Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 29, 2015 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was definitely not as strong as last week's but I like Welf. I kind of wish that his background story had a bit more to it like Lili's but perhaps that will come later. Him and Bell already have a solid bromance budding though. Hestia 'bout to get jealous.
May 29, 2015 8:11 PM

Jan 2014
decent episode, breezy :3
5/5
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

May 29, 2015 8:20 PM

Jun 2014
Really loved it, i always love to watch anime that has a similarity to anime's like Sword Art Online, i really, realllly like this Welf-san guy, he seems trustworthy and i just all in all really liked this episode, not to mention the liftoff of the last episodes awesome action. 5/5
Kirito is bae
May 29, 2015 8:23 PM

Mar 2015
Great content so far; I expect the same for next week.
May 29, 2015 8:27 PM

Dec 2011
And they just have to skip the god's meeting. I wanted to see the other gods too.

The new guy seems awesome. Can't wait to see when Bell gets new armor or armor or any more magic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2015 9:15 PM

Oct 2014
Burning Fighting Fighter. Lol.
May 29, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
Welf seems like a pretty likable character, looking forward to seeing more of him. Not much action this week compared to last week, hopefully next episode there will be some nice action scenes
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 29, 2015 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
JC Staff butchering a light novel with its adaptation? Color me shocked!
May 29, 2015 9:49 PM
May 2014
That Argonaut skill blew me away!!! My hands are itching!!! :3
May 29, 2015 9:52 PM

Mar 2015
Waiting for shit to go down in the next ep
May 29, 2015 10:06 PM
Sep 2012

They finally have some food to eat! MEAT! Loved how Hestia pulled the ham out of the hamburger to enjoy the taste.
May 29, 2015 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
Zefyris said:
Ridiculous. they just adapted the WHOLE VOLUME 4 in ONE EPISODE. Since the volume 4 has 2 short stories at the end, they had 230 pages to adapt. They did it in ONE EPISODE.

As if that wasn't enough, they made several huge mistakes in the paper shown at the beginning with his rank up.
1)That's his stats from before the minotaurus' fight. His lasts stats before leveling up, which should be the one shown before being kept as an hidden values after his rank up, were all SS except for Agi which was above SS.
2)Weirdly, even though the numbers are for a SS rank for Agi on the paper, it's written "SSS" As if that stat was actually above SS.
3)Hestia isn't supposed to show to Bell those stats, for a very good reason. Hestia never said to Bell anything about SS in the story since the start. This is something that isn't supposed to exist and is only possible due to his first skill, yet Bell sees it in the anime and doesn't react at all, even though HEstia never said to him about his stats being all S /SS before the minotaurus fight (Bell was late so he ran off without letting Hestia telling him the update she did, and this scene happens in the anime just as well). He looks at that paper without any surprise. Oh, I had a ss stat? No reaction? No reaction? Well no reaction at all.
4) Bellow Argonaut, there 's supposed to be the description. Although they still aren't sure about the exact effect, they now the type of skill it is.
5) They don't talk about the choice of ability after leveling up between hunter, luck and I-don't-remember-what-was-the-third-one (I think it was a poison resistance or something like that?) AT ALL.
Bell got another skill with Argonaut (argonaut wasn't a choice, whereas the second was a choice between several), that he had to choose. Those skills are skills that become a choice available every times you level up, but yo ucan only choose one. He consulted Eina about the choice, worrying about which one he was supposed to choose, and only finalised his level up afterwards with Hestia. Between the two, he wasn't completely a level 2

As I feared, they didn't show how the second name are choosen. This is too bad since it's very funny, and gives several hints about the gods' advanced culture in heaven.
Ahah, they did a "burning fighting figther". Too bad they didn't explain why because they skipped the choice of names. That scene was supposed to raise Hestia's suspicion about Freiya being interested in Bell, as well as a first introduction of Hermes. They really skip too much.

They kept the bar scene about Ryu, although they suppressed the actions from another waitress who was around.

Welf sanjou! I was waiting for the appearance of that character. :3

Wow, the whole conversation about the Hephaistios Familia's level 1 smith was skipped as well as several scenes with Bell asking Eina and so on about Welf.

At least they kept the conversation in Welf's forge about intact. That's about the only good thing in this episode.
They really, really skip too much. Well, after doing 230 pages in one episode, that's logical result... -_-

Awful. Absolutely awful. I wasn't especially complaining until now about the rush but this time it's going too far. JC Staff, what are you doing, seriously. "Oh, there's almost no Hestia and no fight, let's skip everything it's not interesting lololol"

Well, starting with episode 10, we're in the volume 5. Volume is very good, and it will have 4 episodes to be done so we can expect quite an epic final battle. But at which price we're getting it by the 13th episode, how ridiculous...

He defeated a friggin Floor Boss (The anime didn't even mention that lol)

Absolutely incorrect. The only use of Argonaut in the LN was against the Infant Dragon, which was exactly what happened here as well. Infant Dragon are the strongest creature in the upper level, but far from being a floor boss. They don't meet several requirement for this.
JC staff is already butchering the title quite a bit, please don't give improper information on top of this

Still 4 eps left? How many volumes are they gonna cover now? Anyone who read past this point...Are there any epic moments that J.C are desperate to animate or something?

Well, obviously, yes. They're desperate since the start to have enough room to animate the epic battle at the end of volume 5 (they don't have enough room to go up to the epic one at the end of the 6th, though, even like that). I can understand this, but butchering the whole thing to make all of this enter in 13 episodes rather than going for two cour isn't forgiveable, especially since LN are selling very well.

After reading all the stuff that was skipped I'm actually really disappointed. Because it all sounds pretty important, or it ties into current plot events well. It's not like they just skipped a scene with Bell talking to Syr in the streets or some shit. They skipped a lot of important ability info and some character info and development.

And there really isn't an excuse to not cover this stuff/not make this 2 cour. Because as mentioned the LNs are selling well and getting a good sales boost. Like a REALLY GOOD sales boost. MAL just posted the weeklys for the 18-24, and DanMachi has 7 fucking volumes on there, PLUS the Aiz spinoff novel.

Ok, well rant aside, that minotaur dagger was unimpressive. It's as long as a spoon...

Finally got some Hestia, though at the price of interesting material... c'mon J.C. It's not like she's going to disappear if you leave her out for 2-3 episodes.

Questions now:
It was mentioned in a post last week about how the adventurer has to overcome a great feat in order to level up. Now how high do their stats have to be in order to level? Bell's were all S rank, which I'm assuming is absurdly high. Can your skills be any rank? Or do you need to have so much accomplished before you can?

Also, in the OP when it's showing the weapons; it shows Bell's H-Knife, and then at one point it shows what looks like a regular length sword that's black and red with a jagged blade. What the hell is that?
May 29, 2015 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
Shit Bell is getting hella OP at first i thought the new was gonna be some sort of defense skill but nope! skill amplifier
episode like this which are RPG heavy that make me enjoy this series, little disappointed his new dagger looked Inferior compared to the one he already had though.
May 29, 2015 11:16 PM

Oct 2011
Klein joined Kirito's party <3

I like "Little Rookie"
May 29, 2015 11:34 PM

Jun 2012
If I was as strong as Bell I'd just effortlessly slaughter the monsters on the 11th floor or wherever they were, and never put myself in danger by advancing further. I mean it seems like one can make a decent living taking out 11th floor monsters. But that wouldn't make for a very adventurous anime. :p

Zefyris said:
-snip-

Haha oh man I could see all this really pissing me off if I had read the LN. I've been annoyed by less with VN adaptions. For better or worse I haven't, so I'm enjoying this more than most of those VN adaptions I watched.
May 30, 2015 12:10 AM
Oct 2007
Zefyris said:
Ridiculous. they just adapted the WHOLE VOLUME 4 in ONE EPISODE. Since the volume 4 has 2 short stories at the end, they had 230 pages to adapt. They did it in ONE EPISODE.

Woah. All these sounds very very interesting and I am surprised that the studio decide to give it all up just to make a 13 episodes one cour. I believe budget definitely plays out the decision made but still..

However I wont deny that even without all those this anime is still surprisingly good as a non-LN reader.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2015 12:16 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode. that "light shot", how does it work? Does it only activates when strong enemies are present? Or does it charge up everytime Bell kills or damages an enemy?
May 30, 2015 12:32 AM

Jun 2008
Xenocrisi said:
God the LN readers are so annoying.

Nowhere near as bad as the FATE VN people....

Somewhere along the lines, people forget that an ADAPTATION does NOT mean it will be 100% the same as the source material....or hell, they could literally make up whatever they want.
May 30, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
The episodes was great!
May 30, 2015 1:22 AM

Apr 2013
testamentKAISER said:
Nice episode. that "light shot", how does it work? Does it only activates when strong enemies are present? Or does it charge up everytime Bell kills or damages an enemy?

cf page 1 post 15

JustALEX said:

Somewhere along the lines, people forget that an ADAPTATION does NOT mean it will be 100% the same as the source material....or hell, they could literally make up whatever they want.
It never meant that they need to reduce it until only 25% of its original content remains, either. There's a reason why this time I ranted about it whereas previously not, this time how much they skipped is beyond bearable level.

katsu044 said:
Shit Bell is getting hella OP at first i thought the new was gonna be some sort of defense skill but nope! skill amplifier
episode like this which are RPG heavy that make me enjoy this series, little disappointed his new dagger looked Inferior compared to the one he already had though.

Actually, currently, the new dagger is stronger than the Hestia knife. The Hestia knife evolves with bell's stats sto it will pass the new dagger again later (obviously, since bell's stats goes up that fast), but for now, while it looks unimpressive, it IS strong.

Jonesy974 said:
Questions now:
It was mentioned in a post last week about how the adventurer has to overcome a great feat in order to level up. Now how high do their stats have to be in order to level? Bell's were all S rank, which I'm assuming is absurdly high. Can your skills be any rank? Or do you need to have so much accomplished before you can?

Also, in the OP when it's showing the weapons; it shows Bell's H-Knife, and then at one point it shows what looks like a regular length sword that's black and red with a jagged blade. What the hell is that?

1) Any main stat outside of magic needs to be at least D rank. meaning 500+ in every stats in order to level up. MEaning that Bell having 1000+ in stats at the leveling was indeed absolutely ridiculous and completely unprecedented.
BTW welf's stats are all above 500+ except for magic which is I IIRC. So all he's lacking is a party which can bring him in the intermediate level to fight many level 2 monsters and level up accordingly after killing enough of them.
Saying it here since it's supposed to be displayed at the end of 4th volume but we didn't get them.

2)This isn't Bell's weapon. You'll see about that weapon later in the show.

JustDEANZEL said:
This episode was definitely not as strong as last week's but I like Welf. I kind of wish that his background story had a bit more to it like Lili's but perhaps that will come later. Him and Bell already have a solid bromance budding though. Hestia 'bout to get jealous.

Unfortunately, they were supposed to give it here, so I quite doubt they'll do more in the anime.
Also, Hestia is actually very happy about Welf joining up(that was skipped as well, now that I'm thinking about it, althought that isn't important), because it means that Lili isn't alone with Bell any more inside the dungeon :D. Seems like that point was worrying Hestia quite a bit x)
May 30, 2015 1:44 AM

Jul 2012
The episode was fine, they introduced a new character. We only have 4 more episodes left though, so hopefully we will get a nice ending but this feels like a rush.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 30, 2015 1:52 AM

Apr 2015
Zefyris said:
Is the upgrade for the fire-bolt like a temporary thing or will he have it permanently? Because damn that firepower.

It's a three minute charge (can be fired before the 3 minutes but with less firepower, although 1 minute already gives quite impressive result imo) skill
that drain A LOT from both Bell's stamina and Bell's mind. Doing it several time would throw him in mind zero in no time.

But the success rate is not 100% right? You have to be like at the end of death to amke it work with ease. heheh
#CHEXIT
May 30, 2015 2:21 AM

Apr 2013
Imeon said:
Zefyris said:

It's a three minute charge (can be fired before the 3 minutes but with less firepower, although 1 minute already gives quite impressive result imo) skill
that drain A LOT from both Bell's stamina and Bell's mind. Doing it several time would throw him in mind zero in no time.

But the success rate is not 100% right? You have to be like at the end of death to amke it work with ease. heheh

AFAIK, it's 100% success rate.
It's already quite difficult to use as it is.
1) almost any fight is faster than 3 minutes and even 1 minute, so by the time it's charged, the fight is finished
2) if you do it two times without using at least 2 potions or without resting for hours in between, you'll fell unconscious due to the huge drain in stamina and mind that it brings. In the middle of a dungeon.
May 30, 2015 2:33 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode.
I kind of laugh in his title cause its way too normal i think, but i think it fits him though.
I like bell cranel new skill that kill that baby dragon with one hit. (which is everyone afraid of...i mean those people in a party the run off)

I also like the new guy, welf crozzo :)
May 30, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2014
Zefyris said:
Is the upgrade for the fire-bolt like a temporary thing or will he have it permanently? Because damn that firepower.

Oic thanks! :)
May 30, 2015 3:17 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode. I liked how Bell's Argonaut fireball one-shot the baby dragon. I want to see Bell's new knife in action. Hopefully next week. I wouldn't want to mess with Ryuu at all. Welf is easily my favorite character besides Ais
May 30, 2015 3:54 AM

Aug 2014
I was going to say this was another well-done episode, but reading how much they skipped made me doubt that. It's always hard to adapt LNs perfectly, but a whole volume in a single episode is too much.

The episode was still pretty interesting. Welf is a really cool character, and it looks like Bell will stick to daggers. Ryuu is seriously the most badass character so far. It's kinda frustrating getting all these hints on Bell's abilities and then not getting properly explained. I still haven't understood why Hestia refuses to tell him about his original skill.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 30, 2015 4:44 AM

Aug 2008
JustALEX said:
Xenocrisi said:
God the LN readers are so annoying.

Nowhere near as bad as the FATE VN people....

Something like that is no longer an adaptation. More like a bad spin off or just a cheap cash in.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 30, 2015 5:01 AM

Oct 2014
I've been watching this since week 1. I certainly enjoyed it and looked forward to the next one, but it was far from spectacular (with such a small initial cast and all). Good but wasn't seeing why it was being hyped like crazy. The past few episodes with his character arc developing and him finally forming a party and meeting Welf this week, I was feeling really good and starting to get really into it! I liked the pace (though I did feel like they were skipping out on some explanations) and that we finally had a fuller cast to interact with (rather than just bell and slightly more ladies per episode, its felt awfully haremish). Finally starting to get the hype. Been thinking of reading the novels when the anime finished.

Then I read these comments and see how much we've missed and now I'm horribly upset :( I'm still going to wait til its over that way I can enjoy the story without being mad, but I must wonder how the pacing must be. I mean, before reading the comments, I was fairly upset that we got the full cast a whole nine episodes in, it felt like it took forever to introduce Welf right near the end. A lot more information would be nice, but I feel like if this was a double season of 26 episodes it would have taken forever to get all the characters introduced, and it might not have done so well. 3/4 of the series is a pretty long time and if they'd done it properly it'd be longer? And he didn't appear until volume four? keeping the cast that small for three volumes seems crazy.

For now I'll just enjoy it then get the light novels end of next month when its all over. I'll be avoiding these so I don't get myself upset at the staff butchering it like everyone else is Dx
May 30, 2015 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
To bad he didn't get burning fighting fighter, lil rookie is a bit lame..
---------My Profile------------
May 30, 2015 6:10 AM

Dec 2010
...this episode was kinda fast one, quick introduction unlike Lili not much drama but still ok
May 30, 2015 7:09 AM

Mar 2014
This is the point where serie is getting bad with common storyline and main hero is being OP chosen one guy.
May 30, 2015 7:45 AM

Jan 2015
Good episode

As i expected from the opening i like that new guy Welf.

Bel is slowly becoming op. I wonder how his new spell works tho i guess they'll explain it next ep.
May 30, 2015 8:17 AM

May 2013
Little Rookie sure is a normal title.
Bell got himself a blacksmith. He has also got himself a new item from that Minotaur horn courtesy of Welf.
I like the way he denies to make magic items. It's a reasonable explanation.
May 30, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2015
I really like this episode. And I really want Danmachi become a longest story, this anime have all thing for that, a great background, a progressive system, greatest animation, and a red line for a great story.

Please, listen to me, and make Danmachi 150 episodes :P
May 30, 2015 8:18 AM
Sep 2014
smelldemon said:
Good episode

As i expected from the opening i like that new guy Welf.

Bel is slowly becoming op. I wonder how his new spell works tho i guess they'll explain it next ep.

Scroll up to post #122.
May 30, 2015 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
Little Rookie is a nice title.
May 30, 2015 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Also in this episode I loved the comic part. Narratively, I really appreciated the fact that Bell everything went smoothly in every context; luck it may be, but the coincidences are a bit far-fetched, if you overdo it. Interesting story from the point of view of fantasy, the scene but not only, seem to work well. I only doubt that deep thinking mind, it is whether the plot focuses only on amorous conquests of Bell, or has a higher end; I'm dying of curiosity. Here JC Staff, it seemed to have worked better than the ninth of Food Wars, there are fewer declines in the quality of the drawings.
May 30, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2011
Lol Burning Fighting Fighter. What's next? Dark Flame Master?
Li'l Rookie is a perfect match for Li'l Lili.

That epic firebolt. Liked the effects of it.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
May 30, 2015 9:54 AM
Apr 2013
J.C. Staff
"Okay guys, this Volume of Danmachi basically only focused on this blacksmith guy, we didn't get an ultra cool final boss fight like Volume 3, and not enough bouncy-bouncy Hestia moment, I'd say 1 episode is more than enough"
May 30, 2015 10:10 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was good.

We meet Welf, sad back story about people wanting magic to get rich and famous only. He's right to not make them any more, and I'm glad Bell respects that decision.

Party is larger, hopefully we see bigger staged fights involving team work and hopefully, some combinations? That would be cool.

Bell's steadily climbing up the ranks in terms of strength and even fame for the short amount of time he's had to level up.
May 30, 2015 10:21 AM

Dec 2013
SkyTate said:
Lol Burning Fighting Fighter. What's next? Dark Flame Master?
Li'l Rookie is a perfect match for Li'l Lili.

That epic firebolt. Liked the effects of it.

Technically, in the world of DanMachi, most adventurers in Orario would actually prefer a Chuu2 name, since most of them sound really cool to them (Hence the Burning Fighting Fighter that Bell was imagining). In a sense, it would sort of fit for their current timeline and setting. The only thing is, most gods in this universe seem to have some sort of link to present-day Japan, and hence most, if not all of them would actually cringe at such a ridiculous name (same as someone would if speaking to a Chuu2 in 2015 Japan), hence to the gods, hearing such a ridiculous name being given to members of their beloved Familia is more of an insult and a constant reminder that they couldn't protect their "children" from such Chuu2 naming sense at the God Banquet.

Notice that Bell was actually quite disappointed at how "normal" that name Hestia acquired for him, whilst Hestia was extremely proud of herself.

Essentially the second name decision rests on the majority and depends on how influential the God is with the others (as well as how those other gods are feeling at the meeting, be it bored, playful, mad, etc.), and how pretty/handsome they find the Level Up candidate.
As Zefyris mentioned previously, had they actually shown the Banquet, you would have seen that Hestia wasn't all that influential considering her Familia is minuscule and she was new to the Banquet. One of the gods had actually dared to ask if they could upgrade Aiz's tag to <Sword Saint>, but because Loki and her Familia is so influential, one word from her was all it took to have them change their minds (well... three.... she said "I'll kill you!!" XD). In the end it took Freya's influence to enable Bell to receive a relatively normal name.

On a side note, one Seti Seruti mentioned in the book actually received the title that Bell wanted. The full title was "Dawn of the Holy Dragon Knight (Burning Fighting Fighter)".

Takemikazuchi's child received "Absolute Shadow".

Edit:
After finally finding the time to finish up the entire episode, I really do have to say they rushed the hell out of this one. No doubt it's to incorporate all the good stuff that happens in Volume 5, but to think that they would miss out the details in the backstory for Welf (which IMO is foreshadowing to events in the novels that have yet to come out) as well as a host of the things already mentioned by Zefyris, makes me believe that either they weren't consulting the Author when they did this episode, or they weren't expecting to be making a season 2 sometime in the future at all.

Still, I cannot say that they didn't cover the essentials that would be needed for the rest of this season. And despite how disappointed us LN readers may be, I do understand consecutive episodes of this with not even a climactic boss-fight at the end would probably throw all your ratings down by 1 again... oh well....

After this episode:
[quote=Bell's Status]
Level 2.

Strength: G 267
Endurance: H 144
Dexterity: G 288
Agility: F 375
Magic: H 189

Luck: I

[/quote]

His stats are bombing up the ladder once again.

As for Welf:
[quote=Welf's Status]
Level 1.

Strength: C 617
Endurance: D 521
Dexterity: C 645
Agility: D 509
Magic: I 70

[/quote]

Welf meets the (bare minimum) requirements for the Level up.

I can't wait for next week!
L-RyoshiMay 30, 2015 11:09 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 30, 2015 11:05 AM

Jan 2015
Ancestroll said:
I really like this episode. And I really want Danmachi become a longest story, this anime have all thing for that, a great background, a progressive system, greatest animation, and a red line for a great story.

Please, listen to me, and make Danmachi 150 episodes :P
*too outrageous* :P

So, we have met Welf-san that joined Bell-kun's party, I quite likes his personality. Ais Wallenstein and her familia seem fired up after see strength of Bell-kun in previous episode, and Bell also got a new skill and equipment. overall it was good episode, looking for the next week.
Kouhai__May 30, 2015 11:11 AM
May 30, 2015 11:11 AM
May 2015
On the topic of LN adaptation: How much do they usually cover in 12-13 eps? Isn't it about 3 episodes per LN normally? That goes off when it's a long LN (for example it took 12/13 eps for SAO's GGO arc which was 2 vol and even then they did skip some stuff). Also, keep in mind they need to get ratings etc etc, most viewers don't like long-winded exposition, I don't mind they skipped the God meeting as a whole for example but the Freyja thing was important and I'm sure Argonaut could've been explained easier, the firecloak thing might be a mini-flashback in next ep.

Also I look at it from the staff's view, even if they did it in a 2 cour, I'd still want to end the 1st cour on a good/high note rather than leave people hanging....
May 30, 2015 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
SovereignSky said:
On the topic of LN adaptation: How much do they usually cover in 12-13 eps? Isn't it about 3 episodes per LN normally? That goes off when it's a long LN (for example it took 12/13 eps for SAO's GGO arc which was 2 vol and even then they did skip some stuff). Also, keep in mind they need to get ratings etc etc, most viewers don't like long-winded exposition, I don't mind they skipped the God meeting as a whole for example but the Freyja thing was important and I'm sure Argonaut could've been explained easier, the firecloak thing might be a mini-flashback in next ep.

Also I look at it from the staff's view, even if they did it in a 2 cour, I'd still want to end the 1st cour on a good/high note rather than leave people hanging....

Just for statistics sake:

Volume 1: Episodes 1-3
Volume 2: Episodes 4-6
Volume 3: Episodes 7-8
Volume 4: Episode 9

Now granted that volume 4 was a bit shorter than the first three, actually included two side stories at the end as filler, AND didn't have anything big happen at the end of it. I guess we all expected them not to end with Volume 4. It then became a matter of how they chopped and changed things to fit 5 volumes into 13 episodes.

I think most of us were expecting them to cut out less material from Volume 4 and use 3 episodes for Volume 5, but here they surprised us with the most concise and detail-deprived Volume 4 ever, to make for more minutes for Volume 5.

Also, in all volumes adapted thus far, there were a host of things that were skipped.

Thing is, a lot of the explanations which Zefyris and some of us have been giving may have seemed like spoilers at the beginning, but as of this moment, we haven't seen them ever going back to those skipped details from the previous volumes just to provide anime-only viewers with the information, not even once. Hence why we've tried to take it upon ourselves to explain the mechanics of the world and how things work as best as we could to make it more enjoyable for the rest of you. I think if you went back to the previous episodes and watched it all again without our add-in's, a lot of you would have a ton of questions floating in your mind, not because you're not smart enough to figure things out, but because they don't even give you the necessary info for you to even try.
L-RyoshiMay 30, 2015 11:34 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 30, 2015 11:56 AM

Oct 2011
And thus a new bromance is born....

May 30, 2015 12:02 PM
May 2015
Exposition like explaining different stats etc just doesn't work in anime format though. I also never found anything really confusing. All I want to know is Freyja's lust for Bell. Anime-only viewers generally don't have much problems understanding the story.
May 30, 2015 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
Skipped too much and I already smell a deus ex machina
May 30, 2015 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
HandsomeMan said:
hestia reminds me of snooki from jersey shore
Ais &gt; Hestia

Hestia>Lili>>>dry wood>>Ais
May 30, 2015 12:50 PM

Oct 2014
cant wait to see why the new guy is so persistent that others shouldnt trust him
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.