Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2014 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Emi is freaking adorable as a kid :3

Great performance overall for Emi imo. She deserved that standing ovation. I thought Emi might of confessed to Kousei this episode though. That would of been amusing It looks like Arima is finally going to play the piano. Been waiting for this for awhile although Arima struggling with the piano because of his past doesn't surprise me.

Dec 4, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2007
The moment that Hayami-san's character got attracted to the main guy's piano, and decided to be a pianist. It's like she's confessing her feeling to that main guy through the performance. How did she became from shy to cold anyway?

Both rivals don't like his choice for playing. Well, of course, it was chosen by the violinist girl by random way.

The fear from the cat and his mother got to him again before and during his rehearsal. It was his guilt instead because he said cruel thing to strict mother for she wasn't happy about his performance. And that happens at the end.

25:29 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2014 11:17 AM
Jun 2011
this was good begining for kousei preformence while he struggle with his play on the piano and his fears it seems he will face his fear from his mother in the next episode
Dec 4, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode. I found it crazy that he wished death on his mother but he was just stressed out and tried to make her happy but she ended up dying. And he just wanted to spend time with Watari and Tsubaki.

Hopefully he gets out of this tail spin next episode I think he will but how will he do it.
Can't wait until next week.
Dec 4, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
Emi's performance was really nice.

She being impulsive like that after her performance. Takeshi going like confess xD

Those reaction to Arima's choice xD Tsubaki with the "enpitsu" xD

I want to join a "I love the monologue club" or something >.< Really liked it when he was walking on stage.

More about Arima's past with his mother. Getting beaten like that, Arima being able to make a face like that and wanting his mom to die. It was quite the childhood...

Starting to not being able to hear his own music again :/
Dec 4, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
Well it seems like all the medication basically confirms Kaori is extremely ill in some way.

This episode was pretty sad. The worst last words you can say to someone before their death happened to Kousei. Now I wonder if he's going to be back up on his feet in the middle of the performance like last time or just completely fail like two years ago.
Dec 4, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
Loli Emi announcing her dream on the jungle gym was kawaii :3

Dat foreshadowing with Kaori having a bunch of medication D: There r many diseases that need many medications but the way they showed Kosei's mom having all those medications on the desk makes me think Kaori has the same disease as his mom :(

I was so nervous before Kosei started playing. His mother is just too creepy. She's such a bitch though. How can Kosei stay on her side after all that? What she was doing was too much >~< All that hitting :/

Friggin loved the scene when he said "U should just die" with those eyes. It's not something a son should say to his parent but goddamn she just deserved it.

Dat cliffhanger doe! "Can't hear notes" mode. So it's like a curse from his mom?
Dec 4, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2011
Watching that crazy old women hit her son, thank god she died. Character development is good, but airing the same scenes and saying the the same thing over in every episode is getting a bit old and making me start to lose interest, started off strong this anime, it's losing its touch now.

Anyways, apart from all these flash backs (apparently they need to remind us every week) episode was decent, was hoping to actually see how he played and to see/hear the reactions and confrontations in this episode, guess it'll have to wait till next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
He was always giving his best and yet she was being rough on him, it was kind of normal for him to start getting mad at her.
Dec 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
His mother was a real monster.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 4, 2014 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
god damnit why they end every ep at the best part D:
Dec 4, 2014 11:55 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
More backstory from both Emi and Kousei. And Kaori starts to worry me.
Dec 4, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
I love Tsun-Emi. Best girl for sure. What a great continuation of her flashbacks. What I would give for her to win and be the chosen one...

As for Kousei's backstory... It was not pretty. His Mom may have taken his training a bit too intensely and used some questionable disciplinary measures. But you know what? It's better than some other systems that I've heard of like this one right here:

Of course, that's the reason why musicians feel more comfortable being taught by the Japanese rather than roided up Austrian governators.

Anyway, interesting beginning to "Kousei's" performance with that long flashback and things starting to fall apart. What will he focus on in order to bring him through in the next episode. I wonder...
dankzelDec 6, 2014 5:30 PM
Dec 4, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2011
first time in my life, i felt nervous while watching an anime
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 4, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
That was intense. I want to know what's going to happen next.
Eh
Dec 4, 2014 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
Good job Emi.
Another amazing performance.

Kaori sure has a lot of medication pills..
I'm worried..

Kousei finally gets to play after 2 years.
Lol, the way they chose what piece to play.
Tsubaki's reaction.
> "A pencil..."

More flashbacks of the past.
Kousei's mom is so harsh. Poor Kousei :[

Again, Kousei plays just fine in the beginning, but then..
> "He's starting to unravel."

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 4, 2014 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
Dat was a nice episode... the "people like you are better off dead" punched me hard and i already read the manga... i'm also translating that chapter to spanish now, LOL.

Anyway, it's either KouseixKaori (otp) or KouseixEmi, Tsubaki isn't as good match for him.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 4, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
Wow....that scene where he gets beaten with the cane and he tells his mother he wished she was dead, that was intense. This is an amazing show so far, got your slice of life, got your music, got your psychological elements in there. All we are missing is some romance, and I can expect that in the future episodes.
Dec 4, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2014
What Emi wanted a a fist fight with Kosei? Oh it's just a way to cool down. And she's really cute when she was young.

Damn those medication of Kaori was too much!... Tsubaki being so nervous even if she's not the one competing.. Watari as always do his stuff but suddenly got serious when it's about Kosei?

Hell! That "Punishment" was really scary! I'm really shaking and scared! I didn't feel this when reading the manga!
A-1 Pictures you are so good on adapting the Manga and making it at it's best!

Kosei it's fine to get mad at your Mother because she always hits you and make you suffer but don't ever say "I wish you would just Die" (worst choice TL used) because she was still your mother!

Can't wait for Arima Kosei to patch that messed up performance on the next episode next week!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 4, 2014 12:13 PM
Apr 2011
ah ha! so that's why emi played winter wind! Makes perfect sense now :D

As I've said again and again, the choice of music in this show is just amazing.
Dec 4, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2012
Woah, there we go again Kousei can't hear the music. The flashbacks were a bit much. I wonder why Kaori has all those medicines :O, is she that sick?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Dec 4, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2013
That was sad seeing Arima's past. It was hard watching his mom beating him up with her cane and then Arima saying he wishes she was dead.
Dec 4, 2014 12:20 PM
Mar 2013
great episode i'm not glad about the fact that this part was split in 2
Dec 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2011
That was a harsh childhood.
I would've been totally broken if i had to go through that. I bet his mother cried when he said that, which mother wouldn't if their child said those words.
Dec 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2012
>All that medication.

I think I was right by thinking that she has the same condition and Kousei's mom last week.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2011
Emi's performance was really outstanding and I can't wait to hear Kousei's performance.

Awww, lil' Emi saying that she wants to be a pianist was really cute :3

No love confession eh... that's a shame...

Tsubaki sure was feeling nervous for Kousei's turn XD.

Dem Kousei eyes doe :o

Haha, Takeshi's and Emi's reactions were hilarious XD.

LOL, Kaori used a pencil to decide what Kousei would have to play... jeez...

Ah, I was thinking Kousei didn't own a suit and he'd play dressed in his street clothes XD.

Damn... those bruises... Kousei's already reminding his mother and having difficulties...

Poor Kousei... still being haunted by the memory of his mother and the opinions of others...

Holy crap... she beat Kousei with a cane and he even started bleeding... and he even said that he wished his mother would die already...

He can't hear the notes anymore... I wonder how could you tell in the manga if he actually played the piano well since you only read and see what happens XD.

We have to wait another week to hear an excellent performance (I at least hope it will be so) from Kousei... I feel like punching something for having to wait again...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Dec 4, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
so kaori will die at the end of this anime.. kousei to go full emo.
Dec 4, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
Emi is best girl <3!!! Agh, Kaori is really sick, a bit too cliché for me. Arima can't hear the notes again. The flashbacks take up too much time, imo. Really hoping he pulls it together. I mean his rivals were so looking forward to an amazing performance. It has got to be crazy disappointing. Obvs, Kaori and Arima will like each other, but Emi is so passionate and cute! So much buildup, though.
Dec 4, 2014 12:31 PM
Sep 2009
Ah, I knew Kosei's performance would be riddled with flashbacks. I really enjoyed last weeks episode because Takeshi and Emi's were shown with very little interruption. I understand Kosei's trauma, but I can't help but find it a little irritating that every one of his performances is marred by endless introspection. Part of me just wants to here his performance and the audiences response to it without being interrupted by flashbacks which don't even have the music of his performance playing lightly in the background to show that he is still playing.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Dec 4, 2014 12:31 PM
Jun 2012
damn that was brutal to watch little kouse get hit like that and the lady that was holding her moms chair didnt even do anything all she did was tell her to stop. but man it seems like she even punished him from the afterlife by dying on him so sad. emi was so freaking cute as a little kid and is it just me or does anyone else feel like kaori is dying and thats why she wants kousei to play the piano.
Dec 4, 2014 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
This anime pisses me off.
Men, waiting 2 episodes for him to play and he's not even finished by now + I have no idea what i am supposed to feel at the end of an episode.
Dec 4, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. Too bad Emi didn't just tell me since I doubt Kousei picked up all her intent by playing. More hints about Kaori and its really serious then she tried to claim. Wow what a past no wonder Kousei has trauma. I'm amazed he said that about his Mom and even with those dead like eyes. Well next ep ought to be a good one since I don't think hes really ready yet.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 4, 2014 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
Damn -.- Finally it's Kousei's turn to play but we don't really get a lot out of this episode...
The flashbacks were nice, but I want to see what's happening with Kousei.

Dec 4, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
judojon said:
Ah, I knew Kosei's performance would be riddled with flashbacks. I really enjoyed last weeks episode because Takeshi and Emi's were shown with very little interruption. I understand Kosei's trauma, but I can't help but find it a little irritating that every one of his performances is marred by endless introspection. Part of me just wants to here his performance and the audiences response to it without being interrupted by flashbacks which don't even have the music of his performance playing lightly in the background to show that he is still playing.
9 episodes.. 9. It won't be that way the entire anime.
Dec 4, 2014 12:52 PM

Mar 2013
Never put your dreams, the ones that failed, on someone's back.

I think Kousei need to find another reason to play the piano.
Play for someone! Or for yourself! You need to free yourself Kousei.
Understand that your mother was a sick person, a sad person, but she loved you, in a strange way, indeed.
As a person who lived a trauma.. I'm so in love with this anime, sometimes I see myself in this show.
Certainly I'm gonna cry in the next episode.
Dec 4, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
Oh ffs, episodes for this anime should just be 1 hour, because this one felt like 5min and we didn't even get to see Kousei's whole performance :< (not complaining about flashbacks tho, because they were good and strong).Now another week of waiting, sigh.
Emi is such great character tho.This show sure has some awesome female characters.
Dec 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, what an episode. Emi was cute as a kid.
I can't believe how much of a demon Kosei's mom was, just horrible.
Kao-chan and those pills, man hope she doesn't die later on or get like really sick. :(
Dec 4, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2008
The flashbacks are a part of the character development though, don't see why you're all complaining. 😒
Dec 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2012
Watched this episode, 3/5.
As they did with Emi's performance, Arima's is split in two episodes too.
Emi's flashback was a bit strange, she listened three notes and she was already excited.
And the other flashbacks were really tragic. Her mother abused him to the point he wanted to see her in a grave. That's harsh. But we're at episode 9 and they still show a lot of his past drama, I hope that the whole anime isn't like this. We couldn't really listen his performance.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Dec 4, 2014 1:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Chitai said:
The flashbacks are a part of the character development though, don't see why you're all complaining. 😒

I think, people are complaining about the fact that the flashbacks were scattered all over his performance. I'm thinking that the flashbacks should have been done before the performance, so we can hear it in all its glory.
Dec 4, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Lol, Kaori picked Kousei's piece "randomly" with a pencil... INCONCEIVABLE! haha~
Does Emi like actually have a crush on Kousei? Or is it just a idolizing-model level of love.

Damn, Kousei's mother is being portrayed like some evil villainous witch. Her smiles really creep me out. But seriously, if the mother is so into her son playing the piano, why does he have to be a slave to the music sheet? The player should be the owner of the sheet music and elaborate, and create his own music. If his mother was such a music fanatic, she should understand that. Kousei, you got this! Don't worry about your deceased mother (past) and create your own music (future)! Not hearing your music is all just an illusion in your head, you have to overcome it yourself.

But in the end, no matter how cruel the mother was, getting wished death by her flesh-and-blood son is tragic. I pity her while disliking her.

Can't wait to see how Kousei finishes his performance~
RaDec 4, 2014 1:11 PM
Dec 4, 2014 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
Damn.... Next week is going to be amazing...
Winners Don't Make Excuses

Dec 4, 2014 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
StormBoi said:
He was always giving his best and yet she was being rough on him, it was kind of normal for him to start getting mad at her.

Mad is not the word more like physiological damage. Of course it be like 10x worst after her death. Punishment feels like his mother cursed him but it is likely all in his head.

Also the cat is his freedom, his mother is his fears.
Dec 4, 2014 1:21 PM
Apr 2008
I'm getting sick of the cliffhangers tbh. Presenting a story in coherent segments doesn't mean there won't be any anticipation for the next episode.

This is not to say, that the episode was bad. At this pace, it just would've needed ten more minutes.
Dec 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
Intense backstory. Kaori must be gravely ill with all those pills :(. I was hoping he would slay his demons with this competition, but looks like he failed :c

Dec 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
Zeally said:
Intense backstory. I was hoping he would slay his demons with this competition, but looks like he failed :c
Dec 4, 2014 1:30 PM

Oct 2013
Well Arima is having some troubles. Let's go Kousei!
Dec 4, 2014 1:33 PM
Aug 2013
Nice episode overall.
Hope Kousei doesn't mess up due to his past haunting his porformance
Plus all that medicene tho. Feeling very anxious on the future development
Dec 4, 2014 1:35 PM

Feb 2013
BeomSik said:

But in the end, no matter how cruel the mother was, getting wished death by her flesh-and-blood son is tragic. I pity her while disliking her.

It is likely His mother took her own life. At least in a matter speaking. Not to curse Kousei but because of her own weakness. Something like that could make someones will to live die. Although doing so it worst for Kousei but she is selfish enough it is possible. Yes what he said was terrible but she was a terrible person.
Dec 4, 2014 1:36 PM
Oct 2010
bjorno said:
Woah, there we go again Kousei can't hear the music.

Indeed; it is ok for an anime to be 'variations on a theme', but this is just the same theme on replay. Come on, people. Are we going to be treated to the same problem, using the same imagery, under the same circumstances, from here to the end? It is no longer immersive or suspenseful. It is plain boring. Either have the protagonist move on, or show clear progression, or just focus on the much more interesting 'side' characters.
aku-rei said:
I'm getting sick of the cliffhangers tbh. Presenting a story in coherent segments doesn't mean there won't be any anticipation for the next episode.

Oh, definitely. I also think the director is trying so hard to manufacture suspense through the pacing that it looks like he does not trust the source material to garner viewer interest on its own.
hentai_proxyDec 4, 2014 1:40 PM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.