Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2015 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I have mixed thoughts on this volume tbh.

While the drama can be cringe worthy between Asai and Aoi, it is also important to establish both characters' roles in this story/volume. Glad to see they made up in the end with the family affairs though. And Asai cries for the very first time in a long time...

Also, how cute..
The volume managed to squeeze in a tiny bit of Honoka/Asagi moments in the epilogue!
Mar 31, 2016 10:45 PM
Oct 2013
Glad to have seen the icy-cold Asai turn dere-dere. A splendid volume indeed!
May 25, 2019 5:04 AM
Aug 2014
The drama between Asai and Aoi was unfortunate. I can understand Aoi's point of view because being finding out you have been looked down upon your entire life is heartbreaking.

Asai's character really developed. The reasons made sense and I really felt like her reasoning behind her cold stature made sense. Her obstinancy of not wanting to accept Koremitsu stemmed from her desire to understand Hikaru the most. Seeing Koremitsu lift aspects she never knew about hurt her. My complaint would be the caligraphy duel. It felt a bit too farfetched and predictable. Other than that, it was great!

The epilouge was a nice read - I am glad that Honoka is established as the main love interest because her affection towards Koremitsu was not instated due to Hikaru's affiliation with her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 10 Discussion

bunny1ov3r - Jan 8, 2016

14 by animejas »»
Feb 23, 2021 6:17 AM

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2015

2 by animejas »»
Feb 22, 2021 8:56 AM

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

4 by animejas »»
Feb 21, 2021 7:02 AM

» Is This Anohana???

Jack_Bridges - Mar 7, 2019

2 by Syureria »»
Nov 25, 2020 4:25 PM

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

2 by GiantQAACSleier »»
May 26, 2019 7:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.