's no way Hei did that to Yoko, it's not his style. I would like to see Hei get his powers back but maybe that's how he survives the inevitable encounter with Yin, since he has no contractor power she won't kill him.

scandal said:
Yin looks like a boy, man. :| A boy wearing Nia's Anti-Spiral body suit.
lol agreed.
KryptonianDec 11, 2009 5:05 AM

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Dec 11, 2009 5:49 AM

Oct 2009
OftheFlesh said:

I bet those blond guys killed Youko, since she's the only one who knows her location besides Hei. I doubt it was yin, Youko isn't a contractor.
It's Madame Oreille. Can't be Shion like someone said before.

Dec 11, 2009 6:29 AM
Dec 2008
francismeunier said:
OftheFlesh said:

Yeah... the blond guys/people (it could be those twins you know). I never suspected Shion because I don't think he's capable in inflicting that kind of damage.
Dec 11, 2009 6:34 AM

Oct 2009
OftheFlesh said:
francismeunier said:
OftheFlesh said:

Yeah... the blond guys/people (it could be those twins you know). I never suspected Shion because I don't think he's capable in inflicting that kind of damage.
BTW did you see that big telescope thing with those Dolls in green bubble like glasses....are they using it with the twins to have world Doll power anywhere on the planet? It looks like that and those twins are not ordinary dolls of what it looks like. That kiss of Hazuki in Yoko in one of my pics gave me chills and you?

Dec 11, 2009 6:42 AM
Dec 2008
francismeunier said:

BTW did you see that big telescope thing with those Dolls in green bubble like glasses....are they using it with the twins to have world Doll power anywhere on the planet? It looks like that and those twins are not ordinary dolls of what it looks like. That kiss of Hazuki in Yoko in one of my pics gave me chills and you?

I think it's the observatory like the one in S1 (where stargazer-sama and those other dolls are located) It seems they're using it again though in a different location.

The kiss? yeah it creeped me out a bit, especially after she kissed Yoko there was blood all over her lips *shrugs* Also, it could be that the kissing scene gave me yuri vibes (do not want XD)
Dec 11, 2009 7:11 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah this season was a little bit of a let down so far. I think there really needs to be a season 3, even if its another 12 episodes. The last 2 episodes just doesn't seem enough time to completely wrap this up.
Dec 11, 2009 7:16 AM

May 2009
Seeing Mao's original self and how he came to be a cat was an unexpected treat. Laughed at his ankle fixation. Interesting revelation about Suou. It does make you wonder what the limitations are to Shion's power. As most people have said, Hei didn't do that Yoko (RIP, poor girl). Oreille seems to be pulling the strings here, at least that's how it looks. Can't help but feel bad for Misaki. All she wants is the truth and to get together with that nice Chinese boy, but nearly gets killed by said boy. Yin was creepy there. Two words that I'd never think would go together, Yin and creepy. Two more episodes not including the OVA, but so much left to cover.
Dec 11, 2009 7:34 AM

Mar 2009
Incredible episode!

What a sad thing to happen to Suou though.
Dec 11, 2009 8:00 AM

Apr 2008
After all that talk I'm kinda hoping Shion and Yin *do* meet. I mean Shion and "the girl that used to be our beloved Yin but got a makeover from hell from the studio and is now an evil alien". *waaaah*
Dec 11, 2009 8:03 AM

Mar 2008
A great in-depth episode. Suou is a copy is somewhat unexpectect... but her confession to Hei was adorable even though we know nothing will come out of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2009 8:12 AM

Apr 2008
Holy crap!
Suou is a copy that was made by her brother
The father is F*** up
Glad that Hei didn't kill Yoko but still F*** up that either Oreille or Shion did it to make it look like Hei did, which means we will get a epic fight between Hei and Hazuki.
I personal think that Hazuki did have feelings for Yoko.

MAO O_o and he had a ankle fetish!?
Dec 11, 2009 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
Oh hi, it's a new doll system, surprise~

Kirihara's car doesn't have a plate : O None of the cars do! O.O
Small worthless details~

And now I'm really intrigued, how come Suou's dead even though she isn't?

Oh I was right, the twins were dolls. Say who said they weren't? ^^ Who was it? : >

Lol lucky~
Kirihara just happened to find Suou and July xD
Speaking of July, he gets a lot of lines in this episode : O
I want a steamed buns btw D: Anyone got one for me?

Oh ho Suou was supposedly blown to pieces ^^

That's right, Hei's persuasive methods are the best : >
Oh and so Suou is the red star?
So.. Suou's a copy made by Shion's ability? (with maybe some help from the ME-stuff)

OH SHI-
Not nice.
Well someone likes killing people brutally.

Too much drama is too much drama. Suou in love? =.= You gotta be kidding me.
Oh and Mao's fat btw xD

No, wait! Way to use a cliff-hanger D:.
Next episode.. YIN~ Must. Have. Nao! D:
Gah gief fast-forwarding to next week D:

Oh and btw, off-topic like heck, but Durarara!! seems pretty good xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 11, 2009 9:45 AM

Jul 2009
i seriously wonder how are they gonna end wif 12 ep...
i feel so frickin sad for suou!!!She died...omg...wtf...
How old is hei btw?<3suou!I wonder why nobody loves this pairing,sob,i think they are great together though
And who's izanagi?Suou or shion?(I must have forgotten some ep)
Dec 11, 2009 10:03 AM
Nov 2008
Oh no Suou is a copy :<
Reminds me a bit of Rei.

I wonder what Shions contract payment is because, that's a pretty powerful ability.

So Mao cannot turn to a Human anymore?

Well great Episode, but i can't believe that we pnly have 2 Eps left. They will rush the ending, if they don't expand it :/
Dec 11, 2009 10:15 AM
Feb 2009
Mao's ankle fetish, lmao.

@DESU_USED- Wasn't Shion's obeisance that he couldn't walk? I thought he was able to walk again in the one of the earlier episodes but then used his power again so was back in the wheel chair.
Dec 11, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
DESU_USED said:
I wonder what Shions contract payment is because, that's a pretty powerful ability.

zefster said:
@DESU_USED- Wasn't Shion's obeisance that he couldn't walk? I thought he was able to walk again in the one of the earlier episodes but then used his power again so was back in the wheel chair.

Yup yup, that's most likely his remuneration. (Although I don't think they've clearly said it right out.)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 11, 2009 11:08 AM
Aug 2009
I thought it was a pretty good episode. The thing at the end of the credits was disappointing it seems a side story or another non Hei being the main character thing. I feel there is too much left for just two episodes.

Side note, I am hoping for Hei x Misaki and Suou being like the adopted child and there is a happy ending.....Highly unlikely. I wonder if there going to kill off Hei? How do you feel about that? Personally it would not sit well with me.
Dec 11, 2009 11:13 AM

Oct 2008
Hmm, my speculation for the final would be, Hei sacrifices his life to kill Yin and save everybody, but they're going to leave the ending open and leave it to the viewers to decide if Hei is alive or not. Oh, and Kirihara adopts Suou and July, or something like that. 8)

ahuman said:
The thing at the end of the credits was disappointing it seems a side story or another non Hei being the main character thing.

What thing are you talking about? :o
Dec 11, 2009 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
I thought it was Yin who killed Yoko at first because of all the graphic images of Yin killing other people... w/e.

Another awesome episode, and we are clearly reaching the climax. It was fun to FINALLY learn about Mao's life story. Interesting to know how coincidentally that he knew Suou's mom. I wonder what's going to happen now :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 11, 2009 11:22 AM
Aug 2009
scandal said:
Hmm, my speculation for the final would be, Hei sacrifices his life to kill Yin and save everybody, but they're going to leave the ending open and leave it to the viewers to decide if Hei is alive or not. Oh, and Kirihara adopts Suou and July, or something like that. 8)

ahuman said:
The thing at the end of the credits was disappointing it seems a side story or another non Hei being the main character thing.

What thing are you talking about? :o

Your prediction sounds very plausible. The thing I was talking about was when I watched it (30 min ago) on animefreak.tv at the end of the credits and the next episode thing there was a crazy and kind of annoying promo then it said at the bottom of the screen 2010 along with some Japanese.
Dec 11, 2009 11:33 AM
Feb 2009
ahuman said:

Are you talking about the commercial that was left at the end? That was for Durarara, not Darker than Black... xD
Dec 11, 2009 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
One hell of an episode.

It has the feel that made me love the first season, with bittersweet memories and a difficult present...

Although the copy stuff caught me a bit off guard. I'll see what they manage for the last two eps.
Dec 11, 2009 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
Gah the true night sky is returning!?!?!?!!!!

Plus I have a feeling the Hei didn't kill Yokou and that he was set up like Mao was when he lost is body....

and so Yin shows up at the Gate, it seems like things are about to really heat up... I hope there is an extension to the season :-/
OmegaoverideDec 11, 2009 12:07 PM
Dec 11, 2009 12:30 PM

Dec 2008
Pretty good episode, best so far in my opinion.

I didn't expect Suou to be something like a copy but I like how the story is going.
And I guess it was pretty much an obvious fact that Hei didn't kill Yoko cause he got what he wanted. I don't think he'd be that cruel.

Looking forward to the next episode. Also hoping it keeps up like this in the remaining two episodes...
Dec 11, 2009 12:43 PM
Aug 2009
zefster said:
ahuman said:

Are you talking about the commercial that was left at the end? That was for Durarara, not Darker than Black... xD

Crap I feel stupid. :(
Dec 11, 2009 12:55 PM

Apr 2009
OMGWTF

that was the best episode of this season so far...

holy crap..
Dec 11, 2009 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
so thats what mao looked like back before he lost his human body; and shion's power is the power of duplication? kind of cruel to suou to find out shes basically a clone, plato's lie and all that
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 11, 2009 1:14 PM

Sep 2009
snowteddy said:
i seriously wonder how are they gonna end wif 12 ep...
i feel so frickin sad for suou!!!She died...omg...wtf...
How old is hei btw?<3suou!I wonder why nobody loves this pairing,sob,i think they are great together though
And who's izanagi?Suou or shion?(I must have forgotten some ep)

I think Hei is atleast in his 20's. Suou is 13.
Even so, I do like the HeixSuou >_> I think they may just put them together as a brother sister kind of love for... obvious reasons. Who knows. Izanagi is Shion.

Also, I felt bad for Misaki. Gets the crap kicked out of her by Hei, and still reaches for him. :[ I am interested to see how they will play this out, relationship wise, who will end up with Hei. If they do it at all.
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence...”
Dec 11, 2009 1:21 PM

Oct 2007
hei is such a pimp.
Dec 11, 2009 1:37 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:

Brock said:
This is NOT okay with Brock's rules. That's some goddamn bullshit and you know it.

Yoko's death was stupid and sad , she was the most kind person in the whole god damn show.
Anyway , for the lulz , look at her hand.
Dec 11, 2009 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
linx_sr said:
francismeunier said:

Brock said:
This is NOT okay with Brock's rules. That's some goddamn bullshit and you know it.

Yoko's death was stupid and sad , she was the most kind person in the whole god damn show.
Anyway , for the lulz , look at her hand.

And in my line of thinking, that's exactly why she was killed, because "she was the most kind person in the whole god damn show".
Can't have one of those in DtB now can we?
Oh well, and yeah, that hand.. Gee I dunno, hurts maybe?
Dec 11, 2009 1:55 PM

Nov 2009
Yuoko's death was awesome. It was about time DTB2 to feature such violence. I wanted to see some torturing but oh well (yeah, probably i'm sadist, so don't blame me for my wishes :D)... But definitely felt a little sad about her at first. Hazuki dropping her katana when she saw her was amazing.
Now i'm wondering who Izanagi really is - Shion or Suou. From this episode i began to think it is Suou, but of course i could be wrong. I think there's more in her character than Shion's.
I, like others here, don't know how they'll end everything in two episodes.

*hope for 3rd season*
Dec 11, 2009 1:59 PM

Jul 2009
What I could understand:

1) Hei did not kill Yoko. Her death was made to look like she was killed after being severely physically tortured, whereas Hei used drugs & psychological tactics instead.
2) Wasn't Yin either. Not her style or her type of targets.
3) Probably Oreille or Genma as they might be working for the "Syndicate" & trying to turn section 3's priority into stopping Hei.

4) Simple analogy: Izanami promised to kill a large number of people everyday while Izanagi challenged her that he shall give life to a larger number of people everyday. Yin's power seems to be to make contractors commit suicide while Shion's to create people. I guess I understand how they got their codenames.

5) It seems that as dolls get stronger, they can influence other dolls/surveillance specters
Dec 11, 2009 1:59 PM

Sep 2009
Finished watching.

Don't even know what to say. I really liked it but am dreading the end of the season because I don't know whether they'll announce a season 3. At least there'll be the OVAs to watch in the mean time.

Oh, also; Am looking forward to DRR, have been for a little while since I heard GG decided to sub it along with Dance in the Vampire Bund.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.