Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2015 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fighting felt a bit meh this episode imo...

Lou's fighting skills impresses me though in her flashy way.
And of course, we get some more dark scenes going with the torture and bad memories. Sigh.

Welp, the robot pulled out a minigun. That last part with the reveal of Ibuki's sister is kinda interesting though.
Stark700Aug 13, 2015 9:35 AM
Aug 13, 2015 6:59 AM
Jun 2010
Stark700 said:
And of course, we get some more dark scenes going with the torture and bad memories. Sigh.
That wasn't torture.
Aug 13, 2015 7:58 AM

May 2014
Another 10/10 episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2012
More death, some Sweallow backstory, and an imouto reveal...keepin' it goin' I guess.
Aug 13, 2015 8:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Best episode so far....Great improvement from last week's episode imo

Swallow got the main focus in this episode and I must say that this episode delivered in just about every aspect of his characterization and development as well as to showcase his skill

His past was really tragic and I felt so bad for him after seeing all of the things that he had to go through....I had no idea that Meryl was a Mixed One either and I found that whole situation with her and how she got hurt to be very interesting and sad at the same time and I definitely ship them even more now

His contract with the Black Dragon was amusing and his motives are just which I like because it adds more depth to him but what I really loved is that kill shot move that he did....That was sick!! Heck the action scenes were a lot better in this episode too which I was really thankful for and they showcased emotions between the soldiers and the main cast pretty decently

Lou and Eiya were great as well and Izun didn't disappoint as a threat either so props to all three of them. I also loved the fact that Izuki's atempt to use his power failed miserably because I truly didn't want him to just end things so easily with his power so that was a plus for me

Overall, great episode 5/5 for me and damn that cliffhanger was a little surprising considering that it never occurred to me that this girl was his little sister but what blew my mind was the PV for next week.........How the hell is this girl even alive?!?!?!?!?!?
Aug 13, 2015 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
Guilty Crown, anyone? XD
Aug 13, 2015 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
^not rly, Inori means a prayer

okaaaay..
at least this episode is not that bad if compared with previous one..
still bad animu
Aug 13, 2015 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
Hahaha I can't handle this, the bad written story is just hilarious.
Aug 13, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
We finally got some more info on Sweallow, which is nice, but his character is still shallow as fuck. Also, good riddance to Hien, but how the hell did Lou not get killed? I'm calling bullshit on that (or plot convenience, which seems more likely).

I wonder what's going to happen now that it's been revealed that Ibuki has a sister.
Aug 13, 2015 10:19 AM

Dec 2013
Ibuki's character is just sad and poorly written. He's getting manipulated left and right by everyone, including his own foot soldier.

Swallow's back story is interesting to say the least. I wonder how it's even possible for him to wear any clothes if everything he uses as tools are suppose to break. Makes no sense, eh? Does that mean he can't even dress himself?

The imouto reveal at the end was pretty much the best part of the show, that and the arrogant foot-soldier dying without triggering the Red Dragon. I wish we could see the look on his face should he find out that his life was worth less than squat. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 13, 2015 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Sweallow's backstory was interesting and nice!
Aug 13, 2015 11:12 AM

May 2010
more meaningless deaths and bad writing.
Aug 13, 2015 11:30 AM
Aug 2013
We got some backstory for Sweallow, meaningless death of Hien and imouto plot twist, overall enjoyable episode. Anime is rather mediocre but its OST is top tier.
Aug 13, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
I thought Sweallow was going to die since they decided to show us his backstory in an attempt to get us to sympathize with him.

Lol at Hien sacrificing himself for no reason.

It's revealed that Ibuki has a sister, and was that the girl who died in the first episode at the end of the preview?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 13, 2015 11:49 AM

Mar 2015
That guys sacrifice was for naught.

Ibuki's sister? This will be interesting.
Aug 13, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2014
Inori best grill
Aug 13, 2015 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
Doomcat55 said:
Guilty Crown, anyone? XD

I know it doesn't relate because Inori is just a name, but I also thought of Guilty Crown.... ^^;

Sweallow's backstory was decent. I relatively enjoyed that. Besides that, this episode was okay. Pretty meh, I'd say.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 13, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
crappy as always..
people keep suiciding, new chick has appeared
Aug 13, 2015 2:10 PM

Sep 2013
I've heard of edge but this is ridiculous.
Atleast it isn't the super violent type of edge, 6.5/10
Aug 13, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2015
Sweallow's backstory was interesting, other than that meh.
Aug 13, 2015 2:52 PM

May 2015
Good thing about this episode was Swallow's backstory. The battle was lacking overall. Overall, alright episode.

Aug 13, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2007
I love how a new sister coming out of nowhere and nobody know a damn thing about her but Ibuki. Oh don't worry they are going to give us a flashback to explain why no one know about her. The writing skill in this show is amazing, I mean I would never guess Ibuki has a sister.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 13, 2015 4:06 PM
Dec 2012
Yes! I hope there's season 2.

Since Mashiro is alive, they are going to adapt Route 2 of the board game.

So spoilers,

As for Mashiro...I think it's pretty obvious who she is. Remember that scene in episode 1 where Mashiro's hair is not tied.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
TenshoDec 5, 2015 3:58 AM
Aug 13, 2015 4:11 PM

Feb 2008
True we got some Swallow flashbacking but I don't think I even cared about him, now I'm more curious about Ibuki sister and I doubt Ibuki want her sister to claim that fate of his.
I didn't expect Ibuki should have an relation at all but sudden we have an imouto coming.
She seen very happy to meet him in the previews.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 13, 2015 5:26 PM

Jun 2013
well that was sad
Aug 13, 2015 6:01 PM

Jun 2013
This was a fucking amazing episode and easily the best one so far :D
Aug 13, 2015 9:20 PM

Oct 2011
Swallow's backstory T___T

Swallow was AWESOME!!!!

Hien Ehhhh. I had a feeling it didn't work as he wasn't Ibuki's friend. Plus the color in his character didn't change in when it shows all the characters ( it was still green)
Only Aiha is Ibuki's friend.
AnimeFan500Aug 13, 2015 9:29 PM
Aug 13, 2015 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
Sweallow's backstory was stupid. "oh my family hated me because I broke shit". Ok, fun.

More interesting to learn that Meryl is a half breed. Why her family saved Sweallow's from bankruptcy? No idea.

Can he not use that Black Dragon power anymore? All they explained was that the power was meant for Red Dragon.

Hien dying was fucking hilarious. I was hoping he'd die since last week, and since he kept begging about being a sacrifice, I was hoping he'd get rejected by red dragon and die for nothing. Thank god. Bye Felicia.

Lou lost an arm in that fight saving her master...even though he's a magical demon sword and could probably deflect the hit. Interesting.

A couple weeks ago I said the only interesting characters now that Gakusho died were Lou and the girl who looked like Ibuki's twin....didn't actually expect them to be sibling, and for her to get screen time so soon.

Things ACTUALLY seem like they might get a bit more interesting next week. Since this sister Inori looks like she gets a good bit of screen time. Plus...the girl he killed is fucking alive!?!?!?!? What the shit is that!?!?!

Things will definitely get intense seeing as how Inori is being hailed as the true heir to Nil Kamui (which is already a bullshit claim since Ibuki is older, and the male of the family. In almost all royal hierarchies Inori's status would mean nothing) but we already know that Inori is leading D'natia and is a supporter of the Black Dragon. I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a brother/sister fight for the throne; red vs black dragon. Is Kouran even important anymore now? Seems like this is going to be heavy Nil Kamui vs D'natia.
Jonesy974Aug 13, 2015 9:33 PM
Aug 13, 2015 9:39 PM

Mar 2013
That spoiler of a next episode preview was some pretty gundam-ass shit.

At least they didn't straight up say who dies next week.
Aug 13, 2015 11:07 PM

Feb 2015
My said:
Chaos Dragon is based on the role-playing fiction project Red Dragon, a story which was created by five notable character designers: Gen Urobochi (Fate/Zero), Kinoko Nasu (Kara no Kyoukai), Iduki Kougyoku (Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou), Ryohgo Narita (Durarara!!), and Simadoriru (member of the Stripe Pattern doujin circle). The results of their tabletop role-playing game sessions over six days created material for a seven-volume light novel series.

How do so many great people team up to make something so terrible?
Aug 13, 2015 11:17 PM

Mar 2013
SilentAnswer said:
My said:
Chaos Dragon is based on the role-playing fiction project Red Dragon, a story which was created by five notable character designers: Gen Urobochi (Fate/Zero), Kinoko Nasu (Kara no Kyoukai), Iduki Kougyoku (Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou), Ryohgo Narita (Durarara!!), and Simadoriru (member of the Stripe Pattern doujin circle). The results of their tabletop role-playing game sessions over six days created material for a seven-volume light novel series.

Because it's basically a let's play, and let's face it, those are always garbage.
Aug 13, 2015 11:36 PM
Dec 2012
SilentAnswer said:
My said:

It's not that bad. You just don't like shounen anime. It's better than "Charlotte".

The light novels and role playing game are masterpieces.
Aug 14, 2015 12:14 AM

Feb 2015
ryuixyui said:
SilentAnswer said:

It's not that bad. You just don't like shounen anime. It's better than "Charlotte".

1. Sir, I've watched upwards of 1000 anime, almost half of them were shounen.
2. I said enjoyed I Charlotte, not that it was good.
3. I guess I'll have to check out the LN and RPG considering that judging the game and books on the anime isn't fair.
SilentAnswerAug 14, 2015 12:43 AM
Aug 14, 2015 12:51 AM

May 2014
Swallow was AWESOME!!!!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 14, 2015 1:22 AM
Dec 2014
ryuixyui said:
SilentAnswer said:

Charlotte isn't great, but it is far better than this anime.
The characters just rub me the wrong way, giving no shits, throwing away their own lives. I understand that Ibiki is some sort of Imperial person, but come on do you value your life that little?

Swallow is carrying the little hope that this anime has, probably the only good character. The crazy chick is entertaining to watch too.
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Aug 14, 2015 1:30 AM

Feb 2015
MeePer said:
My Top 5 Anime:
1. Fate/Zero
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Psycho Pass
4. Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler: Book of Circus
5. Death Parade

You have good taste.
Aug 14, 2015 2:39 AM

Feb 2014
Ibuki is not saying the intro this time. That's refreshing. Sick of his annoying voice. Ibuki is still as useless as ever.

And Hien died for nothing. YAY!

tetrix1993Aug 20, 2015 7:30 AM
Aug 14, 2015 8:15 AM

May 2014
Wow, wow :o
This episode was good, the music + those action scenes. I think this was the best episode up till now. The light lit on Sweallow's history, and all the other parts seeing them fight, using their powers, all of it really went well together. And I'm not even speaking of dat plot twist. Ibuki's younger sister appeared out of nowhere lol, and the chick he killed in episode 1 has come back from the dead. Wow.
4/5.
Aug 14, 2015 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
This was for sure the best episode so far..
Aug 14, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
The preview for next episode looks rather interesting, the girl he sacrificed in EP 1 is...there?
Aug 14, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2014
Ibuki has a sister? Bet you she'll die within the next few episodes.

Swallow's backstory was interesting. And that curse of his is simply maddening.

D- said:
That guys sacrifice was for naught.
Aug 14, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2010
Really, if everything what Swallow uses breaks then how he can use his clothes, lol?
Aug 14, 2015 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
Tekakurika said:
Really, if everything what Swallow uses breaks then how he can use his clothes, lol?
And if he can wear clothes, why not wear gloves?
Aug 14, 2015 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
The show is still pretty bad.
But its at least getting a little more interesting.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 14, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2015
I usually don't plan on posting on episodes I already missed, but god...the only highlight was some backstory on Sweallow and now they're sloppily executing some kind of MIA/supposedly dead sister archetype. Can't say I'm not interested on how it'll turn out from there.
SonneticaAug 14, 2015 8:43 PM
Aug 14, 2015 11:16 PM
Jun 2015
When I saw Sweallow's backstory at the beggining, I went "Oh, will this finally pick up?" and the fantastic episode only hyped me more. Unfortunately, I was left with another below average episode. Izun and Eiha were childhood friends? Then why can't we see any flashbacks? Eiha is a nice character setup. Why won't they do anything with her? She's portrayed like the main female but they only barely give her characterization and this was their perfect chance for some depth.

Pointless death. Instead of Gakousho get introduced and die, why not spend those episodes giving some backstory to this soldier and then have some more character relationships. Besides from Sweallow and his friend(Forgot her name)They don't dive into nice setups for relationships like Ibuki and Eiha are childhood friends. They only share 3 or 4 conversations at most so far! You know you're badly written when the best relationship is Lou and her talking sword.

And at the end, the sister twist is actually pretty okay. She seems interesting. Did her and Ibuki get seperated? How did they treat each other? Was she a bad imouto? So many interesting questions.
The only problem with this is that Inori's character design looks like Krul from Owari no Seraph. Oh come on, that show wasn't even original to begin with and you take a character design?! Well, there are differences between the two's look so I'll letit pass.
Aug 14, 2015 11:20 PM
Jun 2015
ryuixyui said:

Learn how to puts spoiler tags beforeposting spoilers next time. Good thing nobody cares for the twists in a show like this. So you've played the board game?
Aug 14, 2015 11:32 PM
Jun 2015
ryuixyui said:
SilentAnswer said:

*almost chokes* Okay, Charlotte isn't a masterpiece or anything, but so far it's a decent show. THIS isn't enjoyable in the slightest. I'm sure that let's play session they had was great,and I might read the light novels sometime, but at least in charlotte, it's starting to establish character development and the seventh episode isn't even out yet. Chaos dragon has it's first hint of depth in episode 6 for Sweallow and even with that, he still didn't end up well written by the end of the episode. This was supposed to be a "character arc" and he's still the same character by the end of the episode. Can he learn a moral? Nope. Is he gonna get more depth next epi- Nah. We have to introduce a new character. Charlotte is ona much better track then this show so far.
Aug 15, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2011
Sweallow is my fav so far.

» Escapism.

Aug 15, 2015 4:53 PM
Feb 2011
Lol at Hien, what a fucking retard. Glad he died for no reason.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

187 by OweynLupton »»
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

287 by Kowareta99 »»
May 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.