Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 11, 2009 1:06 PM
Nov 2008
RIP Kikyo.Though i didn't like her , this was sad , and the last kiss was also sad and for the first time i wasn't mad on it..=))

On the other hand,though this will be rushed, this part with her death , they managed it well. Liked it.Almost cried which i didn't do in years.
Feb 10, 2010 5:37 PM

Feb 2009
All these for one already dead woman, Naraku is one freaking coward. Well all the great women in Inuyasha had died.
Jun 4, 2010 11:23 AM

Jul 2007
It felt like Kikyo's death could have been more dramatic.She was my favorite female character from the series so I thought I'd take it a little harder.

I've noticed that a character has died about every other episode so far. At this rate, by the end of the series there will be no one left.
And Although I think its pretty funny that Sesshoumaru is my favorite character, I'd hate to see him suddenly killed off like that :/

Anyway, I did like hearing Dearest playing in the background, it was a bit nostalgic.
Jul 20, 2010 12:40 PM

Jul 2007
one of the best episodes i ever seen!! i loved it so much and i'm crying yet TT-TT.
it began with an awesome fight like it seemed everything was going to finish finally, and all the kikyo part it was so kawaii and sad, that kiss was so cuuute T-T
Aug 13, 2010 6:23 PM
Jun 2010
I knew Kikyo would die this episode, since I always somehow end up spoiling an anime for myself. I knew that Kagura would die, too. Yet in btoh episodes, I couldn't help but cry.

I liked Kagura, but, like many others, I wasn't quite fond of Kikyo. I didn't hate her, I hated the fact she interfered with Inuyasha and Kagome's relationship (an that she tried to kill several people).

The tears started coming shortly after Kaede started crying, and I'm really glad that they showed Kaede saying goodbye to Kikyo.

Kikyo's soul had been contaminted with Magatsuhi making her soul become evil, but in the end, Kagome mangaged to salvage her soul, and Kikyo finally got to be normal. It was so sad I couldn't even be pissed off when she kissed Inuyasha.

It was a really good episode. It's not gonna be the same without her. I doubt even a Kikyo hater could hate her after this.

And anyway, Kikyo had been possesed by Magatsuhi throughout the series, making her evil. Magatsuhi is basically what happens when a soul becomes corrupted by a demon. So all the bad things Kikyo did throughout the series weren't really her fault. You could definetley tell that the Naohi returned (as in, her soul was back to normal).

I'm glad Kagome was so upest, (I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean I'm glad to see she truely cared for Kikyo). Though I wasn't quite happy how Kagome smiled at the end, although I know she had no bad intention when she did so.

Amazing episode, just amazing. So sad.
Sep 9, 2010 5:53 PM
Mar 2010
I saw this episode a while ago, but honestly I remember crying so much!
Throughout the 167 original episodes, I literally couldn't give a fuck about Kikyo. I thought it was fun to have her around for the whole Inuyasha x Kagome x Kikyo drama, but besides that I found her to just be a bitch.
I mean, I guess it makes sense, because she honestly goto ROYALLY fucked over. Like, royally. And I never really knew whether I should pity her, but I knew that I was always team InuxKag, so I was never ever team InuxKik. I remember episode 147/8 --fateful love song from before we met -- thats when I finally started to actually feel for Kikyo.
The one thing that pissed me off though was how she fell off a cliff, and seriously didn't die. i was like, "o.o wtf?"
But now that she actually passed, it was literally the saddest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. Kikyo was just beginning to get good and then she died... I mean, I guess you foresee her dying eventually because she's all clay and bones anyway, but it was still sad.
And seeing inuyasha venerable has always had a soft spot in my heart.
When they kissed, even though i'm InuxKag, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. It was straight up adorable. Seriously cried BUCKETS.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Sep 22, 2010 6:22 PM

Oct 2009
Spoiler Warning

I cried so hard when Kikyo died. I was happy for Inuyasha to be with either one of them. I know alot of people don't like Kikyo if they like Kagome,but I like both of them. And I think Inuyasha is equally in love with both of them. It was heartbreaking when she died in his arms.
Exclusively female yuri community with polls, games, member cards, and more. Join today.Recruiting Staff too!
Oct 5, 2010 9:24 PM
Sep 2010
so people will probably not like me but i was so glad that Kikyo died!
i ahve waited for this to happen for a long time. i secretly feel she always hated Kagome and never wanted them together so when Inuyasha kissed i just flipped out. But im not going to go into my rant or anything but thats how i felt
Oct 29, 2010 12:19 AM

Nov 2009
Well Kikyo's death was pretty sad actually, tho it didn't really move me to tears considering I don't like her. I have to admit I'm relieved kikyo is finally dead. It's probably better for her too, she can finally rest in peace. I wasn't happy abut how Inuyasha kissed her at the end though :I

Also the people ranting and saying that Kagome is a useless bitch SHUT THE FUCK UP. How is this all Kagome's fault again? Sure her power wasn't quite enough, but what about Kikyo? Seems her power wasn't quite enough to defeat Naraku in this ep either hmm :I Yet you don't call her "useless". It's not a matter of being useless anyways, both women did their part and did what they could, even if in the end they failed simply b/c Naraku is so freaking overpowered. So seriously grow a fucking brain before you bitch out a GOOD character. kthx.
Oct 31, 2010 9:05 AM

Dec 2008
OMG!!! Kikyo's death was too sad. I cried like a baby!
Damn you, Naraku!! Why won't this bastard just die????
Nov 13, 2010 7:49 AM

Aug 2009
Last kiss. Awesome!
Nov 13, 2010 7:51 AM

Aug 2009
First Kagura and now Kikyo? WHY?!!!
Jan 6, 2011 10:03 AM

Jan 2010
KayChan4U said:
I liked the instrumental version of 'Dearest' they had during the end of the episode.

And this is my personal opinion, but as a full supporting Kikyo HATER, I have to say..

YES. BITCH BE DEAD. BITCH BE DEAAADD. FINALLY. I was getting so tired of her just wallowing and walking around as a walking dead person, and getting in the way all the time. Not to mention screwing up Inuyasha's head :/ He's so much better off with Kagome.

FFS it's about time. Thank god. I couldn't be happier. I finally don't have to put up with seeing Kikyo anymore.

ALL Kikyo hater, PLEASE STOP COMMENTING HOW HAPPY YOU FEEL FOR KIKYO'S DEATH!
As a Kikyo lover, I'm soooo SAD AND ANGRY not because seeing Kikyo's death (cuz she's already dead in the first place), it's because you KIKYO HATER!!!
IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL IF KAGOME IS THE ONE WHO DIE THERE!!

I'm not reading the manga, so,
I'm already CRYING A LOT in the moment she used the arrow (from Kagome) to purify the jewel instead of healing herself....

Kagura...and now Kikyo....

DAMN YOU NARAKU!!!
T^T

*Please forgive my rudeness....I just can't stand it..
Feb 4, 2011 3:17 PM
Nov 2010
This episode is so full of awesomeness that I'm gonna pump the score from 7/10 to 9/10.

I'm still disappointed that it's a 26 episodes series.
Mar 13, 2011 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
Just to say if Kikyou haters are gonna come here to comment to flame and call Kikyo a bitch, let me say something:
SHUT UP!
IF YOU HATE HER, GO TO ANOTHER THREAD AND COMMENT THERE NOT HERE.

Have some fucking respect for the fans and go bash characters in other place if you notice in this thread it wasnt Kikyo lovers who started calling BITCH to Kagome BUT it were Kagome lovers who started to call first Kikyo a bitch, so who´s being more disrespectful here? and so what if she was a walking dead before? she was the hottest and more powerful corpse in the whole anime.
Go spread your love for Kagome in another place instead of bashing Kikyo. Kagome lovers who like Kikyo are welcomed, as for Kikyo haters, GET A LIFE! you should be thankful that Kikyo´s love for Inuyasha was so strong that she reborned as Kagome, dont ever forget that. Without Kikyo, Kagome couldn't be born either, so the two of them are important and the end!
And im not a Kagome hater btw, i just cannot stand people bashing a character even in the moment that she died. That´s way too much!

KIKYOU SAMA WE LOVE YOU!RIP!
OrulyonApr 7, 2012 4:27 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 4, 2011 8:36 AM

Dec 2009
Nice episode but sad, couldn't avoid, had to cry, especially by the music. I knew I have heard it somewhere else but didn't know it was Dearest.

Good bye Kikyo.
Jan 22, 2012 6:17 AM
Dec 2010
So far best episode. Warm yet sad.

{Still too much is happening in short time, It should slow down already.
It's very unfortunate that this sequel didn't get at least 50 or 100 episodes. 26 eps seems... , 26 eps are not enough !}
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 27, 2012 11:30 PM
Jan 2012
good episode, but also sad
Mar 10, 2012 3:01 AM

Mar 2012
Back in the day I hated Kikyo with a passion, but I grew up and re-watched the original 167 and understood her better, and felt bad for her. I eventually began to like her, even if some of her decisions are not the best...(in hindsight Kagome can be pretty foolish as well) and oh my god I cried, I cried I CRIED!
I had never cried in an anime before this, Kagura's death was very sad, but I knew it was coming..and it was cruel..but I knew..D:
I have trouble rewatching this for this single episode ):
May 7, 2012 1:22 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
okay... its been 2 years since anime caused tears...woah... i thnik first anime was clannad.. then few oter anime. then mostly mby sad eps or a bit teary eyes.. but this episode is actually few of anime that caused actual tears..
Dec 11, 2012 11:40 PM

Nov 2012
RIP Kikyo! Aww I totally brought tears when Inuyasha cried..but I do feel bad and how it end up that way DAMN U Naraku! but then again I knew eventually she was gona die (again)..great episode though.
🖖🏽ANIME is a break from REALITY🌈

Mar 30, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2010
Still don't know what to feel for Kikyo.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Apr 25, 2013 10:08 AM
Apr 2013
This was such a touching episode. I love how in the end the group harmonizes in compassion and mourning for Kikyo. I rewatched this episode 5 times and the tears always got me at the end. This is by far my favorite episode.

One thing that I noticed is early in the original series they introduce the concept of reincarnation. The way I understand it, Kagome goes back in time and learns of herself in her past life, Kagome and Kikyo are literally the same being from two different incarnations. Throughout the series I wondered about this and it seemed to me that the authors had a very limited understanding of the concept, not fully realizing the implications of Kagome being Kikyo's reincarnation. The scriptwriters don't hold true to the concept, and seem to drop it when it becomes less convenient for them. It were almost as if they expected the viewer would forget anyways. The remainder of Kikyo's soul should have instantly returned to Kagome upon death, but at this point she is portrayed as a totally separate entity and the concept is abandoned all together.
-LastBreathApr 25, 2013 10:26 AM
Aug 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Oct 2011
Damn, that was a sad ending. :(
Aug 3, 2013 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
I know I'm alone on this, but I've wanted Kikyo to die since the moment she came back to life. And Inuyasha said she had been the only woman he had *ever* love. Just as I thought, no place for Kagome -.-
But still, a touching scene...
Mar 6, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
Beautiful sky.
Oh Kikyou NO ;__; I liked of Kikyou, but it was the best for she.
Poor Kagome.
Apr 29, 2014 4:18 AM
Mar 2013
We always knew that Kikyo would one day return to the land of the dead, but I just wish it wasn't so soon into the Final Act. Kikyo's "death" reminds of the episode where she had a conversation with Bankotsu about them sharing the same fate.

It was cool how Naraku summoned miasma and dark energy to purify the jewel before it reached his body. That managed to save him from complete annihilation.

I love the ending kiss between Kikyo and Inuyasha <3 They truly are meant for each other. Goodbye Kikyo, you will be missed ;_;
May 25, 2014 4:02 AM

Sep 2012
Best ep so far in the series.Instrumental Dearest was so beautiful.Also Kiss scene was great.

RIP Kikyou, her haters can go fuck off.Kagome is such useless character, why is she even a main heroin?INU x KIK always.
This season seems to be on killing spree.
Jan 10, 2015 3:28 AM

Sep 2010
KayChan4U said:
I liked the instrumental version of 'Dearest' they had during the end of the episode.

And this is my personal opinion, but as a full supporting Kikyo HATER, I have to say..

YES. BITCH BE DEAD. BITCH BE DEAAADD. FINALLY. I was getting so tired of her just wallowing and walking around as a walking dead person, and getting in the way all the time. Not to mention screwing up Inuyasha's head :/ He's so much better off with Kagome.

FFS it's about time. Thank god. I couldn't be happier. I finally don't have to put up with seeing Kikyo anymore.

Oh stfu
Feb 7, 2015 11:24 AM

Mar 2009
What a sad episode. I felt bad for her, and Inuyasha. R.I.P Kikyo.
Apr 21, 2015 9:44 PM

Nov 2014
Kikyo...T_T
That was such a sad episode!
That's the last time Kikyo will die...T_T
InuYasha crying actually made me tear up...
Jun 10, 2015 10:04 AM

Mar 2010
Sad....very good episode . Devastated my heart like that :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2011
The bio on Kikyo's character page is more accurate than most of what I'm hearing here lol. For the lazy people:

- she distanced herself from Inuyasha and set her goal to killing Naraku (Inuyasha was the one chasing her, go hate Inuyasha.)
Her original life and revived life were both full of hardship and suffering. Kikyo was a tragic character and she had every right to destroy Naraku to find peace and happiness.

I knew Kikyo would eventually die, her body is "dead" after all (she needs souls to move). KagomexInuyasha was guaranteed from the start, though it's still the same soul in the end. I suppose that's one of the important things about Kagome being Kikyo's reincarnation.
MirorinJul 21, 2015 4:56 PM
Aug 23, 2015 6:14 PM

Sep 2008
KayChan4U said:

YES. BITCH BE DEAD. BITCH BE DEAAADD. FINALLY. I was getting so tired of her just wallowing and walking around as a walking dead person, and getting in the way all the time. Not to mention screwing up Inuyasha&#039;s head :/ He&#039;s so much better off with Kagome.

This comment made me LOL so hard. Thanks.

I did cry with this episode, but I also felt a kind of relief after Kikyo's death. I'm REALLY glad Takahashi didn't wait until the VERY end of the series to solve this seemingly never-ending love triangle. In that way, we can see the beginning of a pretty nice development of the Inu-Kag relationship, as she begins to heal his soul, so to speak.

I just wish Rumiko Takahashi wasn't so fixated with constantly casting the Kikyo shadow over their relationship, as she kept doing even in the extra chapter she included in the manga. That pisses me off, even to this day u.u

*^*Random Rant*^*
Sep 20, 2015 11:09 PM

Dec 2009
So many tears ;-; KIKYOUUUU
Oct 21, 2015 12:05 AM
Apr 2015
Really good episode.
(⇀‿‿↼) ( ͠°‿‿ °) ( ͡°‿‿ ͡°) (⍜‿‿⍜) (๏‿‿๏) (■‿‿■) ( ͡⎚‿‿ ͡⎚) (◕‿‿◕) (x‿‿x) (ᵔ‿‿ᵔ) ( ̄‿‿ ̄) (⪩‿‿⪨)
Nov 11, 2015 11:48 PM

Apr 2012
I never liked Kikyou but that was sad :(
Feb 22, 2016 5:23 PM

Apr 2015
Alright Alright Alright

I hope the 3rd time was just about enough for Kikiyo to finally die. I certainly hope that it won't take long for Kohaku, because he's practically already dead, right? RIGHT?
Oh, and now that Koga doesn't have jewel shards, he can get lost too, never liked him anyway^^ Or he can also die...together with Shipo, he's a useless one too :3
Mar 16, 2016 4:51 PM

Jan 2012
Saddest ep in inuyasha , Kikyo is better than kagome
Tackey & Tsubasa ost is good

Mar 24, 2016 11:33 AM

Jun 2015
This was so sad and I just watched a sad Gintama episode and now I have emotion overload. I'm crying
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 2, 2016 10:09 PM
Apr 2016
geemaa said:
Kikyo will be missed!

Yes will missed her a lot

Kittenia said:
I didn't think I would cry so hard, and I'm in love with Inuyasha x Kagome, but I really liked Kikyou and had so much respect for her and her relationship with Inuyasha. The music brought good memories and had a nice effect, really hit the spot.

In regards to what Nushi said, I think definitely he would have chosen Kikyou over Kagome (and has happened before) if she hadn't died. I think luckily, Kagome is there to be with him and as her reincarnation I find it a natural fate really. Everyone should know your first love will always be different from the others, Kagome understands that. But I'm very glad Inuyasha is able to love her as well<3

I'm glad at least he rekindle the love they had, even if it was for one last time. After watching episode 147-148, I realized the time Kikyo and Inuyasha shared is irreplaceable something that Kagome never really experienced. Their love is an era where there is ceaseless fighting was truly something to be happy about.
wakka9ca said:
Good thing I'm not watching this series. I simply wanted to hear Dearest at the end. lol.

Other than that, can't comment much. Only watched the Dearest part.

I actually watched Inuyasha because of this scene, it was memorable. I guess in the back of my head when I was younger, I didn't watch it because I didn't want to feel sadness. I could tell how much people missed her based on the fact that Shippo didn't make any more of the rude comments, no one was arguing why Inuyasha was leaving Kagome and also when Kaede didn't want her sister to leave and didn't care about the apology.

I'm they used the "dearest" in the scene. It was beautiful. Even if Kikyo's remaining soul return to Kagome, it would never be the same again. I hope if Inuyasha dies, he can still see her in the afterlife. Their time was fleeting and torn by Naraku's schemes.
Jun 20, 2016 3:53 PM

Jun 2016
Oh my god, she's dead :( tearjerker that one was... RIP </3
Jun 20, 2016 10:14 PM
Apr 2016
AstralBloodbath said:
Oh my god, she's dead :( tearjerker that one was... RIP </3

There is a another series, tragedy very similar, but result is different, if you want I could give the name of it although it isn't exactly anime.
Dec 4, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2015
Excellent episode, one of the few from InuYasha, Kikyo's death was well performed and with a sad atmosphere.
Dec 24, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Frigid crybaby is gone. o/
Personal favorite episode.
Feb 3, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2013
I'm a HUGE Kikyou fan and fan of InuYasha/Kikyou. This is one of the best episodes of any anime I've ever watched, absolutely amazing. I was HEARTBROKEN seeing Kikyou this episode, especially her death and her final moments with InuYasha. I can't believe that she's fully dead. I really wish she stayed alive until the end, at least. The scene of InuYasha kissing Kikyou for the last time was something I couldn't believe, WOW! And Kagome (and everyone!) feeling bad for Kikyou and crying for her .... wow. I'm proud of Kagome for not being immature or annoying (she's been better in Final Act) and crying for Kikyou, really caring for her. She's had a sad yet tremendous arc and story so far in InuYasha, one of my favourite anime characters maybe of all time. A truly tragic and amazing character and story arc. Kikyou you will be missed, you were amazing. Sad yet AMAZING episode, wow. I'm going to rewatch it soon, best episode of InuYasha so far.

Feb 5, 2017 12:30 AM
Apr 2016
I'm glad she was happy still...
Feb 15, 2017 7:41 PM

Dec 2016
Just like Kagura, Kikyo was one of the characters I hated after she made her first appearance back, but over time I grew to understand them and feel sympathy for them, and at both of their death scenes I cried like a bitch lol
The scene when Kaede saw her sister and cried though was what really started me bawling :'((( And then the music and Inuyasha crying and then the kiss ohh gosh just rip my heart out I don't need all these feels

I mean I kinda saw it coming what with the fast pace of this series so far but it still hurt. But this episode was done really nicely and it was good to see all the other characters' reactions too, and I'm really glad the triangle can be done now with no ill feelings being had by/toward anyone. In a way it sort of HAD to end like this. Hopefully Kikyo can rest peacefully now and be a normal girl like she said, and finally be free just like Kagura is with the wind <3
Feb 27, 2017 3:52 PM
Apr 2016
Well more like in space.
Dec 7, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2017
So I'm rewatching episodes with Kikyo in them. I love her character so much. One of the sole reasons I continued Final Act. In all honestly I hated Kagome lmao, her personality annoyed me from beginning to end.

I truly loved the bond inuyasha and kikyo had, forever my OTP. I'm not crying btw.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2009

143 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 1, 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.