Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 25, 2015 7:59 PM

Nov 2014
This show reminds me of Madoka Magica in a sense, everything seems so cheery and upbeat at first glance but underneath it's pretty dark ;__; Enjoying it so far though!
Sep 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
There were several points in this show where I was supsicous about Megu-nee, I even paid special attention to whether the others were also talking to her. Since they were, I shrugged it off as me being paranoid. Guess I was right after all.
Oct 1, 2015 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant throughout the episode, the narrative puts all the pieces together and you find the truth about the whole story, who knows now what to expect in the future.
They are very curious.
Pleasant and well-made drawings, animations discrete.
Oct 4, 2015 12:59 PM

May 2012
It was expected but still poor Megu-Nee :/ such a great character, still great development and I do wonder what kind of challenges they'll face next!

Dat ED :'(
Oct 4, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2013
I was expecting her to die since episode 2 but she already died on the first day? I guess they did play it an way that they she was never there with the other students when the cap girl wasn't there or never naturally talked to her but i almost feel like they did at some points.

Kinda makes you want to watch the first half again after finishing the series.
Oct 13, 2015 2:22 PM

Sep 2014
Nooooooooooooo (depressed)
Megu-nee died as well. She was such a Good Character.
I was somehow holding my tears but that DAMN Ending left me with watery eyes.
Oct 14, 2015 11:22 PM

Apr 2010
Man, I was pretty shocked that she's dead :( She didn't deserve it. I thought that they all survived somehow...
Well...
That was sad.
Nov 4, 2015 2:54 PM
Feb 2015
So Megu-nee wasn't real ;_;

This anime is becomming sadder and sadder, but it's still so freaking awesome :)
Jan 2, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
I wonder what is going to happen to Yuki when she wake up of her delusion, everything becomes F ?
I'm learning english.
Jan 29, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2015
That's why everybody kept ignoring Megu-nee... Oh damn!
Feb 14, 2016 8:35 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I kinda was foreshadowing it, but getting the confirmation in your face like that, kinda makes impact in you. I have to say, this series keeps delivering, the pacing is perfect, and all the moe and vibrant stuff Yuki pulls of just make it more depressive for me, due to all being product of her dilusional self.
Damm and I kinda enjoyed Megumi sweet personality T_T
Apr 6, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
So as I thought, Megu-nee is just in Yuki's head. SO does that mean that in the episode where they go to the library and Yuki got lost, she was able to comfort herself? Her illusions and delusions really are next level.
Jun 13, 2016 7:02 AM

Feb 2013
There were plenty of hints in previous episodes but that reveal was still pretty sad because I kinda got attached to Megu-nee T_T

I was still hoping that she was still alive but the nail in the coffin was that bottle lying on the floor scene which was foreshadowed by a "plop" sound when Yuki "gave" a bottle to Megu-nee.

I really thought Yuki was about to snap when Miki asked her haha. I really like how her mood quickly changed and the increasingly distorting music was just perfect lol.

And the ending...was depressing af especially where she faded out in that sketch and also where Yuki was just talking to herself in the preview.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 9, 2016 11:40 PM

Dec 2012
SENPAI!

Holy shit at Yuki's face when Mii was about to hit her with the imagine breaker.

Taroumaru was like "Bitch, I returned the favor after you fed me by saving you. We're not friends anymore."

DAT SHOWER SCENE!

Can't say I'm surprised that, but it's still sad. RIP Megu.

DAT ENDING THO! Reminded me of a certain Square Enix game.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 19, 2016 6:48 PM

Jul 2015
Omg, I should've known about Megu-nee... they kept ignoring her throughout the last six episodes. I think you could also see her grave in the first episode. And there was never any bed for her to sleep in. What little heart I had left is broken.

The thing that gets me the most is when you see Yuki sitting by herself in the bloody classroom... asdfghjkl;
DimethylanimeJul 19, 2016 7:30 PM
Jul 22, 2016 7:48 PM

Oct 2012
I saw it coming
but the ending still tore my heart apart </3

Aug 16, 2016 7:28 PM

Jun 2016
That was a pretty big revelation revealed this episode! 0_0
Sep 22, 2016 12:50 PM
Sep 2015
This anime reminds me of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.
Just look at the plot: Megu-nee died and Yuki pretends she's alive.
That's the same thing that Mirai did when her brother died. TOO similar..
Dec 5, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2016
MEGU NEE!!!!!!!!
I'm crying like rivers now T.T

Now i understand why they keep yuki like that. She basically give the group a purpose to stay alive.
Dec 21, 2016 4:44 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, Megu-nee was already dead. TT___TT

I was NOT expecting that at all. Pretty sad about it too. :(

Still, as annoying as Yuki can be, she does spur others into action and if it weren't for her then Miki and Taroumarou wouldn't have been saved.
臭い-
Dec 31, 2016 7:40 PM
Jun 2016
Plot twist ... they're all dead except for Yuki and she is just talking alone and we are seing old memories. That's what I think at least for the worst plot twist.
Mar 2, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2015
Oh, shit. The teacher's been dead the entire time? That's...that's really clever. They took the moe trope of "the ignored one" and turned it into "she's actually dead lol."
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 7, 2017 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
ok so that's how she was reunited with the group..... what is the deal with sensei though.... She is clearly not alive
Apr 20, 2017 4:15 AM

Oct 2015
That was a sad episode :( I can't imagine how to live without a person like Yuki, she definitely brighten the atmosphere for me. Megunieeee:(
May 23, 2017 7:29 PM

Sep 2016
Megu-Nee noooooooo
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 25, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2016
This episode made it bit more obvious than the previous ones considering how often Megu-nee got ignorode by Miki. So that the revelation wasn't that exiting in the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2017 6:43 AM
Jul 2016
Wew so sad episode :'(
Megu-neee
Jun 29, 2017 9:39 AM
Jun 2017
Dam I really liked Megu-nee after her story episode :(.
Aug 28, 2017 6:51 AM
Jan 2012
Okay, so they finally dropped the Megumi mystery. It was already obvious she was dead, although as it seems, some didn't realize it until now.

It seems like Miki and Kei were lovers or at least they had feelings for each other. I don't think Kei is even alive at this point, anymore, so RIP.

Also, more lame fanservice.

So far I would give this show a 9/10, because it is really interesting, but the fanservice really sours it, so the most I will give it a 7/10, maybe a 6/10.
Oct 7, 2017 11:52 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
Wow, I'm just in the middle of watching this episode... and I just had to post here that I néver saw that coming... even with all the foreshadowing. I never would've guessed THAT. -insert sad eyes-

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Feb 1, 2018 7:17 AM

Nov 2013
so she did end up sacrificing herself...
I wonder If Yuki will stay delusional forever. That's extremely sad...
Feb 18, 2018 9:57 PM
Jun 2013
man the official reveal of yuki being really in denial about megumi so much so she didint hear the radio bust and stop playing music is kind of heart breaking. Also great job on the teams part of the credits showing us all the scenes megumi were in but not really even the preview for the next episode. man was that sad. I can only imagine what was going through miki mind during the start of the episode. Again I get the whole we need some escape and its thanks to yuki it can happen, but you gatta realize it does have some big negatives and maybe aint the best idea.
souledge94Feb 18, 2018 10:01 PM
Mar 30, 2018 3:05 AM

Jan 2018
So I'm 3 years late to the party but all I could think was- did this anime seriously just Bruce Willis me? Enjoying it, looking forward to reading the manga after I finish the series
Apr 21, 2018 11:09 PM
May 2014
Megu neeee p_q
I thought she was part of the delusion but the curry scene tricked me into thinking that she really just doesn't have a presence. A fool am I.
Aug 9, 2018 9:48 AM

Sep 2017
Well duh, Megu is dead. Old news. The episode was okayy. And There was some hint of LesYay in there. Let's see if this improves. And well, School live club yeah.

The episodes are getting less drama and survival and more slice of life. Sould I have gone for Walking dead instead??

The fact that yuki is a child makes the club obey her every command. Maybe that's why they are alive.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 4, 2018 9:02 PM
Sep 2018
KNEW IT WAS COMING BUT IT STILL ATE MY HEART
Oct 24, 2018 5:37 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was so sad...I guess I wasn’t paying enough attention because I really had no idea she was dead ;-;
Nov 6, 2018 2:21 PM
Jun 2016
I heart fucking sank at the reveal...

Jesus....
Feb 28, 2019 5:33 AM

Feb 2018
Well it was so obvious that megu-nee was dead but it was still sad even after the reveal. that ending tho..

And rii was about to whack miki when on roof
Mar 6, 2019 8:21 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, su Megu-nee is actually long dead... good backstory.
Apr 21, 2019 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
This anime is depressing...
May 5, 2019 11:50 PM

Oct 2014
holy shit. I rewatched from episode 1 of all the scenes Megu-nee is appearing and it makes sense, she is

I missed her already.
Dec 30, 2019 7:53 PM
Jun 2017
Megu-nee is dead? Nobody saw that coming!!!!
Seriously though, it was kinda obvious since episode 2; at least this way is not painful since i had already assumed it D:
Jan 1, 2020 5:06 PM

Nov 2017
Man this is kinda annoying, I want the characters to be more real. Miki gave in too fast she shouldn’t play along

plz @ me
Jan 4, 2020 1:37 AM

Aug 2012
024 said:
Miki gave in too fast she shouldn’t play along

Real doesn't mean bitchy and not able to adapt. In order to survive they should stay together and understand each other. They saved her life after all.
Jan 5, 2020 6:02 PM

Nov 2017
A-Joy said:
024 said:
Miki gave in too fast she shouldn’t play along

Real doesn't mean bitchy and not able to adapt. In order to survive they should stay together and understand each other. They saved her life after all.

Well yeah after finishing episode 12 I kinda see how it all was, but I felt sooner or later she had to face reality anyway

plz @ me
Feb 4, 2020 3:13 AM

Nov 2011
This is too sad, Megumi was a good teacher..
I didn't really expect it honestly, the reason is because all girls was playing around with this delusion of Yuki, I really thought her low presence was only for comedic purpose..
Thinking it back yes there were a ton of clues about it, but because of the reason above I didn't think that she had been dead ...

024 said:
A-Joy said:

Well yeah after finishing episode 12 I kinda see how it all was, but I felt sooner or later she had to face reality anyway

It will be a different story if Yuki realized the truth will change things, but no, they don't have intention (yet) to fight their way out of school or try something else, all they hope so far is help from outside. The benefit of letting Yuki has her own way simply exceed the loss of it.
Although to be honest if this thing happen in real life, I doubt that myself will really adapt this kind of thinking.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 4, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2020
I totally revived each episode thread all by myself... I am Yuki guys.
On a more serious note, this episode was pretty good ! I really liked how it gave answers to a lot of my questions raised before, like why the girls followed Yuki's idea to go outside.
Speaking of Yuki, she's starting to grow on me. I still have issues with how childlike she is and I would have still preferred her if she was a bit more mature, but even the show jokes about how she doesn't act her age. She is pretty undearing actually, and it's nice to see that her delusion also can be helpful when it comes to cheering up the other girls.
But I feel so bad for her... Also, I've seen people calling her insane, but I don't think that's it. It's a coping mechanism, not insanity.
This episode also confirmed that Megumi died and exists solely in Yuki's head... That explains a lot of things. I expected it, but the reveal was well done. The way Miki didn't pay at all attention to Megu and seemed confused anytime Yuki talked to, or even mentionned her, and then the way the music gradually got distorted before fully stopping, and the shot on Yuki's eye, and finally, seeing Yuki talk to a non-existent person after Miki asked her who Megumi was... That was pretty shocking.
And it's very sad to think about what happened to poor Megumi. So the tomb really was hers...
It's sweet to see the efforts the other girls make to protect Yuki from the reality, to the point of acting as if Megumi was still there.
I think I've figured out why they seem fine with letting Yuki alone with "Megumi". What Yuki sees as Megu is actually her own survival instinct, that prevents her from putting herself in danger, while at the same time having a source of comfort.
The girls know that when Yuki believes Megumi is around, she'll be fine.
I should rewatch Miki's escape scene from last episode, I don't recall if Megu was there or not. If she wasn't, that would explain a lot.
I also feel bad for Miki, her entire backstory explains a lot why she doesn't seem comfortable around the others. I hope she'll never have to find out whatever happened to Kei, though it'll probably happen anyway.
And it's sad that Tarômaru hates her. He is scared, of course, but she didn't mean to... I also hope he'll be able to trust her at times.
FafetteApr 4, 2020 9:46 AM
May 8, 2020 4:17 PM

Mar 2010
Ah yeah someone who is oblivious to the situation does make things look less bleak.
Gloom and doom all around but living with what you have is best, rather than worrying about how brittle life is. Yuki is mentally ill but at this point its better than going insane lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 22, 2020 4:24 AM
Aug 2018
Megu nee , imouto is trash she don't deserve to be alive
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.