Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2015 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not too sure if I like the OP theme song for this season. I think there might be some foreshadowing in it as well although it is quite catchy..

Kokone seems like a timid girl that's introduced helping out an old lady though.

I guess they didn't waste time to develop parts of the 'Logos World'. The part with the chaotic text or whatever seemed kinda interesting but I think the series will have to take more time to explain that. Definitely interested in the rest of this season. That Akira guy also has a lot of potential. The action imo feels alright so far.

AQUARIONNNNNNNNN
Jul 2, 2015 8:34 AM

Apr 2014
NotZessica a best. Unfortunately I know she's already going to lose to the fluffy girl.
Besides her, this seemed pretty bad. MC gives me flashbacks of the Aldnoah Zero's Inaho. Hopefully emotionless mecha pilots don't become a new trend.
Jul 2, 2015 8:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Can I watch this without having to have seen any of the previous series?
Jul 2, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2009
Tokoya said:
Can I watch this without having to have seen any of the previous series?
Probably...
I couldn't understand all the kanji and some of the worlds since I'm not fluent in Japanese so I'm not sure how far to tell you they don't matter.

On another note... Now that:
a) Apollonius x Celiane have had their reunion (1st season)
b) Pollon x Celiane have had their reunion (2nd season)
c) Apollo x Sliva have had their reunion (2nd season)
... and with their reunions a light touch of romance ...
The only coupling that's really lacking is Apollonius x Touma...
That said; I hope this season gives Touma some of the happiness he didn't get in the other seasons.
Jul 2, 2015 8:07 PM

Nov 2014
the op is bad IMO, other than that i guess i have to rewatch this, my japanese is so so, but i get just of some of the things...
Jul 2, 2015 8:37 PM

May 2009
MaxXZoe said:
the op is bad IMO, other than that i guess i have to rewatch this, my japanese is so so, but i get just of some of the things...

Song is weak but animation is great - wacky and hillarious
Jul 3, 2015 12:10 AM

Nov 2014
bastek66 said:
MaxXZoe said:

yes the song is weak... compared to Evol's OP song it's meh
Jul 3, 2015 5:10 AM

May 2009
MaxXZoe said:
bastek66 said:

yes the song is weak... compared to Evol's OP song it's meh

No, compared to Akino's it's shit.
Jul 3, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
Feels like a completely basic robot anime where they find the amazing pilot on the first episode and how we get an exploding first episode...

Honestly super tired of this kind of animes. Can't see myself bear through the whole series.

Jul 3, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2009
skyUFO said:
Feels like a completely basic robot anime where they find the amazing pilot on the first episode and how we get an exploding first episode...

Honestly super tired of this kind of animes. Can't see myself bear through the whole series.
The Aquarion series always uses this to get the story going... would you rather we wait till half way in the series for someone special to come and then ignore a group of 3-4 who were the main characters up until that point..?

EDIT:
At least this time it's someone who has "come to save this world" and is determined to be a hero... rather than some lucky guy who happens to be the reincarnation of...
kyled00mJul 3, 2015 12:17 PM
Jul 3, 2015 10:54 PM

May 2010
i watched the second season but after watching the Sousei no Aquarion Evol i realized i cant possibly force myself to go through another season with the absolute ugliest 3DCGI mechs ever created(along with zegapain and some others).

feels like its gonna be the same shit allover again anyway.
Jul 3, 2015 11:52 PM

May 2012
What are your thoughts on the first episode? Do it look as bad as Sousei no Aquarion? Sousei no Aquarion was a anime so full of bullshit and as the anime progressed it felt more and more stupid. At least the OP was great =]

I passed MILES away from Aquarion Evolution just because the first series was bad, but...this one...this one is the ONLY mecha anime this season.
I'm considering pick it up, but i'm not really sure if i really should that to myself.
I despise woke people.
Jul 3, 2015 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
Kerozinn said:
i watched the second season but after watching the Sousei no Aquarion Evol i realized i cant possibly force myself to go through another season with the absolute ugliest 3DCGI mechs ever created(along with zegapain and some others).

come on zegapein was pretty underrated imo
Jul 4, 2015 12:42 AM

May 2010
GarudaAiacos said:
Kerozinn said:

come on zegapein was pretty underrated imo

i think it is rated fine as it is around 7.5/10

but man the mechs are hideous! :D
Jul 5, 2015 11:31 AM

Feb 2012
Has this really not been subbed yet? I can't find it anywhere :(
Jul 5, 2015 12:23 PM

Feb 2013
I did like sousei no aquarion and that's what dragged me along the Evol.
I'm pretty sure I will drop this one tho...
still, let's wait and see at least the next couple of episodes

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Jul 5, 2015 4:53 PM

Jul 2009
I loved sousei no aquarion.
I liked aquarion EVOL's zessica, because I saw touma in her and thought a female touma was very hot.
... I like the new girl who looks like zessica (who might be touma again? *yay*) ...

I sad might be touma again? because I felt like zessica was the reincarnation of the good half of touma. Even the touma who hated all humans (the evil part; which is mikage) wouldn't posses a vessel of a lowly human without a suitable reason, right? "The reincarnation of my good half" would definitely merit a suitable vessel for the human hating touma.

Please be reincarnated touma!
kyled00mJul 5, 2015 4:57 PM
Jul 6, 2015 2:38 AM

Sep 2008
I want to cut off the main characters hair. God, i hate it so much.
Jul 6, 2015 5:47 AM

Sep 2011
Gonna dropped it.

Animation was nice but OP was bad.
Jul 6, 2015 3:51 PM
May 2015
@Kaetokiha: EVOL was MILES better than the original.

@kyle: But Touma was sealed inside Apollonius......

Also, Apollo=/=Apollonius, it was always Pollon (which is why Apollo was animal-like in the first place) not to mention the numerous hints beside that.

I like Mikono equally as Zessica but that Touma!Zessica was BA....

Can't comment on episode since not subbed yet

PS. Fafner had uglier mech than Aquarion (except Soshi's mech, forgot name)
Jul 6, 2015 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
First drop of the season...Yay
Jul 6, 2015 7:04 PM

May 2013
What the hell was i watching?

Where's akino OP? Where's epic battle ost? Where's the generic MUGEN PUNCH cry?
Where is Fudou Gen/Zen?

I don't like the Character design either and protagonist seems dumb with all this "i'm a savior" BS.

Nevertheless I'm hoping it will get better. AQUARIOOOOOON
Jul 6, 2015 7:10 PM
Jun 2010
plot seem interesting hopefully more vectors will gatiai together by mid-season but seriously the quietest first gatai ever
tahu176Jul 6, 2015 7:18 PM
Jul 6, 2015 7:13 PM

Jun 2015
It was so nostalgic.

Aquarion was one the first anime's i watched. so when i heard there was going to be a third season i was happy as fuck.

It was an overall good episode.

GO AQUARION!!
Read Toriko!
Jul 6, 2015 7:41 PM
Jul 2015
I liked it,while I’m not fluent in Japanese I can still understand what going on.I really miss AKINO :,(
Jul 6, 2015 7:43 PM
Jul 2015
what pisses me of the most is that there are supposed to be 3 vector in a union not 2 >:(
Jul 6, 2015 8:46 PM
May 2015
Thoughts are in disarray.....

OP is too poppy? for my tastes, not to mention it's not Akino and ED sucks.
Art Style is weird, looks good on some characters and not in others. Interesting enemies, I didn't expect human enemies as well. I was surprised at the forced fusion with Maiya. The Mugen Fist was actually the Super version and it's supposed to be a different name I believe, and we'll see where the Savior schtick goes.

PS. I find Maiya a better LI especially since she's on the enemy's side.....be kinda stupid to win her over then leave her in the dust (not to mention I don't like Konone's stuttering which while typically cute, doesn't work for her....) though this is still ep 1 and things may change....
Jul 6, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
SovereignSky said:

Also, Apollo=/=Apollonius, it was always Pollon (which is why Apollo was animal-like in the first place) not to mention the numerous hints beside that.
I was lazy so I put a spoiler tag around my entire reply. Read at your own risk of spoilers.
kyled00mJul 6, 2015 9:46 PM
Jul 6, 2015 11:17 PM
Dec 2011
Excellent. This is the blend of camp and nonsense that I want from this franchise. The music is the only real disappointment.
Jul 6, 2015 11:31 PM

Oct 2011
Power of words OMG
Jul 7, 2015 1:54 AM

Jan 2009
i like it for now, i feel like it's missing something. maybe i wanted it to be set in the same universe as the prequels, i don't think they're reincarnations of apollo and silvia anymore.
but it was nice, the mc is kinda funny and i like both girls
Jul 7, 2015 3:45 AM
May 2015
WTF is this?
Jul 7, 2015 5:15 AM

May 2011
I usually like serious driven character types but Akira got got on my nerves. His insistence on being the savior to the point of getting in the way of people trying to do the same just made me wish he would he would fail horribly.
Jul 7, 2015 5:17 AM

Jun 2008
Not surprised to see people dropping this because of the OP/ED songs are not by AKINO/Bless4.

fiore777 said:
I usually like serious driven character types but Akira got got on my nerves. His insistence on being the savior to the point of getting in the way of people trying to do the same just made me wish he would he would fail horribly.

People complain when the MC is the Chosen one like Apollo, people complain when the MC is a lucky wuss like Amata...There's no pleasing these people.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 7, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2011
kaimax said:
People complain when the MC is the Chosen one like Apollo, people complain when the MC is a lucky wuss like Amata...There's no pleasing these people.

Oh the shock of people having different tastes. :P But yeah, you can't really make things to please everyone out there and part of the fun is talking about what does and doesn't appeal. For me, as I said, I usually like the serious characters, but there's so many ways to go with that. It is entirely possible to be driven without completely disregarding other people.
Jul 7, 2015 6:28 AM
Dec 2011
fiore777 said:

That's his whole appeal! It's meant to be ridiculous and funny.
Jul 7, 2015 6:50 AM
Jan 2014
Just finished watching episode 1. It's alright, I guess lol
I'm a huge Aquarion Fan, but I'm a little disappointed in this episode. The animation is great! But I do prefer Evol's animation, Logo's is just too much colour??? I think? (if that makes sense?). The Opening song for Logos though....meh.
I felt that the pacing was rushed, and they tried to explain the whole world to the viewers in a short space of time. Causing the episode to feel crammed. We don't need everything explained instantly, we can A work it out ourselves or B explain little by little to make the it feel less "Sardines in a can" like.
On the good side, it does have potential to be really good! Akira as a character seems interesting, as does the plot, but the puffy head girl (I'm bad with names lol) she's really going to have to do something to make me like her as a character. As her personality feels very wishy washy and I'm going to end up wanting to kill her off lol xD
It feels like it's missing something though, as if it's missing that spark that makes Aquarion, Aquarion. Also I wonder why only 2 people were needed to make Aquarion and not 3... Like Fudo said in the first season 3 arrows in a triangle is stronger than a straight arrow (or words to that effect lol, not seen Aquaion in ages! And I have bad memory). But anyway, I wonder how that will develop. Interesting..
This is just my own opinion though :)

Sousei Gattai, Go AQUARION!
Elisa965Jul 7, 2015 6:57 AM
Jul 7, 2015 7:33 AM

Sep 2013
well i love it already
Jul 7, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2013
Elisa965 said:

It feels like it's missing something though, as if it's missing that spark that makes Aquarion, Aquarion.

I tell you it's missing the Fudo character in the first Episode and the Battle OST.
Such a shame akino/bless4 is not part of the soundtracks :(
Jul 7, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2012
Elisa965 said:
It feels like it's missing something though, as if it's missing that spark that makes Aquarion, Aquarion.
I agree completely, this season feels completely removed from the other two, even the animation feels off somehow compared to them.

Elisa965 said:
Also I wonder why only 2 people were needed to make Aquarion and not 3
Wondering the same thing, maybe the system was broken somewhere and the world forgot about it similar to how the first system was twisted into gender exclusivity in Evol. When Fudo comes back in to run Deava again, he'll probably remind them that 3 vectors is how it's supposed to work.

Yuno and Shin better make a reappearance!
Jul 7, 2015 8:58 AM
Jan 2014
FateHero said:
Elisa965 said:
I agree completely, this season feels completely removed from the other two, even the animation feels off somehow compared to them.

Exactly! The animation just isn't right. I can't quite place my hand on it though, I thought originally it was too vivid, but that's not quite right either. Its been really bugging me lol

Elisa965 said:
Also I wonder why only 2 people were needed to make Aquarion and not 3
Wondering the same thing, maybe the system was broken somewhere and the world forgot about it similar to how the first system was twisted into gender exclusivity in Evol. When Fudo comes back in to run Deava again, he'll probably remind them that 3 vectors is how it's supposed to work.

Yes! Fudo needs to make a reappearance and possibly. But then Yuno and Shin both have the book of genesis, so It makes me wonder how they'll get brought into it exactly. I can't see that one Ova being the last we see of them
Jul 7, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2012
Elisa965 said:
FateHero said:

Exactly! The animation just isn't right. I can't quite place my hand on it though, I thought originally it was too vivid, but that's not quite right either. Its been really bugging me lol
I feel like it's almost too... modern. I'm still not sure that's the right word for what I think the issue is, but it's the closest I can think of. I get that the series is trying to make it feel like time has past since it most definitely has, but this Aquarion's world doesn't feel like it's as 'in tune' with the supernatural.

Elisa965 said:
FateHero said:

Yes! Fudo needs to make a reappearance and possibly. But then Yuno and Shin both have the book of genesis, so It makes me wonder how they'll get brought into it exactly. I can't see that one Ova being the last we see of them
It would lame if it were too, the Book of Genesis has to be the key to fixing this 'word' issue right?
FateHeroJul 7, 2015 9:12 AM
Jul 7, 2015 9:48 AM
May 2015
kyled00m said:
SovereignSky said:

I was lazy so I put a spoiler tag around my entire reply. Read at your own risk of spoilers.

I don't know why you think EVOL butchered Aquarion but I don't agree, I found it way better ESPECIALLY in the romance department (Apollo and Silvia's romance felt unattached)....

On Logos: I believe this is an entirely different continuity
Jul 7, 2015 10:15 AM

Jul 2009
SovereignSky said:
... above post ...
You completely disregarded my points. I am through with discussing with you since you clearly don't pay attention to the anime or other people.

Have a good day.
Jul 7, 2015 10:20 AM
Jan 2014
FateHero said:
Elisa965 said:

I feel like it's almost too... modern. I'm still not sure that's the right word for what I think the issue is, but it's the closest I can think of. I get that the series is trying to make it feel like time has past since it most definitely has, but this Aquarion's world doesn't feel like it's as 'in tune' with the supernatural.

Yeah I understand what you mean, it's almost as if they've tried too hard to make it different that the series has fallen out of sync (if you understand my meaning). It just doesn't really have that "Aquarion" feel to it at the moment. I think it's the art style, they've changed the animation and character style. But never the less, the animation is still amazing :)

Elisa965 said:

It would lame if it were too, the Book of Genesis has to be the key to fixing this 'word' issue right?

Yeah, but I wonder if the "word" issue (the bad guy) is somehow connected to Mikage/Touma?? I know he was locked away inside Fudo (suspected Apollonius). But I believe that was only a piece of Toumas soul. So I wonder if another part of Touma is involved. (As he was suppost to have *spoiler* died with Apollo, so did his soul become fractured/shattered)...Also where did Aquarion exactly originate from? When Apollonius lost his wings, did they become the machine Angel aka Aquarion (would explain why it's called a machine angel in the book of genesis). Anyway I'm getting off topic, I honestly can't see Yuno and Shin not getting involved as they would have the so called key/solution to the problem. And in the Ova It was clearly shown that Shin was remembering his past self (Jin). And Fudo made a few seconds appearance (so that explains where Fudo is)
Jul 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
Elisa965 said:
... above post ...
Aquarion is not Apollonius's wings. His wings are on Touma's helmet. In the first season, the other shadow angels question his loyalty because of it.

There's no good explanation on where machine angel Aquarion comes from but in the first season, they dug deep into the earth 12,000 years ago to get something. This could the a special metal that was used with the assistance of Apollonius to make Aquarion or the vectors themselves. Neither is hinted at.

If you're asking "how could already made vectors be found in the Earth...", then I have a story for you:
The universe was borne from the light of genesis, which only Apollonius can release. Apollo shows this in the first season and Touma proclaims that one of the pilots of Aquarion at the time is his love Apollonius reincarnated. The universe includes the Earth so it is possible that at the time, he created the universe, he also created a tool for him, his lover, and his friends to defend themselves against the shadow angels that would come...
Jul 7, 2015 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
jfc that was just...wow where do I even start.
The designs are awful not to mention the characters are annoying as all hell. And using the Infinity Fist right off the bat like that? I was really hoping they wouldn't mess this one up so bad but from the looks of it already...yikes.

The whole kanji monsters are at least kind of...interesting?
Jul 7, 2015 2:26 PM
Aug 2012
Well, we have no epic opening this time. But unlike someone else above I'm not dropping it just because of the opening, that's just plain retarded. I'll see where this will go.

And for those asking if you need to see the other seasons first, well...yes, if you want to understand the first 25 minutes of the episode. The last 25 minutes on the other hand are on another level an don't need any previous knowledge. But who knows what may happening the next episodes. I would advise to watch the other 2 shows first.
Jul 7, 2015 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
LanternFire said:
jfc that was just...wow where do I even start.
The designs are awful not to mention the characters are annoying as all hell. And using the Infinity Fist right off the bat like that? I was really hoping they wouldn't mess this one up so bad but from the looks of it already...yikes.

The whole kanji monsters are at least kind of...interesting?
I kind of know what you mean.
I don't believe it was a true infinity punch, but it had the same purpose as the infinity punch...
In the second season, EVOL... before Crea, the Rena look-alike, shows up at Neo-DEAVA, she sees the infinity punch circling the planet and says something like "you broke another seal, Fudo...". It's likely the the infinity punch and other similar skills have some kind of effect on the universe as a whole... That is to say... it would not be Aquarion without infinity punch skills!
Jul 7, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
psychopath666 said:
Well, we have no epic opening this time. But unlike someone else above I'm not dropping it just because of the opening, that's just plain retarded. I'll see where this will go.

And for those asking if you need to see the other seasons first, well...yes, if you want to understand the first 25 minutes of the episode. The last 25 minutes on the other hand are on another level an don't need any previous knowledge. But who knows what may happening the next episodes. I would advise to watch the other 2 shows first.
I found that 50-minute Aquarion you talked about...
The first 25 minutes is the OVA "Sousei no Aquarion EVOL".
The second 25 minutes is the Aquarion Logos episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2015

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 29, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

20 by CondemneDio »»
Aug 24, 2021 6:13 AM

» Is this anime really bad?

Dexistance - Apr 7, 2021

2 by 28012001 »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:46 AM

» Can I watch this without watching previous series?

ASTRO999 - Jul 6, 2015

21 by behajo »»
Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

2 by phantom346 »»
Apr 2, 2016 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.