Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2015 2:25 AM

Jan 2014
I'm glad I picked this up when this anime was almost finished. Otherwise, I would've dropped this show if I had watched this weekly since the first episode.

Thoughts...
-I'm a sucker for a setting and plot that involves a Utopian society and heavy discrimination. (the reason why I continued to the watch this show)
- It got kind of interesting about half-way
- I disliked almost the entire cast (the only character I liked was Hilda)
- The amount of Yuri and shoujo-ai in this show (soooo much win.)
- Did not have much problem with the fan-service, although it was painfully unnecessary (especially the Rito level crotch plant in face)
-Was satisfied with ending

Moreover, the worst thing in this anime after the antagonist was the romance. The romance b/w Ange and Tusk was so beyond dreadful.

This show is definitely under-rated and would I recommend this to others easily? NO.
It wasn't great; it wasn't bad.
7/10
Mar 30, 2015 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
FloydBt said:
You know, a lot of people here are comparing Cross Ange to Aldnoah.Zero and saying A/Z sucks compared to Cross Ange. My question to you is.....based on what? Character development? In what universe does constant character rewrites count as character development? Plot consistency? Haha. Man, this isn't even a genderbender anime and yet they can't even keep the genders straight. Sunrise seriously forgot that Aura is a MAN and all massive dragons are MALES when they picked a FEMALE voice for him.

Aldnoah Zero just isn't much fun. The characters are super bland and the plot isn't good enough to make up for it. Not sure what you mean by "constant character rewrites" because I think the characters in Cross Ange had believable character development and their actions made sense for their character. I can't say the same for that moron Slaine in Aldnoah. As for Aura's gender I honestly don't care, it's not important. There are tons of male anime characters with female voices anyway. It's a super minor issue.

Course I didn't watch season 2 of Aldnoah cause I'm not into the whole hate watching thing.

burningfire52 said:
I have a question

In the end, are there still two worlds or just one? Momoka asked what will become of the other world, so does that mean the world Ange is living on and the world Sylvia is on are separate?. I thought that Embryo created two worlds from one and destroying him would have returned the worlds to their original state.

Embryo was trying to fuse the two worlds into a new one. They stopped him so the status quo of having two worlds was maintained. Ange is in dragon world and her little sister is in the "human" side.
Mar 30, 2015 2:36 AM
Mar 2011
Theorder14 said:
So Tusk is the only male on the new earth? lol

Yeah that was srsly bugging me too :D :D only hole in otherwise nice ending.
Mar 30, 2015 2:41 AM

Dec 2013
"Why won't you let me control you!?" -Embryo. I lol'd at this.

What an awful villain. I guess if you assume that his entire shtick was of him being an arrogant, narcissistic, perverted, Ange-obsessive control freak, then I guess you can say he fulfilled his role flawlessly. Well done sir. I hope to never have the displeasure of experiencing such a poorly written villain ever again.

I felt the episode itself concluded well enough. I kinda raised an eyebrow at the bit with Sylvia near the end, not to mention the Embryo stuff before that, but pretty satisfying ending overall.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Mar 30, 2015 2:51 AM

Apr 2012
best comedy of the season

1/10

Mar 30, 2015 3:15 AM
May 2014
LazerEyeBeam said:
So many plot holes, why does Ange mom know the song and has one of the rings unless the ring she had was actually the one Jill lost, or she was one of Embryo women. In face it would be funny if Embryo was actually Ange father considering he had special taste.

I wonder where they said the new world only were a couple of decades old?

Her mom probably learned it from her own mom. The ring was probably inherited too.
There's most likely at least as many rings as there are ragnamails.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 30, 2015 4:13 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was fucking terrible, I couldn't even last 8 minutes.
I skipped it...the second part of the anime was not as good as the first part, in fact the 2nd part is pretty mediocre
8/10.
Embryo-sama will live forever in my heart.
Mar 30, 2015 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
The easiest 1/10 I ever gave.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 30, 2015 5:23 AM

Oct 2014
Well, an amazing ending for (imo) an amazing series (unlike A/Z). Hope we get an ova or something
why
Mar 30, 2015 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
Lol this was so bad XD But charming in a way 8)
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 30, 2015 7:11 AM

Nov 2014
Sunrise please give us some OVAs, this is show deserves it the most out of anything you have done since Geass.
Mar 30, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that closes hastily what was to be the moment that everyone was waiting, but no, as long as it was the climax of the entire TV series.
Narrative that disappoints me because retraces too well roads already seen and re-seen in other TV series.
Overall even designs and fights are suited to a denouement worthy of note, but do not show the poor quality that we have seen previously, at least that we have been spared.
A little bitter, but not too disappointed, however this TV series could give much more since the beginning really exciting and out of the norm, what a pity.
The finish is a cliché that was popular many years ago, but at least the game ends here.
Overall rating of 6.5 / 10!
Mar 30, 2015 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
Tusk confirmed to have the biggest harem ever.

5/10
Mar 30, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2007
You know, this is the first time I am actually willing to watch a hentai if it's about Ange x Hilda. Anyone notice the looks Ange, Hilda and Momoka in the end? HUE HUE.
Also, kudos to Ange's annoying little sister actually also starting being human. Guess killing people runs in the family. And yes, Café Ange. I also love the fact that Ange wore Jill's cape (it was Jill's captains cape, right?) at the pic with Salamandinay before Aura.

-cough- Now to a more serious topic. Dafuq with the horrible animation in the latter half. That was just sad. Even in the final scenes there were lots of crappy drawn scenes with Ange and Tusk (just look at their eyes) and I believe there was even one shot where Ange's hair wasn't correct... Even the waves when the ship landed, oh man, anyone saw that big-ass failure?
Also, yes, Embryo was just non-sense. Introduced way too late as well. I guess that is what greed does to you (or just when staff isn't working as they should, you guys should check out Shirobako if you haven't, about making anime!) I was really disappointed how there were no longer real plottwists after the dragons being human too, and such. The ending was one predicted anti-climax. I demand OVAs.

Despite all the inconsistencies and stuff not working out as well (but I predicted that already), I really love this show. Especially because of Ange's character. Even during her sexy times she was actually a goshdarn WOMAN and not some dweeby shoujo-girl. I loved the raw edge of Ange, and I am glad she still had it in the end. A bit. She didn't destroy the world with Hilda. Disappointment!

Can I say once more how much I loved this series? Because I was looking forward to every episode every single time. Even in the beginning during the fanservice that seemed unneccessary. It set things up well enough.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 30, 2015 9:57 AM

Nov 2014
All of the money went into that shitt model kit Gundam. Builders try or whatever is called.

They better use the profit Ange generates on Gintama or fucking hell I'll burn down their shit!
Mar 30, 2015 10:09 AM
Mar 30, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
Show's hilarious. Looks like I may have to visit the other Sunrise mecha I skipped over, if it's also this entertaining.

Did we ever get a full version of the duet in the show? I expected it to play completely during the last episode, but it just cut off at the eyecatch.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 30, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
konatachan80 said:

Nobody forced you to watch if you didn't want to.

..so I guess you didn't have anything better to do with your lives than watching a
series you hate/didn't like :)

Didn't feel like quitting at episode 15. The first 13 eps were great, thought that maybe the show would redeem itself towards the end. Instead it turned to shit.

If I badmouth the show without finishing it, I'd have a pretty uninformed opinion. So I made a conscious decision to witness the fall of Cross Ange and would certainly not recommend this series to anyone.

I think everyone should have the freedom to bitch about a series (in moderation), but petty insults like yours are just sad.
Some people just don't like this show. Get over it.
Mar 30, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
That last fight brought it from a 8 to a 7 for me :/
Mar 30, 2015 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
this ending was so epic. Yeah, it might be cliche, but I wouldn't say that make it bad. When the original OP started playing at the end chills went up my spine xD Also yay Cafe Ange opened up! :D

I'd give this show an 7-8/10. While it wasn't as bad as some people were saying, it wasn't super fantastic, although it was still pretty enjoyable. I'm definitely glad I watched it. The soundtrack was pretty good especially the OPs. Ange got some nice character development as well. The fanservice really was in your face at all times, but I thought the rest of the show was good enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2015 12:47 PM
Dec 2014
TiamatNM said:
FloydBt said:
You know, a lot of people here are comparing Cross Ange to Aldnoah.Zero and saying A/Z sucks compared to Cross Ange. My question to you is.....based on what? Character development? In what universe does constant character rewrites count as character development? Plot consistency? Haha. Man, this isn't even a genderbender anime and yet they can't even keep the genders straight. Sunrise seriously forgot that Aura is a MAN and all massive dragons are MALES when they picked a FEMALE voice for him.

Aldnoah Zero just isn't much fun. The characters are super bland and the plot isn't good enough to make up for it. Not sure what you mean by "constant character rewrites" because I think the characters in Cross Ange had believable character development and their actions made sense for their character. I can't say the same for that moron Slaine in Aldnoah. As for Aura's gender I honestly don't care, it's not important. There are tons of male anime characters with female voices anyway. It's a super minor issue.

Course I didn't watch season 2 of Aldnoah cause I'm not into the whole hate watching thing.

burningfire52 said:
I have a question

In the end, are there still two worlds or just one? Momoka asked what will become of the other world, so does that mean the world Ange is living on and the world Sylvia is on are separate?. I thought that Embryo created two worlds from one and destroying him would have returned the worlds to their original state.

Embryo was trying to fuse the two worlds into a new one. They stopped him so the status quo of having two worlds was maintained. Ange is in dragon world and her little sister is in the "human" side.

Just use Ange as an example regarding what she wanted to do to her world after she escaped execution.

In the cell with Hilda: Let's burn down the world together!
After Jill offered her a chance of join Libertus: Nah, I think I actually like doing what I been doing, despite that being contradicted by every previous episodes
After Tusk and Momoka respawned: I can't let God have his way. It is a shitty world, but I love it!
Back at Aura: Nah, not gonna let God have his way
To Hilda: We are gonna destroy the world together after this!
Chance to kill loli bitch: Nah, I am gonna toughten her up so she can live
After the war: I don't care what happens to that world

The same she was after she discovered that Dragons were actually humans.

To Jill: (Vomits) I am never gonna kill them ever again or pilot Villkiss!
After Salako appeared: Wanted to go back to the way things were and attacked her
When offered a chance to fight together after they reconciled: What if it is a lie?
In Aura: Come on, Jill! Whatcha waiting for? Go! Go! Dragon alliance!

Slaine, on the other hand, is remarkably consistent. Look at his actions after putting a hole in Inaho since that is when people really called him a freaking idiot.

Who is most likely to have the technology to save his love? Who is most likely going to win this war? Vers, obviously. Who is most likely willing to protect Asseylum? The people that need her royal blood (Vers). Would the Vers forces heed her calls to make peace? Obviously, no. Does Vers still desperately need Earth's resources? Yes. Notice a pattern?
Mar 30, 2015 1:18 PM
Jan 2014
Great show. It knows what kind of show it is and gives clean and solid execution till the end without pretending to be something it is not.

9/10 for me -1 cos I kinda want a better explanation for that Tusk YOLO scene.
sosiickMar 30, 2015 1:22 PM
Mar 30, 2015 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
Alektra =/
Of course we would see Tusk on Ange's crotch one more time...
For Hilda and Sala, 5/10...
bittersweetloveMar 30, 2015 6:51 PM
Mar 30, 2015 1:43 PM

Oct 2013
FloydBt said:
TiamatNM said:

Just use Ange as an example regarding what she wanted to do to her world after she escaped execution.

After Jill offered her a chance of join Libertus: Nah, I think I actually like doing what I been doing, despite that being contradicted by every previous episodes
After Tusk and Momoka respawned: I can't let God have his way. It is a shitty world, but I love it!

After Salako appeared: Wanted to go back to the way things were and attacked her
When offered a chance to fight together after they reconciled: What if it is a lie?

Slaine, on the other hand, is remarkably consistent. Look at his actions after putting a hole in Inaho since that is when people really called him a freaking idiot.

Who is most likely to have the technology to save his love? Who is most likely going to win this war? Vers, obviously. Who is most likely willing to protect Asseylum? The people that need her royal blood (Vers). Would the Vers forces heed her calls to make peace? Obviously, no. Does Vers still desperately need Earth's resources? Yes. Notice a pattern?

You kind of misjudged Ange's character my friend. She was "cross" at the mana world for the way they treated her but she also took a liking to the normas at Arzenal & Tusk, which made up her world.

She did seem to be a little into revenge initially but Hilda brought her back down to earth then & there, asking how the heck are the two of them supposed to do that? Ange knew they couldn't, at least not then & there. Revenge might've been nice but protecting her world was much more important to her. I also think that she was mainly caught up in the heat of the moment - it can happen to everyone.

Then came the offer to join Libertus, which she might've accepted despite not liking Jill, but with it also came the reveal of the dragons being humans and the realization that she's gonna be used as a tool to fulfill Jill's plans. Ange HATED being used and she felt betrayed once again.

Is it that wrong to have a change of heart if things aren't like you thought they were? Especially when the desire for something wasn't that strong in the 1st place, and like I said, revenge was never a priority for Ange, just something that she might've enjoyed. A bonus, not a necessity.

Feeling betrayed by the mana society & then knowing that Jill wanted to use her as a tool can be enough to make someone simply not give a fuck anymore, especially when she had like no time to think things over until she went to the dragon's world. But she couldn't live alone either and she still had her own circle that she cared about. It's when that very circle is threatened that she takes up the leadership mantle but that was out of necessity.

Ange IS consistent as her personality remains mostly the same throughout the show ever since her fall from "grace" as a racist hime of the mana society - she just start's opening up more to a few people, which is perfectly normal.

What you wanted is for her is apparently to have a consistent goal to pursue, like Slaine did, but she did not. If you want, you can consider looking out for herself & her close ones, which includes the world they inhabit, to be her goal, but it's a goal to actively pursue only when something's threatening them.
ManlyTearMar 30, 2015 1:46 PM
Mar 30, 2015 2:30 PM
Sep 2011
ramenshojo said:
If I badmouth the show without finishing it, I'd have a pretty uninformed opinion. So I made a conscious decision to witness the fall of Cross Ange and would certainly not recommend this series to anyone.

^ All of this. I love how people are like...

"You can't criticize it if you've only watched the first/first five episodes."

"You can't judge it if you didn't finish it."

"Why did you watch it all if you didn't like it!?"

When the show first aired, everyone who had any complaint was labeled a SJW simply because of the show's fanservice (and whatever you call that physical scene) content. Now that Crass Ange has had plenty of time to show us that it doesn't know what it's doing in the writing and art department, there's a lot more reason for people to not completely love this show.

I kind of agree when people say that it should have been a straight-up hentai. Those at least know what their priority is.
Mar 30, 2015 2:43 PM
May 2014
ramenshojo said:
konatachan80 said:

Nobody forced you to watch if you didn't want to.

..so I guess you didn't have anything better to do with your lives than watching a
series you hate/didn't like :)

Didn't feel like quitting at episode 15. The first 13 eps were great, thought that maybe the show would redeem itself towards the end. Instead it turned to shit.

I think everyone should have the freedom to bitch about a series (in moderation), but petty insults like yours are just sad.
Some people just don't like this show. Get over it.

Well, at ep 15 I'd agree it would make sense to finish it.

However those with similar comments tend to be those that slammed a series from
episode 1 or thereabout, and keeps whining at the ending episode..hence my comment.

There are some, like you, that apparently didn't. My bad.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 30, 2015 3:05 PM
May 2014
ASTRO999 said:
Theorder14 said:
So Tusk is the only male on the new earth? lol

Yeah that was srsly bugging me too :D :D only hole in otherwise nice ending.

Not really. The huge dragons are male, and all females from the old world
can transform into dragons..so, well.

He's the only entirely human male, so he still could've had a "harem" among those
from the "new" world if Ange allowed it..which is as likely as a snowball in h*ll.
-- Lord fifth
Mar 30, 2015 5:48 PM
Dec 2014
MgMaster said:
FloydBt said:

You kind of misjudged Ange's character my friend. She was "cross" at the mana world for the way they treated her but she also took a liking to the normas at Arzenal & Tusk, which made up her world.

She did seem to be a little into revenge initially but Hilda brought her back down to earth then & there, asking how the heck are the two of them supposed to do that? Ange knew they couldn't, at least not then & there. Revenge might've been nice but protecting her world was much more important to her. I also think that she was mainly caught up in the heat of the moment - it can happen to everyone.

Then came the offer to join Libertus, which she might've accepted despite not liking Jill, but with it also came the reveal of the dragons being humans and the realization that she's gonna be used as a tool to fulfill Jill's plans. Ange HATED being used and she felt betrayed once again.

Is it that wrong to have a change of heart if things aren't like you thought they were? Especially when the desire for something wasn't that strong in the 1st place, and like I said, revenge was never a priority for Ange, just something that she might've enjoyed. A bonus, not a necessity.

Feeling betrayed by the mana society & then knowing that Jill wanted to use her as a tool can be enough to make someone simply not give a fuck anymore, especially when she had like no time to think things over until she went to the dragon's world. But she couldn't live alone either and she still had her own circle that she cared about. It's when that very circle is threatened that she takes up the leadership mantle but that was out of necessity.

Ange IS consistent as her personality remains mostly the same throughout the show ever since her fall from "grace" as a racist hime of the mana society - she just start's opening up more to a few people, which is perfectly normal.

What you wanted is for her is apparently to have a consistent goal to pursue, like Slaine did, but she did not. If you want, you can consider looking out for herself & her close ones, which includes the world they inhabit, to be her goal, but it's a goal to actively pursue only when something's threatening them.

I find it so amusing that a critic like me watched the anime more closely than a fan like you.

1) Assuming you mean their jail cell scene, Hilda was all for it after two minutes. What is this nonsense about the plan being impossible? Putting aside Ange's plan, the only reason paramails have short range was because they are deliberately given barely enough fuel for a single combat sortie. Until the arrival of the fleet, neither Ange nor us had any reason to believe that the mana humans even had a decent military of their own (not sure where they hid it).

2) You mess up your chronology there. Ange wasn't going to accept and then Vivian was spotted at a very bad time. Jill had finished her story and made the offer already. Ange considered and flat out refused her.Dragons didn't cross her mind (strangely enough) until afterwards. In addition, for what reason would dragons being humans change her? Before and after the big invasion, she had zero problems pointing her gun at humans and shooting to kill. About being hated being used, when was she never a tool? She just assumed that it was just to kill Dragons.

3) I'm sorry, but minus saints, after what they did to her, who in their right mind would treat revenge as a little bonus? Especially after the massacre? Don't give me any nonsense about having no time to think. Being on the True Earth was by no means relaxing for her. Even when she finally had time to relax, the Dragons were already mobilizing for their "final" battle and Ange had until morning to decide what to do.
Mar 30, 2015 6:03 PM
Dec 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Cross Ange knows how to go out with style and finesse. It teaches us the greatest lesson of all - that shit is tough and you gotta chin up and deal with it. What's more, it taught us that simply not giving a fuck is the best way to show you care. Magnificent, I can only admire Ange and her lecture to Embryo about why he couldn't get no pussay. Well, without raping of course. That waifu collector wasn't worthy of Angelise-sama. Loved the speech about the norma and why they're all women. Embryo has 99 problems and they're all Norma.

Tusk is always getting a taste of the Great Divide and this time it was well earned. My sides hurt from watching Hilda booing Tusk in the background. As much as I ship Hilda and Ange, I must concede this victory to our good man Tusk. Good on you for founding your own nation Ange, you make the greatest ruler yet by simply not giving a fuck and doing as you please. LOL'd so hard at Sylvia in the other world. Fucking Tomb Raider lookin' bitch needs to get put down before she dishes out any more cheesy Hollywood one liners.

Well as a whole this turned out to be a real surprise. I'm in complete shock and awe at how brilliant this series managed to become as a result of embracing its over the top stupidity. It always managed to outdo itself each episode, making my jaw drop just a little closer to the floor each time. This was truly Kakumeiki Vulvarape's spiritual successor and has only built my trust and faith in Sunrise even more. The mix of absurdity and violence couldn't send more mixed messages.

And let's not forget the nudity. Cross Ange stood before me, its arms and legs spread wide shouting "HERE I AM RATOHN, I AM NAKED AND I AM ART!" It's ironic though because when Cross Ange got serious, it was actually really good. However, it was precisely because it rarely took itself seriously that it was so charming and memorable.

8/10, I can only await the day that Sunrise decides to raise its wager and blow my mind once again.

FloydBt said:
Sunrise seriously forgot that Aura is a MAN and all massive dragons are MALES when they picked a FEMALE voice for him.
Has Cross Ange taught you nothing of gratitude and humility? Men are wicked, Aura was already identified as the mother of the DRAGONs. Much like the Norma, she bears children for the future's sake, which pitiful men cannot hope to achieve.

"Aura, our great progenitor who first adapted his flesh to this polluted Earth....The men transformed into massive dragons....The women, at times, transform to work alongside the men.....Aura is no longer here.....He was taken....."

That is almost word per word what Salaka said when she told Ange the truth about the Dragons.

Now, based on that, how am I supposed to treat Aura as a female?

I am a big fan of Aldnoah.Zero. However, if they pulled the same stunt with say Grandpa Vers or Asseylum, I would still say it was bull.
FloydBtMar 30, 2015 6:16 PM
Mar 30, 2015 6:11 PM

Aug 2014
FloydBt said:
"Aura, our great progenitor who first adapted his flesh to this polluted Earth....The men transformed into massive dragons....The women, at times, transform to work alongside the men.....Aura is no longer here.....He was taken....."

That is almost word per word what Salaka said when she told Ange the truth about the Dragons.

Now, was that the subs, or what was actually said? Subbers mistake gender all the time, because Japanese can be ambiguous.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 30, 2015 6:23 PM
Dec 2014
QuattroVaginas said:
FloydBt said:

Now, was that the subs, or what was actually said? Subbers mistake gender all the time, because Japanese can be ambiguous.

If you are so sure that was a long series of translation errors and I assume you actually speak japanese, go back to that episode and tell me what it really said.
Mar 30, 2015 6:25 PM

Aug 2014
FloydBt said:
QuattroVaginas said:

If you are so sure that was a long series of translation errors and I assume you actually speak japanese, go back to that episode and tell me what it really said.

If I was sure, I wouldn't have asked you a question. You were the one that sounded sure that was what was said, so I assume you would have checked beforehand. Or speak Japanese.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 30, 2015 7:13 PM
Dec 2014
QuattroVaginas said:
FloydBt said:

If I was sure, I wouldn't have asked you a question. You were the one that sounded sure that was what was said, so I assume you would have checked beforehand. Or speak Japanese.

I am doing exactly the same thing as you, using the subs. However, since I am 90 percent sure we are using the same subbers and you are confident with your translations, I do not see why that would be an issue.

One more thing. It is already established that the massive Dragons are males. Based on what Salako said, it is primarily the job of the males to decontaminate. Females only occasionally help. Why would Aura be the only female that needs to be a massive multi eyed ugly massive dragon?
FloydBtMar 30, 2015 7:34 PM
Mar 30, 2015 10:40 PM

Apr 2009
@FloydBt

Ange is consistent in that she hated the world in general but she does care about her friends. It makes sense she would hate the world with the way society treated her but she did grow to care about the other Normas, Tusk, Momoka, Salamandinay&co, etc. If Embryo has his way and fuses the worlds the people she cares about will die and she will oppose that. She hated the mana user world that Embryo had created, and good for her that "world" did end up getting destroyed in the end.

Slaine's actions didn't make sense to me in season 1. Spoilers since not everyone who finished Cross Ange watched Aldnoah

TiamatNMMar 30, 2015 10:51 PM
Mar 30, 2015 10:53 PM

Mar 2014
What a masterpiece! 10/10

Also, they're going to start a new world and Tusk is the only guy so...
Zanos1Mar 30, 2015 10:57 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 30, 2015 11:04 PM

Jan 2013
VegettoBanchi said:
Sunrise please give us some OVAs, this is show deserves it the most out of anything you have done since Geass.

I can agree with you on that one.
There is so many things missing.
LOL.
I feel like this isn't really the end of Cross Ange.

Don't know why, I feel like we may get more of this.
Also, how do you have your icon appear?D:
My icon is Tusk, but I can't seem to get him to show when I post stuff. >w>
Mar 31, 2015 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
So, Tusk has to duty to repopulate the norma/human race? What.
Mar 31, 2015 4:05 AM

Dec 2013
Fun ride. The levels of stupidity and ridiculousness are beyond, but so is enjoyment watching this. It completely surpassed my expectations. I'm torn between 6 or 7. I'm gonna miss it. :/
Mar 31, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
ShionxChan said:
VegettoBanchi said:

I can agree with you on that one.
There is so many things missing.
LOL.
I feel like this isn't really the end of Cross Ange.

Don't know why, I feel like we may get more of this.
Also, how do you have your icon appear?D:
My icon is Tusk, but I can't seem to get him to show when I post stuff. >w>

Yes! I'm dying to see some slice of life Ange and company.

There might be a second season. I would love that.

Edit your avatar, is not the same as your profile pic.
Mar 31, 2015 8:23 AM

Oct 2013
FloydBt said:

I find it so amusing that a critic like me watched the anime more closely than a fan like you.

1) Assuming you mean their jail cell scene, Hilda was all for it after two minutes. What is this nonsense about the plan being impossible? Putting aside Ange's plan, the only reason paramails have short range was because they are deliberately given barely enough fuel for a single combat sortie. Until the arrival of the fleet, neither Ange nor us had any reason to believe that the mana humans even had a decent military of their own (not sure where they hid it).

2) You mess up your chronology there. Ange wasn't going to accept and then Vivian was spotted at a very bad time. Jill had finished her story and made the offer already. Ange considered and flat out refused her.Dragons didn't cross her mind (strangely enough) until afterwards. In addition, for what reason would dragons being humans change her? Before and after the big invasion, she had zero problems pointing her gun at humans and shooting to kill. About being hated being used, when was she never a tool? She just assumed that it was just to kill Dragons.

3) I'm sorry, but minus saints, after what they did to her, who in their right mind would treat revenge as a little bonus? Especially after the massacre? Don't give me any nonsense about having no time to think. Being on the True Earth was by no means relaxing for her. Even when she finally had time to relax, the Dragons were already mobilizing for their "final" battle and Ange had until morning to decide what to do.

Nonsense? Hilda was laughing it up and her & Ange were deserters that were stripped of their money and other possessions(such as Zola's room that Hilda bought). It'd be nonsense to actually believe that an entire base would follow two deserters.

Her talk about destroying the world with Hilda was a spur of the moment thing. Why am I so sure of that? Because throughout the show, Ange doesn't pursue revenge on the world, nor talk's passionately about it save for that one time in the cell with Hilda. You're desperately trying to find inconsistencies in her character by focusing on what she said one time on impulse instead of paying attention to her behavior throughout the show.

The moment she got out of jail she was happy to be with Arzenal again. Part of the discussion in ep 12:

Ange: I'll see things with my own eyes and decide for myself. I won't let anyone make me do anything.
Jill: So you won't join Libertus?
Ange: I don't hate it...Killing DRAGONS, making money and buying what I want. I don't hate my life.

Afterwards Jill has this crooked smile on her face, probably amused at Ange for saying that when she doesn't know what she's actually killing. Keep in mind that Ange did say that she'll see things with her own eyes and decide. If all or the majority of the normas decided to join Libertus then she'd probably go with them anyway, as she wouldn't have much of a choice.

Finding out that the dragons were human and knowing that Jill omitted that one "little" detail pissed her off to the point where she really flat-out refused to join Libertus, but she most likely never thought what she'd do afterwards. Ange's impulsive, not inconsistent. She was content with killing dragons for a living but she didn't give much thought about what to do when that was no longer possible. And she pointed her gun at people who threatened her, which is a given. The shock also came as she remember her brutally killing that dragon in the island with Tusk, although it was to defend herself. I don't know if she would've continued to kill DRAGONS if the big invasion never happened, but in that moment, she was pissed for not being told what she was killing.

When she ended up on the Old Earth, all she knew was that she wanted to join the normas again. She's not exactly Lelouch to plan things in advance or have a constant goal to pursue, but she had what to defend. Ange was for the most part, doubtful.

Also, she did have more time to decide what she wanted to do on the Old Earth while knowing the story about the mana society, the Old Earth, Embryo the DRAGONs and also keeping in mind what Arzenal had to be abandoned. She had none of this info when she was in jail. Everything happens very fast after her discussions with Jill in the bath. She find's out that dragons are human, then the invasion comes. Compared to that, about a day to think things through sound's much better.
Mar 31, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2010
Shit was so bad it actually become good.... Still better ending than A/Z shit....

Finale - 2.5/5
Series - 6.5/10
Mar 31, 2015 11:36 PM

Sep 2014
Aight, I loved this shit. I don't care what the haters say, this was awesome.

I'm surprised the 7 girls of First Troop actually made it to the end. RIP Jill though

lol @ Hilda in the background. Soooo jealous
Mar 31, 2015 11:46 PM

Mar 2012
The mecha fight scene was good but the plot boohhh.. 6/10.
Keep moving forward
Apr 2, 2015 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
10/10 at making elitists angry.

Despite flaws, it remained entertaining and amusing all the way trough. Action + music (if the show was Salamandinay singing it would get a 20/10) and some laughs (some unintentional).
Embryo had potential but he sucked. And Tusk sucks even harder.

I did like a lot what they did with Ange.
Apr 2, 2015 3:58 PM

Oct 2014
Thought that this anime was very entertaining as well as very unique in a way. The producers seem to have taken shitloads of more risks creating this and making it more controversial which I have a tremendous amount of respect for.
Improvements could have been done though, especially with the art/animation.

Overall I give this show a 8/10, it deserves to be higher on the MAL ranking imho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2015 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
meh! 6/10
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Apr 4, 2015 3:23 AM

Mar 2014
What a ride this show has been and boy this did not disappoint!

The plot was enjoyable for the most part, a couple twists and turns here and there but it was mostly predictable with the direction it took.

The characters were all very distinct and were fun to watch....whether that be to see them succeed or to see them fail. Ange was a great main character and her development was nice. Tusk was pretty average but he was entertaining. Everyone else has their ups and downs.

The art and animation was for the most part pretty bad though i never particularly cared. I loved the character designs though. Plus the way Ange's hair grew throughout the series was a small detail that i thoroughly enjoyed. (Haven't seen too much of this in anime)

The music was great and i especially loved the ED. The soundtrack fit the mood pretty damn well.

Overall i had a great time with Cross Ange from beginning to end. While my enjoyment rating would be an 8/10, objectively I'd have to give it a 6.5/10 (rounded up to 7). The amount of such glaring plot holes (Tusk...you're our lord and savior but please explain how you didn't die), fan service galore, and crappy animation brings the score down.

That being said i would recommend the show if you're just looking for a fun time. 7/10
Apr 4, 2015 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
So that's why all Norma are women.
Who cares about the other earth now.
I mean, Tusk should be enough ;)
The greatest ending of all time ^___^
Apr 4, 2015 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
This anime needed more battles like this one... and more singing.
Salamandine's mech is insanely hot!

This was a fun ride. 7/10 (good)
Apr 5, 2015 6:56 AM

Oct 2008
It finally ended.
Ange resisted Embryo fucking by singing! yeah right...
Ninja Tusk was cool. and oh!...what a hilarious (nekkid Ange) catch by Tusk!
Sylvia totally changed! shes like a mercenary.
It was a good ride 7/10.

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.