Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2015 3:14 PM

Jun 2013
wait her name is Pina Co Lada?!! what the lol
Jul 31, 2015 3:14 PM

May 2015
Fuck, it had to end right there. Here I wanted to see the Self Defense Force and the others blasting them fools away like it's nothing. Another week wait is killing, lol. I'm really enjoying this show. One of the best this season so far in my opinion.

Jul 31, 2015 3:33 PM
May 2014
Mallony said:
>Taking command from a random princess you just met instead of following your superior's orders
Totally legit

Well, he's the superior at the location, so if he delegates it to the princess.. Yes, legit.

His superior is by, or through the gate. Neither are close to his location.
konatachan80Jul 31, 2015 3:37 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jul 31, 2015 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
Very good episode. Tuka Luna throwing water into Itami's face made me laugh.
Rory is so cuuuute! Although she can be deadly hahaha.

Aridus said:
I'm so mad because of that cliffhanger!
I've got a feeling that next episode is going to be amazing.

If that happens then this anime will be my favourite of all time.

Mod Edit: Spoiler from quote removed.
rodacJul 31, 2015 11:15 PM

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jul 31, 2015 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, i hate and love weekly cliffhangers at the same time. This show is starting to get pretty interesting. Can't wait for next week to see what happens.

Farabeuf said:
The princess' name reminds me too much of that cheezy 70's song by Jimmy Buffet "If You like Pina Colada"

It's a common misconception that Jimmy Buffett sang that song. But he sang Margueritaville. Rupert Holmes is the guy you're thinking of.
curzon17Jul 31, 2015 3:58 PM
Jul 31, 2015 3:52 PM

May 2013
Paulo27 said:
I also can't see how much help guns are going to be when it's 12 vs 500 but hey, they'll probably turn things around anyway.

Are you serious? 12 automatic rifles vs. 500 swords? I would only be worried about killing allied forces (the villagers) caught in the crossfire.

Old_Raven said:
Dammit why the East gate?! I wanted to watch Rory annihilate with that axe again!!!

It makes sense, they realized the men in green (already famous) were in the south gate and to boot they had no lights turned on at night, that looks like a trap (and it was, they would have been butchered in no time had they approached that gate).

p.s. It is not Pina, it is Piña, big difference.
mangamuscleJul 31, 2015 4:14 PM
Jul 31, 2015 4:16 PM

Mar 2014
mangamuscle said:
Paulo27 said:
I also can't see how much help guns are going to be when it's 12 vs 500 but hey, they'll probably turn things around anyway.

Are you serious? 12 automatic rifles vs. 500 swords? I would only be worried about killing allied forces (the villagers) caught in the crossfire.

Old_Raven said:
Dammit why the East gate?! I wanted to watch Rory annihilate with that axe again!!!

It makes sense, they realized the men in green (already famous) were in the south gate and to boot they had no lights turned on at night, that looks like a trap (and it was, they would have been butchered in no time had they approached that gate).

Yes, because they are all going to stand in a line and wait to get shot, come on, that's like 1 to 40.
Jul 31, 2015 4:26 PM

Nov 2014
I'm fighting against the spell checker, Pina Co Lada turns in Piña Colada.
Jul 31, 2015 4:26 PM
May 2014
Old_Raven said:

Oh, she'll get her turn..in more ways than one, kind of.

I wonder how they're going to animate and voice that, or if they do at all.
konatachan80Jul 31, 2015 4:47 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jul 31, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2014
Damn cliffhanger, I want to see them destory the bandits! >:)
Hi there
Jul 31, 2015 4:37 PM
Jul 2014
Paulo27 said:

Yes, because they are all going to stand in a line and wait to get shot, come on, that's like 1 to 40.

They're assaulting a fortified position without siege weapons(only ladders). The SDF have night-vision. The only danger in this situation is losing soldiers to stray arrows. There's almost 0 chance someone could climb the wall on a ladder without getting owned by an assault rifle(depending on how long the span of the wall is and how many ladders, ofc). If the SDF have grenades, even better.
Jul 31, 2015 4:51 PM

Mar 2010
Really nice episode here. I liked the part where it was implied that Tuka was interested in the medic. I have to hope that this is true.

And I didn't think that the bandits would have it so easy to get into the fort and open the gates. Now we can really see that Piña Co Lada is really inexperienced in real life battle scenarios. Also the cliffhanger was rightout evil, so now I can't wait any more until next week for the slaughter of the bandits.
Jul 31, 2015 5:06 PM
Nov 2010
I will laugh my ass off if they use the music that they should use in the next ep
Jul 31, 2015 5:13 PM
Sep 2014
I can't believe the princess' name is actually Piña Co Lada.
That's fucking hilarious.

Jul 31, 2015 5:17 PM

Mar 2014
isvak said:
Very good episode. Tuka Luna throwing water into Itami's face made me laugh.
Rory is so cuuuute! Although she can be deadly hahaha.

Aridus said:
I'm so mad because of that cliffhanger!
I've got a feeling that next episode is going to be amazing.

If that happens then this anime will be my favourite of all time.

Lol well if you REALLY want to know (obvious spoilers):

Anyways, great episode! We got Pina's backstory and saw the beginning of the battle at the east gate. They did censor some parts but it's understandable since the gore in the manga is a bit much. Looking forward to the seeing the battle animated next week!
rodacJul 31, 2015 11:17 PM
Jul 31, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
How cant you love this show.
Pina Colada princess.
Crazy but cool goth loli angel of death.
SDF with modern weapons to play around. (Huge iron cock XD)

Awesome.
Since itami is an otaku I still wait for him to play enter enter mission while some tanks driving around XD
rodacJul 31, 2015 11:18 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 31, 2015 5:39 PM

Feb 2010
The battles were horrendous, but given the nature of this anime there wouldn't be any practicality. Looks like the bandit flung crap in the first attack, at least the bandits came with shields the second time they charged at a wall; maybe next time they'll wear armor that actually works like what armor were meant for.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2015 5:46 PM
May 2014
MelbShaw said:
The battles were horrendous, but given the nature of this anime there wouldn't be any practicality. Looks like the bandit flung crap in the first attack, at least the bandits came with shields the second time they charged at a wall; maybe next time they'll wear armor that actually works like what armor were meant for.

Just about any weapon from this age would go through just about anything they have and can use.
Anything strong enough to resist would be too inconvinient to actually use (as in, it would
reduce movement etc to the point where they're better off without).
In other words, they'd be sitting ducks if they did..aka they would've provided their own coffin.
konatachan80Jul 31, 2015 5:50 PM
-- Lord fifth
Jul 31, 2015 5:59 PM

Mar 2015
So Tuka is into yuri huh? Good to know....

What's with that weird name for a princess? LOL

Best girl Rory keep being the best girl! That preview seems like we'll get more Rory fighting scenes next week, can't wait!

Suicide mission? More like a one sided massacre from Itami and friends.

Jul 31, 2015 6:06 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Really nice episode. I can't wait for more.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 31, 2015 6:28 PM
Feb 2015
Nice build up and cliffhanger for the battle. Should be lots of action next episode?!? Itami and Rory are getting close :3 she is such a tease
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 31, 2015 6:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I like Pino and all but her decisions have been pretty stupid in this episode =/

Oh well, I hope that she'll come around next week and ask for help especially since best girl Rory wants to go on a rampage xD
Jul 31, 2015 6:38 PM
Jul 2014
Tokoya said:
I like Pino and all but her decisions have been pretty stupid in this episode =/

Oh well, I hope that she'll come around next week and ask for help especially since best girl Rory wants to go on a rampage xD

Yea... her plan really didn't make any sense to me at all. She has the assistance of the people who fought off a red dragon and massacred the entire continent's allied army, and she uses them as a decoy... what?

If she had used some villagers as a decoy and had them on the second wall annihilating everyone(you know, the reverse of her plan) it would make sense maybe.
Jul 31, 2015 6:43 PM
May 2014
GSupernova said:
Tokoya said:

Yea... her plan really didn't make any sense to me at all. She has the assistance of the people who fought off a red dragon and massacred the entire continent's allied army, and she uses them as a decoy... what?

If she had used some villagers as a decoy and had them on the second wall annihilating everyone(you know, the reverse of her plan) it would make sense maybe.

True, but she has an excuse for that.
She's only heard rumours about the men in green so far, not actually seen them in action.
-- Lord fifth
Jul 31, 2015 6:46 PM
Oct 2012
Paulo27 said:

Actually that was the way humanity fought up until 1916, mass won battles (Greek Phalanx, Roman Legion, Spanish Terco), so you lined up and charged the enemy.

This is why so many battles in the Civil War (Fredricksburg, Gettysburg, and Cold Harbor) and WWI (Verdun, Somme, and Ypres) were massacres: the generals had a hard time understanding that technology changed the rules and still believed that elan won battles.

curzon17 said:
It's a common misconception that Jimmy Buffett sang that song. But he sang Margueritaville. Rupert Holmes is the guy you're thinking of.

Very true, however Buffett did cover the song and now it is more popular than the original (found this out when I couldn't remember who wrote the song, I made sure to post the original!).

On the spoiler that people are talking about, I am curious if they will do it:
Jul 31, 2015 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
so is thing people been constantly hinting at gonna happen next week? driving me nuts lol.

still good episode love how Rory was all ready to murder some fools
Jul 31, 2015 6:54 PM
Oct 2012
GSupernova said:
Tokoya said:

Pino is inexperienced. She had never had command in battle. She assumed that the enemy would attack the south gate because it had been destroyed, so she positioned her strongest assets (the men in green) there, but the enemy anticipated that she would do that and went after a weaker gate. "Decoy" was the wrong word, "bait" would have been better.

As for her understanding the "men in green"'s strength. She doesn't. She heard a rumor or two, but she really cannot understand or really believe what this meant. Which to be fair, is exactly what she should have thought. It is a reality several magnitude different than anything she has yet experienced.
Jul 31, 2015 7:18 PM

Dec 2011
amc9988Jul 31, 2015 9:25 PM
Jul 31, 2015 7:20 PM
Oct 2012
Hey AMC9988 spoil that, it will happen next episode when it is supposed to happen.
Jul 31, 2015 7:42 PM
Nov 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Hey AMC9988 spoil that, it will happen next episode when it is supposed to happen.

the preview for next week spoiled it lol
Jul 31, 2015 8:04 PM

Jun 2013
What a great episode!!!
Jul 31, 2015 8:04 PM

Jun 2014
OH MAN THIS EPISODE HAD ME SO PUMPED.
THEN IT JUST ENDED.
UGHHH CLIFF HANGERS

oh man i can't wait till next week to see shit go down. With an episode title like that... oooooh man im pumped.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 31, 2015 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
Another Amazing episode, The Princess got some backstory which I like. Now I have the impossible task of waiting another week to end that cliffhanger. FML

Jul 31, 2015 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
Smudy said:
Itami x Rory!

Really starting to like Itami, he's a chill dude who does know what's going on around him.

Yeah, I like Rory too, she has a nice charm.
And how are you starting to like him, you should have liked him from episode 1 lol.
Otaku + martial arts + soldier is great. He also has a pro personality. Plays games on his phone too.

I can't wait for next episode!
Jul 31, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2008

Besides his explanation as to why he doesn't care being assigned to her unit, I think that secretly, he's a lolicon. Look at that grin! :p

In all seriousness, next episode should be awesome. I expect a gunship type of rescue scene when the helis come and save the day at the climax of the battle :p
Jul 31, 2015 11:16 PM

Nov 2007
So Itami wanted to protect the civilians by ignoring the order of his superior and now he is just standing there on the other side of the massacre because of an incompetent princess who ordered him and his men to be stationed there? The irony of following the chain of command.

I will stop making sense here. Because Itami allowed civilians to get killed. That's how I saw the episode. All the good things they built up to make us think highly of Itami over the last 4 episodes has been tarnished by this episode.

[Gurahamu Supekutaa'su Rabu ando Piisu made more sense than this.]
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 31, 2015 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
Genix said:

Besides his explanation as to why he doesn't care being assigned to her unit, I think that secretly, he's a lolicon. Look at that grin! :p

In all seriousness, next episode should be awesome. I expect a gunship type of rescue scene when the helis come and save the day at the climax of the battle :p

IN the manga, the Rose order of nights also had males in it, but then practically all of them ended up joining the military by 16 years.
Jul 31, 2015 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
So Itami wanted to protect the civilians by ignoring the order of his superior and now he is just standing there on the other side of the massacre because of an incompetent princess who ordered him and his men to be stationed there? The irony of following the chain of command.

I will stop making sense here. Because Itami allowed civilians to get killed. That's how I saw the episode. All the good things they built up to make us think highly of Itami over the last 4 episodes has been tarnished by this episode.

[Gurahamu Supekutaa'su Rabu ando Piisu made more sense than this.]

Don't think he actually knows how bad it is over there tbh. For his point of view he just knows that there is an attack over there, rather than over here.

Also you con't just disregard orders of your commander unless you can give a valid excuse that doesn't make you look like a total idiot in the eyes of everyone.

Also know that although we may know that this is the princesses first battle, Itami doesn't and neither does he want to start something unless he actually has some excuse to do so.
removed-userJul 31, 2015 11:38 PM
Jul 31, 2015 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
While the bandits have looked impressive thus far, remember that they've been dealing with hastily conscripted citizens (the experienced soldiers were led off to slaughter attacking the JSDF base), so they've had an easy time. Attacking Itami's recon squad? Think Culloden or Rorke's Drift as historical examples, except the bandits first exposure to automatic weapon fire backed up with some rocket grenades would probably send them running. Of course Itami may well have something else up his sleeve, which is why he's been so cool at the South Gate. Actually since the bandits are the remnants of the attacks on the JSDF base, it's quite likely they'd turn tail if they even saw the green uniforms (not that they got close enough to see them much in the battles).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 1, 2015 1:01 AM
Jul 2015
IsGalis said:
I can't believe the princess' name is actually Piña Co Lada.
That's fucking hilarious.

The names of Empire's royalties and nobles are alcoholic beverage themed.
[spoiler]
EG:

Malt sol Augustus,
Zorzal el Caesar (southern american wine),
Suisez (absinthe suisez),
Diabo el Caesar (beer),
Pina co Lada,
Boozes,
Panache,
Shandygaff Marea
Aug 1, 2015 1:30 AM

Jun 2015
Welp. Looks like the Princess is in a tough spot. Hopefully she swallows her pride and summons the reinforcements.
Rory best girl! Hopefully she quenches her thirst for blood!

Aug 1, 2015 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
So in the end they decided to make the battle of Italica a PG-13 family event. Just great....

I get that she didn't trust Itami's group that much, and wasn't sure how much of the Fire Dragon rumors were true, but given that it's her maiden battle and the city's utter lacked resources, Pina should have conferred with Grey (an obvious veteran) on personnel arrangements, instead of just placing Itami's team all on one gate and expecting the bandits to attack said gate. It was pretty arrogant of her to expect the bandits to attack the gate that she wanted them to attack, when she wanted them to. She was caught completely unprepared for the night ambush on the OTHER gate.

Next episode is going to indicate just how PG this show will be, though I'm already disappointed with the matter that they taunted the townspeople to react. They should've just left in scene of dragging the naked corpse of the dead woman (wife of the guy who first reacted) and cutting her head off, to give the bandits a more evil vibe. The entire scene had such poor presentation, they could have been dragging and tossing their own deserted soldiers at the townspeople for all I cared. I didn't see any marked atrocities being committed to incite those townspeople to attack the bandits at all. Standing around grinning evilly shouldn't have led to those townspeople rising up in defiance.

Still looking forward to the Ride of the Valkyries. It should be better than the battle of Arnus Hill at least.
L-RyoshiAug 1, 2015 1:46 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 1, 2015 1:50 AM

Feb 2012
So, what's up with Tuka? She swings that way? Well, it doesn't matter. I still like her either way. Hahaha.

Oh Rory!! Why are you so deadly, but oh so effin cute!!! I LOVE IT! I can't wait for next week's action packed episode!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 1, 2015 1:59 AM

Dec 2007
[quote=Paulo27]
mangamuscle said:
Paulo27 said:

2 words: ammo limit. A soldier typically only carries about 150 rounds for his assault rifle in the field. Even in an optimal situation, it will take at least 10-12 rounds per enemy felled. It's better when the guns and possible additional ammo in the vehicles is added, but they'll still more than likely run out after taking out 25-50% of the enemy. If the enemy keeps coming after that, they will be in trouble. The real power of automatic weapons in this case is the psychological effect.
Aug 1, 2015 2:02 AM
Jan 2014
Can't wait for next week
Aug 1, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2013
Aversa said:
As expected it's not as brutal as in the manga tho that's understandable, this was the one scene i expected to be changed for sure seeing what happened in the manga here.

Damn. I've heard this series was pretty graphic but I didn't expect to be that intense. Also Pina's talk about war and rape was pretty dark but realistic too. I've heard rape is pretty common in this series. Does it get more intense than this and have they censored any other scenes previous to this episode? I'm really curious.
Aug 1, 2015 2:25 AM

Feb 2012
konatachan80 said:
Mallony said:
>Taking command from a random princess you just met instead of following your superior's orders
Totally legit

Well, he's the superior at the location, so if he delegates it to the princess.. Yes, legit.

His superior's location doesn't matter. They are in a different world, he's going by his own act on protecting the villagers which is no part of his official duty. He's not obligated to take command from the princess since he just happened to stop by their little fortress, he has his own superiors.

Military is about obeying your superiors and being a puppet to them. Itami is somewhat high ranking, but he still has orders to follow.
Aug 1, 2015 2:27 AM

Dec 2007
ihusmal1234 said:
Aversa said:
As expected it's not as brutal as in the manga tho that's understandable, this was the one scene i expected to be changed for sure seeing what happened in the manga here.

Damn. I've heard this series was pretty graphic but I didn't expect to be that intense. Also Pina's talk about war and rape was pretty dark but realistic too. I've heard rape is pretty common in this series. Does it get more intense than this and have they censored any other scenes previous to this episode? I'm really curious.
They've "censored" the initial invasion, which while brief, had some nasty imagery. They also downplayed Rory's introduction a bit, they'll censor a bit of next episode, two other major, and several minor parts and scenes at the rate things are going. There are two more battles, and a number of sex-related stuff revolving around a certain character.
Aug 1, 2015 3:29 AM

Jul 2013
Mallony said:
konatachan80 said:

His superior's location doesn't matter. They are in a different world, he's going by his own act on protecting the villagers which is no part of his official duty. He's not obligated to take command from the princess since he just happened to stop by their little fortress, he has his own superiors.

Military is about obeying your superiors and being a puppet to them. Itami is somewhat high ranking, but he still has orders to follow.

His order is somewhat like "meet ppls of imperium and left a good impresion... or right impresion". Maybe because he is one of highest rank beyond gate, he is allowed to do so. And still, protecting civilians is (theoretically) the most important job for JSDF. Oh, and officers "in field" offten can ignore superiors orders, if they are sure, that orders are wrong. Howevere, it's risky as hell.
Aug 1, 2015 3:53 AM

Oct 2010
Wanna see how itami and co. will beat up those scrubs next week :o
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.