Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 3, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty much sums up my viewing experience on Madan no Ou to Vanadis :
Dec 12, 2015 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
aaaaaand it's finally done. Man, up to this point I still don't understand why they were fighting in the first place. I mean this Thenardier and Ganelon dude were fighting for whatever reason. And those two were just Dukes. If the King cannot control those two why didn't Badouin, his right-hand man, stopped them?

whatever/10
Apr 16, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2015
One of the boring show I have ever seen.

I dont expect much in this action so one shot was a nice idea for the fast pace.

2.8/5 for this episode

Overall: 5/10

I want more boring shows. Come on!
May 8, 2016 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
Ellen managed to cheer Tigre up for the last fight in this war.

Tigre almost lost his control to the bow, but again Ellen waked him up, even if it was in a harder way.
The shot was perfect combined with the wind which seems he can control now. Funny when Ellen asked her sword if it helped Tigre. :D

So now peace came back to Brune, but Ganelon is still alive together with Valetina so there's definitely something which will happen at any time.

Tigre looked good in this outfit but you could see it was a little bit awkward for him.

The king seemed like a nice person and gave Tigre the title Moonlight Knight which seems like it has a really big importance (next king like we heared at the end).

The anime overall was okay, I agree with that it felt most of the time rushed. What I really missed at the end was some romance between Tigre and Ellen, to sad nothing happened :(
Anyways I personally would give it a 7/10. I'm not sure about a second season because as I read there's enough material but finally it's the decision of an publisher. If a second season happens I will watch it. :)

Jun 11, 2016 10:43 AM

Feb 2015
This anime.....just gonna be honest, it was a very good harem anime and man...this show really likes to war xD almost every episode has war in it xD

the story overall pretty interesting and got me addicted a little bit. too bad that they have low budget which effect the animation and episode count and made it a little bit rushed.....but i still enjoyed this show overall especially the war. tbh, i didn't expect that this anime would focused more on the war. i really like that it focused more on the war tbh xD it's pretty exciting to watch xD

but there is still one thing which bother me, almost 500 more of his/her man died and they act like it ain't nothing to them. that one felt weird to me. and that force drama in the previous episode felt weird too. i was planning to rate this anime 9/10 solid or not, but now, cause of the 3/2 episodes from the ending, i rated this anime 8/10 but not solid. more specifically 8.1/10

0.1 for the war action and relationship and character development between the Male MC and the other war maiden. but still, i got mad a little bit because they didn't show the last war maiden whom i really really really looking foward to see. it kinda dissapoint me. but well, the fact that i enjoyed this anime still isn't gonna change. really like for them to make a second season but from what i see from the budged they use to make this anime, i doubt the would make another season.

i hope another studio would make the sequel..........heck, i want a remake with a proper pace and animation. this show could be way better than this, i know that well.
Jun 25, 2016 10:55 PM

Dec 2014
A harem I actually enjoyed. I really hate the fact that Elen stopped him from obliterating the guy. For once can a MC feed into his hatred.. ugh it really ruined the huge revenge buildup they had going. Went from a 7/10 to 5/10 meh.
Oct 23, 2016 5:46 PM

Jun 2011
Typed a huge wall of text but accidentally clicked on cancel instead of submit lol, damn.

Can't be bothered to type that again, to sum it up this was really bad. Terrible protagonist, shallow relationship with his harems that would work fine in harem ecchi series but not in war series, makes it look like a joke. Protagohist is protected by the plot, his power doesn't feel hard earned, given to him free because of plot. Women swarm around him like he's the only dude they've ever met, got them dripping wet thinking of him. Pacing was terrible, could have 4 different events occur in an episode and only 5 minutes dedicated to each conflict.

Glad I delayed watching the series for 2 years.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 5, 2017 5:14 AM
Aug 2015
Ughghhhj Elen why ... wanted to see him shooting that arrow, one of the
biggest let-downs this Ep (together with his emo time).

To sum it up:
Art: meh okay
Story: all right
Characters: everyone < Tigre

I'll rate it 7 (gave it an 8 because the first couple of episodes where GODLIKE)
Fun to watch, but only a novel advertisement after all

EDIT: Best Moment of the series: Tigre catching that arrow midair and shooting it back in that guys head, had to rewatch that scene three times cuz it's so awesome.
Kat0211Feb 5, 2017 5:19 AM
Mar 19, 2017 11:48 PM

Dec 2016
Great anime, I really want a season 2.

We never got to see what Olga was up to, she was mentioned but I don't remember seeing her at all except in the intro and ending.
May 20, 2017 12:09 AM

May 2011
Series had its flaws, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. I wish I came around to watching earlier when it aired since it showed a lot of promise. Would have tried following the light novel but it seems to be ending soon :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2017 10:45 PM

Jul 2015
As much as I enjoyed this series, there were still quite a bit of flaws that make it a bit hard to give this a high rating. What's with that ending man? All the other battles, they were able to show some strategy stuff + a decent amount of action. As for the finale? All we got was an arrow to the head... lmfao ok, talk about rushed hey. The whole series in general had a good amount of potential, and could've been put to good use with more episodes and more budget. It was pretty interesting tbh, despite the many cliches and what not.

If only the source material was a manga instead of a LN, I just can't seem to get into light novels for some reason :// welpppppp, hopefully this'll get another season, but idk it doesn't seem likely, at least not any time soon. Overall, I give this a 6/10. It was a fun ride.

caught in the wonder
Feb 7, 2018 10:47 AM
Nov 2017
what a painfully average anime, 5 stars from me because it was average in every way, plus we didn't even get to see tigre unleash his power. All we say were teases of his power- if anything they could've at LEAST given him one OP moment but no, for some reason let's give women all the power of "dragon arts" and have mc super dense with nothing special at all. they couldn't even make him chose a girl, honeslty just sigh.
Feb 11, 2018 6:30 PM

Feb 2014
damn, this anime quickly got pretty boring and unisterting, couldn't care less.

3/10
Apr 9, 2018 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
I dont usually give an anime a bad but man this anime was a chore to get through. it was okay in the beginning had its moments but man was this anime poor. I wonder if the LN is better/ bettered flowed. I felt like i was just watching a lets play of Dynasty Warriors with little to no Plot trying to be forced.

I dont there will be a season 2 so someone just tell me the pairings for this anime romance wise. Does Tigre end up with Elen?
Apr 29, 2018 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
Well the best part imo was the music. It also had some nice characters like Elen and the MC fighting with a bow was also a nice change of pace. It was rushed and a lot wasn't explained clearly. Still a fun watch I guess. 6/10
Mar 1, 2019 12:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The last couple of episodes earned it a overall 7 for me.

Goddam, the middle was getting so boring, but it definitly picked up by the end, would have given it an 8 if it was for that middle part.
Jan 5, 2020 1:33 PM
Jan 2013
Another manga/anime where second girl/vanadis is best. <sigh>

Why do I fall so hard for these tropes? ;-)
Mar 9, 2020 10:10 AM
Mar 2020
sell meat is differ ecchi,i think sell meat is wise
harem+selling meat is the youth of Japanese anime. After 2016, Japanese anime will have no such thing. And I am as young as I am. I got anime. AV. Game for free
remember:Without brains to look

kamohibkiMar 11, 2020 4:28 AM
Mar 11, 2020 4:42 AM
Mar 2020
no game no life.Madan no Ou to Vanadis.Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance.Seikoku no Dragonar.Mahou Sensou.MF library light change 5 consecutive plans, 4 guarantees 1, to protect the no game no life ,Since then, the harem anime has become less .i like sell meat in the harem.
7 Vanadis:Refrigerators, fans, electric heaters, light bulbs, projectors, disintegrators, generators

Apr 9, 2020 9:08 PM

May 2013
I actually enjoyed this one I marathon it and didn't get bored I was expecting to have a romance though? the first few episodes where really good I want to see more Elen and Tigre interaction.
Apr 12, 2020 8:52 AM
Sep 2019
Any info for season 2?
Aug 18, 2020 12:27 PM
Jul 2020
please continue for season 2
Aug 25, 2020 12:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this was quite the so-so finale to what has been a fairly "meh" show in all honesty.

I've next to no clue how that one-on-one duel ended (getting that heads-up from the wind because of mettle perhaps?) but I definitely didn't see that punch coming. Damn, Ellen sure is observant and perceptive I must say in this regard.

Hairstyle ruining the ideal knight image and the maid plus the other two ticked off by the mood surrounding the new Queen and the Court along with the usual banter between the two opposing knight generals, was pretty much the highlight of the episode for me.

Aside from the interesting tactical "overview" & setting and the occasional banter or two, nothing else really managed to click for me. I say "overview" above because the action scenes which you'd expect to illustrate emphasize on the tactics were half-baked at best. Certainly didn't help that the production values gone into the making was very average overall and the pacing really poor as well.

Fan-service was certainly serviceable but sadly not as cultured as say High School of the Dead and hence didn't manage to deliver that in full force, I suppose. Bouncing titties and just the sheer sizes themselves, had to point this out I guess.

All in all, it's getting a 5/10 for me. A solid one but that's not much of complement really, and hearing about the events to follow hasn't gotten me too interested aside from a little spoiler below so I'll pass on that too. Not that I read novels or light novels for that matter nowadays, anyway.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2020 12:28 PM

Jan 2010
Damn, probably one of the most generic and boring series I have ever seen. 3/10
Nov 24, 2020 5:12 AM
Apr 2020
Another potentially great anime that turned into a waste one because of the rushed ending.. They could've made this a 24/25 episode or a split-cour series. Such a waste..

Oh well, atleast I enjoyed it. I'll give it an an overall 8/10 okay rate.
Feb 23, 2022 8:20 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, I wish the duke put up more of a fight. I mean, he was going toe to toe against a war maiden at one point. That was so anticlimactic.

It deserves an S2 though. It looks like that other duke has an interesting plot in mind and I want to see more of Valentina. I'm gonna miss cute Ludmila. 7/10
Feb 28, 2022 10:29 AM

May 2008
I really loved this anime! I normally don't like Anime that tries to emulate medieval Europe, but this was interesting and exciting. I would really like to see more!
Jul 21, 2023 1:23 AM
May 2021
I liked the anime overall, mainly because of the soundtracks though 🔥🔥. Final fight was rushed, can't say anything more lol. Ending was suitable for S1 and there is no hope for S2 *sigh*.Well good watch on crunchyroll though 👍🏻
Nov 12, 2023 11:14 AM
Apr 2017
Пошел нахуй
Jan 3, 7:07 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Why in the hell was Olga put in the opening sequence of she was never going to appear in that anime? I've never seen that before and I've seen a shit ton of anime.
Mar 21, 6:15 PM
Sep 2023
Quiero. I segunda temporada
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Apr 2008
Don't blame the wind you absolute moron, wear a damn helmet!

Even a literal metal headband would have saved you.

Stupid garbage
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.