Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2015 8:18 PM

Apr 2014
I finished the first season and I enjoyed it a lot so I was excited to find that there's a second season. however, it looks like a lot of people hate it and think it's a filler. I was wondering if I should just not watch this season at all and not get disappointed or just watch it anyway? I can't really think of how they could have made this show bad, it seems so interesting to me

plus I love Akane so I was happy that she was the main character but I don't know whether I should watch the second season or not
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
It's not bad. Just no where near as good as the first season.
Jan 7, 2015 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
its not the worse anime in the world, its still entertaining to watch the second season
Jan 7, 2015 9:13 PM

Apr 2014
alright I decided to watch it anyway, it's still probably good. I'll just try to not compare it to the first one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
first couple of episodes are fine, ep 3 was ok, ep 4 and up is fucking horrible

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2015 5:47 AM

May 2011
It is decent by its own right. People out there just keep comparing this with the prequel and condemning this entirely...them and their double standards; ignore them.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jan 9, 2015 8:04 AM
Dec 2014
grayrebornnhy said:
It is decent by its own right.
It really isn't.
The investigation is frustratingly bad (it is shown multiple times that they could've cracked the case much earlier, which is just a bad move in writing) and the plot only works because people act retarded in just the right way at the right time (mostly without "but they're Sybil drones" as a valid excuse).
The characters barely feel human at times(their reactions are underwhelming at best), the main antagonist (which is Kamui, not the Togane) is just dull for the majority of the show.
The only thing to note left is the action, which is made up of badly interconnected scenes that are rarely interesting and costantly rely on gore to jerk reactions out of the viewer(basically "LOOK ISN'T THIS FUCKED UP" over and over again).

It also has shit writing, and is way more shallow than it thinks it is, which is a fault of the first season too, but we're not talking about season1 here.

It's only decent if you go into it expecting cheap action and don't think too much about the plot, kind of like your average Schwarzenegger movie, only worse bcause no Schwarzenegger character.
qberrJan 12, 2015 5:27 AM
Jan 11, 2015 8:33 PM
Mar 2013
Because it wasn't written by Gen Urobuchi.
Jan 11, 2015 8:43 PM
Jun 2014
It's good watch it. I think people are not open to the thought that since this takes place in a future society that certain things are different and how people react are also different.
Jan 12, 2015 5:28 AM
Dec 2014
ImmaMuggleYou said:
It's good watch it. I think people are not open to the thought that since this takes place in a future society that certain things are different and how people react are also different.
That would make sense if this was a new IP, it's not.
Jan 12, 2015 8:01 AM
Jun 2014
New IP?

I mean the only criticism I could see on reactions people had were the civilians because they don't fight back. However they live in a society where I don't think fighting back is often seen as a valid option.
Jan 12, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
SwiftKilla said:
Because it wasn't written by Gen Urobuchi.
Stop being so biased, the first season wasn't completely written by Urobuchi and you don't know what parts he wrote.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jan 12, 2015 9:40 AM
Dec 2014
ImmaMuggleYou said:
I mean the only criticism I could see on reactions people had were the civilians because they don't fight back. However they live in a society where I don't think fighting back is often seen as a valid option.
That's some selective reading.

The point is, season1 exists, supposedly on the same setting as season2, and people fought back in that, against worse odds even.
A lot of how some characters act in the first half of s2 falls apart once you remember that the helmet riots kinda happened.

This without getting in the whole CC debate, because there's one, it's pretty long and usually comes to the conclusion that season2 CCs are bullshit.
(and let's not talk about the writing, or the characterization, or the schizoid pacing, or how subplots are treated, or how much of the plot makes sense or how almost every interesting thing turns out to be a massive disappointment by the end)

First season definitely wasn't a masterpiece but the sequel just adds more flaws to the already present ones.
qberrJan 12, 2015 9:50 AM
Jan 19, 2015 5:33 PM
May 2014
http://www.animemaru.com/anime-studios-now-only-hiring-writers-who-have-legally-changed-their-name-to-urobuchi-gen/

Lmao he himself said that "Psycho-Pass 2 was by all accounts an unmitigated failure"
Jan 19, 2015 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
jknight97 said:
http://www.animemaru.com/anime-studios-now-only-hiring-writers-who-have-legally-changed-their-name-to-urobuchi-gen/

Lmao he himself said that "Psycho-Pass 2 was by all accounts an unmitigated failure"
Did you not realize that was the anime equivalent of the onion and p4rgaming?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 21, 2015 2:03 AM

Dec 2012
I just finished Psycho Pass 2 and in my humble opinion, no. It's not as bad as what everybody is making it as. I'm not even sure what they're raging about, it just seems like they build on their own momentum of rage and go balls of fury mode.
There are some plot holes and it has its problems, but every anime does. People be raging, but you should really judge for yourself.
Jan 21, 2015 2:11 AM

Dec 2013
I liked it and it provided me a substantial amount of joy and excitement, but it's not nearly as good as S1
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 21, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2011
At first it was alright, but the last 2 episodes really killed it for me.
Jan 21, 2015 3:57 AM
Dec 2014
it just got outsold by Cross Ange, even with 2k DVDs.
vol2 got relased today, curious to see wether it vol1 sold that much due to sequel hype and event ticket, or if nips have shit taste.
Jan 21, 2015 1:00 PM

Nov 2009
Protaku94 said:
It's not bad. Just no where near as good as the first season.
This.
It was entertaining enough but can't hold a candle to the 1st season.
qberr said:
vol2 got relased today, curious to see wether it vol1 sold that much due to sequel hype and event ticket, or if nips have shit taste.
I'm interested to see the sales numbers, too. At the time, I splurged on limited editions of the 1st season's BDs because it was well worth it, but no way in hell I'm spending my money on season 2, but I do wanna know how many people will though. I personally will only order the movie when it's available.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 23, 2015 5:38 PM
Dec 2014
I'm interested to see the sales numbers, too. At the time, I splurged on limited editions of the 1st season's BDs because it was well worth it, but no way in hell I'm spending my money on season 2, but I do wanna know how many people will though. I personally will only order the movie when it's available.
the BDs for season 2 are kind of disappointing, they didn't remove the black blotches that covered up the civillians' remains in ep4 and they also didn't fix the southpark reference scene during that same episode (and of course the off-model faces are still there too).
didn't check ep3 as i don't recall that one having anything fix-worthy.

it's just the TV version on a higher resolution, with a Mika cd drama and a 100pages char booklet.
Jan 24, 2015 2:17 PM
Nov 2012
It's just a slightly above anime for standards these days.

Honestly I feel like more blame could be thrown at the short season than writing. 2 episode mini arcs just work better imo.
Jan 27, 2015 7:21 AM
Dec 2014
CG said:
Volume 1 sold 7k in the first week (and then sold below the cut off line, ending up at around 8k after 3+ weeks) with the event ticket (around 2k were DVDs).
Vol2 sold 5k (1k DVD).
30% drop, more than i expected, less than i wanted, not too bad overall, still way more than it deserves.

For comparison, Cross Ange had a 30% drop too, but Cross Ange's event ticket had Nana Mizuki written on it.
Jan 30, 2015 9:07 PM

Jun 2012
Ourka said:
I just finished Psycho Pass 2 and in my humble opinion, no. It's not as bad as what everybody is making it as. I'm not even sure what they're raging about, it just seems like they build on their own momentum of rage and go balls of fury mode.
There are some plot holes and it has its problems, but every anime does. People be raging, but you should really judge for yourself.

Exactly. I found it to be fun and enjoyable. I watched it almost all in one sitting. It isn't as good as the first season but it's still good. But honestly? Just watch it for yourself. Remember that most of the people on here are nerds who take things too seriously and can't just enjoy something. As a casual anime watcher I found it good but your and other opinions may differ.
Jan 31, 2015 4:46 AM
Dec 2014
people are allowed to like shit (i myself watched Cross Ange until it became boring), people usually argue when people say that said shit is well written or anything more than a derivative work with nothing to its name other than overplaied gore just for shock value, badly directed action scenes and namedrops whose only purpose is fooling the viewer into thinking they'e smart people watching smart "intellectual anime".
just look at the reviews, it's jarring how deluded some people are, Kotaku even has it on its "best anime of 2014" thing

first season had some of these problems too (especially the pointless namedrops), but those still served a bit of a purpose and made an ounce of sense, the character deaths had repercussions and purpose, we were also shown character reactions for more than 12 seconds and the action scenes were just plain better.
Feb 4, 2015 4:32 PM
Sep 2014
I dont understand why is this season getting so much hate.
Yes, true, story is not good as season 1, but everything else is in place.
So, if you liked season 1 you will definitely like this one too.

Plus, you should not care too much about opinion of individuals. Score of the show is high and that enough should be a proof that its good.
Feb 5, 2015 3:08 AM
Dec 2014
NaCro said:
I dont understand why is this season getting so much hate.
read the threads
it's like in western comics when editors force certain writers to write certain stories for certain settings they don't know shit about and don't care about
basically pp2 is the anime equivalent of Robin: Wanted

PP2 is getting a high score because of people that call it an "intellectual anime with social psychological commentary and a deep political plot" or whatever and give it a 9
not exactly bright individuals
things like that are why you shouldn't trust MAL scores too much, or at all
qberrFeb 5, 2015 3:15 AM
Feb 5, 2015 3:11 AM

Apr 2014
Episode 4 made me want to hurt people...

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Feb 8, 2015 11:46 AM

Jun 2012
People are mad because they thought "Oh shit!? Psycho-Pass 2(sequel) is coming!!! What happened to Kogami? Will the monkey investigator(Tsunamori) change and stop being a pussy and naive? Will the Sybil system be terminated or turn to completely omnipotent?, etc... Can't wait!!!!!"
After watching, what are the answers to these questions?

Conclusion, this being considered a sequel is preposterous! Just because it happens after season 1 it doesn't mean it's a sequel, if this season 2 would be called a Spin-Off or a Side Story, it would be an awesome anime. But since it didn't even answered ONE of the bunch of unanswered questions, it fails to be a sequel... That is why people called this a filler which at some degree it's understandable and to make it worse it ends almost like a cliffhanger. This is what the new Movie should be about and the season 2 should have been a proper sequel.
So yes this season is bad but it was really well made as something other than a sequel or canon. I know this is a contradiction but "they" are really asking for it after going to so much effort to do something so pointless to the story.
SnaitaFeb 8, 2015 11:56 AM
Feb 8, 2015 11:52 AM
Dec 2014
Snaita said:
it was really well made
wat
it was poorly written and poorly animated
unless your standard is average adaptation of ecchi LN, it wasnt well made at all
Feb 8, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2012
qberr said:
Snaita said:
it was really well made
wat
unless your standard is average adaptation of ecchi LN, it wasnt well made at all

Was telling it was well made has a spin-off or side-story cause in those they usually don't care about writing... Animation, well it was better than average(worst than season 1 off course) since the animation quality of anime in my opinion is dropping in general year after year.
SnaitaFeb 8, 2015 11:59 AM
Feb 8, 2015 3:06 PM
Sep 2014
Snaita said:
qberr said:
wat

Was telling it was well made has a spin-off or side-story cause in those they usually don't care about writing... Animation, well it was better than average(worst than season 1 off course) since the animation quality of anime in my opinion is dropping in general year after year.

Meh, just ignore this guy, he got stick of hate in his ass and he cant pull it out. He just cant accept that people like something he dont.
And plese Qberr, dont talk shit about people taste, its not right.

I dont think animation changed that much, well maybe did from "New Edit".
I think this season is good intro for the movie.
Feb 8, 2015 3:24 PM
Dec 2014
i accept people liking something i don't and i accept people liking shit
i liked shitty shows too, a lot of them
but if they think a shitty show isn't shit, then they're wrong, and i like telling people they're wrong

and i wish i had saved the webm of the southpark scene from ep4
Feb 8, 2015 7:37 PM
Sep 2014
Yea, i guess you are right. Its not strange at all how over 40 000 people liked the show you call sh*t.
Im sorry, i just cant accept you are calling this show like that. You didnt give a single good argument

If any moderator read this, sry for going off topic :)
qberr said:
Snaita said:
it was really well made
wat

Poorly writen? Maybe little weaker story than previous one, but it was still tense.
Poorly animated? Pfff, if this is poorly animated then i dont know what i good animation.

NarcoFeb 8, 2015 9:57 PM
Feb 9, 2015 5:13 AM
Dec 2014
it's not strange for people to like shit, especially if it's pretentious, just ask yourself how many people believe SAO or SnK to be high literature

tense? the main threat to Sibyl could've been neutered by Sibyl with the flick of a switch at any time
the villain's plans (when he had one) were plain bullshit, they only worked either because characters were idiots for no reason or because everything coincidentally went the worst possible way by coincidence
and let's not talk about Togane, because that guy became pure comedy halfway trough
the movie's trailer spoiling who lived and who died didn't help either

and the animation was like the first season's ep17, but for 11 episodes, so yeah, shit

this is all shit that has been said kind of a lot of times, this is a 2months old show, all of this has been discussed to death in multiple places
it's not that i didn't give a single good argument, you just didn't read it
Feb 9, 2015 7:49 AM
Sep 2014
Feb 9, 2015 7:59 AM
Dec 2014
Sibyl let Kamui inside the brain room because he started whining about it, it wasn't an option to survive, they decided to kill mommy Togane who could easily have killed Kamui

the ep10-11 plan made sense, it was kind of retarded and relied on Sibyl having certain limitations but it did make sense, the mental care bullshit and the hungry chicken thing were full retard

Akane's character is a step backwards from s1's finale, he's incompetent and somehow her moral became "killing is bad" or something

and yes, the only thing that keeps the viewer interested is shock value, cheap shock value
that alone should tell how shit the plot is

as for the graphic quality, no, it's shit
exhibit a: this thing http://i.imgur.com/TKJuMvZ.jpg
that's not even a mid-animation frame, it's a still where other characters were flapping their mouth
and it's like that for the whole sho, with maybe a few decent frames every once in a while

lastly, the show was trying to make the villain's plot much more Sibyl-related than Makishima's (who didn't really care about removing Sibyl until the very end, he was more interested in knowing hat it was) but it completely failed in making him look like a major threat since, again, Sibyl could've ust turned his dominator off at any time but didn't and most of the grievance caused by Kamui's plots could've been prevented if characters hadn't acted like drooling retards and showed no relevant consequence, they barely were mentioned again save for a few times where Akane showed just how bad she had became at investigation and deduction
qberrFeb 9, 2015 8:18 AM
Feb 9, 2015 8:21 AM
Sep 2014
Sibyl didnt know the reason what he is doing untill Akame told them later. Sibyl let him inside because they decided to trust Akame so they dont need to kill hundreds of innocent people. Public would sooner or later found out about that and it would be massive increase of Area Stress Level throughout of city which would make everyone candidate for extermination. With that in mind, everyone would be killed and Sibyl will have nothing to do anymore or there would be riots which would lead to colaps of Sibyl. Either way, it would mean end.

Honsetly, i dont think she killed anyone in this season, i think she actually didnt kill anyone in season 1 either. So, her "killing is bad" make sense.

As for screenshot you send, there is limit they can do on small resolution. They cant make super detailed face on 200x300. Noone can. And i guess that small picture which is shown 1 second in 5 hour long series is quite important.
Feb 9, 2015 9:11 AM
May 2013
The problem with season 2 is that it's poorly written and just about everything was mishandled. At any time Sibyl could switch off the dominators and they didn't, there's no point trying to make excuses for this season. It was so poorly written that you have to overlook things or try to rationalize everything.

For example, why did Kasei want to paint Akane black? Was Kasei/Mummy Togane acting independently of Sibyl? Why did Sibyl need Akane to give them a lecture on a collective psycho-pass when they are so incredibly intelligent? None of these things are clarified and we're left not knowing why Sibyl contradicted itself so much, Sibyl wants Akane black... but at the end Sibyl wishes her a great life... Sibyl doesn't want a collective Psycho-Pass.... oh but now they do, cause Akane said so... In Season 1 Sibyl was an objective, rational and logical system. In Season 2 it acted like a dumb human, it became emotional and sinister and seemed to have lost all rationality from Season 1... I mean, it's such a huge change that it's almost hard to see it as cannon.

Also the new characters were poorly written too. Togane turns into something comical and goes out with a complete whimper. Mika is so lazily written as the "annoying by the book girl". I mean the thing I liked about Season 1 is everyone, in spite of their differences, were rational and 3 dimensional. Ginoza played the part of the "by the book guy", but his relationships with the enforcers was fleshed out. He was angry at his dad, he was sad about Kogami. He wants to follow the rules to keep his psycho pass clear but he realizes the need to go against the rules at times. By the end of the series his character underwent so much change. But Mika? She hates everyone from the start... for no reason. She's jealous of Akanes psycho-pass, she doesn't know how to treat enforcers... and she has no redeeming features at all. There was a great moment for character development at Episode 4 when she sees the horror of Sibyl, yet she seemingly overcomes those and quickly goes back to being an annoying cow who hates everyone for now apparent reason. It's BAD WRITING.

So to answer your question... is this season that bad? Compared to season 1 it is. I find it highly watchable if you completely turn off your brain since it does entertain, but it's so lazily written and shallow when compared to season 1 that it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

I hope the movie and a possible season 3 can save it. The series still has potential to end on a high, but as it stands I'd probably suggest watching season 1 and leaving it at that.
Feb 9, 2015 9:51 AM
Sep 2014
Mika hate latent criminals because her childhood friend got killed in season one. She hate Akane because how she act toward them. Mika doesnt see them as human anymore but as animals which should be killed. As i said before, she is looking for reasons to get Akane demoted and while doing that she found out Sibyl's secret. Once she couldnt get out of it anymore her CC started to climbing and that is when she started to get jealous of Akane psycho-pass. To me, Mika is quite interesting character. But i do agree that that quiet hologram guy is bad so i didnt really pay too much attention to him.

As for Sakuya, i cant remember did he get order from Sibyl to paint Akane black. Later when Akane become a problem he start working with Sibyl, his mother to be correct. Maybe that all was just a test to see is Akane good enough to join Sibyl system. If she cant be painted that means that she can look everything objectivly, without emotions, and that is what they want. Maybe that was his job in general. I dont remember.

Sibyl didnt turn off Dominators because there was no reason in her "logical" way. They were killing those with high CC, which is justified in their eyes. I dont see problem in that.
Feb 9, 2015 9:53 AM
Dec 2014
NaCro said:
Sibyl didnt know the reason what he is doing untill Akame told them later. Sibyl let him inside because they decided to trust Akame so they dont need to kill hundreds of innocent people. Public would sooner or later found out about that and it would be massive increase of Area Stress Level throughout of city which would make everyone candidate for extermination. With that in mind, everyone would be killed and Sibyl will have nothing to do anymore or there would be riots which would lead to colaps of Sibyl. Either way, it would mean end.
since when do they care
oh well, believe what you will

as for the Akane charcter thing, there should be a couple posts about that somewhere in this forum, look them up
Akane's character (in s1) was less shallow than you think

as for the graphic quality, it was like that for the whole show, i just didn't save a lot of it
exhibit B: this webm from the fucking BD http://a.pomf.se/lguddj.webm
like to call it "the southpark reference"
qberrFeb 9, 2015 11:46 AM
Feb 12, 2015 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
qberr said:
i accept people liking something i don't and i accept people liking shit
i liked shitty shows too, a lot of them
but if they think a shitty show isn't shit, then they're wrong, and i like telling people they're wrong

Reading this gave me cancer. This is so inconstant and contradictory with itself.

qberr said:
At any time Sibyl could switch off the dominators and they didn't, there's no point trying to make excuses for this season. It was so poorly written that you have to overlook things or try to rationalize everything.

They go through this a couple time in the series. They don't switch off the dominators b/c then it shows Sibyl is flawed. While it is a poor excuse, this is the decision they went with.

qberr said:
why did Kasei want to paint Akane black?
Was Kasei/Mummy Togane acting independently of Sibyl?
Why did Sibyl need Akane to give them a lecture on a collective psycho-pass when they are so incredibly intelligent?

Kasei is a failed experiment. He was suppose to be a genetically created Asymptomatic being but broke after killing his mother. He wants to "paint" people black as a way to glorify his mother/Sibyl.
Yes she was, in the ending portion of the series. She was chosen to lead b/c Tougane Co. was involved. Sibyl is able to switch out control between members and only once they are connected to the system can information between the two be transferred.
Not sure what part you are talking about but I'm guessing it was an explanation for the viewer rather than Sibyl and just using Sibyl as a way to understand Akane's position.

To interested viewers who happened upon this thread:

This season of Psycho Pass is not as bad as people are saying it is. It has its fair share of downfalls but most of the complaints I see are a result of poor attention or understanding of the series. If you enjoyed S1 this is a decent sequel. You're not missing much by not watching it but if you do want more then I do recommend giving this a try.
Feb 12, 2015 6:35 AM
Dec 2014
you don't know what " inconstant" and "contradictory" mean

Sibyl has no issue admitting their imperfection to Akane
it doesn't need to admit its imperfection to anyone else, nobody forces them to tell the world they don't really have a "Sibyl" reason to turn off Shisui's dominators

Kasei is an android, it was driven by Togane's mom during s2, that's what that original poster was talking about, not Togane Sakuya(the enforcer) himself, never talk about "poor attention" again

if you think this season wasnt bad, it just means you fell for its tricks
things like the abundance of gore (dominator was used more in ep4 than in all of s1), action scenes, "hyper logic" hallucinations and the CG thing were there just to distract the viewer long enough to get him trough the parts with the weaker writing
Feb 21, 2015 11:56 PM

Mar 2008
I thought it was terrible.
The first few episodes are awesome and interesting, later on it gets worse and worse with each episode.
The antagonists are really badly written characters. I pity Sakuya Tougane. What makes for a good story nowadays aren't just your typical "hurr durr I'm so bad I do bad things look at me" enemies but rather people whom you can somewhat relate/understand. They should have good motives, goals.... you get the point. Or if they haven't make them mysterious. I don't mind fucked up characters but this season feels like everything has to be brutal because people love to see gore etc.
It was also really ridiculous at times
. Characters acted so stupid or even out of character.
Feb 28, 2015 3:25 AM
Feb 2015
I preferred it to the first season. I was really excited for each new episode, more so than for season 1. The opening and ending also always got be really pumped for what was to come.

It didn't have much character development for the supporting carcaters so that was a shame and the plot did feel rushed (but that would be down to it only getting 11 episodes). I thought Kamui proved to be a great villain
and I actually preferred him to Makishima. The second villain was disappointing but I absolutely loved Kamui so I didn't mind.

It did seem like it had a lot of plot holes during the season but most of them were explained and resolved as the season finished. I'm sure there are still some but the plot really didn't have anywhere near as many holes as people were claiming during its original run. The ending itself was okay - nothing exceptional, but there was still a lot that i enjoyed about the finale.

People tend to say it started great, but I disagree. I found the first few episodes a bit underwhelming and then from episode 4 on-wards it really picked up.

I have no idea how the events of this season will affect anything Psycho Pas related in the future, but neither does anybody so I find it hard to see how this can be considered filler. Maybe it had no effect on the movie but I've heard that it's meant to be a prequel... so how could it?

I mentioned earlier about the lack of character development for the supporting characters. Throughout this series I was always afraid

I can see why people would prefer the first season, I just think the people who think season 2 is nowhere near as good as season 1 are a bit blinded by nostalgia or something.
Feb 28, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2009
It's not as good as the first season, but it's still a very decent anime. I only found the middle a bit boring, but the beginning and end were satisfying enough. There's not much character development except for Akane and Mika, and Kamui isn't nearly as interesting as Makishima, but regardless I find the #841 ranking on MAL completely unjustified.
Mar 8, 2015 4:34 PM

Jun 2014
Finished this today. Twas a decent follow-up to Season 1.

I have read many reviews, rants, & arguments over how bad this is. But a lot of this is based on misunderstandings and simple personal dislike of the course of events that transpired.
This entire season focuses on displaying flaws, more so than the first. Both the characters, and the system & their perception of rationality. It's regrettable that the side characters get so little development which a 2nd cour could have helped. Togane's character is admittedly wasted.

However, overall, the psycho pass series have entertained me a great deal.
Of all the shows I've watched in my life (TV, Film, Animation) this has been one of the few that has made me think & ponder more than I have in my Theology classes at school.
Mar 9, 2015 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty fucking shit.
Mar 10, 2015 11:03 AM
Dec 2013
yes its complete garbage
FuckMAl4132Mar 10, 2015 11:07 AM
Apr 5, 2015 12:32 AM
Apr 2015
One thing about watching Psycho Pass is that you'll learn to really love Akane so much.

So if you love Akane and her never ending sexy personality, even if the whole story is shit, you'll be enjoying watching her so much. Her childish moeness and that sexy badass attitude, she's innocent and cute but at the same time so adult and mature. You'll love her and surely if you love her, you'll fudging shittin' hate mika. hahaha. i really do want to kill her every episode. hahaha. >.<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.