Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2015 4:44 PM
Dec 2009
Today, I thought I should get these feelings out of my chest. I've recently lost some of my closest friends and I don't really have anybody to talk to. Considering that I'm kind of shy while expressing my real emotions, I tend not to talk about them. I feel embarrassed, I feel like I'm being judged or that I'm being weak. As a result, I thought maybe I should tell you guys about this story, read your comments and listen to your advices. I know that MAL is a great community and I hope you won't get bored reading my confessions. The name of the people are aliases in English that are similar to their original names (not that I don't want to write them down but since the names are in another language, Turkish, I thought this would make things simpler.).

"Soo... I met this girl Irene when I was in the 10th grade. She is smart, cute and interesting you know. I wanted to know her better and wanted to hang out with her. However that was kind of hard for me to do at first. We weren't in the same class before and when I saw her I suddenly felt that I liked her. .

After that, I told her best friend Selene that I was interested in her and asked for help. Then the 3 of us started hanging out more. My best friend at the time, Franco, also joined us soon enough. I hadn't told him that I liked Irene yet.

Things were going fine but also not that good. Selene was trying hard for me and Irene to get closer to each other. But somehow, I was always having these great conversations with Selene, not Irene. Selene would always sit with me during the classes and the recess. We became really close friends.

Then I thought I should try more. I asked Irene out a couple times with a serious intention and yet in a playful manner. Still, we weren't really hitting it off. It seemed like she wasn't interested in me.

I and Irene were growing apart day after day and while this was happening, I was getting closer and closer to Selene. Time was flowing so fast when I was hanging out with her.

Our school festival was closing in and I had finally realized that my feelings for Irene were no more. It was all just a false alarm. Selene was the one I truly liked..

During the summer vacation, I and Selene occasionally hang out together. We even played guitar in the streets and earned some money!

In the 11th grade, everything was great. She was always there for me. But at that time, something else was bothering me. I started to think that I loved her. Love, I believe, is such an immense, unyielding word. I didn't used to believe in love. We have all seen this kind of a situation in cliché movie with a cliché scenario. Even in real life, love didn't feel genuine. Yet I can't express my feelings using any other word besides love. And that was not all, she was also my best friend. That was why I couldn't tell her about any of this. If I was rejected, it would be devastating for me. Even though my friends were all saying "Dude, you should ask her out. We all think that she likes you.", I couldn't take the risk.

However, things wouldn't be like this forever. It was our last year at high school and this time, we were at different classes. We weren't hanging out together nearly as much we used to do. I knew that I had to end this and tell her my true feelings. But yet again, I was unable to do it. I had learned that she had a boyfriend. I was struck-out. I had to face reality and move on. 12th grade was also an exceptionally important year for all the students because we were having a national examination process so that we could get into college. I took this heartbreak, forgot her and built motivation to study for my exams. I started going out with another girl and also studied hard. After the exams we broke up.

I already knew that Selene was applying for Law School. I had normally planned to study Economics in college but then I also got accepted to Law School. Studying law was actually my second choice but since it was the most prestigious college I couldn't turn them down. Consequently, we ended up yet again in the same class. Now we sit together, eat lunch together, study together... And I still think that I'm just a friend in her point of view. Now, I'm back to square one.

I know for a fact that I can't leave her unless she leaves me. I don't want to admit that I love her but I think I do. And even though I had forgotten about her, the feelings I had before are blossoming once again."

This is it guys! Thanks for reading. Let me hear your thoughts, comments, criticisms or advices!
May 22, 2015 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
You waited too long and got friendzoned, should have said something much much sooner. when guys don't take the initiative they have nobody to blame for missing out other than themselves.
May 22, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
holy tl;dr
May 22, 2015 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, that's a pretty sad high school story. You should go for her now, you already let her get away once, and now you're in Law school so there will be less people to laugh at you if you ask her out and she rejects you.
May 22, 2015 4:54 PM

Aug 2013
EasyPassy said:

I and Irene were growing apart day after day and while this was happening, I was getting closer and closer to Selene. Time was flowing so fast when I was hanging out with her.

Our school festival was closing in

After that point your chances dropped and kept falling. If you act beta male and don't seize opportunity it will pass you by.
May 22, 2015 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
Mate you should throw away your unnecessary feelings.
Love is something you can live without.
May 22, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2014
If anything I think you've been given a second chance. Also if she was your best friend how did she get a boy friend without you realising? Also did you still hang out when she had a boy friend?
May 22, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
confessions never work lol

gotta pick up them insecure girls
May 22, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2015
Best thing to do is be honest. But then give her a day to process if she needs it. Don't push for an immediate answer.
May 22, 2015 5:36 PM

Feb 2015
Think that was one of the only chunks of text I actually read completely without a TL;DR.
Sounds like an interesting story, it's actually gold for a manga plot '^'

Like the others said, you waited a bit too long..
Confesssssssssssss
:::|| ---A N I M E L I S T--- || ---M A N G A L I S T--- || ---S I G N A T U R E S--- || ---C A R D S--- ||:::
May 22, 2015 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
Like all the others are saying, you waited too long. But do take this lesson to heart, as you are now a wiser man and you have learned your ways. Just make sure to give it all you've got the next time a situation like this happens.
May 23, 2015 2:00 AM
Dec 2009
Kryxt said:
If anything I think you've been given a second chance. Also if she was your best friend how did she get a boy friend without you realising? Also did you still hang out when she had a boy friend?

When she had a boyfriend, we weren't hanging out together.

berserker15 said:
Damn, that's a pretty sad high school story. You should go for her now, you already let her get away once, and now you're in Law school so there will be less people to laugh at you if you ask her out and she rejects you.

I know that people won't make fun of me because of it, and I don't really care if they do. I've been rejected and accepted many times before. That's why I know when someone is rejected, they can't be friends anymore, it just doesn't work out. I usually don't talk to any of the girls that rejected me or that I rejected. But if that happened with Selene, now that would be devastating for me.

And by the way, it isn't a sad story at all :D. Because I had so much in high school, I don't regret any of the decisions that I made. Even not going for her. If I could go back to those times, I wouldn't tell her just like I hadn't done in the past. I still believe I had a legitimate reason not to tell her, because this case was on a whole different level than any of my other relationships.
It was all a matter of probability: People do get the feeling that someone likes them. In the matter of Selene, the probability of her rejecting me seemed to be higher than of us being together.

Jerkhov said:
confessions never work lol

gotta pick up them insecure girls

Haha, yeah I know bro. Confessions never work, or maybe I haven't seen an example that worked? I've never had a girlfriend where I had to confess, it just happened in an instant both for me and her.

Porofy said:
Think that was one of the only chunks of text I actually read completely without a TL;DR.
Sounds like an interesting story, it's actually gold for a manga plot '^'

Like the others said, you waited a bit too long..
Confesssssssssssss

Maybe I should write a book or something? :P

Thanks for all your replies :D
May 23, 2015 2:05 AM

Jan 2015
First off respect for only 7 posts in 5 years.

Make a move. You will meet a lot of people in college and so being bogged down by one person is going to take a toll on you. Let her know how you feel and explain to her that all this time you were thinking about her. Don't play the slow build game man because time is shot. You could be meeting an amazing girl right now but instead you have this girl on your mind. Either strike out and potentially be friends or she accepts your confession and you two date.

Congrats on getting into law school you smart bastard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 2:28 AM

May 2014
Dating is haram. Someone put a fatwa on this guy!!
May 23, 2015 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
lolatusenpai said:
Dating is haram. Someone put a fatwa on this guy!!

Turkey is basically an atheist country.

I'd reiterate the others: you waited too long. If you'd confessed earlier, even if she had rejected you would have found the courage to move on and you would most definitely have been living a much better life. But it's still not too late to confess.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
May 23, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2013
you like hanging out with her? then what's the problem? y'all need to party together, let some sparks fly, give yourself a chance to do something stupid ;)
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 4, 2015 11:43 AM
May 2012
This is why you should always say what you need and want to say.
You'll never really know until you try, man.
No matter what might happen. Positive or negative. JUST DO IT!!
I hope things will work out now :D
Jul 4, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
Tengai said:

Jul 4, 2015 11:59 AM

Oct 2012
Say, "I like you. Let's go (lunch/dinner/breakfast/no tell motel/mini-golf/bar/bungee jumping/whatever) for a date." Yes/no, end of story. You had so much in high school yet you can't even get past the first step.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 4, 2015 12:07 PM
Feb 2014
Whatever you do, don't wear a Naruto jacket on your first date.
Jul 4, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2008
If she's single again just tell her your feelings lol

The term friend zone is stupid as hell and you shouldn't let this term stop you from being honest with her. You gotta let this out or it will just bug you everytime you're with her.

But if she isn't single then yeah you shouldn't reach for something like that. Consider it as a lost opportunity and move on. Perhaps the future will place you two together again (single).
Jul 5, 2015 5:29 AM
May 2012
Spooks_McBones said:
Tengai said:

Exactly ahahaha.
Jul 5, 2015 7:58 AM

Apr 2015
Dense.
Jul 5, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Ask her out!
Jul 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Jun 2011

Jul 5, 2015 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
Spooks_McBones said:
Tengai said:

Jul 6, 2015 2:36 AM
May 2009
Tell them your feelings and hope for the best.
If rejection is her answer, at least you gave it a shot.
Jul 6, 2015 2:49 AM

Dec 2014
So what happen to the Franco guy, is he the bf of Selene?

And like the guys above, just confess that you like her. Maybe it's a hard choice for you to do, but
it is simple. :) (2 months late advice XD )
Jul 6, 2015 7:03 AM
Dec 2009
testamentKAISER said:
So what happen to the Franco guy, is he the bf of Selene?

And like the guys above, just confess that you like her. Maybe it's a hard choice for you to do, but
it is simple. :) (2 months late advice XD )

Nah looks like he didn't feel the same.

I was quite surprised when the topic got posted on again and Shia LaBeouf was hilarous :D. Alright you guys, when I get a good chance I'll tell her. Of course I will keep updating you. Thanks for the support.
Jul 6, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2014
TheBasedNico said:
Dude girls love that jacket

Jul 6, 2015 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
SolBlade said:

Jul 6, 2015 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
Yo like invite her to hang out more. If you end up hanging out a lot then tell her that you like her.
Jul 6, 2015 7:33 AM

Mar 2014
Itachi said:
TheBasedNico said:
Dude girls love that jacket

+1 can confirm
Jul 6, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
Confess man. Either get the chance to date her or regret that you never even tried.
Jul 6, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
I don't know if I want to publish your novel.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 6, 2015 10:28 AM

May 2013
Thats why im not interested in my love life hahaha. Regrets bro.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 6, 2015 1:58 PM
Jun 2015
Aww I'm sorry to hear what happened to you in high-school... But as for meeting Selene again, maybe you should try to get close to her again, and then ask her out. I mean you can't keep those feelings in forever.
Jul 6, 2015 2:04 PM
Feb 2015
You should seize the opportunity as u still have time I mean the fact that u saw her again must mean something don't be afraid take a step forward I know u can tell her how u feel go for it ok and u can't be shy forever ur gonna have 2 tell her eventually. Good Luck
Jul 6, 2015 2:46 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Tachii said:
If she's single again just tell her your feelings lol

The term friend zone is stupid as hell and you shouldn't let this term stop you from being honest with her. You gotta let this out or it will just bug you everytime you're with her.

But if she isn't single then yeah you shouldn't reach for something like that. Consider it as a lost opportunity and move on. Perhaps the future will place you two together again (single).

Pretty much this. If you really wanna confess regardless of whether she's in a relationship or not, you can, but I wouldn't really advise it. Someone asked my gf out and she declined. The only thing stopping you from your confession is yourself. Just the fact that you can see her so often and are given another opportunity, is considerably lucky. Most people don't get a second opportunity like this. Go for it.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jul 7, 2015 12:27 PM
Dec 2009
iSheep said:
I don't know if I want to publish your novel.

I'll sue your ass! :D Nah I'm kidding, we can split the money.
Jul 8, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2010
well well well, Confessed yet?

I bet you're waiting for the perfect moment. well let me tell you. the perfect moment won't arrive.

you have to create your moment.

from my experience waiting is never a good thing. it only makes you suffer more in the end. better to get things over with quickly. besides wouldn't you regret it for the rest of your life if you didn't confess.

at least that was the case for me.
i once waited quite a while too not as long as you though. and i know it's really hard to do. but ended up confessing anyway.
Aug 2, 2015 1:59 PM
Dec 2009
Soo, I promised you guys an update and here it is. But it's probably not what you'd like to hear.

So we kinda hang out a bit, you know. But with our friends around, I couldn't really get a good chance to tell her my feelings. Things were actually going pretty good. I was feeling lucky as well :D. And then she called me out for a concert. I thought her friends would be there too but it was just the two of us. Just so you guys know, we usually hang out quite a lot since we're in the same university and all but the fact that this time it was only us was a big deal for me. So I thought I had a really good chance. While we were talking, she hinted out a movie that she wanted to see.

Nothing happened that night unfortunately but the going to the movies was a good idea. So this time I asked her out. Now this is the worst part: She didn't answer my texts for 5 days. And I know for a fact that she saw them since "whatsapp" shows if the other person has read the messages. I was pretty upset and also angry, you know. After 5 days, she called me but I didn't answer. However, I was doing the same thing she did to me and it's horrible to be ignored. I called her again right away and she tells me that she's on her way to a week long vacation. She said that her whatsapp wasn't working properly and that's why she couldn't answer me. She told me that when she came back, she'd love to go to movies with me.

Now, there are a couple things that pisses me off here. First of all, she saw the message and didn't respond. She could have called like she did later on. So her whatsapp excuse was a bad one. Second of all, if she liked me she would have responded during that 5 days. And lastly, now that she's back here again, she never contacted me. She never even apologized properly the first time.

In this situation, I deduce that she's not interested in me. What do you guys think? What should I do about this?
Aug 2, 2015 2:25 PM

Mar 2014
I think that you should try to hang out with her more in order to strengthen your bonds. When you are close enough, you could try confessing your feelings. Even if she rejects you, you won't have in the future the ''what if'' thought going around your mind all the time and making you feel regrets.

About the second post, I agree that this seemed like a pretty shitty excuse, I would be angry too if I were you. Her behavior is kind of suspicious. I believe she either doesn't wanna hang out with you much or she has been tackling a personal issue. However she said that she'd ''love'' to go to the movies with you. Idk if she's interested in you but I believe she considers you as a good friend at least. I think it's worth taking the risk of asking her out and confessing your feelings, this situation has dragged on too long for you imo. Whatever happens, good luck :)
Aug 2, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2014
daintybiscuit said:
holy tl;dr
Is this where you live?

Aug 2, 2015 3:05 PM

Dec 2011
Girls are too hard to understand and I am one :/
Aug 5, 2015 1:37 PM
Dec 2009
Hello yet again you guys! I finally got the last piece of the story to tell you all.

As I have mentioned before, she didn't respond to my text. If you guys wanna hear the whole story, you can read all of the above. Anyways, she calls me yesterday and tells me if I'm free, to watch the movie. So I say why the hell not, might as well. We went to the movies, then grabbed something to eat, drank some beer. I told her what was bothering me about the texts and stuff. One thing led to another, and I finally told her about my feelings.

As I have told all of you guys before: what really mattered to me was our friendship. Some of you might think it's unrealistic coming from a guy and I can't do anything to make you believe me. But it is true.

Anyhow, unfortunetely she wasn't feeling the same way but she didn't tell me her response was a definite "no". We agreed that things would be the same (I honestly highly doubt that she will still be able to be a true friend to me though) but in the end she hasn't said a word. Saying "Things are going to be the same." isn't an answer so I told her to be decisive. Because it was about time I finally moved on. She said that she's not interested in me.

The question remains though. Can we be still friends? I guess time will show us whether we can or not. And now that I'm all regret-free and actually free from her, I really want to be her friend again. So what do you guys think I should do? I was thinking of, maybe give her a couple days to process her thoughts. But should I be the one to invite her somewhere as a sign good-faith like we always did. Or should I wait for her to make a move first?

Thanks for all your support by the way. I can't say that I'm not sad but actually I'm really really not that sad after all. I feel more relieved than anything else. And I wouldn't be able to do it without you guys. :D.
Aug 5, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
And_Ryan said:
Tengai said:

The tedx troll video that inspires more than actual tedx videos.
^do it OP
Aug 5, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
Sounds like yall need some waifus in ur life.

OT: Honestly though, you should just ask her out. You WILL regret it in the future if you lose your chance.

You got nothing to lose, just do it m8.
Aug 5, 2015 2:09 PM
Dec 2009
hoopla123 said:
Sounds like yall need some waifus in ur life.

OT: Honestly though, you should just ask her out. You WILL regret it in the future if you lose your chance.

You got nothing to lose, just do it m8.

Dude, I did ask her out and she said no. That was the point of posting.
And I don't need waifus :D thanks for the suggestions though.
Aug 5, 2015 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
You should let her know that you are regret free about all this now and want to be her friend.

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

37 by Voila_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 9 hours ago

26 by aikaflip »»
1 hour ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

317 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

15 by IpreferEcchi »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

40 by aikaflip »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.