Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 5, 2014 10:06 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ch. 64 - Welcome Party (歓迎会)

We get some sweet action from the new Levi Squad (I forgot what they are called...?). We see Sasha's arrow again, but I especially liked Jean's blade action. Levi is looking for Kenny.

So through the injection Frida inherited the titan power and the "memory of the world" (世界の記憶)? Hmm. Rod says that the power was stolen from Frida, which is now in Eren, and is encouraging Historia to take it back, but Kenny also wants the power. I am not surprised since it was obvious that Kenny had his own motive in mind. This is his "dream" the woman earlier a bit was talking about.

Perhaps there is much more to the titan's power than its colossal size and power?

I need to re-read...
AnaDec 5, 2014 10:09 PM
Dec 5, 2014 10:40 PM

Sep 2011
Don't ask for links to the manga
Dec 7, 2014 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
Great chapter. A lot of action. Loved how Jean killed that guy :D. However, is Hange dead? That is something i am worried about.

Also, a HUGE relavation about the walls and the Reiss family. I also noticed that Eren had/has the same lines under his eyes as Frieda.

I think that we'll reach the basement really soon
Dec 7, 2014 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
action heavy whith some revelations great chapter also is eren fucked either way(since basically he has to die for the power to manifest)
becoolDec 7, 2014 12:03 PM
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Dec 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2013
This is going to look awesome in the anime.
Nice to learn more about their world.
Dec 7, 2014 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
Ayyy finally were back to what this manga was about. The twist was cool and explains why the royalty really wants eren and why the Royal family couldn't do anything against the titans.
Hopefully Kenny gets development and backstory next chapter. I would like to know more about him. I like the reveal of the past, it is certainly interesting.
The action was done well and you could see that the kids were worried when they killed the other soldiers.
Dec 7, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2008
Papa Reiss is lying through his fuckin teeth. They had the power before Frieda and they never tried to end the threat of Titans.
Dec 7, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
This Frieda was one of the Reiss family members, right? (Historia's sister)
Dec 7, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
Archmedinian said:
yes
Dec 7, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2011
I liked it, the action was pretty cool, despite I found a bit boring to read again all the "be ready to stain your hands" speech from Levi, it is understandable giving the situation and the manga directed public I guess but I feel that the actual action miss the realism and spontaneity from the beginning. I wasn't especially affected by Jean, Sasha or Connie killing, or Hange been hurt... I'm lacking more and more concern about the main protagonists evolution, that will start to be a problem in order to enjoy the story >_<'

Anyway, the most interesting things were of course the whole speech with Rod :

-A Titan created the walls, modified people memories, but why does this Titan sided with humankid ? Does it comes from RAB same village, and therefore betrayed this side, in order to save another one ? And I guess the "king" Reiss is talking about refers to this Titan ?
I guess that Ackerman bloodline are one of these "bloodline spared from memories's alteration". Who are the others ?

-The injection turn instantly people into Titans. Ok interesting to know.

-Frieda knew the truth behind this world, but didn't revealed it, why ? I wonder what does she learned after she ate her uncle. Her eyes were so "dead", and from Rod look when telling it, it seems he was aware that these memories are heavy burden.

Since Eren got some flashback about Frieda life, I have good hopes that he will be able to remember even these "world's memories" one day and maybe we will even learn that he share bloodline with the Reiss family in a way or another that won't even surprise me at this rate.

-The act of "this Titan" was called a "blessing", but if they don't know anything from the world outside, and its history, how can Rod call it a "blessing" ? Except if he believes it must be one, since no one from the Reiss family said anything. But how he can be sure that they were allowed to tell the truth freely ? And why none of the family used the power to get rid of titans, before Frieda ? Ok ok, enough suspicion here, or the plot won't advance a lot XD

-Historia finally start to understand that her father want her to do the same thing that Frieda done. Time to make a choice, truly.

-Kenny playing the spiderman! :D Ahem.
Now that Kenny understood that he can't use the power himself, I wonder what he will do ? His "betrayal" was totally expected, but I liked the face he made when he realized that his plan (involving people believing in his "dream") was a "bit" messed, the shock and even distress shown were unexpected !
I guess he will still try to find a way to got a hand on it, but with the best of his teamate -the woman who leaded the group- hurts (her arm was broken from Hange fall) I wonder if he will try to rally Levi at his cause, or go to fight ? Well, the first option is rather low to happen, especially when Levi is so damn agry at him. The second is pretty useless, except if he comes with another way to get his hand on the power which is also pretty low...

Ah and I still want to know what really happened when Griesha talked to the Reiss !
Committing a crime isn't scary.
The scary part is to admit it.

Receiving a punishment isn't scary.
The scary part is to know the pain of it.

Neither crime nor punishment will be gone from the world,
Because humans are unable to know their future.
Dec 7, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
Great action this chapter. Poor Hange though. I hope she will be alright soon...

And what a revelation! Can't wait to see what's next with the latest development. I wonder if the others will make it on time.
Dec 7, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
I love how Kenny intended to backstab Rod on the first place and steal the power before he obtain it from Eren. The guy's so badass, as expected from an Ackerman. Too bad he's not a member of the royal family though.
Dec 7, 2014 12:06 PM

Mar 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Papa Reiss is lying through his fuckin teeth. They had the power before Frieda and they never tried to end the threat of Titans.

I though the same too, and either it is a lie, or either it is truth. If what Rod said was truth, there is the possibility that maybe since the owner of power is also the owner of the memories at the same time, it means that whatever memories they learned, that was fairly threatening enough to convince them to not do anything. Something more threatening than the titans itself, hence the statu quo, and the interest in the outside world taboo, etc etc.
Committing a crime isn't scary.
The scary part is to admit it.

Receiving a punishment isn't scary.
The scary part is to know the pain of it.

Neither crime nor punishment will be gone from the world,
Because humans are unable to know their future.
Dec 7, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2013
Dat action filled chapter tho. Amazing! I bet this chapter animated will look spectacular.

Love that we are getting more and more answers to everything. Can't wait for the next chapter, Eren should be having some action.
Dec 7, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
For some reason, the most intriguing thing I found, was that Kenny had the dream to overthrow the existing system. From the previous chapters we know he had a shitty life, but coming into the FMP, and gathering followers from the top tens, was impressive. Basically, it's the same thing the Scouting Legion eventually did led by Erwin.

The royal blood of the Reisses sums to not using that power for anything useful than brainwashing their illegitimate offspring. Now I can imagine why Grisha would take it away from them - they did nothing to fight titans outside the walls, they didn't do anything before the attack, and they didn't plan to help fix the walls. The only way to have a full capacity of the Coordinator is indeed to return it to a bloodline, which would be able to do what the Coordinator is looked for. Quite possibly though, they were never the Reisses. On the other hand, Grisha believed that this power would help Eren retake Wall Maria. It's highly possible the basement to contain the true history, which, none of the Reisses revealed to anyone ever.
In summary, how the Reisses kept the power within their family, is of little consequence to the whole story, ... Rod.

It can't be a coincidence that bloodlines like the Ackerman's were prosecuted or lived underground, or reclusive lives in the outer Walls. Grisha Jaegar also had knowledge who was the king, and Erwin's Dad either was a unfortunately smart person or there's something in his bloodline too. That is, the possible bloodlines immune to the Reisses' memory wipes aren't the present nobility.
zellamiDec 7, 2014 12:44 PM
Dec 7, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
Decent chapter. Really liked all the action. Wonder why Eren's father did all that he did.
Dec 7, 2014 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
Good stuff. Sasha and Mikasa were BA :3 Levi is pissed XD

Interesting info. So we're finally getting closer to know about the origin of this mess and why the world is this way. I wonder if Eren will find a way and know everything about the world XD

Kenny's Keikaku was totally not Dorii'd there XD
Dec 7, 2014 1:13 PM
Dec 2014
Where is this titan medicine coming from? Honestly.

Rod is going to get fucking killed tbh, Freida did it to herself
while everyone hid. Because she'll grab, stomp, do whatever a mindless titan does.
But he wants to give a shot to Histora. ( What the shot say on Freida's shot? Can someone translate that for me please? )

Well this erases the whole "Only girl Ressis's can obtain the ultimate power" theory since
Freida got it from her uncle. ( If they have to take a shot, is it really a bloodline thing? I feel like it's not a
royal bloodline thing like they make it appear,it's not like everyone can turn into a titan or just eat each other for
the power. Only one person per generation, it's more of a: "We found or invented this titan medicine, and we won't share it with
anyone." )

Say Rod was telling the truth: Why didn't you just stop the titans long ago? Why give the powers
to children? This was going on for years? Before or after the rich came over the waters to find the walls?

See. This is what the fuck honestly, we still have part in the manga the author put explaining the past how
the humans found it. So the Ressis's deleted that memory I'm assuming? This titan suddenly came and made the walls
in front the humans? So did the author mess up or is the Rod lying?

Rod is a liar. Kenny looks fucking destroyed - he gave up his humanity and was willing to eat another human bean. But
it would of been useless anyway, now he has to go back and tell the rest of his team "Nevermind". Is he going to
off himself or go on a major killing spree?

Major killing spree, we need a bigger pray circle Hanji isn't just in trouble.

I highly doubt Eren's dad did this to stop humanity, or Rod is lying. Maybe Reiner, Annie, and Berthold are right. Let's be honest,
when he kicked the wall he had no idea where the rocks would land honestly. Berthold was surprised when Eren told him too - Eren's
dad is doctor. He was a special doctor for everyone in the walls and the Ackerman family who was banned from the walls, hey guess who
else was kicked out the walls? Annie...Berthold...Reiner.

> Ymir's people, just a reminder.

> The lady looks like Annie just, bugs me.

Man, I'm hoping to see the difference of this skinless titan? I thought they we're always superior, but seeing the Rod family and
"The Titan" having skin makes me think they're posers. Annie, Berthold, and Reiner are warriors passed with this bloodline - maybe like Brik
Ressis's family ate one of them to start this whole mess.

I'll stop, god I love this manga.
Dec 7, 2014 1:36 PM

Nov 2014
KenniSenpai said:

while everyone hid. Because she'll grab, stomp, do whatever a mindless titan does.
But he wants to give a shot to Histora. ( What the shot say on Freida's shot? Can someone translate that for me please? )

Well this erases the whole "Only girl Ressis's can obtain the ultimate power" theory since
Freida got it from her uncle. ( If they have to take a shot, is it really a bloodline thing? I feel like it's not a
royal bloodline thing like they make it appear,it's not like everyone can turn into a titan or just eat each other for
the power. Only one person per generation, it's more of a: "We found or invented this titan medicine, and we won't share it with
anyone." )

Say Rod was telling the truth: Why didn't you just stop the titans long ago? Why give the powers
to children? This was going on for years? Before or after the rich came over the waters to find the walls?

See. This is what the fuck honestly, we still have part in the manga the author put explaining the past how
the humans found it. So the Ressis's deleted that memory I'm assuming? This titan suddenly came and made the walls

Rod is a liar. Kenny looks fucking destroyed - he gave up his humanity and was willing to eat another human bean. But
it would of been useless anyway, now he has to go back and tell the rest of his team "Nevermind". Is he going to

I highly doubt Eren's dad did this to stop humanity, or Rod is lying. Maybe Reiner, Annie, and Berthold are right. Let's be honest,
when he kicked the wall he had no idea where the rocks would land honestly. Berthold was surprised when Eren told him too - Eren's
dad is doctor. He was a special doctor for everyone in the walls and the Ackerman family who was banned from the walls, hey guess who

Man, I'm hoping to see the difference of this skinless titan? I thought they we're always superior, but seeing the Rod family and
"The Titan" having skin makes me think they're posers. Annie, Berthold, and Reiner are warriors passed with this bloodline - maybe like Brik

really interesting chapter. i bet that the reason its a bloodline thing is become the reiss family is one of those families that isn't affected by the titans memory manipulation and when they becomes a book of the world or whatever the reiss blood probably allows the memories from the previous book of the world flows much easier and smoothly. as to where erens memories have came in pieces and are very crude also he has no knowledge of the creation of the world so him not being a reiss is probably in one way or another preventing him from learning the complete truth, but the question is will we still be able to learn the complete truth with eren being a titan?

i like that kennys intentions were just ot betray and eat eren himself in the end. guess he wanted to be considered the true king but even without being a king being able to become a titan that controls other titans seems to be beneficial on its own.
Dec 7, 2014 1:46 PM
Dec 2014
bromains said:
KenniSenpai said:

anyone." )

really interesting chapter. i bet that the reason its a bloodline thing is become the reiss family is one of those families that isn't affected by the titans memory manipulation and when they becomes a book of the world or whatever the reiss blood probably allows the memories from the previous book of the world flows much easier and smoothly. as to where erens memories have came in pieces and are very crude also he has no knowledge of the creation of the world so him not being a reiss is probably in one way or another preventing him from learning the complete truth, but the question is will we still be able to learn the complete truth with eren being a titan?

i like that kennys intentions were just ot betray and eat eren himself in the end. guess he wanted to be considered the true king but even without being a king being able to become a titan that controls other titans seems to be beneficial on its own.

What does he mean by that? The true king will come?

What I don't understand is why now? Did this king titan speak English
tell them step to step what to do? What about the ape titan?

I don't know, Carla looked like a Ressis and without us knowing her past the creator could easily let that happen and making the excuse of why Eren can remember the creation.

A theory I read was: Eren made himself forget his dad, forget his powers, etc. Reminds me of the King's will.

Another theory was that Mikasa broke Eren's equipment, the equipment has never been malfunctioned not once. If she is suppose to remember, maybe she does. I'm still thinking about the 1st chapter in the manga. "See you later, Eren."

She knew everyone would forget, but why does it seem like she does forget if the Ackerman's aren't effected? Her mom was calm about life too, if she remembered - why wasn't she pulling a move like Eren's dad?

Levi is 35, he should know something same with Kenny. Something isn't right, it's in our faces but I just can't see it.
Dec 7, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
This leads me to question how much of this serum exists. If the there is a large amount of the serum, why didn't they make an army of titan shifters? I think this can be answered by saying that you become a crazy titan after you get the serum. But where do titan shifters come then?
Dec 7, 2014 1:59 PM
Dec 2014
sullynathan said:
This leads me to question how much of this serum exists. If the there is a large amount of the serum, why didn't they make an army of titan shifters? I think this can be answered by saying that you become a crazy titan after you get the serum. But where do titan shifters come then?

EXACTLY.

Who started this all? For a person to become an unmindless titan they have to eat a titan shifter, so did this really happen?

Exactly again, it's like candy now everyone has shots or something? What's the point if they weren't going to whip out the titans?

Annie, Reiner, and Berthold all had to eat someone, maybe it's not a bloodline thing with anyone. My question is why did the current King make the Ressis's step down? Can't they just delete his memory? Or at least they could have before Freida ate her Uncle even.

It's not adding up seriously, maybe the basement has boxes of serum. Now I just don't know what to expect anymore.
Dec 7, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2012
Intense chapter~! All the kids were a bunch of badasses
Poor Hange tho I hope she is fine
& I wonder whether Historia is believing all this bc idk if they had the power to do fix all that, why didn't they
Dec 7, 2014 2:21 PM
Dec 2014
Are these's translations on point? If so:

For the 1st time ever, Hanji's gender has been noted.
The use of she/her not once but twice.
Dec 7, 2014 2:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Could it be that what the basement contains is a record of the history of the world as experienced by Grisha? I don't believe fat Reiss for a moment when he says only they can use it. He's a liar and I cannot wait to see him punched in the mouth.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 7, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2014
sullynathan said:

The royal bloodline has absolute control of the co-ordinates powers, having the natural abilities to control titans and alter human memories. I have a little theory here.

What if the first king wanted to rule the world by turning everyone into titans and then controlling them like puppets using the power of the co-ordinate?

Except it didn't go according to plan. The Ackerman clan were resistant to becoming mindless titans, and their human memories would not be altered. If an Ackerman is injected, he will become a Shifter. Anyone who ate a Shifter would become one themselves, gaining the free will to oppose the first king.

So the Ackerman clan were hunted.

Maybe.
Dec 7, 2014 2:33 PM
Dec 2014
ramenshojo said:
sullynathan said:

The royal bloodline has absolute control of the co-ordinates powers, having the natural abilities to control titans and alter human memories. I have a little theory here.

What if the first king wanted to rule the world by turning everyone into titans and then controlling them like puppets using the power of the co-ordinate?

Except it didn't go according to plan. The Ackerman clan were resistant to becoming mindless titans, and their human memories would not be altered. If an Ackerman is injected, he will become a Shifter. Anyone who ate a Shifter would become one themselves, gaining the free will to oppose the first king.

Maybe.

What I don't understand, if they remembered they would have passed it on to their kids of course so they would never forget, so why doesn't Mikasa's mom even slightly train Mikasa? Only to hunt, wrap her arm, and sew? I mean. She should of pulled a moved like Eren's dad.

Levi and Kenny being older, should know something. Maybe not Levi seeing he never knew his parents - or forgot. Kenny is a mystery.
Dec 7, 2014 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
KenniSenpai said:

What I don't understand, if they remembered they would have passed it on to their kids of course so they would never forget, so why doesn't Mikasa's mom even slightly train Mikasa? Only to hunt, wrap her arm, and sew? I mean. She should of pulled a moved like Eren's dad.

Levi and Kenny being older, should know something. Maybe not Levi seeing he never knew his parents - or forgot. Kenny is a mystery.

Well that's it. If they remembered. Maybe the majority of the clan were exiled from human territory (i.e, outside the wall) and only a handful of Ackermans survived inside who didn't know what kind of a power they had.
Then again, it's just a theory so..
Dec 7, 2014 2:40 PM
Dec 2014
ramenshojo said:
KenniSenpai said:

Well that's it. If they remembered. Maybe the majority of the clan were exiled from human territory (i.e, outside the wall) and only a handful of Ackermans survived inside who didn't know what kind of a power they had.
Then again, it's just a theory so..

"Just a theory, a gamer theory!"

Sorry, anyway - man. Memory alteration, what else?
Dec 7, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
Hanji is down damn, the titan power Eren has are controlling titans then brainwashing people as well as remembering the history of the world
Dec 7, 2014 3:39 PM

Mar 2014
KenniSenpai said:
ramenshojo said:

Maybe.

If who remembered? The Ackerman's were never stated to be one of the bloodlines that were excluded from mind wipe
Dec 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
zellami said:
The royal blood of the Reisses sums to not using that power for anything useful than brainwashing their illegitimate offspring. Now I can imagine why Grisha would take it away from them - they did nothing to fight titans outside the walls, they didn't do anything before the attack, and they didn't plan to help fix the walls.

Agree. I just thought what could be even worse than the titans' threat, so that all of them remained silent? If he, Rod, does not lie, that is. I think he does or even he himself is mistaken or been misinformed.

Actually, it is a pretty good chapter, I enjoyed so much more than the last one.

I think there is a high chance that Grisha knew more than Rod, judging from the way he spoke about the basement and took the power from the Reiss. However, if what Rod said is true, then I think Grisha would not killed all of the Reiss children... (So he either did not know this or got totally mad with revenge etc.) Ok, he might got mad because of losing his wife, but I think choosing Eren and suggesting him to retake the wall was not just because he is his son.

Also, while reading the manga when I saw Frieda in Eren's dream (the mirror scene), first I thought she is his mom just being younger, but this might means nothing and is because of the mangaka's style of drawing. :D (As my friend complained to me before: "I could not tell apart some characters...Everyone had the same shouting face. So I gave up." ^^"""" )

I thought Hange is a woman as she looked like to have some boobs compared to Levi next to her (on the 1st page), but then again, when she fell I could not figure out what her real gender is. I hope she did not die, because we need some "easy-going" characters too.
asx-niciDec 7, 2014 4:02 PM
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Dec 7, 2014 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
KenniSenpai said:

anyone." )

I feel like I should comment this, because it's largely my speculation.

Transferring the power b/w genders isn't the issue. Frieda had it from her uncle, Grisha had it from Frieda, Eren had it from his father.

All I can say is that Eren currently lacks what Rod describes - the awareness of the human/titan history, can't crystallize (something the other shifters can do w/o the coordinator) such that to produce walls.

He, however, has the coordinator and in him we saw it taking the effect RBA was expecting. (They also deemed Christa important, but not as much). I didn't see Frieda using the coordinator, neither it was explained why among a whole generation of Reiss boys, Frieda was given the coordinator. (Also, did the uncle have kids of his own? Was he indeed Rod's childless brother?)

The way I see it, the coordinator might be something that would express differently depending on the gender and/or the bloodline. In this case one could choose what side of the coordinator to get.

If not, then we are either talking about different abilities, or shifters having more than one ability.
Dec 7, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
Looks like the whole team finally became killers... Also some new information about Eren and his power. I'm guessing the "king" who built that place is the one from one of the prequal spin-off mangas. But since a lot of the people there seem to lie and/or have altered memories, none of the truth about the Titans is truly clear.

Damn 2 months until next chapter...
Dec 7, 2014 5:12 PM

Mar 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Looks like the whole team finally became killers... Also some new information about Eren and his power. I'm guessing the "king" who built that place is the one from one of the prequal spin-off mangas. But since a lot of the people there seem to lie and/or have altered memories, none of the truth about the Titans is truly clear.

Damn 2 months until next chapter...

next month, the new chapters are always like that
Dec 7, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2014
Nice aerial dogfight

Dec 7, 2014 6:04 PM

Oct 2014
This sh!t is getting more intense, its awesomeness level is rising high.

At last, a revelation about something related to the world's history. Though, I'm pretty sure both Rod and Kenny Rogers still have some dirty little secrets within them. Idk, but Rod's explanation about how the Reiss family are handed the secret of the world really sounds... selfish.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Dec 7, 2014 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
Another cliffhanger...

I got to re-read this
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 7, 2014 8:03 PM
Dec 2014
zellami said:
KenniSenpai said:

anyone." )

I feel like I should comment this, because it's largely my speculation.

Transferring the power b/w genders isn't the issue. Frieda had it from her uncle, Grisha had it from Frieda, Eren had it from his father.

All I can say is that Eren currently lacks what Rod describes - the awareness of the human/titan history, can't crystallize (something the other shifters can do w/o the coordinator) such that to produce walls.

He, however, has the coordinator and in him we saw it taking the effect RBA was expecting. (They also deemed Christa important, but not as much). I didn't see Frieda using the coordinator, neither it was explained why among a whole generation of Reiss boys, Frieda was given the coordinator. (Also, did the uncle have kids of his own? Was he indeed Rod's childless brother?)

The way I see it, the coordinator might be something that would express differently depending on the gender and/or the bloodline. In this case one could choose what side of the coordinator to get.

If not, then we are either talking about different abilities, or shifters having more than one ability.

I just signed up but I've been using this place, Manga Helper, and tumblr for some theories and I probably did pick up this one from yours but I see so many usernames can't really lol.

Why give it to her at 15? Why not later? Nothing makes sense, but the answer is there. What gets to me is that they've been doing it for years, suggesting years before humans found the walls. They've always done it in that room, how?

Random question do you know Japanese lol, can you translate the shot Fridea is giving herself?

Oh, Freida's mindless titan looked like her regular titan. Hm.
Dec 7, 2014 8:38 PM
May 2014
Oh Kenny, you're such a psycho BAMF. Please faceplant Rod, thank you. Rod keeps BS-ing, or even if he's telling the truth, it's obvious what he intends to do at this moment. Historia, please, please don't be dumb. Obviously you wouldn't get that hug if the other Reiss kids weren't dead.

Reserving the front row of a fangirl seat when that fight sequence is animated. The two younger Ackermen didn't disappoint. Hope Hange is OK, though...
Dec 7, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, now I want a second season FAST !!

A lot of action in this chapter though.
Dec 7, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
Damn BA chapter. :D

Looks like the wait for the 2nd season is worth it after all and they will be able to finish the season with a BANG until the coming of the inevitable 3rd/last season.

Dec 8, 2014 12:38 AM

Aug 2012
What an awesome chapter we got this month. The Levi squad going in full force kicking ass, Jean, Connie, Sasha with her bow and arrows going in. The usual Ackermans being beastly. Hope Hange will be alright though don't die yet. Kenny at the end there dam can't wait for the next chapter.
Dec 8, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah this chapter was pretty dope. That entrance they made was so I epic, those smoke bombs and gas canisters were brilliant ideas, but I expect nothing less from Armin the strategist. Levi and Mikasa got shit done as usual, and I'm proud of Connie and Jean for getting their first Kills. Sasha showed off her archery skills, I was happy to see her cover Connie's back since I ship those two. You Gotta love Springles! Hange's injury got me worried since I'm a big fan of hers. Hopefully she'll pull through since it's wasn't a fatal wound.

If Rod is telling the truth about the walls and their creation, than why didn't his family take action long ago? Frieda isn't even a factor since the Reiss family had been in possession of that power for over 100 years, they could have been done something to aid Humanity in its struggle against the titans.

Now Kenny shows his true nature, however he can't make his dream come true since he is not of royal blood. Lol his face was priceless at the end! I wonder what he will resort to since his plans have been ruined? I don't know but I have a strong feeling there is going to be a titan appearance next chapter.

One thing for sure is Eren isn't going to die, he's the main character after all. Still... It will be interesting to see how this plays out next month.
APracticalStonerDec 8, 2014 2:57 AM
"I'm saying that guns aren't for threats, they're for actions."-Shanks
Dec 8, 2014 3:03 AM
Oct 2014
This makes a horrible kind of sense. So the Royal family's power, assuming that what Reiss said was the truth (which it mightn't be), is inside of Eren, presumably because he ate Freida; but when the hell did he get to eat her? Am I missing some information? I seem to remember that it was Grisha who ate Frieda, according to Reiss' story. It could it be that the power Grisha got from Frieda was passed on to Eren but only if Grisha ate Frieda BEFORE he had Eren. Or maybe, since we still don't know what the hell was in that needle he injected Eren with, he somehow intravenously transferred the power from himself to his son five years ago. But anyway, if this shit all turns out true somehow, then it means that in order to save humanity, Eren has no choice but to die. Great.

Something more that does confuse me though: Eren doesn't just have Frieda's POWERS; he has her MEMORIES too. When Krista and her father touched him, he remembered things and noted that most of these were not HIS memories. I think they were Frieda's, and that somehow she's inside his body, still alive and living through him. How - or why - else would he have her memories?

Also, I adore Levi. And the Ackerman's mystery is still bugging me; a moment of great realization, of power welling up...Mikasa, Levi, and now Kenny... What about Mikasa's father? Could it be that he was isolated from the cities because of that 'moment', whatever it was for him? And what exactly does it MEAN that the Ackermans all seem to share this moment of revelation? What's so special about them? Are they hybrids? Maybe, a mix of humans and Titans? I don't know how that would work - maybe humans with Titans in their human forms - but it's all I can't think of without introducing new elements of magic or some other shit to the manga.

Also...Am I the only one who thinks that Frieda looks like Ymir? "Ymir's people", anyone? I think Ymir might have been a Reiss, an ancient one since she said she had been wandering outside the walls for seventy years, and that the Reiss family are the ones who created the Titans - which would make Rod's plea a farce since he's not actually trying to destroy the Titans; his family created them.
ChrisMuser394Dec 8, 2014 3:06 AM
Dec 8, 2014 7:48 AM

Jun 2013
somewhat annoyed that people are reviewing the raw's so much.

So it will be Rivaille/Levi Vs Captain Ackerman for sure...maybe even Mikasa in it. I hope they notice him before he (Ackerman) Kill anyone else. Oh he has Underlings there too. and looks like these guys are most of the Top 10 of the earlier graduated classes. or at least that is the feeling I got.

Looks 104th elite has competently lost their Innocence. Competently one-sided massacre...weel until the Big bad Boss joins into fray...

....o.O HANGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Historia/Christa is questioning the things..that is good, she is not competently buying it yet. But damn the history of the Royal Family and the how the walls were created....awesome it's own way.
Oh damn...Kenny Ackerman...Turns out to be complete and Utter Traitor. Historia's dad is so going to die.. god riddance..but it leaves even worse enemy around.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 8, 2014 7:57 AM

Jun 2013
Edvokiya said:
Darklight0303 said:

I though the same too, and either it is a lie, or either it is truth. If what Rod said was truth, there is the possibility that maybe since the owner of power is also the owner of the memories at the same time, it means that whatever memories they learned, that was fairly threatening enough to convince them to not do anything. Something more threatening than the titans itself, hence the statu quo, and the interest in the outside world taboo, etc etc.

I agree there is something obviously sketchy in this...I am highly unbelieving that this is full truth...tough looks like Historia at least is not that much willing to kill Eren...I hope....Her loyalty to the Friends who bleed and Died by her Side, or Her Father who so far has abandoned her and now most likely is just using her. tough after learning the truth...her emotions can maybe get better of her judgment.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 8, 2014 8:19 AM

Mar 2014
Archmedinian said:

Correct
Dec 8, 2014 8:19 AM

Mar 2014
Hopefully next chapter we get more info on Kenny
Dec 8, 2014 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
FaolanOkumura said:
This makes a horrible kind of sense. So the Royal family's power, assuming that what Reiss said was the truth (which it mightn't be), is inside of Eren, presumably because he ate Freida; but when the hell did he get to eat her? Am I missing some information? I seem to remember that it was Grisha who ate Frieda, according to Reiss' story. It could it be that the power Grisha got from Frieda was passed on to Eren but only if Grisha ate Frieda BEFORE he had Eren. Or maybe, since we still don't know what the hell was in that needle he injected Eren with, he somehow intravenously transferred the power from himself to his son five years ago. But anyway, if this shit all turns out true somehow, then it means that in order to save humanity, Eren has no choice but to die. Great.

Something more that does confuse me though: Eren doesn't just have Frieda's POWERS; he has her MEMORIES too. When Krista and her father touched him, he remembered things and noted that most of these were not HIS memories. I think they were Frieda's, and that somehow she's inside his body, still alive and living through him. How - or why - else would he have her memories?

Also, I adore Levi. And the Ackerman's mystery is still bugging me; a moment of great realization, of power welling up...Mikasa, Levi, and now Kenny... What about Mikasa's father? Could it be that he was isolated from the cities because of that 'moment', whatever it was for him? And what exactly does it MEAN that the Ackermans all seem to share this moment of revelation? What's so special about them? Are they hybrids? Maybe, a mix of humans and Titans? I don't know how that would work - maybe humans with Titans in their human forms - but it's all I can't think of without introducing new elements of magic or some other shit to the manga.

Also...Am I the only one who thinks that Frieda looks like Ymir? "Ymir's people", anyone? I think Ymir might have been a Reiss, an ancient one since she said she had been wandering outside the walls for seventy years, and that the Reiss family are the ones who created the Titans - which would make Rod's plea a farce since he's not actually trying to destroy the Titans; his family created them.

I think the person who eats the coordinate also inherits the memory of the previous coordinate..Considering the fact that Grisha didn't have the Reiss bloodline in his,he was never the coordinate..He was merely a vessel who passed on the coordinate ability to someone with Reiss bloodline who could actually use the power(i believe Eren has Reiss bloodline in him through Karla)..It's possibly the only reason why Grisha would have sacrificed himself and made Eren the coodinate instead....Also,Karla being a Reiss would explain how Grisha knew about the true royal family, their chapel and the coordinate power they carry
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.