Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 11, 2015 2:18 PM
Nov 2012
Let me guess Embryo is from that dimensional & was shown blowing everything up with his Ragna mail? destroyed all human life, became regretful for what he did & used his god like powers to create an alternative earth. Which might explains why Sala & the dragon girls keep calling Ange false citizens.

Sala next week yesssss. Did anyone else see her dragon wings
Jan 11, 2015 3:18 PM

May 2010
Preview shows that the Miko girl is actually a dragon?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 11, 2015 3:38 PM

Dec 2014
Get it in Tusk!
Jan 11, 2015 4:22 PM

Apr 2013
so ange wanted some smexy time with Tusk? o3o
Jan 11, 2015 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
Fairly slow episode, some story and build up happening. I had a feeling they either wound up in a ruined portion of earth, or the dragon world. But the TRUE earth is the dragon world? Damn. The plot thickens. and it looks like from the preview they are NOT thrilled with ange. I mean, even if her life was in danger she would still mouth off.
Dragon Vivi is SO ADORABLE.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 11, 2015 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
Best timing
Jan 11, 2015 4:49 PM

May 2010
wakka9ca said:
Did some of you watch the past episodes?? This is the original Earth before the "new Earth" with the new breed of sheep humans that were created either in some artificial or alternate dimension. This is not the future. All those inhabitants were probably the original human who evolved into dragons to adapt and were left out in the old Earth.

Also, a convenient love hotel that is still functional after 500 years. This must be some advanced love hotel technology in the future...
You confuse me? Aren't they in the future of the "Misurugi" place which was created together with the introduction of mana?
Jan 11, 2015 4:50 PM

Dec 2011
I don't like the first 5 seconds of the new OP; especially since a friend whom I recommended this anime to is afraid of bondage.

BUT ANYWAY
THIS EPISODE MADE ME SO HAPPY I CANT
I HAVE SHIPPED TUSK AND ANGE FOR SO LONG AND THIS OTP IS PRETTY CANON NOW LIKE HELP
IT ALSO HELPS THAT I SHIP THEIR SEIYUUS EVEN THO MIYANO MAMORU IS MARRIED LOL BUT I CAN DREAM BYE
SatsuyoJan 11, 2015 4:53 PM
Jan 11, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2014
Cockblocked by a dragon.
So a hotel room is perfectly functional WITH RUNNING WATER AND ELECTRICITY and all after 500+ years of destruction. Makes sense.

Cross Ange is downright... generic now. Was I suppose to oogle at Ange's "perfect body"? I'm so surprised these girls basically live in a military while being perfect buxoms and having flawless skin. What?

The kiss was still kind of romantic.
Jan 11, 2015 5:19 PM

Mar 2014
This episode went by so fast.

Vivian's reaction made me lol :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 11, 2015 5:22 PM
Jul 2012
So, i'm going to bet that the world we've seen so far is a digital world Embryo made to save the lives of some one the people before the big boom happened on Earth. And some people ran out of time and were left to rot.

Some came to stay alive by turning in DRAGONS, which we see in both the preview and also, the reactors that blew up I think were called "Draconian Reactors." So... thats a theory.

Overall, the episode was mediocre and didn't really stand out that much. Maybe the lack of action?
Jan 11, 2015 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
I see that the OP animation was slightly changed... but still mostly the same.

Wow, a post apocalyptic episode. At least we learn more about Tusk. Not a fan of the forced romance between the two, though.

At last, next episode, we'll see more of that mysterious girl we saw a few episodes back. I was wondering what happened to her.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 11, 2015 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
Loved how Tusk was having his little chivalrous speech and Ange's like "Pfff, don't be so beta, c'mere". That's so her and like, feels fitting for Nana Mizuki's characters. Her song in the background also helped set the mood, only to get cockblocked of course. But I'll give credit to Vivian for not being the one to interrupt(was totally expecting it). She did the right thing: just watch & enjoy the show. Naturally, it ended up with another crotch-landing but Ange seems to be getting used to it now.
ManlyTearJan 11, 2015 5:49 PM
Jan 11, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
WILL TUSK BANG ANGE OR WILL HE GET HIS HAREM?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON CROSS ANGE: TENSHI TO RYUU NO RONDO!
Jan 11, 2015 8:07 PM

Jan 2010
HOLY SMOKEY
Coke block
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2015 8:36 PM

May 2014
Nanet said:
Cockblocked by a dragon.
So a hotel room is perfectly functional WITH RUNNING WATER AND ELECTRICITY and all after 500+ years of destruction. Makes sense.

Cross Ange is downright... generic now. Was I suppose to oogle at Ange's "perfect body"? I'm so surprised these girls basically live in a military while being perfect buxoms and having flawless skin. What?

The kiss was still kind of romantic.

They siphoned electricity off Tusk's vehicle. Water is bit harder to explain though.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jan 11, 2015 10:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
naki12 said:
wakka9ca said:
Did some of you watch the past episodes?? This is the original Earth before the "new Earth" with the new breed of sheep humans that were created either in some artificial or alternate dimension. This is not the future. All those inhabitants were probably the original human who evolved into dragons to adapt and were left out in the old Earth.

Also, a convenient love hotel that is still functional after 500 years. This must be some advanced love hotel technology in the future...
You confuse me? Aren't they in the future of the "Misurugi" place which was created together with the introduction of mana?

No, they think they are in the future but in fact they are in the original Earth.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 11, 2015 10:32 PM

Apr 2010
Conveniently well-preserved love hotel shows up when the plot needs it. *ding*

Jan 11, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2009
oh cmon. they were about to repopulate the world.
Jan 11, 2015 10:39 PM

Sep 2013
Boring.
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Jan 12, 2015 12:28 AM

May 2010
wakka9ca said:
naki12 said:

No, they think they are in the future but in fact they are in the original Earth.
You are saying Misurugi Empire existed on the original Earth? The recorded images show the place being destroyed had the Dawn Pillar in it. Unless the Mana World created a Dawn Pillar in Misurugi Empire that was identical to some Dawn Pillar in the orignal Earth?
Jan 12, 2015 3:33 AM

Jul 2014
More and more of the story is unfolding and I have to say that I like where this is going. Next episode should delve even deeper.
Jan 12, 2015 3:33 AM

Sep 2013
naki12 said:
wakka9ca said:

You are saying Misurugi Empire existed on the original Earth? The recorded images show the place being destroyed had the Dawn Pillar in it. Unless the Mana World created a Dawn Pillar in Misurugi Empire that was identical to some Dawn Pillar in the orignal Earth?

Remind us again and link back this thread if your assumption is correct. I'll remember it too.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Jan 12, 2015 3:39 AM

Feb 2012
Tusk should've stared at those dragons in the eyes and finish like a boss.
No straight sex allowed, only lesbians.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2015 5:55 AM
Jan 2015
So Tusk is also a gentleman..hmm...and Ange, i didnt expect her to provoke Tusk in her personality.

The episode is somewhat normal. Not much impact for me though informative on some details.

I really laugh about the hotel. Mu La Flaga's Hotel. haha. The team cant move on on SEED series. lol

Hoping for more actions and story improvement in the upcoming episodes
Jan 12, 2015 5:56 AM
Nov 2014
KazuhoYoshii said:
Nanet said:
Cockblocked by a dragon.

They siphoned electricity off Tusk's vehicle. Water is bit harder to explain though.

Roman empire built Aqueduct still work after 2000 plus years... so we should assume futuristic water purification system runs on semi unlimited solar power or something lol.

As for the skin.. oh well.. they miss the scars shown in episode 10... :p
i guess Ange should be more sexy with all those battle marks that highlines her POINT
of soaked in blood... bah bah..
- mark for developers of the show lol
Jan 12, 2015 6:32 AM
Feb 2009
For the looks of it, the Misurugi Empire is an alternate version of Japan, created for the new world. You can even see Mt. Fuji in the episode. The planes and ships on the flashbacks were very similar to what we have now, so maybe Japan deployed the Ragna mail in the world war and destroyed everything, leading embryo to creating the new universe.
Jan 12, 2015 8:14 AM
Dec 2014
The survivors seemed to have sort of sealed in those complexes, so I'm guessing they simply suffered mummification. Then again I could be wrong.
Jan 12, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2008
Man and I thought we are gonna get the same Tusk-Ange forest treatment again but glad I was wrong, the episode turned out better than expected :D

So it looks like the ones with Ragna mails can teleport to the true earth :)
Jan 12, 2015 3:55 PM
Nov 2010
At first I was a bit skeptical of getting thrown into the future but I really did enjoy the tension and development between the two.

I've definitely enjoying Ange now. She seems much more complicated and balanced then when she was first adjusting to everything and being a bitch to everyone and everything.

I'm wondering if Vilkiess gonna take them back or they gonna do a total complete transition to this world.... it'd be kinda disappointing, having gotten used to everyone from the old world. Based on the ending credits and preview it looks it looks we might get to see some of the older characters.

It kinda reminds me of Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou because the main character started as pretty unlikeable and then grew on ya. Cept with fan service. and a more serious and darker tone occasionally.
Jan 12, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
WAUW I'm real glad I didn't drop this show. this episode had it all drama, hormones, apocalypse, revelations. I'm feeling like a real lucky sukebe at the moment. Thank you fan service for keeping me around XP

Damn it Sunrise, you've done it again !!!!
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 12, 2015 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
Whoa, that ending was quite subtle! I'm glad Ange and Tusk actually did kiss instead of getting interrupted right before like what happens way too often in other series.

Overall, pretty sweet episode with some bonding time between Ange and Tusk [and Vivian]. Looks like that one other princess gal is finally explained and such in the upcoming episode.
Jan 12, 2015 4:56 PM

Feb 2014
This episode lacked action, but it was still pretty interesting. The Vilkiss saving them and transporting them into the future was pretty cool, and Vivian is a cute dragon! Still don't know how she turns into one though.

But frankly, a lot of the drama in this episode felt forced and, honestly, was kinda cheesy as well. I also felt that there were pacing issues in the latter half of the episode.

But I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Looks like we get to see the kingdom of the dragon princess and learn more about the para-mailers from the other dimension!
Jan 13, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
A cold, this episode is perplexing but think about it, despite having a slow narration, is to understand why.
For the rest it is interesting development avutosi now, but I do not understand the presence of Vivian with Ange and Tusk.
A little too dismissive explanation on past events.
Maybe even 25 episodes can be enough to satisfactorily explain the plot, then who knows!

Cute Vivian in dragon version, but thinking about how many he killed Ange, makes me feel a little sad.
Jan 13, 2015 5:12 AM

Apr 2011
Just when things started to heat up, a dragon interrupts them...great!
Jan 13, 2015 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
I guess they wound up in the messed up world, after Embryo abandoned it. Now, the secret behind DRAGONs should be revealed as well. Liked the background story.

Ange trying to get Tusk to bed her was a bit awkward, though.
Jan 13, 2015 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
delulytric said:
The plot thickens.

libido thickens

Jan 13, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2011
so they accidentally went over to the dragons home world, which may be the real world

Vivi can talk in dragon form :)
Jan 13, 2015 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
klaymore said:
so they accidentally went over to the dragons home world, which may be the real world

Vivi can talk in dragon form :)

Actually she is not talking, they keep her toughs too us viewers understand what she's want, but what Ange and Tusk hear has the roaring on background.
Jan 13, 2015 1:40 PM

Apr 2010
So know we have a vague idea how far in the future they are, seeing as the 7th world war was mentioned it's safe to presume that the story plays at least 600 years in the future.

That aside it's clear to me that they didn't time travel but they just moved to another locations there where several hints to this.
The location they where was Tokyo, Mount Fuji was shown and the Tokyo Sky Tree was also shown tho partly collapsed.
There was also the fact that Tusk had never seen Kanji.

My main question is wether they are in a different world or just on a different part of the world?
If we look at what we have seen so far it's clear that Both Ange's country and that of Hilda where in Europe.
The Misurugi Empire's capital looks like a big French City and the town Hilda was from looks like a typical town you would find in Germany or Austria.
Jill/Alektra mentioned she was from Galia which could be interpreted as Gallia/Gaul which was a region in Europe during the Iron Age and position wise it makes a lot of sense that it's next to Misurugi.
Then there is Misty's country Rosenblume which is clearly a German name but the way it's announced it could also be Rosenbloem which would be a Dutch name so again it's safe to assume that this is a Western European country.
Now there is also the meeting of the leaders and Embryo at that meeting there was only one person that wasn't of European origin.
Based on her looks i would say she was from India but she could have been from a country closer to Europe.

And from that point of view it might be possible that only one or two continent's are inhabited by the Humans that are under Embryo's control.
While other parts of the world belong to the Dragons or are uninhabited.
Jan 13, 2015 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
Points of interest:

Vivian as a dragon is adorable! Love it.

Tusk x Ange gets some development. Love it.

Hotel Mu La Flaga. Love it.

That is all.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 13, 2015 6:32 PM

May 2014
Wow very good episode!
& Btw The OST's are just so amazing...
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jan 14, 2015 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
Tusk X Ange, Nooooooooo...

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 14, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
I guess Mwu La Flaga ship those 2.
Next episode we get Tusk's harem. Bring it on!

wakka9ca said:

Well, if the silly subs are correct. That hotel is named after the guy who made the impossible possible.
Jan 14, 2015 7:55 AM
Oct 2012
i knew this one would be a blast.
The story is getting more n more interesting.
Jan 14, 2015 5:33 PM

Jul 2010
Aww, they were so close to having sex. I enjoy watching Cross Ange much more now than before.
Jan 14, 2015 10:32 PM

Jun 2008
Akamitsu said:
Conveniently well-preserved love hotel shows up when the plot needs it. *ding*

The hotel being in such condition has an explanation. Just look at the name. The man who owns it is known for making the impossible possible as he likes to say.

jackaus said:
KazuhoYoshii said:

Roman empire built Aqueduct still work after 2000 plus years... so we should assume futuristic water purification system runs on semi unlimited solar power or something lol.

As for the skin.. oh well.. they miss the scars shown in episode 10... :p
i guess Ange should be more sexy with all those battle marks that highlines her POINT
of soaked in blood... bah bah..
- mark for developers of the show lol

The scars and flaws are there, just not close enough and also not enough budget to be showing details on skin every moment.
Is not that anime characters have flawless skin. Is just that it can't be shown.
MonadJan 14, 2015 10:35 PM
Jan 14, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
nice episode to bad that dragon and those people showed up at the end there though
and interrupting them :D
Jan 15, 2015 2:38 AM

Apr 2014
MASSIVE c*ck block right in the end!
LOL The preview for next episode, Tusk's Harem incoming~~
Jan 15, 2015 7:19 AM

Dec 2013
So they get ported to the "Old Earth" that's been run down by World War 7 (Seriously? 7? I don't think we could even last through a 3rd or 4th one). The Ancients, led by Embryo, researches a way to dimension warp, discovers a new dimension where girls turn into dragons. They then displace the Dragon Girl civilization by trickery, and steal the "New Earth" dimension.

Of course, this is all conjecture, but it would make a lot of sense. I'm guessing that's why the Dragons keep going to New Earth and attacking them. Also, as those Dragon Girls don't seem to be living where civilization used to live on Old Earth (Ala, no maintenance of old Love Hotels and such *sniggers*), the assumption would be that they built up places where they would be more comfortable with living, i.e. buildings that are similar to those of their own civilization (and not the Old Earth Human ones). That would also explain why those people in the evacuation bunkers were all dead, because they were fighting against those Dragon girls and lost.

Despite Tusk being there to tick me off, I actually enjoyed the actual progression of the story for these past two episodes somewhat. Hopefully they'll explain more stuff next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.