Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (20) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2015 3:12 PM

Feb 2014
Z4k said:
SeriuS said:

Episode 6 has a lot of explaining to do..

According to the episode spoilers there's a small time skip in episode 6. Well I can bet my ass something important will happen next week.

Is there a link to these episode spoilers?

Oh and short haired Touka incoming maybe?
Feb 5, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
Z4k said:

According to the episode spoilers there's a small time skip in episode 6. Well I can bet my ass something important will happen next week.

They're from the official website

Episode 6 summary
Feb 5, 2015 3:19 PM

Feb 2014
Z4k said:
Episode 6 summary

tyvm
Feb 5, 2015 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
NeutralSide said:
SeriuS said:

Does anyone have any idea why they are even there? I can't get my head round it

Heck if I know xD
Even with manga Knowledge,I don't know why they came there just to get their ass whipped.

Same reason why AT attacked Cochlea during the AT arc in the manga. To gain more comrades, I guess? In the manga, most of the investigators are at the AT hideout so it is fairly easy to break in and out for AT.

Feb 5, 2015 4:21 PM

Feb 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Same reason why AT attacked Cochlea during the AT arc in the manga. To gain more comrades, I guess? In the manga, most of the investigators are at the AT hideout so it is fairly easy to break in and out for AT.

That seems a little farfetched.. Kanou knows how heavily defended it is because he used to work for the CGG why would he send two weak ghouls in to gain more allies?
Feb 5, 2015 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
EasyGo-er said:

That seems a little farfetched.. Kanou knows how heavily defended it is because he used to work for the CGG why would he send two weak ghouls in to gain more allies?

Or to keep an eye on Kaneki? I mean they've been stalking him since episode 2.
Feb 5, 2015 4:31 PM

Feb 2014
Z4k said:
Or to keep an eye on Kaneki? I mean they've been stalking him since episode 2.

That seems a lot more likely but they didn't exactly do a very good job of it ._.
Feb 5, 2015 5:36 PM

Jul 2008
My guess is that he sent them to bring Kaneki to him. During such a large battle, there would be many opportunities because he might get separated from his comrades AND maybe even get wounded.

A shame they met CCG's Jason :P
Feb 5, 2015 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
SeriuS said:
EasyGo-er said:

Lol, I thought you're talking about Kaneki + Ayato being beaten up.... but it seems you're talking about the twins. My bad. If it's the twins, just like Z4k said, I think they're just keeping an eye on him, whether on Kanou's order or not. Maybe they're just interested in him? Since he's like a big brother to them (being half-ghouls from Rize's organs).

Feb 5, 2015 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Hopefully in the second half Kaneki will get more focus because so far he doesn't even feel like the MC. Most his character from the manga is gone.
Feb 6, 2015 4:44 AM

Feb 2014
EasyGo-er said:
SeriuS said:

Lol, I thought you're talking about Kaneki + Ayato being beaten up.... but it seems you're talking about the twins. My bad. If it's the twins, just like Z4k said, I think they're just keeping an eye on him, whether on Kanou's order or not. Maybe they're just interested in him? Since he's like a big brother to them (being half-ghouls from Rize's organs).

Yeah we were referring to the twins, I think it's more likely that Kanou want's them to keep an eye on him
Feb 7, 2015 8:24 AM

Dec 2014
SeriuS said:
Does anyone else think the twins didn't get nearly enough screen time for them to be taken seriously? Smaller nitpick but Kaneki needed more monologuing during the Amon battle.

Apart from that the episode was awesome (especially that Ayato scene).

I totally went gaga with that scene. Damn Ayato putting up such a cute face!!

They could have given the twins more credit and have Suzuya more... well better, Because that scene just sucked... pretty much most of the fighting scenes did.

It was interesting the see Kaneki's kakuja crawling around him. But just because he ask Shinohara a maths question doesn't mean he's crazy him crazy. Where's the screeching and the Kekekekekeh!!? I can't believe even in badass mode he let us down... no the Koreans who animated this let us down... :(

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 7, 2015 12:29 PM

Feb 2014
Dreamingflower said:
SeriuS said:
Does anyone else think the twins didn't get nearly enough screen time for them to be taken seriously? Smaller nitpick but Kaneki needed more monologuing during the Amon battle.

Apart from that the episode was awesome (especially that Ayato scene).

They could have given the twins more credit and have Suzuya more... well better, Because that scene just sucked... pretty much most of the fighting scenes did.

It was interesting the see Kaneki's kakuja crawling around him. But just because he ask Shinohara a maths question doesn't mean he's crazy him crazy. Where's the screeching and the Kekekekekeh!!? I can't believe even in badass mode he let us down... no the Koreans who animated this let us down... :(

Every anime only watcher I have spoken to thinks Kaneki powered up because he had a centipede in his ear, because of when he says "centipedes... in my ears~"

His dialogue wasn't crazy enough it needed more of this:

Feb 7, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
Dreamingflower said:

Every anime only watcher I have spoken to thinks Kaneki powered up because he had a centipede in his ear, because of when he says "centipedes... in my ears~"

Yeah i hope we get to see more of his crazy side in Kanou's lab arc.
Feb 7, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
SeriuS said:

Huh? That doesn't happen until :re. We're nowhere near that right now.

Z4k said:

Wasn't this Cochlea arc basically Kanou's lab arc? I mean we got the Suzuya fight against the twins, Kaneki vs Shinohara, and a bunch of other similarities. Unless they have a different, unique arc dealing with Kanou planned.
Feb 7, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
CNTRI715 said:
SeriuS said:

Huh? That doesn't happen until :re. We're nowhere near that right now.

Z4k said:

Wasn't this Cochlea arc basically Kanou's lab arc? I mean we got the Suzuya fight against the twins, Kaneki vs Shinohara, and a bunch of other similarities. Unless they have a different, unique arc dealing with Kanou planned.

Kanou's lab will definitely happen but some scenes might be different. I don't know if you've seen the new TG PV 2 for the BD/DVD released a few days ago but in it they showed lots of Ishida's draft and there were some panels that should Kanou and Rize. There was also a panel that should Suzuya fighting Tsukiyama and Naki. And yeah the guy is talking about short haired Touka in one of the other PV. She had shorter hair compared to the recent one.
Z4KFeb 7, 2015 1:28 PM
Feb 7, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
Dreamingflower said:

I wish Kakuja Kaneki's state was explored more on this episode.
He was just a full fledged Crazy bastard and a missed opportunity to put the dialogues like "Even an old man is fine",etc.
Hopefully we get something similar to Kaneki piercing Banjou's stomach and going "I'm sorry,I'm sorry,I'm sorry x1000"

I really need to stop comparing this to manga lmfao.

Feb 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2014
NeutralSide said:
SeriuS said:

He was just a full fledged Crazy bastard and a missed opportunity to put the dialogues like "Even an old man is fine",etc.
Hopefully we get something similar to Kaneki piercing Banjou's stomach and going "I'm sorry,I'm sorry,I'm sorry x1000"

Well you need the manga to be able to understand the anime.
I mean how else would you know how he came about as centipede, we never saw him eat ghouls except for Yamori, plus no one even stated it.
and let's not mention the yin/yang twins,
who were doing exactly this
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 7, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2014
gabyta07 said:
NeutralSide said:

Well you need the manga to be able to understand the anime.
I mean how else would you know how he came about as centipede, we never saw him eat ghouls except for Yamori, plus no one even stated it.
and let's not mention the yin/yang twins,
who were doing exactly this

What do you mean no one stated it? Tsukiyama literally had an orgasm when he found out ken had started cannibalizing ghouls.
Feb 7, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
Does the anime mention somewhere that kakuja and going insane are the results from cannibalizing ghouls? The anime didn't really explain the details of kakuja iirc...

Feb 7, 2015 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Does the anime mention somewhere that kakuja and going insane are the results from cannibalizing ghouls? The anime didn't really explain the details of kakuja iirc...

Nah it hasn't. It was supposed to be explained by Tsukiyama but I don't know if they're ever going to touch on the topic of Kakuja. To be honest that's one of my biggest nitpicks so far.
Feb 7, 2015 3:05 PM

Nov 2014
EasyGo-er said:

Well, they've said that cannibalizing to ghouls is like ''forbidden fruit''. Although I'll agree that a bit more explaining is in order, however the anime isn't even halfway through the season yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2015 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
EasyGo-er said:

Nah it hasn't. It was supposed to be explained by Tsukiyama but I don't know if they're ever going to touch on the topic of Kakuja. To be honest that's one of my biggest nitpicks so far.
Kvothe51 said:
EasyGo-er said:

Well, they've said that cannibalizing to ghouls is like ''forbidden fruit''. Although I'll agree that a bit more explaining is in order, however the anime isn't even halfway through the season yet.

Yeah, thought so. They make it seems like Centipede is just a random power-up for Kaneki but since he's also gone insane during the scene, it wasn't that obvious of a power-up I guess.

Feb 10, 2015 9:36 AM

Apr 2014
Some information about the new episodes thanks to OldMcdonald.

Old said:
Episode 7:

Directors/storyboarders of the episodes:
Episode 6: Tadahito Matsubayashi
Episode 7: Souichi Shimada
Episode 8: Yoriyasu Kogawa<- This is the episode director of ep 4, and I think it's an action episode. Let's pray for a miracle.

I'll obviously keep my expectations lowered for episode 8 because that guy is horrible at directing action episodes. I'm more interested in episode 7 because it seems Hinami might have a larger role there. Perhaps this is the episode where she meets Takatsuki again.
Z4KFeb 10, 2015 11:31 AM
Feb 10, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:

Old said:
Episode 7:

Episode 8: Yoriyasu Kogawa<- This is the episode director of ep 4, and I think it's an action episode. Let's pray for a miracle.

I'll obviously keep my expectations lowered for episode 8 because that guy is horrible at directing action episodes. I'm more interested in episode 7 because it seems Hinami might have a larger role there. Perhaps this is the episode where she meets Takatsuki again.

Who knows, maybe this time they'll animate it properly and he could redeem himself.

But yeah, definitely don't have high expectations for that one :X
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2015 2:40 PM

Dec 2014
Z4k said:

Old said:
Episode 7:

*Cries* do they hate their fans that much? Why giving that sucky director an action episode?!

Yes season 2 is starting to get more and more disappointing... my hoped have dropped like 300%....

Yup I bet a rewrite of season 2 will be one of my next ideas for a fanfic. or maybe even a parody to satisfy myself...

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 11, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2014
Dreamingflower said:
Z4k said:

*Cries* do they hate their fans that much? Why giving that sucky director an action episode?!

Yes season 2 is starting to get more and more disappointing... my hoped have dropped like 300%....

Yup I bet a rewrite of season 2 will be one of my next ideas for a fanfic. or maybe even a parody to satisfy myself...

We still don't know if it is an action episode though. Episode 5 had a good budget so let's hope that episode 8 has the same.
Feb 12, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Hah we get that Amon and Akira scene

and that bitch Roma there too
Z4KFeb 12, 2015 7:16 AM
Feb 12, 2015 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
The ending arts are gold.

It was a really good episode.
Feb 12, 2015 8:36 AM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:
Hah we get that Amon and Akira scene

and that bitch Roma there too

Yeah, fuck Roma.

At this point I also doubt we'll get
as it will take quite a lot of episodes to do the last arc properly. I wonder how they'll resolve how the twins became ghouls though.
Kvothe51Feb 12, 2015 8:47 AM
Feb 12, 2015 8:56 AM

Sep 2013
Roma doesn't deserve the 103 treatment. She deserves the 206 treatment! I just hope Sasako would give her the treatment she deserves xD
Feb 12, 2015 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
I'm so in love with the ED song and Ishida's ED credit arts. Based Ishida Sui.
Feb 12, 2015 10:19 AM

Jul 2012
What's with the Roma hate? She hasn't done a single thing since her introduction.
Feb 12, 2015 10:21 AM

Oct 2013
wzrd said:
What's with the Roma hate? She hasn't done a single thing since her introduction.
You will know soon. Just wait
Unless you've already read the manga and know more about her.
Feb 12, 2015 10:59 AM

Dec 2014
simonprasad said:
Roma doesn't deserve the 103 treatment. She deserves the 206 treatment! I just hope Sasako would give her the treatment she deserves xD

Ditto, no wait that's even to soft for her!! Kaneki needs to give her the feeling of pure torture, slowly and extreeeeeeemely painful! Crush those brains of hers and throw her in the trash!!!

I was disappointing with the bad portray of Suzuya's past, where's the cute crossdressing? Why hasn't Touka's hair grown? and the interaction between Amon and Akira was... well still not comparable with the manga.

Now I wonder, what will become of our Kaneki? His mind really seems to be fucked up, not as fucked up as the manga shows, but still.

BTW did anyone also get disturbing thoughts when Amon was training? Seriously I swear if anyone were to walk in while I was watching that scene they might have thought I was watching Japanese porn. XD

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 12, 2015 11:02 AM

Nov 2012
so ishida just "fuck it, who cares about kanou anyway..."???
i dont see anyway kanou randomly become important at this point..
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 12, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
Dreamingflower said:
Ditto, no wait that's even to soft for her!! Kaneki needs to give her the feeling of pure torture, slowly and extreeeeeeemely painful! Crush those brains of hers and throw her in the trash!!!

I know her allegiance but explain to me why does she deserve this? She's basically a recurring background character up the latest chapter of Re:
Feb 12, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
so ishida just "fuck it, who cares about kanou anyway..."???
i dont see anyway kanou randomly become important at this point..

They showed him standing with Shiro and Kuro in the first episode. Also Jason stated he was the one who experimented on Kaneki so I think he's still has a role to play in the anime.
Feb 12, 2015 11:47 AM

Oct 2014
whaaaat they totally ruined the amon cock push ups scene. it just seemed like he was disappointed in his failure, not overcoming sexual temptation.....smh lame
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Feb 12, 2015 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
anikaneki said:
whaaaat they totally ruined the amon cock push ups scene. it just seemed like he was disappointed in his failure, not overcoming sexual temptation.....smh lame

wue wue
Feb 12, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2014
anikaneki said:

Is that even relevant to the plot?
Feb 12, 2015 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
anikaneki said:

Is that even relevant to the plot?

I think is kind of relevant to the character, it meant that his guilt was so much that he wouldn't even let himself touch her, and felt even more guilty for wanting to.
It made you realize how important it was to Amon the responsibility of protecting her, even from himself.
I mean he even didn't let her kiss him.
That is how obsessive was his sense of responsibility and morality.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 12, 2015 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
I don't think they completely took it out. I mean, the scene basically pans over her body while she's laying there, doesn't take a genius to figure out what Amon's thinking in that moment. But yeah they could've made it a little more obvious.
Feb 12, 2015 1:57 PM

Oct 2014
Tbh, I didnt pay much attention to it, I was more focused on Shinohara and juuzo's relationship.
And disappointed with Takizawa scene, that wasnt how it happened...the drunk scene i mean
gabyta07Feb 12, 2015 2:10 PM

Feb 12, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
gabyta07 said:
Tbh, I didnt pay much attention to it, I was more focused on Shinohara and juuzo's relationship.
And disappointed with Takizawa scene, that wasnt how it happened...the drunk scene i mean

How do you know how it happened? Do you have the original draft wrote by Ishida? Do you know they did not follow that? Share with us.
Feb 12, 2015 2:19 PM
Sep 2013
I was hoping the Touka Kaneki confortation to be this episode but seems it will be the next one.
I'm satisfied they had suzuya backstory developed for this episode and some Akira and Amon scenes.
I wonder how Kanou will show up?
The Raid is coming up so I hope they will pull out the best for Arima Kaneki fight like with they did for Yamori Kaneki fight.
Feb 12, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2014
I think people should throw away the idea that we get the anteiku raid. Just in case.
Feb 12, 2015 3:13 PM

Feb 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
I think people should throw away the idea that we get the anteiku raid. Just in case.

Why else would they introduce Roma?
Feb 12, 2015 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
SeriuS said:
GreenBenjamin said:

She has nothing to do with the anteiku raid
Feb 12, 2015 3:34 PM

Feb 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
SeriuS said:

She has nothing to do with the anteiku raid

I have a feeling you might be mixing the raid on kanou's lab arc and the Anteiku raid arc up
Pages (20) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.