Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2015 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that's how to make an appearance into a shop, bike style. The store manager's defense was also impressive. And for what's worth, the fantasy parts died a bit this episode but it still retains is high energy.

The fierceness of that bike race is worth the watch imo this episode. The language on the other hand felt kinda funky lol

Feb 7, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2010
A pretty interesting place. That rule t o get customers by stuffing food into their mouth, a place where wallets run dry!

Dandy-san lol, he was pretty cool to stop that bike and the place being all about racing.

Himeko having the pressure to succeed her father in his profession. The two captains seems like really understanding people though, not too much on the vice captain part!
Feb 7, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2012
You know I had ta look up what a Shachihoko was! :D

Anyway not really feeling this little arc too much. At least the turf war races are in thematic alignment with the title of the show. Himeko's relationship with her father is kinda interesting too I guess.
Feb 7, 2015 10:53 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Dandy-san was pretty cool, stopping that bike with one arm only. How the hell he understood what the biker was saying though? XD

Himeko's reluctancy to make Shachihiko is somewhat understandable, but I feel like she's giving up too soon.

Tomoki is one cool dude with his speedy bike-taxi. It's most likely him that sent the notice to the Rolling Girls, asking to bring peace at Mie-Aichi.

Decent episode. The "food-hit" scenes were pretty funny though! Those staff members must have some impeccable aim. XD

Feb 7, 2015 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
animefan8800 said:
You know I had ta look up what a Shachihoko was! :D

Yeah google-san was helpful as always :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 7, 2015 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Well, that's one way to meet back an old friend. Food attack!

Now, Himeko, CRAFT THOSE GODDAMN SHIRASOMETHING.

I feel like quatuor have ended up in the middle of a DANDY WAR!! :D
That Dandy was so epic, with his closed eyes and epic mustache. He doesn't have a moon-stone! That hot fucker...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 7, 2015 11:44 AM
Oct 2012
Weird for weird sake continues, which is fine with me.

The ending made me laugh, the touching reunion between the guy and the girl ending with batter fried shrimp being shoved down their throats. There are a few serious shows I want that to happen in. And Chi Bo's true form was revealed as well, hope she likes the cold, though since it was a Dandy suggestion, I am sure it will be fine. And I bet Himeko already has her own art style in the bag.

Another funny touch was when she returned home and the father wouldn't turn around, when one of the neighbors said how beautiful Himeko was he was about to turn around until Himeko downplayed herself and he got pissed. It's little things like this that make the show worth watching.
Feb 7, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
And Chi Bo's true form was revealed as well, hope she likes the cold, though since it was a Dandy suggestion, I am sure it will be fine.

Somehow I didn't make the connection that she might be that little yellow squid thing...odd certainly. :D
Feb 7, 2015 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Was that a Taxi movie reference in the beginning?

Another good episode.
Feb 7, 2015 12:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Interesting city/town or heroes are in this time lol

So far I really like everyone we've been introduced to, particularly Tomoki and Dandy-san (Dat name tho)

Himeko is cool too and I get why she doesn't want to go into the family business but I think that she'd probably surpass her dad
Feb 7, 2015 1:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Already better than last arc.
Feb 7, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2010
I guess you don't need to worry about being hungry in that city.
Tho i wonder what shop owners do ones they drag in someone who can't pay they bill.

Seems to me that the leader of Mei and the Himeko used to be lovers or at least very close and my guess is that that's the key to solving this battle.
I guess we will see next week how it's solved.
Feb 7, 2015 2:35 PM
May 2014
Instantly recognized voice actor for dandy guy, 10/10 voice acting as always. Really like the visuals for Rolling Girls, it's vibrant, crisp and clean, flaring with different colors everywhere and that makes it very eye catching. Other than that, it's been quite mediocre for now but a fun watch nonetheless.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Feb 7, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
I totally love the part where the girls got food stuffing in their mouths or got hit by food and then got forced into going to the Dandy's restaurant because of the rule of Dandy's restaurant.

Dandy was pretty cool by stopping a motorcycle with one arm.
removed-userFeb 7, 2015 2:38 PM
Feb 7, 2015 3:06 PM

Apr 2014
I loved this episode! It was so cute and I just wanna see what's going to happen next! (^^)

I really wished more people were watching this. They may think it is just slice of life, but in actuality it does have an entertaining adventure with likeable characters. :)
Feb 7, 2015 4:14 PM

Oct 2014
That Dandy is great, stopping a motorcycle with one arm. ^w^

Good episode. I already like this arc more than the last one. I wonder how things will turn out next week.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Feb 7, 2015 4:47 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty interesting buildup episode! The guys yelling at Dandy through their motorbikes make me laugh quite a bit.
Feb 7, 2015 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
Got a taste of some Japanese history (I think).
I really want that over the hype moments in the first two episodes it feels like they are slowing down while explaining the world they are living in. I wish they amp it up!
Feb 7, 2015 9:02 PM

Jun 2013
Another good episode^^ These girls are really cute and i can't get enough of the op :)
Feb 7, 2015 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
The rule to throw food in customers' mouths to get them to dine in is pretty amusing ahah.
Feb 8, 2015 12:30 AM

Jan 2013
Those motorcycle guys are crazy.
Rather, the entire town is crazy.
Feb 8, 2015 12:35 AM

Jun 2014
I really love this show. Its unique.
But I really wish i understood what the HELL was going on!
What are these stones? How does one obtain them? Why do they seem to give you powers? What happened during the "great Tokyo war"? When did everything get so wacky?!
What happened to Ma-chan and the rival leader? so many questions! no answers.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 8, 2015 3:30 AM

Nov 2012
well this was the best episode so far, even if that doesn't say much. the story made a bit more sense.
Feb 8, 2015 5:09 AM

Sep 2014
Why is Chiaya a squid?
And also, I find that vice captain hilarious.
Feb 8, 2015 8:38 AM

Feb 2011
flying bikes everywhere XD

that aggressive marketing :o

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 8, 2015 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Another good episode^^ These girls are really cute and i can't get enough of the op :)
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 8, 2015 2:05 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I already like this town. The bikes racing everywhere is really cool. This is already better than the last arc. The aesthetic remains as gorgeous as always.
Feb 8, 2015 3:09 PM
Oct 2010
Escalating surrealism... now we got shapechanging squids.

Funniest way to ruin a moment at the end.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 8, 2015 7:18 PM

Jun 2013
So that border security girl is like Office Jenny or Nurse Joy from Pokemon, huh?
Feb 9, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2011
It's been said before, and I'll repeat it: already better than last arc. Danchou is Dandy indeed.

Although I wish we could have seen the battle instead of skipping to Himeko, I'm sure we'll see it next episode.

I've gotten really attached to the OP, I was enjoying the song and then it just ended.

Chiaya turned into a squid. O.o Maybe that's why animals get attached to her, and the koala didn't seem to like her? It's still a cute form though.

LOL when the typical romantic scene was ruined by getting food shoved down their throats.

Feb 9, 2015 1:07 AM

Apr 2012
rather than a squid, it's an octopus, since squids have that pointy hat and anime octopus look exactly as she did, but yea.......wtf was with her changing, also if she could be an octopus, why would birds even want to go anywhere near her
Feb 9, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Weird for weird sake continues, which is fine with me.

Agreed. Since we didn't end up with Chiaya's mother, any expectations I had for a good plot are gone. Fortunately, I like the weirdness this show uses as fanservice, so I'll probably hang around anyway.

I will still be looking for character development.

It's interesting to see moonlight stones used for something other than direct combat. It seems they can enhance multiple areas, of which one is speed.

Rebelhero said:
What are these stones? How does one obtain them? Why do they seem to give you powers? What happened during the "great Tokyo war"? When did everything get so wacky?!

I'm not expecting answers anytime soon. From a story perspective, this show is failing. It's still pretty fun, though.

I can answer concerning Ma-chan and the rival: They were both hospitalized, narrowly escaping death. Their fight after the roller coaster incident was quite intense, it seems.
Feb 9, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2010
Better than last arc at least....
Feb 10, 2015 6:44 AM

May 2010
That is a weird rule, forcibly taken to restaurant if food lands in your mouth. Tomoki is pretty cool.

Man so much going on. Still a cool episode.
Feb 10, 2015 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Rebelhero said:

The Great Tokyo War was Nudist Beach and Honnouji Academy's war against the Life Fibers. They just call it "The Great Tokyo War" because they don't want to remember such a dark time.
Feb 10, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
Failing from a story perspective??? Not at all, it's not force feeding you knowledge that an ordinary girl like Nozomi wouldn't know or miraculously stumble upon the world's secrets in the first episode. It's being entertaining, getting to know the characters, and slowly giving hints with minor details.

Like the second episode when Chi's Mom was doing an experiment with the Moonlight Stone's that caused a rumble at the amusement park. Nothing was explained, just a short glimpse of it, then the next episode a single sentence stating they need more stones. For what? Who knows, it's something that we will eventually find out.

It's foreshadowing. Good story telling happens as a progression, not a prerequisite. I can't say whether it's good or not, cause it's only been five episodes. But I really like the two episode arcs they are doing. Instead of rushing simplistic stories where they feel flat with no depth to them.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Feb 10, 2015 11:02 PM

May 2013
I wish that food went in fast in my mouth like that. I don't suppose those were free food. Anyway, what was up with those biker dudes? Some war again over dominion for the city. That last scene looked good.
Feb 11, 2015 9:02 AM

Jan 2015
Can i say that the 1st episode was the best?
Feb 11, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
Episode entertaining less well than the previous, you save in extremis because of the right choices in terms of comedy made during the narration.
Plot that good or bad moves, but some interest still unable to provide it.
Drawings not just beautiful, I would say passable.
Overall, the entire episode is saved, but they must make improvements a little everywhere.
Feb 11, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Surprising but I actually enjoyed this episode. I like where things are heading. I find this show is really nice to watch while I draw. :P
Feb 11, 2015 9:03 PM

Nov 2014
Lmao the end...that restaurant rule if they throw the food in your mouth your forced to eat there that is hilarious xD

Great episode...all that bike action was awesome!

Security girl is everywhere :P
Feb 12, 2015 8:59 PM

Mar 2014
Does anyone know how many episodes this show is going to be? Because if it's a standard 1-cour show, I'm getting seriously worried about the overall plot. This episode essentially introduced another Moonlight Stone holder and nothing else. There have been literally no other hint drops as to why these stones are actually important. I suppose I have been lied to when early in the season, people were comparing it to Kill la Kill; I came to expect ridiculously over-the-top action and thus far I haven't really gotten that, just above average action. We haven't gotten any true character development aside from the stuff for Nozomi a few episodes ago either. It's my opinion that SoLs live and die by their characters, and since that is the general direction that Rolling Girls has been taking the past couple of episodes(even if it is life on the road), I would rather it try to live up to that.
And unfortunately, about 30-45% of the humor doesn't tend to find my funny bone.

On the plus side, the art and backgrounds are very pastel-y and nice to look at, and the special effects are pretty nice too. I can't say I'm enchanted by the OP/ED like everyone else seems to be, but they're not ear-splittingly bad either. And the self-contained stories within each episode are fairly well-crafted.
However, there was very little hint of the overarching plot here and our characters are still mostly a couple of traits with little depth to them. That both worries and disappoints me.
Overall, pretty much felt like the start of another filler arc. I'll see where this goes, if the meager hintdrops actually foreshadow anything, if the characters get some development, if the plot actually starts chugging along(boy, that's a lot of IFs...) but my outlook is not good right now and I have no indication yet that it will get any better.
Feb 14, 2015 12:40 AM

Oct 2011
Great service : )
Feb 15, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2011
The more I watch this the more I like it, the thing as a whole is just too damn enjoyable for me. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 16, 2015 12:23 AM

Oct 2008
extreme surrealism.

Mar 31, 2015 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
"So.. dandy!"

I like the new female character. This show is great for explosive fun!
Apr 14, 2015 9:11 AM

May 2012
A bit of a slower episode and more character development but well let's see what's next!
Aug 26, 2015 9:23 AM

Feb 2015
This OP is too good.

Whatever happened to the action from episode 1? I'm missing it.
Aug 14, 2019 6:56 PM
Jul 2019
The first two episodes were really fun, had flashy fights and fluid animation. However I'm not a fan of the direction the show is taking. Its calmed down a lot and it's just a ton of talking about stuff we have no reason to care about. I don't like how everyone just seems to know each other either. The characters also lack any identity of their own, all being pretty similar with some minor differences. I hope the show picks back up, because I had high hopes for it going in.
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Jan 2021
Even after five episodes, Nozomi still annoys me. Her presence as the main character annoys me even more because I have to see her all the time. But on the other hand, Tomoki and Dandy are cool characters, it's fun to see them!

And also Chi-bo getting into the fridge lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

142 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

56 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.