Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 2, 2010 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
Again ?
Oct 13, 2010 4:01 PM

Nov 2009
Awe Sataco has a brother!!! her poor family!!! ='( and Rika was so cute X3 lol good thing Sataco came over or Keichii would have surely set the house on fire... good thing he didnt haha... and WOW Coach wants 2 marry Sataco!!! AWKWARD!!! i was like ew that pedophile!!! ahaha then he was talking about adopting her and that would be fine and nice but who knows he might rape her while shes sleeping!!! but yeah... poor Keichii came to the baseball game with a golf club... i would have been so embarrassed to XD good epi all in all =)
Oct 14, 2010 11:39 PM

Mar 2010
so i find out that everyone is just a spaz all over again

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 2, 2010 3:49 PM

Aug 2010
Sometimes Keiichi's head aint all there either.
Nov 11, 2010 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
Whoo psycho Rena is back. These 'normal' episodes at the beginning of each arc are a bit weird after the brutality of the last episode XD
Dec 31, 2010 10:39 PM

Dec 2010
I can't beleive noone said anything about Shion!!!!! Think about the very first arc. Before keiichi batted the shit outta mion and Rena, he was asked by them if he really did like to play baseball. He hesitantly lies and says yes and so mion tells him wait for the manager to come. No matter how many times he asked who the manage was, they laughed hysterically and said "the managers the manager". Looking at this episode, it appears that shion is indeed the manager and just as what had been said in the first arc, shion says "a managers a manager" which definitely proves she is. What this entire thing means in questionable. I'm thinking shion is the bad one that is causing all the trouble somehow. But I can't piece together even half of a conclusion. It's a good thing this anime has been finished cuz I just wanna wath everything in one go if possible.

Off topic but... I can't believe I'm watching this show on new years eve and even continuing till after midnight in which Its now a new year. Well I guess all I can say is happy new year!! Bring on 2011 (and 2012 if you beleive in it.....MWuauahahahaha *imitates Rena/mion*)

Feb 17, 2011 6:30 AM

Dec 2010
Nice to see the link with the last arc-first proper appearance of the 15-nail torture. And I'm convinced that body in the first scene is indeed Satoshi, but could be wrong...

Wooh, creepy Rena is back!! But Mion seems pretty normal in this arc, while Shion is the creepy one. Hmm...
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jun 4, 2011 12:10 AM

Oct 2008
:|
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 5, 2011 12:09 PM
Jul 2010
New reset! I'm actually starting to like this... Creepy Rena is amazing but I wonder what everyone means when they say that Satoshi trasferred. It's just damn creepy.
Jul 6, 2011 4:19 AM

May 2008
I was eating when the episode started xD
Jul 6, 2011 6:20 AM
Dec 2007
DesolateOne said:
I can't beleive noone said anything about Shion!!!!! Think about the very first arc. Before keiichi batted the shit outta mion and Rena, he was asked by them if he really did like to play baseball. He hesitantly lies and says yes and so mion tells him wait for the manager to come. No matter how many times he asked who the manage was, they laughed hysterically and said "the managers the manager". Looking at this episode, it appears that shion is indeed the manager and just as what had been said in the first arc, shion says "a managers a manager" which definitely proves she is. What this entire thing means in questionable. I'm thinking shion is the bad one that is causing all the trouble somehow. But I can't piece together even half of a conclusion. It's a good thing this anime has been finished cuz I just wanna wath everything in one go if possible.
Actually, they really meant the coach. notice they use the english word for "manager" and the actual japanese they used which was translated to Coach is the word used in the first arc. Furthermore, in the game at least, they first tell him that the doctor was coming to check him for injuries. After they go to the first floor and come back they start joking with him and tell him the manager (coach) was gonna be happy that he's playing baseball and that he was coming. Since Keiichi didn't know Dr. Irie was also a baseball coach he assumed they called this manager/coach stranger to kill him.

Jan 12, 2012 2:05 PM

Dec 2009
Eh interesting... I think I'm getting the hang of the series already (maybe not), I want something truly unexpected to happen lol
Feb 21, 2012 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is so crazy :'D
Mar 3, 2012 7:45 AM

Jan 2012
I wonder what happened to the little shot of the future where someone's getting killed, like in the first two arcs(with Keiichi and the baseball bat and Rika and the knife).
Lemme smang it girl.
Mar 12, 2012 5:51 PM

Apr 2011
teasaveslives said:
Nice to see the link with the last arc-first proper appearance of the 15-nail torture. And I'm convinced that body in the first scene is indeed Satoshi, but could be wrong...

Wooh, creepy Rena is back!! But Mion seems pretty normal in this arc, while Shion is the creepy one. Hmm...

I think that it was Satoshi's body too!!
perhaps the murderer had finally dumped his body...
and the ladies found it tortured, in garbage bags.
Mar 15, 2012 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
This back and forth between psycho Rena and psycho Mion(Shion too) is part that disturbs me the most. It really makes you question who they "really" are, or which reality is the one that matters. (On the assumption that all these alternate realities will lead to a final all-important arc.)
Mar 29, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2011
Heh little talkie with Mion, Rena and Keiichi <3
Rena snapped and started act like freak and after Mion slapped her... she was normal herself... again
I like more her "evil" side :) She just feel more matured on that side and serious.

I just don't know why, but I can't get off this scene from my mind...
GaichiMar 29, 2012 1:53 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 24, 2012 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
This show is truly messed up but still interesting to watch.
Jun 27, 2012 9:44 AM

Jul 2010
Maan, why does Rena have to be the demon this time?? When she's scary like that, I imagine Nagisa, and I'm like.. this just doesn't fit lol.
Jul 19, 2012 5:07 AM

Jun 2012
hmmm idk why but i feel each arc is trying to explain something.....like giving more pieces to the puzzle.....or is it just me overly thinking? (puts hand over head hahaha)
Jul 30, 2012 8:38 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty much the bad one is Rena now? Appart from getting knowledge to understand previous arcs, I don't see how they are related, yet..?
Nov 14, 2012 1:04 PM

Oct 2012
Piroko said:
I assume the demon soul is now in Rena, rather than in Shion in the last arc :P

That was totally what I was thinking..

Also Sotashiro was in that well in the chapter before then :P..
And Oyashiro's demon possessed Rena from the past so that is why she broke the windows with a bat before (Info in first chapter )
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 18, 2012 1:21 AM
Jan 2012
It is getting a bit boring and the new character is pretty meh, he looks like a Clamp character.

I hope the Psycho this time isn't Rena again :/
Dec 7, 2012 9:42 PM

Mar 2009
I'm getting a little confused.

Which is the actual real timeline, and between arc 1 and 2, where
are they both part of the same universe, or did he never actually go there to start with? Did
Dec 8, 2012 2:52 AM

Aug 2009
Phantom-Brave12 said:
I'm getting a little confused.

Which is the actual real timeline, and between arc 1 and 2, where
are they both part of the same universe, or did he never actually go there to start with? Did

It's a totally different world.

All this makes sense in the 2nd season.
Feb 4, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
Interesting. I wonder is Mion is still evil though.
Mar 29, 2013 6:28 PM
Jul 2012
Skip most half of this episode.
So satosoi worships the shrine. And Rena runs in the shrine. Hmm.
Man I want more answer to this seires already. Getting a little impatient.
Apr 18, 2013 6:56 AM
Aug 2011
I hope this anime does not turn out like "endless eight" from Suzumiya Haruhi.
May 27, 2013 7:32 PM
Apr 2013
So lets see, Mion is possessed but the demon only awakens when something trigger and it doesnt seem like anything will happen to her in this arc. Shion seemed pretty normal in the last arc but when Satoshi was brought up, she seemed really sensitive about it. And Rena seems to go psycho whenever the curse of oyashiro is brought up. So if you put all these things together in the first arc, you could understand why Rena went psycho and mion was probably in demon form.
Jun 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Jan 2013
We finally meet the COACH!!

Remember the 1st arc when Kei beats Mion and Rena to a pulp?! Before he did that Rena and Mion mentioned that coach would be coming to the house! Keep an eye on this man; he is probably just as psycho as everyone else

Shion looked devastated when Kei mentions that he heard Satoshi "transferred." I think it's safe to assume that "transferring" is code for DEAD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2013 2:28 AM
Oct 2012
Hmmmm, so this is the twisted arc where they use bikes? :O
Aug 10, 2013 8:19 PM

May 2013
Dat beginning scene. I tend to say this every time a new arc begins.

Satoshi and Keiichi are really alike, aren't they?

Wait, I think Irie the Coach, who likes little girls, is the coach that was mentioned in the first arc.
I see, all the arcs are related, giving us information in different ways.

Cool, the bat is back.

Something is up with Shion and Rena. I wonder who it'll be in this arc.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 12, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2011
Pedo coach lol xD

This has to be my least favourite arc =S
Sep 16, 2013 5:19 PM
May 2010
It keeps getting more and more boring. I expected more. Sure, some finer details are explained throughout the arcs, but it doesn't help much.
Nov 16, 2013 11:12 AM

Jun 2013
Looks like each arc starts less cheerful now. Keiichi, you might now want to piss off Rena... once she gets that cleaver it will be too late.

That body in the bag hat nails in it's hand... we all know who used nails in the previous arc.

I wouldn't want to be in Keiichi's shoes, he is friends with two (four?) time bombs and looks like running away is not an option.
Dec 27, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
So now we add the doctor to the mix and Rena is the psycho again...lovely.
Jan 14, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
It sure was an interresting episode. There's a few thing I've noticed :

- About every arc beginning, there's always that gruesome scene. The last two scene were surrounder by that green blur. This didn't have that blur. Here's my theory : the green blur mean that it was something that is going to happen in the future. The scene from the first episode happened in the episode 4 and the scene from episode 5 must have happened between the episode 6 and 7. So what I mean is that the corpse we saw at the beginning is probably the corpse of Satoshi, it also seem that it was found into another village. It wasn't green blurred because that murder already happened.

- About the corpse, from what briefly saw, it look like his leg were broken. There was a tons of nail in his hand, which look like the same torture that Mion were using, so we could guess that she is the killer. And finally, his belly was cut open. Maybe it's just a set up or he got killed when the killer opened his belly.

- Mion said that Rena was victim of the curse. But the earlier episode, we saw her pupil go crazy like when Mion was possessed by the demon. This time, her pupil was also weird, but rather to be cat like, it was all expanded.

That coach was fucking creepy xD
I mean, what the fuck, she's like 10? They said their age at the beginning but I don't remember.

One of Keichi recurent flaw is that he's too passive with his friend problem. He always seem to act as a spectator.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 6, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2009
dat pedo coach is past creepy
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 17, 2014 8:22 AM

Jun 2011
Lol guys, I don't think the pedo coach was serious about marrying Satoko.

ninasko said:
It keeps getting more and more boring. I expected more. Sure, some finer details are explained throughout the arcs, but it doesn't help much.

This, pretty much. I am getting tired of the "let's act normal after gone psycho". I think I'll take a small break from this anime. ~.~
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 10:44 AM
Feb 2013
Okay, when we see the new arcs can we assume that the mistake that cause the downfall of the previous arc was corrected? This show is so confusing at times, but so good.
Apr 25, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
I think the beginning scene was supposed to be in Episode 5, and maybe we'll see that beginning happen either in this arc or later? Just a guess of mine.

I like how we learn little by little more about the characters, and although everything gets reverted or what every arc, Keiichi also seems to have learned at least some things, like remembering Shion as Mions twin.
Although he is stupid as fuck...
May 3, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
New chapter...again
Aug 18, 2014 10:44 PM
Dec 2011
so THE DOCTOR IS THE "COUCH" remember in the first chapter rena and mion called the "couch" who came with a bunch of villages to see keiichi at night where mion and rena drug keiichi :3
Oct 30, 2014 9:47 PM

Nov 2013
I gotta say I enjoyed this "first episode" more than the other ones.

That creepy coach wanted to FUCK THE LITTLE GIRL!

Goddamn, first episode of the arc and we're already getting some freaky facial expressions courtesy of Rena.

This face scared me more than it should of. It was so unexpected though...

FunnyRatmanOct 30, 2014 9:51 PM

Nov 2, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
So was the first scene showing the result of the end of last episode? Keiichi with nails through his finger joints, his intestines torn out, his leg twisted and his nose missing? Brutal. Also he had a weird star mark just above his pubes. Or was that the coach guy introduced this episode, perhaps? Also saw another body in the bag that the landlady opened before they spotted Keiichi/the coaches corpse.

Speaking of the coach guy, was that the same "Coach" that they mentioned bringing over in episode 4, just before the injection? So that means he's on the crazy side, too?

Also, crazy Rena is back, unfortunately. Crazy Rena creeps the crap out of me.
Dec 28, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2014

Run bitch... RUN!!!
Jan 25, 2015 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
is nobody else creeped out by the coach? he screamed "pedophile" the moment he came on screen
Mar 28, 2015 10:29 AM
Mar 2013
First eps are so boring
Apr 22, 2015 2:15 AM

Feb 2013
I'm actually not minding these first episodes anymore, they set things up nicely. But damn was that intro scene creepy this time around, actually made me jump a little lol.

Oh and I'm glad to see Shion is back for this arc, I really enjoyed her in the last one. Also I guess Mion is gonna be the sane one this time around lol?
May 16, 2015 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Prelude to terror, that's all I can say.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.