Forum Settings
Forums

Which manga artist has the best art style? Please Explain.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2014
I absolutely adore Robico's character designs and artstyle in general. She draws very pretty/handsome characters without making them look unrealistically attractive (which is practically the norm in shoujo manga). Other exceptional artists that have stood out to me include:

Sorata Akizuki (Akagami no Shirayukihime)
Morishita Suu (Hibi Chouchou)
Yamamori Mika (Hirunaka no Ryuusei)
Akuta Fumie (Sekirara ni Kiss)

For shounen, I am extremely partial to Saeki Shun's art. The dude is also amazing at drawing attractive characters for both genders alike. The art in Shokugeki no Souma is at least 50% of why I love that manga so damn much. dem foodgasms doe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Although I haven't read Tokyo Ghoul, judging from the images I have seen posted around, Ishida Sui seems like he's an insane artist. I've seen some of his full coloured illustrations and daaaaamn do they look amazing.
May 8, 2016 8:03 AM

Oct 2009
ONE PUNCH MAN.
Have you read it? It looks like it's already animated! xD

Also there's Death Note and Prison School. :D

May 8, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
In my opinion, Tite Kubo for Bleach and Ito Ogureto on Air Gear are the best.
Nothing surpasses those two. There are a lot of notable magaka though, like Takeshi Obata and Yusuke Murata.

Miura is overrated. He definitely knows how to place the patterns for each thing to give the effect he wants. It's time-consuming. Besides that, the style is not that great.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
shawnofthedeadzMay 10, 2016 11:09 PM
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
May 8, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2015
Kuroshitsuji, definitely. And One Punch Man is also good, but I consider Toboso's line to be just perfect. Style of Rihito Takarai is beautiful but she gives the vibes like she can't draw an ugly person. But the style it's unique and memorable.

I would not say Bleach, cause it could be better and all but Kubo's progres from the first volume to the recent ones is amazing.
May 10, 2016 10:04 PM

Apr 2016
Lol what am I doing here,I hardly haven't read any manga.but all I can say is that every manamana has its own unique art style. I support bleach and bnha.(boku no hero academia)
May 10, 2016 11:22 PM

Oct 2013

Thread Entitled "Which Manga has the best art style?" Merged Here and Threads Cleaned.
Please note that simple listing responses, i.e. making posts that contains only names, titles, pictures, or 1-3 word replies without explaining why they were posted, do not create discussion and will be removed. In particular, please understand that simply listing a manga or author and then sharing an image is not considered explaining why you made the post. If you do share an image, please elaborate on what attracts you to it as there could be an endless amount of explainable possibilities and discussing these, creates discussion.

shawnofthedeadzMay 10, 2016 11:28 PM
May 13, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2010
-Kaoru Mori for the extreme amount of detail

-Asumiko Nakamura's art is indescribable. It's not exactly delicate, but it's *fluid* and sort of airy; it's elegant even in the psychologically torturous material she deals with

-Furuya Usamaru's art is like a blend of Takeshi Obata, Koji Matsumoto, and even a touch of Suehiro Maruo

-Ai Yazawa is simply sublime in the lines she puts down. They're solid and bring to mind a fountain pen, if that makes sense. Detailed in a very fashionable way.

-Ogawa Chise's art is just a personal favorite of mine. Her version of the lanky BL body is appealing to me.

Things To Keep In Mind:
  • You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.
  • My thirst for anything humanoid (and legal) cannot be contained.
May 15, 2016 8:23 AM
Jan 2016
I don't know if I can say "best" since their style, while beautiful, can be off-putting to some people but CLAMP certainly has one of "favourite" art styles.
May 18, 2016 1:48 PM

May 2015
Kenneth said:
In my opinion, it goes to Takehiko Inoue.

His hyper-realistic drawings when it came to Vagabond were near perfection.
He doesn't only do that, but it also to convey realistic emotions of characters which makes it even better.
He turned a pencil into a brush, what manga artist can do that.. :)

Vagabond art is still great, but does seem sketchy-er these days. The characters faces are a marvel though.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 20, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Araki Hirohiko has some of the best art I've seen in manga.
Steel Ball Run (Jojo Part 7) specifically, his latest finished manga.
The characters are well proportioned, they're all drawn in a consistent and pleasing style and a lot have very quirky outfit choices.
May 21, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Might sound odd, but I simply adore Akira Toriyama's style. It's detailed, but clear, every character looks distinct (though he used to suck at women, as even he points out in Dr. Slump during a 4th wall break, but he gets better), and it just looks so clean, but not freakishly so. And his Dragon Quest monsters are all adorable as hell! Just a single smile beams personality, it makes me happy to kill those damn Bombcrags, but a little guilty on killing things like Bubble Slimes. And sometimes, it's the pose too, Fencing Fox are simply adorable!

But do consider how simple the DQ slime is. It's a very iconic JRPG character, up there with Pikachu and Moogles, but it's so easy that anyone can draw it, even me (and I suck!), yet instantly recognizable. It's simplistic, but it's perfect. Also, it makes an unusually comfortable controller (I have the Slime PS2 controller, I adore it! My friend went to look at it and was surprised when it came off the stand and was afraid he broke it, but I showed that it's a controller, which he thought was awesome).

But in both black and white and color, I like his clean and distinct look as Krillen gets owned again.
May 25, 2016 12:04 PM

Mar 2012
Definitely Yusuke Murata for me. Eyeshield 21 has some of the best drawings I've ever come across. In One Punch Man he continues being awesome.
medmiusMay 25, 2016 10:55 PM
Jun 4, 2016 8:22 PM
Jun 2016
For me, the art style of Nobuhiro Watsuki (Rurouni Kenshin) and Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist) are really amazing and near perfect! The way they draw the scenery, the action scenes, the characters, everything in general. Their art styles alone helped me to really enjoy reading both manga of Rurouni Kenshin and Fullmetal Alchemist.

If you guys haven't read those two manga yet, you should definitely give them a try. Start with one, finish it, and then start on the other and finish that one too. Hope you guys will enjoy these two really amazing manga series. :D
Jun 11, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2016
Takeshi Obata (Death Note)

Perfection. Great proportions, and just overall a nice style with great taste.
Jun 11, 2016 8:25 AM
Jan 2016
Imo, it's Ishida Sui. His drawings make the scenes much more heart breaking, and the gory scenes make it really seem like a horror manga.
"You and your selfish excuses... 'I wanna die,' and 'I wanna disappear'... You just haven't found a reason to live. And believe me, you will really soon. Just don't throw away the life you managed to put back together. It may not be stylish, but.. Live." - Hideyoshi Nagachika
Aug 8, 2016 9:57 PM
Jul 2016
For art style I'm stuck between Takarai Rihito and Old Xian, both are just so incredible and no matter how hard I try I'll never reach their level XD

Takarai- http://65.media.tumblr.com/559f1bc00ae363e75db85ab235452501/tumblr_nmreizDYJm1qev2l7o1_1280.png

Old Xian-
http://img.bato.to/forums/uploads/c98f019c031122c43aa3d15c96525251.jpg
Aug 10, 2016 2:05 AM

Jul 2016
One Punch Man, the drawing is precise, detailed and the art is not idle.
One Piece, the art is creative, also precise, detailed, facial expression of characters are funny

Sep 22, 2020 11:35 AM
Sep 2020
Keeping this thread alive in 2020!

So IMO,
Oh! Great has the best artwork of any manga artist I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen a lot of different manga artists work.
During his 1st major work tenjou tenge, he started working on air gear halfway through and was constantly evolving his art. It became glorious. He doesn’t half ass his art either, every panel of his works are treated with the same care as any other.
Air Gear: https://www.wallpaperup.com/205187/black_and_white_Air_Gear_manga_Minami_Itsuki_Oh!_Great.html
Tenjou tenge:
https://weheartit.com/entry/740820
Biorg Trinity:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/b5da27/art_the_plot_makes_no_sense_but_the_art_pulls_no/

Berserk’s Kentaro Miura is probably the 2nd best artist, because GodDamn lookit that fookin detail
http://rebloggy.com/post/anime-manga-guts-berserk-kentaro-miura-guts-berserk/101959816493
Holee shet

3rd goes to ma boy Chugong, creator of Solo Leveling. While not the most detailed or beautiful. His art is amazingly exciting and gets me hyped up at all the right moments in the story. He knows how to make you feel tense or worried with his art and that’s impressive, especially as a new talent. The story is pretty damn good too.
Sep 24, 2020 4:59 PM

Nov 2018
for me perhaps it's inoue takehiko, he made a lot of realistic drama and the characters expression just says a lot even without dialogue

for the best action sequential, thesedays murata yusuke really steal the spotlight, the details in every panel just insane.. i can frame all one punch man panel on my wall because it's beauty..

and for the (more or less) newcomer, i admire boichi's artstyle with the detailed anatomy and perspective approach in drawing characters. eventho dr.stone is not an action-focused shounen, he pretty much nailed it in emphasizing the movements.

there's a lot of good artstyle really.. to point out who's the best kinda... painful..
every mangakas artstyle has it's charm in their own way >.<
Sep 24, 2020 6:10 PM

Feb 2016
Masami Kurumada is an artist I don't praise enough. It's a shame his storylines are the farthest from my taste one can possibly get.
その目だれの目?
Sep 25, 2020 11:57 AM
Feb 2020
All about taste
What you think looks beautiful might be ugly to someone else
Oct 5, 2020 2:22 AM

Jul 2019
Daromeon. He has risen to be my favourite manga artists of all time. He manages to draw amazing art in only 7 days. The art is very clear and easy to understand. You can clearly see the action a character is doing by simply seeing a panel. The fights looks great. He also can use shadows very well to make some things even more intense. He is one of the only artists that can give me chills while looking at their art. The attention to detail is awesome. Also he gives all the characters or most top tier asses. All of the characters look unique and they are cool to look at. Right now he has only done one franchise and that is Kengan Ashura. I think he also had done something called Ketchup Ninja but it is not on MAL
Oct 5, 2020 4:25 AM

Jan 2015
Made in Abyss easily, on par with Berserk, Oysaumi Punpun and Dead Dead Demons Dededededestruction
Oct 7, 2020 1:16 PM

Sep 2020
q hayashida is the goat. (besides miura, but....yaknow)

incredible backgrounds that all feel lived in and real. interesting panel compositions. gritty, detailed art that captures the grimy ultraviolence of her series so well, while still remaining expressive. it's all so atmospheric, moody, and as disgusting as it should be. i love how she draws people with a real weight to them that you rarely see in other manga. i could stare at every panel she's ever drawn for hours picking it apart. her anatomy in earlier chapters of dorohedoro was rough at times but she quickly improved and has gone above and beyond. she really inspires me.

there is almost no good scans of her work online, i really recommend buying physical copies of dorohedoro and her art book mud & sludge. im posting examples of her work here but just keep in mind there is so much detail these scans don't capture

terbufosOct 7, 2020 5:38 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
2 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

21 by nishant0 »»
2 hours ago

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1056 by Francis_0 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.