Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2015 3:06 AM

Apr 2014
Maledict said:
Z4k said:
Wrong. The centipede in the manga didn't happen because his psyche was broken. His transformation was foreshadowed right after his first fight with Shachi and when he was cannibalizing the ghouls in the gourmet restaurant. In one of Kaneki's monologue before Kanou's lab, he mentioned he still hadn't used that "move" which was obviously him transforming into Kakuja.

I'm well aware of all that, he acquired his kakuja at some point which was dormant until the right circumstances appeared, which was him being powerless yet again combined with his anger of being in the dark. That's why he's always saying to himself that he has to gain power and eliminate those who are standing in his way when he's transformed, and also why he said the same things just before his transformation - with his mental state deteriorating Centipede was activated.

Besides, there is no way Kaneki chose to activate his kakuja against some clone fodders that Kanou unleashed, instead of using it to beat his SS-ranked rival if it really wasn't his mental state that caused the emergence of Centipede. Right after Shachi got serious and defeated him again, Kaneki could've just activated Centipede and proceeded to win, but he didn't.

Even if all the above isn't true, it still doesn't change the fact that it was an extremely forced scene that really felt like: ''hey, look, something cool. Our anime is top-notch because we show you all the cool stuff early on!" Kaneki got beat once by some almost unknown to him ghoul, and somehow immediately resorted to Centipede? No.

Well yeah the scene felt forced in the anime and it didn't have the same impact it had in the manga. I just hope episode 5 gives a decent explanation for the anime only watchers.
Jan 30, 2015 7:53 AM
Apr 2014
Studio Pierrot is definitely saving budget later on, because Anteiku Raid arc was a full blown war. There were so many fights on all sides. Yeah I'm still dissapointed of episode 4, but what can you do. I just hope they don't out source an episode again.
Jan 30, 2015 10:51 AM
Sep 2013
[quote=Z4k]
hantere said:
Z4k said:

- What reveal of the twins?
- Eto being Takatsuki was also obvious in the manga. Its just nobody expected her "other" identity.
- Seriously? We just saw the twins using the same kagune as her. Yamori also mentioned Kanou used Rize as an experiment so if you put two and two together, Rize being alive isn't a surprise.

Eto being Takatsuki didn't connect for me until I went back and reread the manga.
The manga had the twins as a surprise If we had seen like the manga the same time Kaneki did it would have stayed a surprise If were seeing as the same episode. The mask coming off at the end of episode then the next was kaneki seeing them wasn't a big deal. Eto in the anime was pretty much put a sign that said this is me.

Yamori didn't mention Rize in the anime. Now we have Eto showing up and saying do you want to see Rize. In the manga having rize alive and not dead was surprising to some manga readers. Some didn't figure that the experiments ment she was alive just experimenting on her dead body.

You should probably rewatch episode 12 and no it wasn't a surprise in the manga too because Ishida had already showed the twins were one eyed ghouls. Their kagune were also shown to be the same as Kaneki when they fought in the gourmet restaurant so Rize being alive like I said wasn't a surprise.

Not everyone believed that she was still alive yes there was suspecting but nothing was fact till the chapter and what I mean the build up to the twins there wasn't any they took off there masks before any confront so it seemed bland in the anime. Twins having the same kagune wasn't sure If they had got it from Rize herself until the whole going through twins backstory and Kanou lab.
Jan 30, 2015 2:14 PM
Dec 2014
Ishida was in control of these episodes correct? It.., it just doesnt seem like him
Jan 30, 2015 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:
Ishida was in control of these episodes correct? It.., it just doesnt seem like him

His name doesnt appear in the anime except as the original story creator
probably he only gave the the idea, and pierrot went along with it.
and I heard rumors that pierrot didnt even make this episode, another studio did it for them

Director: Shuhei Morita
Series Composition: Chūji Mikasano
Music: Yutaka Yamada
Original creator: Sui Ishida
Character Design: Kazuhiro Miwa
Sound Director: Noboru Haraguchi
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Jan 30, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
gabyta07 said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

and I heard rumors that pierrot didnt even make this episode, another studio did it for them

Yeah the rumor is true. Episode 4 was done by a Korean animation studio called DR movie.
Jan 31, 2015 1:59 AM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
Yeah the rumor is true. Episode 4 was done by a Korean animation studio called DR movie.

OBLIGATORY:

Jan 31, 2015 2:05 AM

Apr 2014
Nuvi said:
Z4k said:

OBLIGATORY:

I hope this never happens again lol.

So embarrassing.
Jan 31, 2015 2:56 AM
Oct 2012
Oreo_Assassin said:

Ishida does not control the anime, no mangaka controls the anime of his works, this is the function of a specific staff.
Feb 1, 2015 10:24 AM
Dec 2014
Does anyone think they'll follow up on what Kaneki said in the CM?
Feb 1, 2015 10:28 AM

Oct 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:
Does anyone think they'll follow up on what Kaneki said in the CM?

Kill the one-eyed king?

I don't think so, he did not in the manga, and even thou they have their little changes
they are following so so the line of the manga...I think most "probable" Kaneki will "die" before being able to.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 1, 2015 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
Z4k said:
gabyta07 said:

WTF?! I feel so cheated! Why would they let another animation company animate the episode? It's their job they were requested to do it! That's just BS! Sure Pierrot isn't the greatest in animating, but apparently t he Korean company they hired did it even worse! Shame on them!
Nuvi said:
Z4k said:

OBLIGATORY:

Rolling Ghoul :)

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 1, 2015 11:56 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah it definitely seems like budget is being saved for the second half of the season. If we really are getting Eto vs Arima, Kaneki vs Amon, Kaneki vs Arima, than maybe it will be worth it, because they could make the last few episodes of the season AMAZING. Does anyone else feel like this split off from the manga is unnecessary though? It's following the manga pretty closely despite Kaneki going to Aogiri. At this point I'm going to be surprised if we get an ending much different from the original, but no complaints there.

On a side note I'm thinking we could see Kaneki vs Shinohara next episode considering he just got his Kakuja and Shinohara is in the building. Hope they do it justice if it happens true.
Feb 1, 2015 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
CNTRI715 said:
Yeah it definitely seems like budget is being saved for the second half of the season. If we really are getting Eto vs Arima, Kaneki vs Amon, Kaneki vs Arima, than maybe it will be worth it, because they could make the last few episodes of the season AMAZING. Does anyone else feel like this split off from the manga is unnecessary though? It's following the manga pretty closely despite Kaneki going to Aogiri. At this point I'm going to be surprised if we get an ending much different from the original, but no complaints there.

On a side note I'm thinking we could see Kaneki vs Shinohara next episode considering he just got his Kakuja and Shinohara is in the building. Hope they do it justice if it happens true.

Wouldn't it be Amon instead of Shinohara?
I mean as far as I remember Amon is trying to escape with Akira but Shinohara is fighting with Ayato.
And since they are changing ppl versus other ppl...well I don't know.

Feb 1, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
gabyta07 said:
CNTRI715 said:

Wouldn't it be Amon instead of Shinohara?
I mean as far as I remember Amon is trying to escape with Akira but Shinohara is fighting with Ayato.
And since they are changing ppl versus other ppl...well I don't know.

Well first things first it looks like he's probably going to fight Shachi as Centipede. But a lot of the stuff from this Cochlea part is mirroring the Kanou's Lab arc, that's why I'm predicting Kaneki vs Shinohara. I'm just biased though, it's one of my favorite fights from the manga and I want to see it animated.
Feb 1, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
CNTRI715 said:
Well first things first it looks like he's probably going to fight Shachi as Centipede.

Doubtful. It wouldn't make sense for Eto to step in, calm down Shachi and convince him to join Aogiri only for Kaneki to attack him and start another fight. If anyone should be Centipede's first opponent, it should be Shinohara, for obvious reasons.

I'm more interested in whether they'll reveal why Shachi decided to side with Aogiri, since i remember those 6th ward ghouls saying he'd never do something like that.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 1, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2014
According to the episode spoilers, next episode will focus a little more on Juuzo vs the Twins and Shinohara vs Ayato so I doubt there will be enough time for Shinohara vs Kaneki fight. About the centipede part, I honestly have no idea what will happen because Eto seems to have calmed down Shachi and it would be pretty stupid if they start another fight.

@Dreamingflower Its not that uncommon for studios to outsource an episode while they work on the next one which requires a lot of work. They also usually do it to save budget for important episodes. Honestly I don't blame them because if they're going to animate anteiku raid, Pierrot is will be needing all budget they've saved to animate all those fights.
Z4KFeb 1, 2015 12:50 PM
Feb 1, 2015 1:02 PM

Nov 2014
Maledict said:
CNTRI715 said:
Well first things first it looks like he's probably going to fight Shachi as Centipede.

Doubtful. It wouldn't make sense for Eto to step in, calm down Shachi and convince him to join Aogiri only for Kaneki to attack him and start another fight. If anyone should be Centipede's first opponent, it should be Shinohara, for obvious reasons.

I'm more interested in whether they'll reveal why Shachi decided to side with Aogiri, since i remember those 6th ward ghouls saying he'd never do something like that.

Well, we know that he goes kinda insane when he uses his kakuja, it wouldn't be all that unrealistic for him to go berserk and attack Shachi. And Shinohara is currently still fighting Ayato.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2015 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
Kvothe51 said:
Maledict said:

Well, we know that he goes kinda insane when he uses his kakuja, it wouldn't be all that unrealistic for him to go berserk and attack Shachi. And Shinohara is currently still fighting Ayato.

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. Even though Eto is trying to make peace Centipede Kaneki might see Shachi and trying to go berserk on him, but we'll see.
Feb 1, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2014
Z4k said:
According to the episode spoilers, next episode will focus a little more on Juuzo vs the Twins and Shinohara vs Ayato so I doubt there will be enough time for Shinohara vs Kaneki fight. About the centipede part, I honestly have no idea what will happen because Eto seems to have calmed down Shachi and it would be pretty stupid if they start another fight.

@Dreamingflower Its not that uncommon for studios to outsource an episode while they work on the next one which requires a lot of work. They also usually do it to save budget for important episodes. Honestly I don't blame them because if they're going to animate anteiku raid, Pierrot is will be needing all budget they've saved to animate all those fights.
Z4k said:

Could be, but I'm afraid I'll get my hopes up for the future episodes, only for them to get crushed. Season 1 was super disappointing, only the fighting scene with Amon and Yamori where worth it and those weren't very long.

For now the only thing I'm looking forward to if Ayato's fight with Shinohara.

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 4, 2015 8:20 PM
Dec 2014
http://ifunny.co/fun/ods2Jlwe2
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH FOR SOME REASON XD
Feb 5, 2015 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
Amazing episode.

Pierrot did not disappoint.
Feb 5, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah, they did quite well. So Eto saved Ayato and Kaneki. I wonder if they'll reveal who the real Owl is next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2015 9:39 AM

Oct 2014
it was ok...
Nice that they included Suzuya with his knives and it was really emotional the scene of Ayato.
But the centipede scene was disappointing for me, since my favs parts were not included :p ("ore, boku, watashii" and "I am tired of eating bad meat") Plus I don't like the centipede animation.
it was ok...Tatara's fight with hoji was also a nice touch

Feb 5, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Seems like pierrot is still saving the budget because the episode was animated by the koreans again.
Feb 5, 2015 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
Good I guessand the animation is consistent compared to the previous one.*Shudders*
I find the Centipede scenes a kinda disappointing
Where's the " Go on a date to a bookstore and have your insides gently scrambled",etc.That would have been so hype.
I also hate the Voice changer or something,similar to Ichigo's hollow form.

Also Owl can power jump? Lul wut.

Feb 5, 2015 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
NeutralSide said:
Also Owl can power jump? Lul wut.

That explains how it entered the battle in anteiku raid.
Feb 5, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
Does anyone else think the twins didn't get nearly enough screen time for them to be taken seriously? Smaller nitpick but Kaneki needed more monologuing during the Amon battle.

Apart from that the episode was awesome (especially that Ayato scene).
Feb 5, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
Does anyone else think the twins didn't get nearly enough screen time for them to be taken seriously? Smaller nitpick but Kaneki needed more monologuing during the Amon battle.

I kinda find it hilarious that they came there just to get beaten up like shit.

Feb 5, 2015 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
NeutralSide said:
SeriuS said:

Does anyone have any idea why they are even there? I can't get my head round it
Feb 5, 2015 11:54 AM

Oct 2014
tbh if I were an anime only I wouldn't know what the h*** is happening.

Feb 5, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2014
I am waiting for the whole series to be done so i can watch it all in a day
Feb 5, 2015 12:00 PM

Feb 2014
tayorous said:
I am waiting for the whole series to be done so i can watch it all in a day

It would probably be a good idea to get out of a spoiler discussion then ._.
Feb 5, 2015 12:15 PM

Sep 2014
gabyta07 said:
Lol same here. I'm finding that I'm constantly filling in gaps of knowledge in the anime with stuff that we know from the manga. Like did they even bother explaining Kuro and Shiro and the significance of Kanou? If we didn't know better he could just be some random scientist for Aogiri running around.
Feb 5, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
CNTRI715 said:
gabyta07 said:
Lol same here. I'm finding that I'm constantly filling in gaps of knowledge in the anime with stuff that we know from the manga. Like did they even bother explaining Kuro and Shiro and the significance of Kanou? If we didn't know better he could just be some random scientist for Aogiri running around.

Episode 6 will probably shed more light.
Feb 5, 2015 1:40 PM

Aug 2014
Lol at Ayato's puppy face. Never knew he could look so sad and vulnerable. Kaneki saved him even when berserk, aww. They're totally BFFs in the anime...

On a serious note, i thought we were actually going to see something from Tatara. But nope, his fight gets skipped, didn't even look like he and the investigator fought at all. Does he even have a kagune..? I just want a glimpse of what he can do.

Didn't really like how Kuro and Shiro were handled, i hope they expand on them in the following episodes, and hopefully Kanou gets reintroduced soon.

I'm guessing Roma's free now. We should be seeing her ugly face pretty soon.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 5, 2015 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
NeutralSide said:

Heck if I know xD
Even with manga Knowledge,I don't know why they came there just to get their ass whipped.

Feb 5, 2015 2:33 PM
Sep 2013
This episode I really enjoyed.
Cant wait for the second half.
Feb 5, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
NeutralSide said:
Heck if I know xD
Even with manga Knowledge,I don't know why they came there just to get their ass whipped.

Episode 6 has a lot of explaining to do..
Feb 5, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
NeutralSide said:
Heck if I know xD

According to the episode spoilers there's a small time skip in episode 6. Well I can bet my ass something important will happen next week.
Z4KFeb 5, 2015 2:45 PM
Feb 5, 2015 3:12 PM

Feb 2014
Z4k said:
SeriuS said:

According to the episode spoilers there's a small time skip in episode 6. Well I can bet my ass something important will happen next week.

Is there a link to these episode spoilers?

Oh and short haired Touka incoming maybe?
Feb 5, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
Z4k said:

Is there a link to these episode spoilers?

Oh and short haired Touka incoming maybe?

They're from the official website

Episode 6 summary
Feb 5, 2015 3:19 PM

Feb 2014
Z4k said:
Episode 6 summary

tyvm
Feb 5, 2015 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
NeutralSide said:
SeriuS said:

Heck if I know xD

Same reason why AT attacked Cochlea during the AT arc in the manga. To gain more comrades, I guess? In the manga, most of the investigators are at the AT hideout so it is fairly easy to break in and out for AT.

Feb 5, 2015 4:21 PM

Feb 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Same reason why AT attacked Cochlea during the AT arc in the manga. To gain more comrades, I guess? In the manga, most of the investigators are at the AT hideout so it is fairly easy to break in and out for AT.

That seems a little farfetched.. Kanou knows how heavily defended it is because he used to work for the CGG why would he send two weak ghouls in to gain more allies?
Feb 5, 2015 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
SeriuS said:
EasyGo-er said:

That seems a little farfetched.. Kanou knows how heavily defended it is because he used to work for the CGG why would he send two weak ghouls in to gain more allies?

Or to keep an eye on Kaneki? I mean they've been stalking him since episode 2.
Feb 5, 2015 4:31 PM

Feb 2014
Z4k said:
Or to keep an eye on Kaneki? I mean they've been stalking him since episode 2.

That seems a lot more likely but they didn't exactly do a very good job of it ._.
Feb 5, 2015 5:36 PM

Jul 2008
My guess is that he sent them to bring Kaneki to him. During such a large battle, there would be many opportunities because he might get separated from his comrades AND maybe even get wounded.

A shame they met CCG's Jason :P
Feb 5, 2015 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
SeriuS said:
EasyGo-er said:

Lol, I thought you're talking about Kaneki + Ayato being beaten up.... but it seems you're talking about the twins. My bad. If it's the twins, just like Z4k said, I think they're just keeping an eye on him, whether on Kanou's order or not. Maybe they're just interested in him? Since he's like a big brother to them (being half-ghouls from Rize's organs).

Feb 5, 2015 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Hopefully in the second half Kaneki will get more focus because so far he doesn't even feel like the MC. Most his character from the manga is gone.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.