Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 11, 2008 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, FMP just went slightly loopy. Well more loopy than usual. I'm of course talking about the extreme violence on display in this episode, from a man getting shoved out of a copter for no apparent reason, to the lethal (and pointlessly lesbo) twins.

Unfortunately it looks like the generic villain of season 1 might be making a return in the future. Although at this point I'd rather put up with Gauron than the current balding loon.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 21, 2008 3:22 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah! The DVD version really put the two naked twins.

And it really gets exciting now, but it's too much for FMP to handle so much violence. The teeth is grined with a gun? Ouch! It's too much! XD

But I like it now, I can't imagine what will happen next so I need to watch it right away.

~on episode 3.. ^^

n1 by KAA..
Apr 26, 2008 5:41 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah, this was more violent than usual. Violence + Echii scenes... I wonder whats coming next

*Also on 3*

Jul 11, 2008 8:21 PM

Feb 2008
WHAT THE FUCK, KAA TRANSLATED JAMMER AS RADAR? WHAT THE FUCK?

Anyways I laughed for the first time at FMP, it seems to better than the original series (which I didn't like at all). I kind of like the new villain, not much but he's funny at least, Gauron was just booooore GTFO. Also I'm digging the violence and the pale approach to death, much better than the naive original.

Also bland fan service is bland.
Oct 23, 2008 8:37 AM

Jun 2008
didnt expect this kind of violence and that villain is really crazy
Nov 4, 2008 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
that guy's a looney.
Nov 15, 2008 11:00 AM

Jul 2008
Oh, what is this?

I must say, the violence was surely unexpected but I do like.

Definitely gives the show a different feel to it.
Dec 26, 2008 2:09 PM

Dec 2008
I must say that this episode was a bit graphic for FMP, what with the violence and totally pointless nudity..., but still there was plenty of classic Souske and Chidori scenes so it appears that this series will stick to its roots at least partially.
Dec 28, 2008 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
I find this better than the previous series. Sousuke is still a war-freak n00b, the new villain's more of a sadist than the previous one, there's more violence, and more ecchi scenes? Whoa at the lesbo twins ><
Mar 21, 2009 3:32 PM

Dec 2008
those twins are hot, Yu Fan Xia's suit reminds me of the ones from evangelion.

i kind of like the new villain's insanity. I find his actions and reactions rather funnie.
Jun 16, 2009 6:29 PM

Apr 2009
I must say, that was fucking awesome. On the first episode of his appearance, and I can already tell that Im gonna love Gates. He's so crazy and violent, I was laughing and crying while watching him. Also his whole squadron seemed potentially interesting, so I greatly look forward to the rest of the series.

Jul 8, 2009 1:32 PM
Dec 2008
im kinda disappointed at all the echi and lesbian shit in this ep....
Sep 25, 2009 5:35 PM

Jul 2009
"There All Dead? Now I Cant Collect The Rest Of The Money, But u Told Us To...*BANG*" I Was Like O_O Damn Gates Caught me off gaurd with that one lol
Oct 15, 2009 6:15 PM

Aug 2008
Brilliant episode.

This Gates fella is pretty mental.

The poor teacher xD
Nov 15, 2009 2:14 PM

Mar 2009
Ah, I love FMP! This series begins really good! Exciting and funny, too. But to me, a little bit too much fanservice...
Nov 20, 2009 2:57 AM

Jun 2009
Ah, this is not your daddy's FMP! That's a good thing by the way.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 5, 2010 6:08 AM
May 2008
Episodes like these that focus on the characters are always my favorites. Also, looks like some conspiracies are flying around.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 31, 2010 10:28 PM

Jan 2009
Hmmm...the new baddy is so annoying but interesting because he seems completely insane. I lol'd when he shot the guy in the head for no apparent reason then wondered why there was so much death in the world.

As for the nakey sisters...no problems here ;)

Mar 4, 2010 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
I love the crazy bald antagonist. It was fun seeing him and his mood swings.
"Man, I have to take a shit." The best line to end an episode.
Mar 20, 2010 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
*plugs in*
-wakata.
-hayai.

hahahahaha, i'm so glad i have all the eps in bluray.
May 10, 2010 9:00 AM

Jan 2010
I gave it a 5 just for the crazy villian guy, especially the part where the guy says "But you told us to..." *BANG*.
May 28, 2010 8:23 AM

Jun 2009
Very interesting change of pace... Kyoto Animation...

Am I the only one who's more disturbed by the looney using a gun to scrape the girl's gums than the sisters being in love?

I mean dude! That's a freaking gun! It must be terrifying to have one brushing against your teeth, especially in the hand of that psychopath... I knew the girl won't die, but... I'd be terrified if I'm the girl... fucking psycho!

Boo.... I guess the big bad from season one is coming back... He ruined FMP season 1 for me with his constant dead and revival and putting Sousuke into a pinch and... yeah... Hopefully he won't do the same this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2010 11:38 PM

May 2010
Uhhh... wow. The Blu-ray version had nipples... fully uncensored. A little excessive, IMO.
Sep 24, 2010 3:43 AM

Nov 2008
I really hate that baldy guy.
Dec 12, 2010 1:55 AM

May 2010
At first I was like "oh, lesbian twins again? Pssht, how typical!" A few minutes later I remembered that lesbian twins are actually awesome :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 3, 2011 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
Hahaha, I love Gates, he's soo loopy. xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 10, 2011 6:22 PM

Oct 2009
OMG Phyco hot lesb twins ^^
Pretty sweet episode, looking great so far...
Mar 20, 2011 10:27 PM

Dec 2010
DeathReaper said:
OMG Phyco hot lesb twins ^^
Pretty sweet episode, looking great so far...

Looks like they are working for the bad guys but I absolutely hope they do not die. Those twins and that doctor are instant favorite characters.

Those twins are similar to Yomi from Ga Rei Zero.
Apr 16, 2011 7:59 AM

Jul 2009
Wow I didn't expect to see this level of violence in FMP. I could do without the fanservice though and I'm not liking the batshit crazy singing protagonist.
Apr 25, 2011 8:26 AM

Dec 2010
Ave Mariiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That psycho makes this worth watching on it's own.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 30, 2011 4:46 AM

Feb 2009
Okay, there's so much to say about this episode...

First of all, the fan-service was INSANE, plain nudity and a lot of, some could say, incest and lesbian hints. I hate fan-service, but somehow it didn't feel forced here, although it was a little bit exaggerated,

Not only was this episode explicit in nudity, but also in brutal and violent scenes like I NEVER expected to see in FMP. The confrontation between the terrorists and that new totally insane character's group was amazing! Short and sweet. Also fantastic and gory animation. The new girls do look interesting characters. So does that crazy dude.

And I am SO FUCKING GLAD they kept some of Fumoffu humor! Even if the tone is supposed to be darker in this season I freaking love the job that Kyoto Animation did with the humor here.

Oh and I LOVE TO DEATH Kyouko's voice actor, I want to marry with her voice!

So far with 2 episodes, I can definitely say that this season is much superior in everything comparing to the first season.
Nov 15, 2011 7:49 PM

Feb 2010
So far this season seems better... but we're only 2 eps in so who knows. I'm enjoying the darker tone mixed with the school days elements. That's why this series is so popular, the characters, and they're all back and in good form.

The lesbo twins aspects was random &amp; stupid.. but whatever. I too watch the bluray.. and I was a little surprised there was so much nudity.

The additional violence + new insane villain are a step up... I have a feeling (Psh.. basically i know..) that Gauron will be back, that bland + stupid MF, but I'm enjoying that he's not around right now.
Nov 27, 2011 4:06 AM

Jul 2009
If you didn't like Gates with his pistol against her teeth, think that he could with a little more effort created a few gaps between her teeth.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 23, 2012 7:02 PM
Mar 2012
Woah! That was some wacky shit!

Not quite the intense masterpiece the first episode was, but this was still pretty good. A LOT of fanservice, which is unusual. Not sure what to think of the twincest.

The action continues to be awesome this season. That confrontation between the two groups of bad guys was brutal.

Not glad to see that Gauron will probably be making a return, but this batshit insane villain was pretty cool. VERY unpredictable. Pushing that poor guy out of the helicopter was probably the funniest thing I've seen so far. Why would anyone work for that nut?

I was glad to see some Fumoffu-esque wackiness in the school setting. The mix of comedy and seriousness here was almost perfect.

Who was spying on Chidori? Maybe this Wraith guy who was mentioned briefly in the early part of the season. That poor girl apparently has to deal with a lot of voyeuristic attention this season.

A definite 4/5. I like where this season is going so far, hints of Gauron notwithstanding.
Jul 23, 2012 5:58 PM

Jun 2010
I guess they needed to bring new viewers up to speed on certain things, but the briefing scene was very boring. Their attempt to compensate by using canted angles and slight camera jittering was silly more than anything else. In fact, the last shot of the sequence before the lights came up and the briefing was over was almost upside-down. Was that a deliberate joke?
Oct 2, 2012 2:55 PM

May 2011
So this is Full Metal Panic. Already so much better than the first season.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 10, 2012 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was really good! Loved how they added more violence (blood), and to top things off, there is nudity now!

Oh and I'm really liking this new villain. He seems pretty awesome so far. =p
Apr 13, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
Beric said:
Uhhh... wow. The Blu-ray version had nipples... fully uncensored. A little excessive, IMO.

Quit being such a baby.
There was an on screen decapitation as well as a few arms sliced off.
And you're complaining about NONSEXUAL nudity, even if it is your opinion, be more open.

Anyways, great episode.
Aug 6, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2013
Not as action-y as the first episode but it's a mixture of fumoffu and the enemy's perspective.

They are in a football field and no one noticed the massacre? Even though the robots have camouflage, they still could have heard screams and gunshots...

Anyway, 4/5

Dec 29, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2012
Oh lol that EMP xD this episode had quite a nice balance between the real bad things and the hilarious funny thing that are happening! So either way let's see what's next!

Dat service :3
RafaelDeJonghDec 29, 2013 5:57 AM
Mar 20, 2014 12:09 AM
Feb 2014
I hate when authors change rating in a new season... I think the nudity here is superfluous here, just like extreme violence.
Aug 7, 2014 12:17 AM

Nov 2012
"Chidori, the important thing is to make sure that image does not get distributed, right?" -breaks all electronic devices in the building-
ahhhh, Sousuke.. never fails to surprise me
Aug 31, 2014 4:20 PM
Oct 2013
This series really lacks creating powerfull antagonists, it is not very interesting to see bad people fall consecutively.
Mar 24, 2016 7:58 AM
May 2010
Sagara really does enjoy taking things to the next level, I wonder what his pay is for him to be able to afford equipment like that...
Nov 20, 2016 7:30 PM

Jun 2015
We've got some pretty shallow folks in this discussion thread... why are we already assuming the lesbian relationship is pointless? If it were guyxgirl you'd assume there was a reason they were attracted to each other, right? Hopefully I won't have to eat my words, but regardless, let the girls do what they want :P

Anyway, liking the new season, liking the extra violence and Chidori and Sousuke are charming as always XD I'm expecting this season to be kind of like Black Lagoon S2, same characters and general style, but darker and a bit more serious. No complaints!
Dec 3, 2016 6:51 AM
Jun 2013
looks like we got a random butt shot.poor teacher and her laptop constally getting screwed lol. sousuke acting over protective again was pretty funny. We also got 2 hot female sis assasins who may be into incest i really dont know and dam that massacre was brutal. Looks like we may have a more entertaining villain. Though it seems the last one may be still alive. ugh he was rather boring and the fact they kept killing him just made him more boring.
Dec 5, 2016 4:40 PM

Jan 2012
Well uh...that was certainly something. Felt like the episode was on fast forward with how crazy everyone was acting. Trench coat guy's over the top insane, plus sisters who seem like....well very close. More nudity and about the same violence as the most violent episodes from the first season. Kaname and Sousuke were acting like Fry when he drank 100 cups of coffee too. XD
May 6, 2017 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
They sure upped the violence this season in comparison to the first.
We've even got frontal nudity now with the twins.

Definitely a lot more going on than what I was expecting from this season.
Jun 12, 2017 12:32 AM

Oct 2012
I don't see the nipples, dang it light of censorship.. It's just like watching To Love-Ru, well at least it's still better than Berserk's :P

Nice Ave Maria
He's killing his underling like it's nothing too
This villain, it's so ridiculous.. xD
Rayl1ghtJun 12, 2017 4:37 AM
"Signature removed"
Oct 24, 2017 11:50 AM

Mar 2017
Oh shit! Nudity, extreme violence and even crazier and zanier adventures? Count me in.

So far this has been a huge improvement over the first series, which I already liked to begin with. So I am really looking forward to see whether it can keep this quality!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

58 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 11 Discussion

Jikkir - Feb 15, 2008

41 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:08 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Feb 12, 2008

67 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:47 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

42 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 5 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

39 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 26, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.