Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 18, 2015 8:19 AM
Dec 2014
Matriotix said:
Actually I disliked this episode a lot. I understand there may not be so much meat in the game for an anime, but geez man, AT LEAST TRY to stick with the main story-line!

As I already said, the storyline got changed in god eater resurrection (and this anime follows that I'd guess). The new dyaus pita is in the new game and plays an important role in the new story, or atleast that's what the god eater wiki says.
Aug 18, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2013
soluuloi said:
ElectricRed said:
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions...
Was the Main Protagonist personality similar to Lenka's in the Game?
Was the Main Protagonist super weak like Lenka?
Also, was there a part in the game similar to this episode?

In terms of Romance, this was not forced.. Instead, it was hinted Lenka and Alisa are going to get together since the early episodes (2 or 3)

Nope. The MC in the game is damn OP. One of the early tutorial missionl asks you to hunt some weak, small aragami. The damn varja jump in from out of nowhere and attack you. Usually, your only choice is spread out and concentrate on the mission while avoiding the varja...but I said no, the mission can goes to hell! I attacked and killed the varja after 30 minutes of dodging like a boss. After all, I am a Monster Hunter veteran.

MC and Alisa never became a couple or having strong hint. But Alisa did have some hints with...Kota, of all people. MC becomes friend with Alisa, just friend.

In God Eater Summer Wars Main Character and Alisa Become couple.

This Main Character in Manga Yuu Kannagi more cool tha Lenka Idont know why they Change decision Character In Anime Never Mind.

http://mangafox.me/manga/god_eater_the_summer_wars/
Aug 18, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2013
This was....... quite bloody.
I liked it showing just how bad humanity has it against those creatures, that even the so-called badasses are finding it hard to take on these monsters. Not sure I understand why Alissa went ape-shit on that black creature, but I'm guessing one of it's kind probably killed off her family or something.
Lenka was pretty slow in defending those civilians. Half of them were massacred before he even started reacting, which is weird considering his empathy from last week for these nomads.

And..... didn't that creature spear Lenka's guts? Shouldn't his intestines be unravelling and spilling out from his stomach when he was pulling Alissa to safety? His shirt was already completely covered in blood. How is it possible that he could even remain conscious?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 18, 2015 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
As good as any to drop the series after watching this episode. That was the last draw. Strings snapped after too much strain. And what better place to discuss.

'Kay, don't get me wrong. There's no question, the fights and music, effects were well thought of. It's one of the reason why I don't like ending this.

But like any normal human being who avoids quirks that annoy them, one of them, I found mine, glaring at me in this anime. In every scene, conversation, there would be a pause, then the "ah/uh/ih/(it comes in many versions), afterwards, a pause. But of course, it doesn't go with the same pattern. The settings and the person doing the ar/ut/uh change. And even with that, I actually considered continuing, only to be stopped when the main character, I realize, was the leader, the agitator, starter of this most annoying quirk. He owned this thing.

I understand that there should be more to it. There can be more to like. To cover that annoyance. In other series, no matter how irritated i get, i was interested, curious, and cared for some character . So I was patient, in this. Watching. Until this ep. And oddly, I realize clearly, there really isn't much in this story. It was plane. Direct. It usually is when 80% in it is directed to fighting. I know, through observation, that some can pull off an interesting scene even with a lot of action. I didn't see it here

P's. When the white haired one kicked the mc, among subtle but many indictations(many, I read in this site, posted), i felt a picture of undisciplined brats placed as part of a very strict military organisation, in a disperate fight for the humanity's survival. Unreal scenes, but with effort attempted to cover them with bloody, desperate situations, and, sure, with one memorable animation, and kick ass sound effects, music.
Aug 18, 2015 1:34 PM
Jun 2013
The blood spill level of this episode is through the Roof! But seriously, stabbed through the back and still be able to like run? Kinda jokes.
Aug 18, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
Da fuck happened, that was insane! Really looking forward to see what's going to happen from now on. I love Alisa.
Aug 18, 2015 4:13 PM
Apr 2011
Sakuya: "A Black Vajra! Dyaus Pita!"

Me: Vajras ARE black.
Aug 18, 2015 4:34 PM
Aug 2015
finally!
the anime is starting to get better, I mean, the first 3 episodes were a long prologue.
but then they started to reveal the personality of the characters.
that linka though, Is he immortal or what ? he get stabbed and even sliced and he still can walk, and I'm here if I hit my toe to the table I will spend an hour crying.
Aug 18, 2015 7:23 PM

Aug 2015
Honestly expected the black Vajra to speak and ask Lenka to give up his humanity for power. Then he'd (after hesitation) accept and become titan Eren level badass and save everyone by killing the other vajras and gaining a new power.

Well, glad that didn't happen and he actually got owned after yelling and having his face change. That was nice to see. Doubt either of them will die though.

And can't help but wonder what the requirements for joining the 1st squad were when Kota got in that hesitant to pull the trigger. Seems like he got fixed before he caused any deaths, lucky. Also Newtypes seem to have enhanced physical strength and can't die.
Aug 19, 2015 2:59 AM

Sep 2008
LegendOfLenis said:
Matriotix said:
Actually I disliked this episode a lot. I understand there may not be so much meat in the game for an anime, but geez man, AT LEAST TRY to stick with the main story-line!

As I already said, the storyline got changed in god eater resurrection (and this anime follows that I'd guess). The new dyaus pita is in the new game and plays an important role in the new story, or atleast that's what the god eater wiki says.

No Ufotable just changed some scenes to get Lenka and Alisa closer. And Resurrection is not changing game storyline, it's just a new addon that will take place after Burst and before second game.
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/god-eater-resurrection-japanese-release-date-set-debut-trailer

God Eater Resurrection is a remake of the PSP game God Eater Burst. It adds a number of new elements, including:
- A new “Predator Style” of combat, allowing players to devour enemies while in the air and while dashing.
- The Aragami “Dyaus Pita” has been given a makeover. He’s much more villainous than before.
- The same six sword blade categories from God Eater 2: Rage Burst are in the game (Short Blade, Long Blade, Burst Hammer, Buster Blade, Charge Spear, and Variant Size).
- Transformation attacks return. After a sword-shape attack, your weapon can convert to its gun shape.
- There is an after-story leading into God Eater 2.

As for Dyaus Pita it will just look more badass and will be even more annoying/harder to kill.
SacredusAug 19, 2015 3:24 AM
Aug 19, 2015 4:25 AM

Apr 2014
That episode seemed quite lewd for some reason...
Aug 19, 2015 7:44 AM

Sep 2014
wow its like out of nowhere they decided to dont screw this up and make a nice and interesting anime. good luck with that Im in.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 19, 2015 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
Wow for the 1st time this episode is intense and exciting too bad the production delays strikes again.

Based from the preview I think
MizunashiAug 19, 2015 11:27 AM
Aug 20, 2015 6:13 AM
Aug 2015
Didn't excepted too see a Dyaus Pita, that soon.
And yeah i think it's probably the burst mode (incomplete) Lenka is actually activating.
But no totally sure, it's could be burst mode or another thing i will not spoil, since people not everyone have played the game.
Aug 20, 2015 6:14 AM

Apr 2011
Goddamn, I'm not even a boobs-guy (in fact, I rate legs > ass > boobs), but damn does Alisa have some damn fine boobs. Fine ass and legs too, but her boobs are just perfect.

On other notes, gory as fuck. The story is all over the place and the characters are nothing to write home about either, but this is fun. And I wanna play the game so bad, but I don't have a Vita TT_TT.
Aug 20, 2015 6:22 AM
Aug 2015
Matriotix said:

Yeah true, i secretly hopped all the episode that
Aug 20, 2015 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
Wow best episode so far, it was intense. The Black Vajra seems to be one of the most powerful Aragami, even Sakuya was surprised. The action and the OSTs are amazing, especially "Human after all", great episode.
Aug 20, 2015 11:57 AM
Feb 2014
Dat kuro vajra rape face was too real.
But them Alisa underboobs were niceee
Aug 20, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
Very intense episode.
Aug 20, 2015 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
This anime = 50% edginess 50% tit/ass shots.
Aug 20, 2015 3:20 PM

Mar 2013
sure is bloody episode :O
Aug 20, 2015 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
HandsomeMan said:
This anime = 50% edginess 50% tit/ass shots.

SakurasouBusters said:
melina_putri said:
No new episode next week. They are going to air a special again instead.

Are you fucking serious?
AshuraSanAug 20, 2015 5:01 PM
Aug 21, 2015 3:26 AM

Oct 2010
Everyone got #REKT
Now what god mode trick will the god eaters use to defeat that thing?
Aug 21, 2015 4:56 AM

Apr 2012
Good episode, worth the wait. Black vajra is a pretty cool guy.

The song Human After All was a nice touch.
Aug 21, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2008
So much blood but action was decent at best, strange way to end the episode though.
Aug 21, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
danteinferno111 said:
KamiCity said:

You'll understand him more as the story goes along... well if they stick to the game story at least.

From Game i Play Soma Good Guy Why he Bother Save them if he let them Die He just Shy Guy He Cant Explain it His normal Emotional.

Why He Said you are amateur or Are you really Ready from any Fight He Challenge them Become Strong that not insult Will Soma had Dark pass to his Parent fault creat aragami first place and he being Blame to that caused by his parents He had Heavy Problems to solve by himself He just remember his Past seft being weak that Why he Told Them Become Strong or Die.

His Father Johannes von Schicksal and Mother Aisha Gauche Experiment they Child Soma be Be first God Eater Experiment Got Success If Experiment Got Fail Soma will Turn into Aragami Good Thing Successful.

Soma Mother die i will not tell that how she die i hope they show it in Anime.

Actually
i didn't understand nothing of what you said
Aug 21, 2015 10:28 PM

Jan 2014
There better be a new episode soon. Too intense. Best episode so far. Wonder why they still thought about fighting it. As soon as the bigger Vajra appeared, I was thinking about Jurassic Park 1 and how the T-Rex took out the raptors. The people ran to safety and left it alone in Jurassic Park. They should have done that. My girl Alisa even got reckless this episode. :( She's my favorite and it hurts seeing her get so badly injured.

The God Arc even broke. That's like crazy. This episode is crazy. I need a new episode. And it looks like the Aragami came from new cells called the "Oracle" and infected things?

Btw, that black Aragami seemed too smart. It looked like it knew how to mess with the God Eaters. It could have easily eaten/killed all of them when it had the chance, but it didn't. It's like the Black Vajra is messing with them.

Btw, can I have Alisa? She's all mine now please. Kthxbai
Aug 22, 2015 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
danteinferno111 said:

From Game i Play Soma Good Guy Why he Bother Save them if he let them Die He just Shy Guy He Cant Explain it His normal Emotional.

Why He Said you are amateur or Are you really Ready from any Fight He Challenge them Become Strong that not insult Will Soma had Dark pass to his Parent fault creat aragami first place and he being Blame to that caused by his parents He had Heavy Problems to solve by himself He just remember his Past seft being weak that Why he Told Them Become Strong or Die.

His Father Johannes von Schicksal and Mother Aisha Gauche Experiment they Child Soma be Be first God Eater Experiment Got Success If Experiment Got Fail Soma will Turn into Aragami Good Thing Successful.

Soma Mother die i will not tell that how she die i hope they show it in Anime.

Actually
i didn't understand nothing of what you said

Actually What i said was True those not play game not know answear.

I play god eater burst 1 and Finish it

i saw there little pattern story they follow game how aragami creat by scientist there Some part change story in Anime like Main character he over power in beginning game Story but in anime they make him so weak in beginning Story.

In Anime Main Character Lenka being Save by Eric Thanks to him he save But Eric the one get kill.

But in original story Game Eric got kill by himself not focus to his surrounding place.

They will Still follow original story but they will change other parts Story.

I not only one know This story others here play god eater game know answear to.

Xenocrisi idont know if you pretend you not know my answer or you just playing to me for no reason isaw make your comment so small order not see it but isaw it by using this quote <<< make see very small comment you put under>>> Actually<<< there small comment under down it.

if you dont get it what i said just ignore it or maybe you just want to play with me for no reason.

and i not saw you here comment about god eater you just always come to me for no reason like other anime forum i hope you not stalker.

some times you answear me right question if about same favorite anime we like. but this time you answear for no reason.
danteinferno111Aug 22, 2015 1:23 PM
Aug 23, 2015 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it is yet another special episode this week indeed. No new episode lol
Aug 23, 2015 6:48 AM
May 2015
How I wish I knew japanese to buy GE2RB and GER.....GE got me into the whole MH genre.

Also don't God Eaters have oracle cells to use the God Arc? Maybe he was using them to regenerate cause he should've been spilling his guts everywhere
Aug 23, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Bloody hell, I didn't expect such despair.

Aug 23, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
Lenka got the living shit beat out of him and the ending was such a CLIFF-Hanger (See what i did there?)

"You shall fall in love with someone who doesn't love you.
For not loving someone who did"

Aug 23, 2015 10:21 AM
Jun 2014
Episode 5.5 was very interesting and I highly recommend watching it when it gets subbed. This week they focused on the music. I purposely haven't gone into too much detail so I don't spoil it. The Director also talks a bit and it is better than the average special. Here are some things that I found interesting.

Shiina Go, the guy in charge of music there features prominently. He said that they try and use instruments with low sounds like the cello to illustrate how heavy the world is. Also how film scoring has been incorporated. He even gives an example of how he does it. How they use not just any orchestra but a "super orchestra" full of people who are in top orchestras in Tokyo specially for the show. GHOST ORCALE DRIVE, a band formed for GOD EATER. They also make their music by watching the animation as they make their songs. Then for the ED you hear again about how Shiina implemented his own ideas. He would ask before asking someone to sing how high and low they can go. He likes to push people to their limits and most people he works with don't really like it.
KakashizZzAug 23, 2015 10:36 AM
Aug 23, 2015 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
Welp, it is yet another special episode this week indeed. No new episode lol

well at least Venus Project ep 2 came out...Rejoice!
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 23, 2015 12:28 PM
Jul 2013
KamiCity said:
garydai said:
Soma is trying his best to be unlikable. What's with this guy?

You'll understand him more as the story goes along... well if they stick to the game story at least.

Does that mean if they don't we are helpless here ? lol.

Anyway they did a good job with trolling us about credits, I was thinking it was the end of it, lol. Also how the fuck Lenk is still alive ? He got stub really deep. I'm overally surprised he's still alive. Also he used some weird vain-like power, what was that, lol ?
Aug 23, 2015 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
Goddamn, I'm not even a boobs-guy (in fact, I rate legs &gt; ass &gt; boobs), but damn does Alisa have some damn fine boobs. Fine ass and legs too, but her boobs are just perfect.

This.

That blood pouring though.
Aug 23, 2015 8:25 PM

Oct 2010
garydai said:
Soma is trying his best to be unlikable. What's with this guy?

Blame his dick dad... In the games, he was more like the main character rather than the player itself.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Aug 24, 2015 3:57 AM

Mar 2012
Alisa just gets pushed = got knocked unconcious.
Lenka gets slashed and stabbed in the stomache = can scream and walk

What the fuck man.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 24, 2015 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
this episode was very intense. my favorite episode so far. But i think they at least have a shield, and i think i haven't seen any of it.
Aug 24, 2015 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
That was seriously brutal, I can't wait to see how they'll get out of this one.
Aug 24, 2015 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
Huh that was ... interesting. So they go after the Vajra but instead they find a massive "mutant" black one ... and well, they just get destroyed don't they? Different than what I expected, which was Lenka would "evolve" his powers through his shouting but that didn't happen! :P Though how the heck was he able to walk, much less support Alisa after getting stabbed in the back and slashed up like that ...? Ah, the miracles of being an anime protagonist eh ... well, Alisa and Lenka are "safe" after having fallen off the cliff, and I'm gonna bet they survive too :P
So looks like we're getting more backstory with the cells that were discovered evolving on their own and somehow getting out as well. I wonder how that happened ... I guess some of them must've gotten out of the research lab somehow then continued growing outside. Well I mean, we kind of know how that's all going to end but yeah, pretty scary stuff O_O
Aug 25, 2015 8:00 AM

Jan 2011
Some parts of this show I like, but other parts are so much BS.
30-50cm knife wound? Ah, yolo, just get up and carry another body.
Uguu
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 25, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2010
Should I expect Lenka to come back in a few episodes as a Vajra?
Aug 26, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
antonn said:
Should I expect Lenka to come back in a few episodes as a Vajra?

No, this ain't Attack on Naked Men.

Aug 26, 2015 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
danteinferno111 said:

Stop talking about thing that hasn't been revealed yet. Do you even know what spoiler is?

Aug 26, 2015 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
Nooooooooooooooo Lenka Dont die if He Some One Replace Him i gonna Cry for sure.
Aug 26, 2015 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY SHIT. The Black Vajra's smile is so creepy.
Aug 27, 2015 1:08 AM

Nov 2014
Oh, they definitely showed Dyaus Pita early.

Since episode 6 will be Alisa's backstory, I assume that God Eater episode 7 is when THAT happens.

I'm looking forward to episode 7 now.

btw, God Eater's have regenerative powers, won't explain more since it'll go into spoiler territory. That's how Lenka survived the thing.
AzureDaoraAug 27, 2015 1:12 AM

Aug 28, 2015 5:46 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is total despair.
3/5.

Aug 28, 2015 11:04 PM

Apr 2009
Definitely liking this show now
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.