Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2014 2:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Law and Rosi with the big escape~

Lol, I find this chapter amusing especially at the end there. Law is quite the stubborn guy though.
Nov 6, 2014 6:32 AM

Aug 2010
Lol'd at Rosinante stuffing the DF in Law's mouth XD No one will ever know :P

I'm guessing Law will still remain with Doffy for a little while more? Because he seemed to know Vergo quite a bit more than what we're seeing here. But I wonder if he'll keep the fact he ate the DF hidden or will Doffy find out and keep Law with him in hopes of him being his Right hand man?

Rosinante is definitely on death's doors :(...That was quite the creepy smile he had at the end there lol...I wouldn't want that to be my last memory of a person I care about XD It's scary hehehe ^^;
Nov 6, 2014 6:42 AM

Feb 2014
now, that's a price for a DF!

Rosinante isnt going to die yet, Doffy will make the final blow I think.

Nov 6, 2014 6:46 AM

Aug 2012
Here's a poem:

Fuck you Vergo.
You're literally responsible for Rocinante's death.
Thank you Vergo.
Because of you this series' greatest villain survived long enough to eventually get his ass beat by Luffy.
Nov 6, 2014 6:48 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Of all the Marines that Law would have to meet, it had to be Vergo. :/

There's something about Dressrosa in that letter. I wonder what's written in it that could save the kingdom of Dressrosa. Oda, you're such a genius for connecting Dressrosa in this flashback! >.<
Nov 6, 2014 6:48 AM

Mar 2013
Can't wait for Luffy to beat doflas butt
Nov 6, 2014 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
Otsuru's Marine crew was All Woman Crew when she sailed Seas? Just like Kuja Pirates...Anti-Kuja Crew?
Some of them look really familiar...like I have seen them before..at least one next the hat wearing woman.

Goddammit Corazon...you really had to act cool, Shikuso...;.; T.T ...Goddammit...straight into hands of the Vergo huh. Talk about rotten Luck. Law got his cold Revenge on Punk hazard huh...XD goddamit this tough...Corazon!!!!

So bird Cage activated....Massacre starts now.

JarjaxleNov 6, 2014 8:31 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 6, 2014 6:57 AM
Sep 2012
Well in the end it turned out like we all thought it would. Perhaps Corazon should just kill himself and not Doflamingo the satisifaction of killing him. Should have just quit while he was ahead.

So is the flashback almost over, I think next chapter should wrap this up and we be back to present time.
Nov 6, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
That's was expected, since it's a flashback that we all know how it will end.
How many dark chapters are we at now? Must be the same number as in Skypea right? Are they trying to compete for the volume with the most dark pages? They need to beat Iris Zero them.
Nov 6, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2014
Woohoo!! intense chapter! Like usual, one chapter of one piece always deliver one kind of excitement.

Also, it's nice seeing Oda-sensei respects the ending of Naruto in the first page.. ^^
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 6, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
Dat smiling face... :D
Nov 6, 2014 7:09 AM

Jul 2013
it was great like usual
Nov 6, 2014 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
Another chapter that was pretty nice. That ending with a smile.
Nov 6, 2014 7:20 AM

May 2012
CORA: I'll die smiling! Because if you ever think of me in the future, I want you to remember me smiling </3
Nov 6, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2010
that naruto x one piece crossover!
Nov 6, 2014 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
Another great chapter.
White beard died standing and Corazon die Smiling. Both deserve respect for their greatness.
Wow, Law even though he hate the marine, he actually went and give the letter but why must it be Vergo.
How will Cora do in order to convince Doffy that Law wasn't his accomplice since Vergo know that he delivered it and beg to save Cora
I did not mean to harm anyone feeling or criticize the point of view of other. These are my point of views.
Nov 6, 2014 7:40 AM

Sep 2011
So next week is probably the end of the flashback, one of the best flashbacks in a while.

I liked the Naruto homage on the first page, nice touch Oda :D.
Nov 6, 2014 7:43 AM

May 2013
That Naruto reference on the cover page was nice. That Corazon smiling at the end there.
Nov 6, 2014 7:47 AM

Apr 2014
Loved it how my two fave mangaka paying Homage to each other in this weeks chapters.

Great chapter this week. As much as I've enjoyed these flashbacks I want to get back to the main focus and resume kicking Doffy's ass!. Or the other way around.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 8:05 AM
Nov 2014
FloatingList said:

Also, it's nice seeing Oda-sensei respects the ending of Naruto in the first page.. ^^

Yah It's nice how Oda also Respeced the Ending of Naruto, the same way Kishimoto respected One Piece. And is that Naruto behind Nami?
Nov 6, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2013
saberhen21 said:
that naruto x one piece crossover!

Yup that was nice to see. They had it planned! Also, that is Naruto behind Nami at the cover!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 6, 2014 8:45 AM

Dec 2013
Sucks that Corason is going to die, he's a really good character.
ImTheGuyNov 6, 2014 9:06 AM
Eh
Nov 6, 2014 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
WOW really law? :(.... I hate vergo. Glad he died. I hope the marines somehow get the message.... but prob not.
Nov 6, 2014 9:34 AM

Jun 2009
that explanes a lot his hate for vergo and how he met him the fear of the bird cage and the death of corazon :(
I miss him already
Nov 6, 2014 9:42 AM

Oct 2010
Good chapter and a nice homage to Naruto at the beginning. Since Kishimoto also paid homage to One Piece at the end of Naruto's final chapter, I'm guessing it goes beyond respect and that Kishimoto and Oda are friends.
Nov 6, 2014 9:44 AM

Nov 2014
Now i know why law had that smiley jolly roger and the color :(
~If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick.~ Houtarou Oreki

Nov 6, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
Corazon is dat nigga.
Nov 6, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
End of the flashback incoming. Solid chapter.
Nov 6, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
I wouldn't wanna remember that face.
Nov 6, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2008
Thimolimo said:
I wouldn't wanna remember that face.

Neither would I. Anything that Corazon gonna induce Law with is a picture to haunt him in his nightmares rather than a "happy" farewell...

But I must say, Corazon is a bro. Too bad he's gonna die in the next chapter, I wonder if I'll get teary-eyed.
Nov 6, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder if the message is about SMILE factory. I don't think the message ever reached the marines.

Never liked Vergo and I hate him more now.

That's where the Heart pirates' jolly roger came from? Cora's smile?

Nice tribute cover to Naruto.
Nov 6, 2014 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
Maybe doffy making smile is a cover for trying to recreate the ope ope fruit? he can only do zoans now, but i'd bet he is trying to make others. Or he can make others and isn't telling anyone.

Another great chapter, i can't wait to get back to the present time but this flashback is so good as well. Oda working his magic :D

Also really liked kishi and oda's references, was a nice touch :)
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 6, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2014
The naruto reference, showing why Oda saw Kishi as a worthy rival.

Corazons death was more touching than Aces.

Another great OP chapter.

Nov 6, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2008
Stab2001 said:
FloatingList said:

Yah It's nice how Oda also Respeced the Ending of Naruto, the same way Kishimoto respected One Piece. And is that Naruto behind Nami?

This. When I realized that was Naruto, I smiled. So sweet! :D
Nov 6, 2014 1:43 PM
Apr 2014
Not Corazon. This is going to be a bit heartbreaking.
Nov 6, 2014 2:00 PM
Jul 2014
One of the best flashbacks in the series, on par of the Nico Robin/Ohara Tragedy one.
Corazon actually was aiming to save Dressrosa in the process, interesting.
Vergo is sporting that classy bowl cut, his double agent scumbaggery and death in Punk Hazard makes it more satisfying to know the outcome.
Next chapter, Corazon saves Law and dies brutally and the hands of Mingo.
Nov 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2013
Love the cover !
Really like this flashbacks and Corazon is the best bro
Nov 6, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2007
Zetto92 said:
I wonder if the message is about SMILE factory. I don't think the message ever reached the marines.

Based on what Corazon told Law when he gave him the message, it was the full details of Doflamingo's plan to conquer Dressrosa.

Barion-Zara said:
I'm guessing Law will still remain with Doffy for a little while more? Because he seemed to know Vergo quite a bit more than what we're seeing here. But I wonder if he'll keep the fact he ate the DF hidden or will Doffy find out and keep Law with him in hopes of him being his Right hand man?

Law remains one of Doflamingo's associates until betraying him at the beginning of this Dressrosa Arc, so yes, Doflamingo knows all about Law having eaten the Ope-Ope Fruit by the end of this flashback.
Nov 6, 2014 2:57 PM
Apr 2013
Talk about bad luck.
Nov 6, 2014 4:15 PM
Jul 2007
I love that cover page lol.
Nov 6, 2014 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
FloatingList said:
Woohoo!! intense chapter! Like usual, one chapter of one piece always deliver one kind of excitement.

Yep nice touch with the Naruto memorial - quite a tease to hide Naruto's face :P
Nov 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Jun 2012
LunyRed said:
Of all the Marines that Law would have to meet, it had to be Vergo. :/

Ikr, at that moment all I could say was "Fuck." with the occasional "Well..." in front.

Zetto92 said:

To be honest, I don't think any of that's a thing yet... they're not even in the Grand Line yet in this flashback. But I guess it could still be about any plans they had for it at that point.

That's where the Heart pirates' jolly roger came from? Cora's smile?
Haha, that would be pretty funny. I could see that being the case, but I would have to wonder how their smiley reflects his smile there more than it does Doflamingo's. The only thing different is the 6 little things sticking off (best guess would be his "Calm" Room-ish ability), the lack of a cancel sign, and no line in the teeth.

You'd think it should have a missing tooth and maybe the tattoo under his eye. But I'm sure it's intended to both mirror Doflamingo's Jolly Roger just to irk Doffy, while also remembering Corazon.
Nov 6, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
What normally is a creepy as hell smile ended being super heart breaking knowing the fate of Cora-san. The feels hit me hard, this is probably one of my favorite flashbacks.

Also, that Naruto reference...very nice send-off Oda! Much respect.
Nov 6, 2014 4:57 PM

Nov 2013
Btw Nami was sexy on the cover. I really love these chinese dresses
Nov 6, 2014 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
Best cover page to pay tribute to the last Naruto chapter.
Nov 6, 2014 5:12 PM

Nov 2014
Liked the Naruto tribute; the chibi-fox was a kinda cute touch.

Super bad luck with Law running into Vergo. I mean, it was sorta predetermined given how obvious it was that they weren't going to prevent the Dressrosa incident, but yeah. Still frustrating.

Solid development, and it'll be interesting to see how Corazon intends to get Law outside the net.
Nov 6, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2014
I have a feeling the birdcage is going to trigger Law's devil fruit abilities.

Nov 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2014
sheidesu said:
CORA: I'll die smiling! Because if you ever think of me in the future, I want you to remember me smiling </3

</3 Heartbreak
Nov 6, 2014 9:16 PM

Mar 2012
Dat Naruto tribute by Oda for the opening page!

So that's how Law got to meet Vergo and witness Doflamingo's Birdcage.

Corazon stuffing the devil fruit into Law's mouth was hilarious! xD
Nov 7, 2014 2:16 AM

Mar 2014
Healing is an essence of life .. gradually and sometimes extraordinary .
Information leaked !! .. unexpectedly . things going down !! The cage is out !! .. Parting with a smile ~
Pretty good chapter !!! saw the two pages .. authors bonding coverage with utter respect .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

1 by FMmatron »»
May 3, 7:16 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
May 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
May 1, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.