Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
Shaniyaz said:
I wonder how long until Murano asks Shinichi to prove himself to be a normal human being.!
He would probably be ok considering Migi only full took over his hand and the rest of his body is mostly his. The hair thing works on other parasytes because they take over the brain/head area, hence the hair pulling works. Migi failed and only replaced his hand/arm.
Dec 3, 2014 1:15 PM

May 2012
EPIC!
Dec 3, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2011
Really good episode with loads of action. I'm scared for the whole hair thing since someone will definitely try and pull off a hair from Shinichi's head. What's he gonna do about it, refuse? That's just all the more suspicious. Murano's probably gonna be the one to do it and it'll be the nail in the coffin for their friendship — calling it now.
if you told me we were dreaming, i would pinch you to prove we're awake.

Dec 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
best episode yet for me. Really exciting mass murder with awesome end result
Dec 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
LOL Migi discussing ethics with Shinichi while reading Crime and Punishment was gold

glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that
Dec 3, 2014 1:26 PM

Aug 2012
Tell me the two guys with Murano being afraid of Shinichi and the gov officials looking towards each other first wasn't a slight foreshadow to how people out of their fear will turn on Shinichi, or really how they will handle this whole situation in general.

Either way, it can't be long before someone questions Shinichi with his leaving the classroom just before the slaughter, and his being at the crime scene and disappearing after securing Murano.

Keten said:
The transition from the opening scene to the OP was a bit jarring but that's a nitpick.
Noticed that as well lol, mostly because the music was really fitting and then bam sudden transition. Forgot all about it shortly though.
Dec 3, 2014 1:36 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was awesome.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 3, 2014 1:37 PM

May 2013
I got some chills watching this one...it reminded me of HxH. And I thought Murano had been killed for a second there... I can't even imagine how Shinichi would've reacted to that!
5/5, yet again.
Dec 3, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode as always, one thing that bugged was why Shinichi didn't as fast as possible to take care of things or at least to get Murano. It was sheer luck she survived that massacre and then he got to het to take her away.... Kinda doesn't make sense for him to waste so much time.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 3, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
Okay episode.

DAT PITCH.

[spoiler]Kana getting killed next episode?
Dec 3, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2014
I wish that I could throw a rock like that. All of my problems would be solved...well not really, but it would still be pretty cool. Haha

Also, I wouldn't be too fond of that new trend if I was there. It seems very idiotic considering that no one knows why they're even doing it in the first place.
Dec 3, 2014 1:48 PM
Jan 2008
Psycho_Pass said:
Great episode! I really hope that Tachikawa realizes that she was the catalyst for the massacre. She may not connect the dots with the chemical reaction, but she has to realize how dumb it was to approach him in the first place.

I hope she realizes it. She doesn't even have to connect the dots with the chemical reaction. Her idea to confront him should be enough for her to realize it. She threw that chemical in self defense but she wouldn't be in that situation if she just told her brother or the police. It makes it worse that she knew her brother was involved with the police about the parasites yet she goes on her own.

September said:
Really good episode with loads of action. I'm scared for the whole hair thing since someone will definitely try and pull off a hair from Shinichi's head. What's he gonna do about it, refuse? That's just all the more suspicious. Murano's probably gonna be the one to do it and it'll be the nail in the coffin for their friendship — calling it now.

Hmm...would it work on him though? It works on the others since the head is basically the parasite. The parasite on Shinichi is on his hand and I don't think him being part parasite is enough.
kinkinDec 3, 2014 2:01 PM
Dec 3, 2014 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
That rock throw deserves a praise on its own, jesus.
Dec 3, 2014 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Celestrial2 said:
jimjameswhatever said:
LOL Migi discussing ethics with Shinichi while reading Crime and Punishment was gold

Yep.
I didn't actually read the book but the Manga.
That's some good reference..Killing humans and if it would have a Psychological effect.

Dec 3, 2014 1:50 PM
Feb 2013
I swear, this episode almost kill me.
And The dumb glass girlwasn't so dumb after all.
Dec 3, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
Well, after 10 episodes, i finally found a character that i hate - Nancy Drew.

Seriously, all 17 deaths should now weigh on her mind, drive her insane and completely destroy her life. I rarely say anything of the sorts, but what a dumb b*tch. She also just had to choose the school as the site to confront Hide. Why not an orphanage with children next..? For f*ck's sake...

Anyway, this episode was still very enjoyable. Shinchi knows how to exit a classroom. I'm kinda feeling sad for Shimada. He kept being unintentionally involved in all of this crap, which finally resulted in his elimination, somewhat matter-of-factly. He definitely had to pay for all he did, though. Shinichi just destroyed him with that rock, it was too good.

Murano's an idiot if she believed that adrenalin excuse. I really don't want Shinichi to end up with her.

Kind of a revolutionary episode, really nice touch. I'm hoping to see Tamiya soon.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 3, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
This episode's flow was... weird. It felt like they switched from one scene to the next with little to no transition. Yes, the action was good, but this episode as a whole just felt awkward to me.

That ending was strange too. Hair pulling became a fad? Wtf? I think that hair thing would work on Shinichi though. I mean, Migi's cells spread throughout his body, so it probably fused with some of Shinichi's hair cells as well.

But I don't get the ending... so there wasn't a parasyte in that table of government officials right?
Dec 3, 2014 2:00 PM

Jun 2014
dat hair trend doe
:3
Dec 3, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2010
The animation was not as good this episode but other than that it was great. Also dat rock throw.
Dec 3, 2014 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, but I'm not sure what the hair pulling will accomplish. Okay, you pull out the piece of hair and it turns out the person really is a parasite. Then what? You very likely die.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 3, 2014 2:12 PM
Jun 2012
i guess shinichi does still have some emotions. but i feel like hes going to slowly lose em or something the more bloodshed he sees. i felt like there could have been way less victims than they where i mean izumi leaves the classroom all pissed like he bout to do something and then he just walks around. even when he finally figures out that hes in the art classroom he still takes his time walking im like jeez really dude lol that rock through was freaking amazing though.
Dec 3, 2014 2:15 PM

Sep 2012
Episode 10 had brilliant pacings and action but the art felt a bit lacking. Still a solid 4.5/5
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 3, 2014 2:21 PM

Feb 2012
NeutralSide said:
Celestrial2 said:

Yep.
That's some good reference..Killing humans and if it would have a Psychological effect.

I can't help but notice that some of the philosophical elements of the show are lost on some people...

If you haven't read the book:
"Crime and Punishment focuses on the mental anguish and moral dilemmas of Rodion Raskolnikov, an impoverished ex-student in St. Petersburg who formulates and executes a plan to kill an unscrupulous pawnbroker for her cash. Raskolnikov argues that with the pawnbroker's money he can perform good deeds to counterbalance the crime, while ridding the world of a worthless vermin. He also commits this murder to test his own hypothesis that some people are naturally capable of such things, and even have the right to do them. Several times throughout the novel, Raskolnikov justifies his actions by comparing himself with Napoleon Bonaparte, believing that murder is permissible in pursuit of a higher purpose."
-wikipedia page

This also goes back to an event that happened a while back where "someone" had the thought "human life is precious" or something like that. If someone can remember what episode it was that would be great.
Dec 3, 2014 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Sniping with rocks, how cool is that.
Dec 3, 2014 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
[quote=deanzel]

Oh damn. That was some large-scale ownage right there. And not too bad of a job by glasses cunt. I'll give her credit for the paint thinner being a lot more effective as a weapon than I thought. Although, it was due to the paint thinner making Shimada go apeshit that everyone else in the school got rekt. She should have just taken one for the team.

I came here to post this lol. I was glad she got away but then after everything happened I thought it would have been better if he would have killed her.
Dec 3, 2014 2:30 PM

Feb 2012
LOAD said:

But I don't get the ending... so there wasn't a parasyte in that table of government officials right?

I would assume no. The point is, if parasytes can mimic human behavior and appearance, ANYONE can be a parasite unless proven otherwise

insan3priest said:
Good episode, but I'm not sure what the hair pulling will accomplish. Okay, you pull out the piece of hair and it turns out the person really is a parasite. Then what? You very likely die.

Perhaps social isolation? It just makes yourself an easier target for government surveillance I guess. This is all assuming that the fad is big enough that NOT doing it becomes stigmatized.
Dec 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
deanzel said:
And Murano... "Are you okay? You jumped down from pretty far up." No shit Sherlock. Good lord is she a moron.

I don't know much about it, but I guess the shock of seeing people slaughtered around you will make it hard to think straight. Especially when the details are more surreal than the slaughter itself. Your brain will just try to make sense of it all.

Shaniyaz said:
That sensei was just as dumb as Tachikawa; asking Shimada what's he wearing on top of his head instead of running the hell away.

The characters don't have the same insight as you, they have no knowledge of parasites existence. Would you run away if you were a teacher who found a student with something weird on his head coming out from a classroom where it was reported noise? You'd get the student to take off whatever he was wearing and find out what he'd been doing. No one is that much of a coward that they'd run away in such a situation.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Dec 3, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
NeutralSide said:

Yep.

I can't help but notice that some of the philosophical elements of the show are lost on some people...

If you haven't read the book:
"Crime and Punishment focuses on the mental anguish and moral dilemmas of Rodion Raskolnikov, an impoverished ex-student in St. Petersburg who formulates and executes a plan to kill an unscrupulous pawnbroker for her cash. Raskolnikov argues that with the pawnbroker's money he can perform good deeds to counterbalance the crime, while ridding the world of a worthless vermin. He also commits this murder to test his own hypothesis that some people are naturally capable of such things, and even have the right to do them. Several times throughout the novel, Raskolnikov justifies his actions by comparing himself with Napoleon Bonaparte, believing that murder is permissible in pursuit of a higher purpose."
-wikipedia page

This also goes back to an event that happened a while back where "someone" had the thought "human life is precious" or something like that. If someone can remember what episode it was that would be great.

Yup,I know.
Its similar to the Manga I've been reading.
Its basically Crime and Punishment adapted into a Japan setting.

Dec 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2011
Wow what an insane episode. That hair pulling stuff is going to be a problem later on for sure. If only glasses girl wasn't blinded by the crush she had on shimada, all those students wouldn't have died.

That throw thoughhhh, damn.
Dec 3, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
So i had some questions regarding this episode.

Did the survivors of class 3-3 just forget what they saw? Especially Murano cause she was right in there, is she just going to pretend it didn't happen or will we hopefully get back to this in the next few eps?

Another concern with the whole "hair pulling out" trend. How will that help? The trend obviously doesn't involve paying attention to the hairs then if one moves reporting it to the authorities does it?

I know I'm just nitpicking; I still absolutely loved the hell out of this episode
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 3, 2014 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Wow pulling out hairs is a greeting now. I wonder how the government did that.
Dec 3, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2014
That was a great episode. I feel bad for all the students :(

Anyways Izumi has a hell of a arm
Hi there
Dec 3, 2014 3:02 PM
Jul 2014
Who else thinks the black guy on this poster is Izumi? I am scared he will change into this :S
http://imgur.com/BnnczRi
Dec 3, 2014 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Yuko is alive.

Shimada is causing massacre at school.

That 300 meter throw was so amazing.
Dec 3, 2014 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
So happy they got rid of Shimada. I still don't see that "human side" of Migi getting stronger but I think I have to wait a little bit more.
lad Shinichi and Murano are ok for now. I feel like this "for now" is going to change next episode.
Dec 3, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
Brilliant amount of bloodshed, not enough fighting between parasites. I expected an epic battle from the cliffhanger last episode, but this one didn't live up to my expectations.

Kind of stupid that then new greeting is pulling out each other's hair, the amount of split ends is going to be abysmal, but it might link well with something else in future episodes.
Dec 3, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
Legal_Latino said:

Did the survivors of class 3-3 just forget what they saw? Especially Murano cause she was right in there, is she just going to pretend it didn't happen or will we hopefully get back to this in the next few eps?

Another concern with the whole "hair pulling out" trend. How will that help? The trend obviously doesn't involve paying attention to the hairs then if one moves reporting it to the authorities does it?

I know I'm just nitpicking; I still absolutely loved the hell out of this episode

My question too but I'm just gonna leave it at that maybe it gets answered in the later episodes.
Also how did they even start the Hair trend..

Dec 3, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
I love this show.
Dec 3, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, a lot of action from the start, though Shinichi be a little lost at the beginning, but then he was well, saved Murano and also destroyed the parasite with a beautiful pitch

Shinichi this increasingly like a super hero with superhuman powers and the dilemmas of using his strength, and beyond of Migi who is an ally and an enemy at the same time, the plot is certainly very good, and the adaptation is incredible, already among the best of the year ..
Dec 3, 2014 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
i can't believe the teacher actually asked the guy what he was wearing on his head

Dec 3, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
Legal_Latino said:

[b]Did the survivors of class 3-3 just forget what they saw? Especially Murano cause she was right in there, is she just going to pretend it didn't happen or will we hopefully get back to this in the next few eps?

[/b]

Well, I think they all saw the corpses and are scarred by that, but anyone who actually saw/got close to the parasite was most likely killed.

I know it's wrong, but I fucking absolutely loved watching the slaughter in this episode and seeing all the blood/carnage everywhere.
Dec 3, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2014
That's was an intense episode imo. Now everyone knows how to recognize parasyte.
Dec 3, 2014 4:16 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really glad that there's no censorship.
Dec 3, 2014 4:19 PM

Nov 2013
This is really turning out to be anime of the year. I just can't... so good.
Dec 3, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
xFrown said:
Who else thinks the black guy on this poster is Izumi? I am scared he will change into this :S
http://imgur.com/BnnczRi
Dec 3, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
That sharpshooting from Izumi was quite badass
Dec 3, 2014 4:50 PM

Jul 2014
No but if you pull out a parasites hair, what good is that going to do you omg if you don't even know they exist, and they'll probably kill you when you pull it out.
Dec 3, 2014 4:54 PM
Nov 2013
At least Tachikawa didn't die, although that was not too bright, she practically made Shimada go berserk. Shinichi saved Murano, that made me extremely happy. Lots of violence this episode, although I feel like the BDs will show more gore. Nice throw Shinichi, glad he's gone now. I wonder what's up with the hair pulling..

Intense episode. This show man, this show.
Dec 3, 2014 5:01 PM

May 2012
That was pretty intense.

I felt bad that Shimada had to die, he seemed like a pretty cool guy. All because Tachikawa couldn't keep away.

Dec 3, 2014 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
Episode it's self was great wasn't expecting that many deaths in fact it seemed like more than 17 but the animation this week was the weakest i've seen so far slightly disappointed about that but the lack of censors made up for it i guess.

So is this hair pulling fad actually gonna work wonder how that's gonna turn out
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.