Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2014 6:06 PM

Jan 2009
that was a great information dump episode
Nov 27, 2014 6:10 PM
Jan 2014
Things are getting really interresting, too bad it probably won't have a major wtf ending since there's the movie coming up in january.
Nov 27, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2014
VanishingKira said:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
Nov 27, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, despite presenting some almost unimaginable things how many pieces forming an individual who is not recognized by the system, but had a good development and the characters are getting more interesting
But still like to see Kougami appear ..
Nov 27, 2014 6:45 PM

May 2008
If only they wouldn't spoil Togane having some connection to Sibyl in the opening, that could have been a plot twist.
Kamui is just ridiculous.
Otherwise, this ep is kinda good.

Nov 27, 2014 6:47 PM

Feb 2014
I wonder how kamui is going to be killed...
Nov 27, 2014 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
Dam Kirito is made up of corpses from the plane accident.
Didn't expect the director to be Togane's mother.
Mika is screwed. Is this the end for her?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 27, 2014 7:12 PM

Nov 2014
Welp just watched it and loving it to bits. I was like 1-step-closer to accepting mika then 10-steps-further (bc of her report) then 0.5-step-closer back bc I felt sorry for her. Lmao dug her on grave and got ganked.

Not much of a revelation I guess since we kinda expected it alr that Tougane is somehow connected to the Chief Kasei. But I love how the way they were presented. Great ending.
[center][center]
Nov 27, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
Mika getting to close to the truth knew she was gonna end up regretting it but not this fast lol GG one time you were actually useful too!
Nov 27, 2014 7:51 PM

May 2010
Pretty good episode, I'm glad Mika finally did something useful. Hopefully if she makes it out of this she won't be as stubborn at defending the Sibyl system.
Nov 27, 2014 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
RedRoseFring said:
fllare said:
I'm really confused about how Kasei is supposedly Togane's mother?? like in season 1 she was revealed to be a robot and that the body was just cloned, so when she was 'killed', they would be replaced by a duplicate but with another persons brain? (from what i remember).

So if anybody has an answer as to how they can both link then i'd be grateful, as i really can't make sense of it myself.

All the brains that make up Sibyl take turns to inhabit Kasei's robot body. Misago Togane was probably added to Sibyl, so she was controlling the body at that time.

The robot is connected to the place where all the brains are stored.
Nov 27, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2014
The current writer saw the first season, right?
Nov 27, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting to found out that the MWPSB director was Togane mother and finally Mika was useful for once.

Still surprised that Togane got something to do with the Sibyl System even though the opening already hint it.
Oct 2012
It's getting better, this episode explained a lot, so the next episodes will use all the set ups so far to end everything. Man, Mika finally made something in this series and she ruins everything by making the wrong choice. For a moment, I almost felt sorry for her... almost, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

The opening now makes sense: Akane is the White Knight while Mika is the Black one, two sides of the same coin, as both have seen Sybyl's true face, but the path they have chosen to follow oppose each other, so one of them will have to die, who it'll be? (cough cough, Mika, cough cough)

And we now know that's not only Sybil who rules Japan, but Togane Foundation too. The world Sybil created foe Japan is only a facade to the same old world which we live in.

I always told my brother, who also watches Psycho-Pass (because of me), that Kamui is a Frankenstein's Monster-like person, and now it's confirmed, now they just need to confirm another theory of mine: there's a thread in Kamui's body that if you pull it, Kirito will fall apart into pieces, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Aug 2013
Animation is really cheap this season, it really makes it hard to watch.
Nov 27, 2014 8:08 PM

Aug 2013
People people...stop trying to say Mika was actually useful this episode.
The whole reason she was even doing that info dump was to try and fuck Akane over YET AGAIN.

Bitch finally got what she deserved.

This episode just reiterated how flawed the Sybil system actually is. Especially with the fact that the Sybil brains can retain their own personality in a robotic body. You have the regular chief who is a bitch, then that murderer's brain from season 1 that let Akane do whatever she wanted, and now Togane's mom's brain has taken over that body too.

Despite the fact that Kamui is a murderous villain, it almost makes it seem like he's doing the world a favor now. By destroying the foundations of the Sybil System none of this corrupt shit can happen anymore.

Interested to see how they're going to conclude all of this in 3 episodes.
Nov 27, 2014 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
I don't want to sound like a dick but I was kind of happy when Mika got fucked over. sure I don't want her to die but I'm glad she's at least getting her shit kicked in for being such a bitch

Also, 8 episodes in and I still cannot get over how good the ED is, just like with the original Psycho-Pass, Egoist once again gets makes me watch the entire credit sequence
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Nov 27, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2011
Die, Mika, die! How did she not have any character development at all? =__=
You'd figure after experiencing all these things on the case she'd start questioning the System or her own actions...

I like the plot twist it took. Hopefully Tsunemori will pull through unscathed. Wonder how she'll react this time though.
Nov 27, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2013
Does anyone actually like Mika? That's the better question here.
Nov 27, 2014 8:44 PM
May 2014
well....mika
that's what you get for investigating too much
Nov 27, 2014 8:48 PM

Dec 2013
TmZ_Holymama said:
Oh god! The more secret reveals, the more I hate this season!
For a Sci-fi anime, the writhing isn't smart at all.
I felt almost like when I finished the movie Lucy.
I've lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes on this episode.

Agreed. My God I don't even know where to start with this episode. Hands down the worst we've seen so far. Some of the rebuttals to prior criticism were admittedly sound enough to nuture my hope for better execution, characters, and creativity. Unfortunately, it just got flushed. Kamui, we learn, is a confection of 184 body parts? which magically survived a plane crash by conveniently ignoring impact forces and their tendency to shatter organs. The whole post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk Frankenstein twist was about as terrible as the comedic attempt between Akane and Togane (which by the way was 100x better when she peered at Kogami's scar in S1). Much as I can't stand Mika's bitchiness, I was really looking forward to some potential depth later on. No dice. Apparently, she's sharp enough to independently unearth the most significant case data so far, but not enough to be the least bit wary of Chief, especially after learning of Togane's sordid past, seeing the picture, etc. No, instead she considers it more logical to recommend having Akane relieved of duty. Laughable. Her loyalty to Sybil be damned, I can't subscribe to this level of stupidity anymore. And now they're keeping her alive to serve as a "model citizen"? Yeah...whatever. Hell, I don't even know why Sybil considers Mika a threat; she's been its biggest lapdog supporter the whole series. It was CHIEF who revealed top secret info. And don't even get me started on the contrived AA "investigative trap" Kasei concocted >_< The worst offender though was the giant steaming pile of info dump narrative that permeated nearly the entire episode. It just killed the suspense. The only character of this series I can appreciate is Ginoza, and he's been given ZERO development...

Would Kogami please return and put us out of our misery by blasting everyone with his .45?
DouluoNov 28, 2014 1:07 AM
Nov 27, 2014 9:10 PM

Feb 2008
So much shit was revealed, I'm still trying to gather it together. But all is well, because Kougami is back for the Psycho Pass movie.
Nov 27, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2013
Oh My God Yes, YES! That twist, alongside with Mika's delicious tears...FUCK YES!!!

It's even funnier if u think about it, because the whole reason she was even doing that in the first place was to try and Fuck over Akane YET AGAIN. Seriously i was facepalming so hard when she finished her little infodump...

Moving on, that was some Psycho-Pass level twist! I'm impressed! Mika was actually useful this episode, and that Tougane's Mother twist, just WOW...

We also get to find out why and how Kamui is a ghost, and i got to say, What the actual fuck?!

Simply amazing episode, full of twists, revelations, and Mika getting stomped on, it felt like i was watching Psycho-Pass, so yeah, wonderful episode, needless to say it's my favorite so far. Now just bring back my Kougami!!!

A lot of information, still got to absorb all that shit

7/5 GET REKT MIKA!!!
PriestSlayerNov 27, 2014 9:27 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 27, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2013
GET REKT MIKA!!!11!!!!
Freaking awesome episode since I spoiled myself after watching the PP Movie preview.
Happy Turkey day and THE HYPE IS REAL for the movie incoming!
mods are cucks
Nov 27, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
AllTJAck said:
fllare said:
I'm really confused about how Kasei is supposedly Togane's mother?? like in season 1 she was revealed to be a robot and that the body was just cloned, so when she was 'killed', they would be replaced by a duplicate but with another persons brain? (from what i remember).

So if anybody has an answer as to how they can both link then i'd be grateful, as i really can't make sense of it myself.

The mother is part of sybil's brain complex, thats wat tougane was refering to when he said mom, it was her mind occupying the robot at that moment.#

I'm having issue with how they are seeming to change sybil's characterisation cause it seems to be acting more selfishly and scheming alot more, and combine with the implication of societal control during the season in hell, its becoming more of a classic dystopian dictator system rather then the morally gray social management system of the first season

I'm not too sure what the intents are of the Sibyl system for Akane. If they wish to cloud her psycho pass and put her into the system, that would just be Sibyl following its normal course of action right? But if Sibyl wishes to raise her psycho pass, merely to have a reason to kill her or anything like that, then yes Sibyl would be your run of the mill dystopian dictator system.
Nov 27, 2014 10:12 PM

Nov 2014
NIce episode...
Nov 27, 2014 10:33 PM

Sep 2012
She deserves it

Nov 27, 2014 10:55 PM

May 2012
I actually had an grin on my face when Mika was getting effed over. lol

Take that, you ignorant some-a-bi-

Welp, wonder if her hue's gonna get clouded now that she'll learn about Sibyl.

Nov 27, 2014 11:11 PM

Nov 2014
wallflowr said:
Does anyone actually like Mika? That's the better question here.

I do. She's pretty much the only character that's made the show interesting without being pure evil.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. I think they could have been a bit more creative with how they decided to feed us all this information - it was all talk and no action.
If Akane's ever going to be like "Oh, I knew this all along," then I hope she'll do it soon because she's been quite boring this season.
Nov 27, 2014 11:11 PM

Apr 2009
Szadek23 said:
Well,at least the series finally reached so bad it's hilarious status.
I had to stop several times during the info dump.because I was laughing so hard.

This season is so fucking stupid.

Nobody cares, goodbye. :D
Nov 27, 2014 11:18 PM

Sep 2014
What the actual fuck indeed.
Nov 27, 2014 11:19 PM
Nov 2010
So, as a foil to Akane, Mika sure served the role well.

How Togane's mom became part of Sybil and retained her conscious/persona makes Sybil even scarier. I mean Sybil using the criminal brains as hardware, more acceptable. Retaining and using the serial killer's PERSONALITY and stuff to the point it can control everything? Dystopian nightmare. I guess we sorta heard about it last season... But this is worse... Where did the democracy inside sybil go?

Also I guess how Togane (son) became an enforcer is because his mom was pulling the strings...?! :S Sybil was somewhat morally grey in S1. Right now in S2, it's black and wrong. Hopefully it redeems itself somehow. I mean it's interesting, but it nowhere near Urobuchi-writing.
Nov 27, 2014 11:20 PM

Sep 2011
Sigh info dump episode...
I'm not understanding what exactly Shimotski found out that's so "secretive." What is AA and why is it Siby's biggest secret, and why is Shimotski being punished for it?

We also find out that Kamui is made up of 184 dead victims organ parts. I'm not understanding how they carried this out considering a plane crash would damage and/or shatter and break many internal organs to the point of them being not viable for transplant or use. I mean it makes sense if you're using surgery to remove organs from a person, but not a plane crash, where there's many factors that would ruin the organs

Also I'm not getting what exactly Kamui's is doing. He wants to overturn the sibyl system because they made him a "ghost" but how exactly is he taking forms of the 184 victims? By using the holos of the victims' future selves? And who are these "replacements" who were these impostors, and why were they illegal immigrants?

AlfonseNov 27, 2014 11:33 PM
Nov 27, 2014 11:38 PM

May 2014

THIS. I LOVE THIS.

Your anguish, Mika, it sustains me.

But seriously though, that Kamui stuff was way to crazy, and they really should just kill Mika now, it's pretty much the only thing she's good for.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Nov 27, 2014 11:39 PM

May 2011
So I think we could expect that Akane's grandmother is going to die. At least I think Togane will try something like that to cloud her PP.
Nov 27, 2014 11:53 PM

Oct 2014
What is this episode a textbook, why is it shoving everything down my throat. Do they need to explain everything in one episode. How Kamui is unable to be detected by Sybil, who the hell is Misako Tagane and Sakuya Togane. Whatever bullshit is with that [AA] thing. Did they just brought out stuff in this episode and explained it straight away cause this shit is just crazy

That is convenient. So what is Kamui's motive again? To judge the systen was what I thought. Now is just him just being sad as a invisible man. What a shame.
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Nov 28, 2014 12:00 AM

May 2013
The latest episode was rather beautiful and I seriously laughed hysterically when I saw the despair in Mika's eyes. She's probably the one screaming on the opening spoilers and inside the (I'm not sure) I think it's a gas tank?
I like eating.
Nov 28, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
Ok. So...

They made Kamui out of all 184 body parts and 7 of the brains. Because why not lol.

Panopticon. When Kamui is talking to the doctor and he says "and how is that different from the current system?" that's what I was thinking. Why is this even a part of the story? It seems redundant and pointless cause it sounds so similar to Sybil. I guess it's supposed to be that Sybil didn't want to be replaced by Panopticon so they intentionally sabotaged it, causing the plane crash I guess. Even so, why can't Kamui just be mad at Sybil for making his body all weird? Does he really need the plane crash as a motivation as well? Seems totally unnecessary.

Kamui is super surgeon who can use medicine and body transplants to change ppl's psycho pass. It seems to be saying that high ranking officials have been killed and their organs have been put into illegal immigrants who have now taken the place of these high ranking officials. He just swaps some organs out and gives them a new face and Sybil can't tell that anything changed. It's like magic.

And then at the end Mika gets caught in some trap and they are going to tell her everything cause why not. :P Why would they ever want to reveal Sybil to the populace anyway? Use her as a test case? Why? I thought they wanted people to be blissfully ignorant.

so much infodump
Nov 28, 2014 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
A bit ridiculous but whatever...

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 28, 2014 1:55 AM

Aug 2014
sibyl did say they wanted to eventually tell the entire populace....

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Nov 28, 2014 1:59 AM

Oct 2013
I think I missed something important.. what happened to Kogami? I honestly thought Togane was Kogami this whole time. Did I miss something at the end of the last season?
Nov 28, 2014 2:04 AM

Aug 2008
Shit got real. I wish I would've seen it coming, the foreshadowing was there after all.
Nov 28, 2014 2:06 AM
Jan 2013
TiamatNM said:
Even so, why can't Kamui just be mad at Sybil for making his body all weird? Does he really need the plane crash as a motivation as well? Seems totally unnecessary.

He considers himself as (and technically is) the embodiment of the 184 victims. So he's not taking revenge for himself but for all of them. Although I'm guessing that his main motivation is that he got turned into a ghost.

On another note, that biatch Mika had it coming.
Memento02Nov 28, 2014 2:11 AM
Nov 28, 2014 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
I dont even know whats going on anymore.

Mika gets raped yo

Akane has a weird blush face
Nov 28, 2014 2:22 AM

Mar 2014
VanishingKira said:

LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2014 3:10 AM

Oct 2014
Kamui has into himself parts of 184 people... It's a little bit absurd I think... And that is the reason why he can't be recognized... I thought there'll be a better reason behind this...

Mika is actually pretty smart and skilled, being able to find out all that stuff^^
When I saw her sending the report to the chief I was just like O_O NOOO DON'T SEND IT TO THE CHIEF(she's the enemy!!), and when Togane appeared out of the blue behind Mika with the Dominator >_<
Poor Mika, that ending!!!

Somewhere I saw that the ending song start with "only the criminal is right" and not "all is calm, all is bright", don't know which is the real sentence haha

Anyway waiting for next week!!
Nov 28, 2014 3:12 AM
Jun 2014
Welp. There goes Mika.
Honestly after how irritating she was in the first ep I thought that she would gain some character development by this point. Looks like I was wrong.
I don't really hate her, but I definitely don't like her either.
Eh, however, I hope she suffers. Only because in the first season, Kagari was killed right away when he found out about the Sibyl system. And I really liked his character.
Kougami needs to come back. He's amazing and I miss him.

Tbh, I don't think this season is horrible but rather interesting in a way.
But it can't even compare to how great the first season was.
Nov 28, 2014 3:32 AM

Jul 2011
ReiTakanashi said:
VanishingKira said:

LOL

Oh you guys XD
Nov 28, 2014 3:36 AM

Mar 2012
I equally Love and Hate this episode.

I achieve Orgasm while watching Mika suffering.

P.S.

The script writer behind this anime is written by a Chimpanzee lol.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 28, 2014 3:43 AM

Jun 2012
I don't understand what's going on at the end of the episode. Is Mika going to get killed? Is her brain going to be taken out and put into Sibyl?

Also, what was going on in that interview with the Doctor/ Kamui?
Shoot first, think never.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.