Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2008 4:04 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
finally, satoshi makes an appearance.
and not just in a flashback. XD
oh yeah,
i actually felt sorry for Satoko back there. :(
Apr 16, 2008 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
Hmm, I'm missing Keiichi lately. LOL!

But wait, I'm kinda confused here. So this timeplane is currently on before 1983 or year 58 right? Since there are only 3 consecutive deaths so far, but why does Rena said that Satoshi has a sin now for running away from the village that makes him have a tainted soul? But isn't that after the death of his aunt, that he would ran away from the village and will disappear?

Or maybe, I'm just mistaken. Since Satoshi has a part time job, he is earning TO ran away from the village with Satoko. Rena said that to Shion as a cause of the Shrine God's curse; in short: Satoshi is already cursed by the Shrine God because he is PLANNING to ran away from the village, w/c the Shrine God doesn't like.

Really really, but well. I like Ayu's work on this episode. So they got the DVD version now. It's so lovely. ^_^
Jun 5, 2008 5:17 PM

Sep 2007
Satoshi appears! And it was kind of shocking to see Shion flip like that.

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jun 8, 2008 8:12 PM

Oct 2007
Another wish? if this whole story is based on those 'wishes' I'll really rate down this anime, it is being too good to end with a reason like that...

babykeiji said:
but why does Rena said that Satoshi has a sin now for running away from the village that makes him have a tainted soul? But isn't that after the death of his aunt, that he would ran away from the village and will disappear?

Satoshi 'wished' for his fathers death.. remember that the father wasn't really their father. [in 1980]

So by this logic .. wishes of death = tainted soul

Now Shion wishes the aunts and satoshi's death [and it does happen] [in 1982]

.. as Rena said she had 'experience', I would guess she wished too. .. So if that's true, ppl after wishing other ppls death have to kill ppl for the next ppl who wish death to someone. If this is it, this is the sin, this is the CURSE, this is why ppl who wished anyone's death get possessed by Oyashiro.

hmm .. maybe I'm thinking too much..
Jul 9, 2008 1:30 PM

May 2008
Now that's what I call a death wish.
Shion poses as Mion,haha,now I'm getting reallyyy confused...
Poor Satoko,she faced the wrath of the Sonozaki clan (and the floor and the books Shion threw at her)
Jul 13, 2008 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
That last chapter was SHORT....

Poor Satoko... I feel really sorry for her... Shion was being mean... but she did kind of have a reason... not a good one but still -_-"

And YAY!! Creepy Rena-ness.... and just by this ep you can tell who the scary killer person is gonna be =3

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
Satoshi in da house lol

hmmm so thats why Shion and Mion are apart and not in the same school, they are kind of separated because they arent supposed to have twins in the family

man i feel sorry for a lot of people in this arc, satoshi, satoko and shion
Jul 23, 2008 10:59 AM

Jul 2008
strangle before first bath o0 thats a f*cked up thing glad they didnt do it !!

rofl shion face was funny in the aprt with those motocycles it make me cry from laughing =') satoshi to the rescue :O question is that a gun that shion / mion is wearing :O or is it a hairdryer xD Throw satoko with one hand damn shes strong o0 poor satoko!!!! up to the next ep...

GRTZ lsumi o(^^)o
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Aug 20, 2008 8:36 PM

May 2008
I don't trust that nurse.D:

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 22, 2008 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
Shion's first hit on Satoko caught me completely off guard. It was crazy to see Shion flip like that!

Higurashi: Retroactively asserting why scary and cute sound so similar in Japanese.
Sep 24, 2008 3:27 AM

Aug 2008
how can keiichi die twice
Sep 30, 2008 1:25 PM

Nov 2007
The key part of this episode for me was the clip at the beginning of the arc with Mion (or Shion) dragging Shion (or Mion?) into the dungeon, cos by the doorway is the Yakuza granny who appeared in the last arc...

Looks like the second Prequel arc that explains what happens with Satoshi...(which admittedly i thought had already been explained...)

So far I dont see the similarities with him and Keiichi...

Also, interesting what Rena has to say, that Satoshi talks to her because she has experience.. that she followed by the Shrine God because she'd left the town, her sin was leaving the town, but she's come back so he's left her be (I guess) and gone to Satoshi, whos PLANNING to leave, which is also a sin.

Interesting how Rika and Satoko appear to always be the victims...
Oct 1, 2008 6:30 AM

Sep 2007
ikuto said:
how can keiichi die twice

'Cause he's James Bond.
Oct 2, 2008 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
Finally we get to see Satoshi. Took long enough. Looks like another arc without Keiichi. I'm so use to watching him freak out, it's strange.

Gotta admit, I see where Shion's coming from in getting angry at Satoko. She's acting like such a baby. She's really been getting on my nerves. The guy in the third arc was saying how she wouldn't take the probation officer's help because it meant defeat, but yet most people consider crying all the time to be a big failure. Hopes she dies in this one.
Oct 31, 2008 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
mitsukuni07 said:

finally, satoshi makes an appearance.
and not just in a flashback. XD

They're finally starting to explain the background more clrearly now ^^
babykeiji said:
Hmm, I'm missing Keiichi lately. LOL!

So am I! I wanna see his panicked face one more time :P
StabbyPWNS said:
And YAY!! Creepy Rena-ness.... and just by this ep you can tell who the scary killer person is gonna be =3

Rena, yay! LOL She hasn't appeared very often lately... :3
Nov 5, 2008 5:37 PM

Apr 2008
Heart_of_Storm said:
The key part of this episode for me was the clip at the beginning of the arc with Mion (or Shion) dragging Shion (or Mion?) into the dungeon, cos by the doorway is the Yakuza granny who appeared in the last arc...

I agree that was very creepy and key to the story.
Dec 11, 2008 1:28 AM

Jul 2008
Whenever force is exerted on another in this series they always get tossed. Good to see some background on Shion.
Mar 8, 2009 8:09 PM

May 2008
Nice to finally see Satoshi make an apperance. Felt bad for Satoko when Shion went crazy on her.

Hopefully Keiichi will show up again sometime soon.
Mar 24, 2009 8:45 AM

Jan 2008
Satoshi! Finally. Also, Shion proved herself to be a real bitch this time.
Mar 27, 2009 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
Holy shit. That took me completely by surprise when Shion just slammed Satoko against the locker. She's a total jealous bitch this time.
Jun 13, 2009 2:20 AM
Apr 2009
I'm trying to teach Satoko to grow a spine, so I'm going to hit her with this chair right here.
Jul 3, 2009 6:28 AM
Oct 2008
Am I the only one who actually was annoyed by Satoko's behavior? x3
Jul 8, 2009 10:45 AM

Mar 2009
Bladecatcher said:
I'm trying to teach Satoko to grow a spine, so I'm going to hit her with this chair right here.

I don't think any one will learn to grow a spine after getting hit by a chair. Most likely the chair will break her spine :p

Oh Satoshi's voice was kinda lame
Jul 8, 2009 11:05 AM

May 2009
Satishi seems like a nice guy by now, and nothing like Keiichi.
Man i missed Mion, she hasn't appeared too much lately, and i'm wondering, when are the answers coming?
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 11, 2009 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
I skipped the part with the violence against Satoko ; (
I dont need such stuff

The characters of this show really got thrust in their arms, when they hit someone XD

Satoshi was less cooler than I thought he was
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2009 7:50 PM

Dec 2007
I wanted to see more action, but i guess shion beating up satoko is good enough. What's with the bikers? Their motorcycles wouldn't tip over if they didn't line them up. Shion would have shot them if Satoshi didn't show up.
Aug 12, 2009 9:46 PM

Aug 2007
Jesus Christ, Shion.
Violence is the best teacher? derp.

It's kinda hard telling the difference between Shion and Mion, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
Sep 12, 2009 2:58 PM

Jul 2009
Bladecatcher said:
Ye love her logic, especially since the chances are greater that you will actually break their spine instead, but then again that would mean the one hit would actually have two. Well two halves anyway :P

But yeah I was greatly annoyed by Shions behaviou, she knew the guy for what seems to be a week and the first time she sees Satoko she gets jealous and tries to kill her.

Finally get to see some Satoshi, perhaps it will even be revealed how he actually disappeared.
Sep 30, 2009 11:44 AM

Sep 2008
Wtf is wrong with Shion? She starts beating a kid even though she knows nothing about her situation. I already hate her.
Oct 5, 2009 9:09 AM

Sep 2009
Hey, I like you, so let me beat you loved ones with furniture. Do you like me too?
Nov 13, 2009 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
StabbyPWNS said:

yay, Rena

Shion needs to get a life
in the third arc Keichii was told that the reason Satoko was mistreated by her aunt and uncle.Thats why Satoshi's time is consumed by Satako.
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Jan 1, 2010 8:02 PM

Jul 2008
Shion did what should happen to every moe character. Satoko is just so useless. She is so fucking...ARGH!
Jan 29, 2010 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
eww, i disliked Satoko after that episode, ;xxxx she made me angry with her cry when her obento fell down.

duotrouble said:

true, but i'm still like wtf at first we saw the hate between ShionxMion later they were like friends.
Feb 27, 2010 1:04 AM

Mar 2009
woah..nice ep..

i really felt sorry for Satoko...

why did Shion have to do that??
Mar 7, 2010 10:00 PM

Jan 2010
Rokeby said:
Am I the only one who actually was annoyed by Satoko's behavior? x3

You, me, and Shion all agree.

Shion was godly in this ep, we got some background AND she beat the hell outta that useless whining brat Satoko.
Mar 19, 2010 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
Shion gone wild. Rika stepping in. Rena <3

The bit at the start of the arccc. *shudder*

Lovin' this show~
Mar 30, 2010 3:15 PM

Jan 2010
One of the things I enjoy in this series is that the characters seems to have different personalities in each arc.
Apr 7, 2010 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
where's the damn main character xD
i know that they show the background story,but still :-)

Mion's lost it...poor satoko :(

and we finally get to see satoshi,i'm reliefed that he isn't a pervert as some said here :-)

the story seems to make sense,but i guess i'll just have to keep watching...
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 15, 2010 2:04 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, Shion. Satoko may be crying a lot, but she's alittle kid with two dead parents and and abusive guardians. I'd want my brother to protect me, too. You didn't have to beat poor Satoko up :(
Anywaysss... I LOVE Satoshi. He is reallyy cute. And I think the reason Keichii is now involved with everyone is because he is replacing Satoshi.

I wonder what's going to happen, because Shion wished for Satoko to die, yet she still lives...
Apr 21, 2010 4:17 PM
Apr 2008
belial said:
Another wish? if this whole story is based on those 'wishes' I'll really rate down this anime, it is being too good to end with a reason like that...

babykeiji said:
but why does Rena said that Satoshi has a sin now for running away from the village that makes him have a tainted soul? But isn't that after the death of his aunt, that he would ran away from the village and will disappear?

Satoshi 'wished' for his fathers death.. remember that the father wasn't really their father. [in 1980]

.. as Rena said she had 'experience', I would guess she wished too. .. So if that's true, ppl after wishing other ppls death have to kill ppl for the next ppl who wish death to someone. If this is it, this is the sin, this is the CURSE, this is why ppl who wished anyone's death get possessed by Oyashiro.

Sums it up for me.
Apr 22, 2010 7:49 PM

Feb 2010
nicoliolipoli said:

I wonder what's going to happen, because Shion wished for Satoko to die, yet she still lives...

Probably Satoshi somehow stepped in for his sister.

But I'm glad the Satoshi part is finally shown :)
And if I had to guess I would bet that the time when rena was (nearly?) cursed will be the next arc or at least somehow shown.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 22, 2010 7:08 PM
Oct 2009
belial said:

babykeiji said:

Holy crap, that's an excellent theory! I wouldn't mind at all if it would turn out to be that way.
Jun 12, 2010 10:57 PM

Jun 2009
I still want to know why she carries a handgun around.
Jul 2, 2010 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
Shin and Mion don't hate eachother ? WTF ?
The pathetic bikers are back !
Satoshi X Shion ? No wonder he ran away ...
I gotta admit i would have smacked Satoko in the wall too considering how loud she was screaming for something like that ...
Jul 7, 2010 8:35 AM

Mar 2010
The bullying scene was really harsh..But i think Satoko is such a crybaby..Perhaps she needed a few slaps!

This arc looks good..Perhaps it will answer some of my questions..
Jul 14, 2010 8:23 PM

Aug 2009
Satoshi makes his debut!
What Shion did to Satoko.. was for the sake of err.. love?
Also makes me wonder if any of the Mion appearances in the other arcs were actually Mion...
Aug 23, 2010 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
Satoshi finally makes an appearence!

& Damn, Shion just flipped out.
Oct 16, 2010 9:06 AM

Nov 2009
OMG SATOSHI!!! YAY!!! and poor Mion!!! having a twin must cause alot of trouble!!! i cant even imagine what responses Mion will get now. . .Shion and Mion were so cute though when they were laughing on the phone together =D i laughed so hard 2 when Shion was getting groceries haha it was nice for Satoshi to stick up 4 Shion!!! and i cant believe what she did 2 Sataco!!! that was REALLY messed up!!! *i would have probably lost it with Sataco 2 if she cried everyday like that XP* anyway nice epi i loved seeing Satoshi!!! X3
Nov 2, 2010 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
Shion's bitchiness caught me off guard
hope this arc clears up the twin confusion in arc 2

also, it's nice that Satoshi makes an appearance, but his voice feels somewhat peculiar. It's a bit... kid-like?
*checks VA - o that would be why
coolwolfNov 2, 2010 2:34 PM

Nov 3, 2010 4:04 PM

Aug 2010
First half of the episode I was really enjoying, it was cute. Second half however...HOLY SHIT!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.