Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BAMBOO BLADE
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2008 8:50 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was really strange and funny at the same time. I liked the Saya in the fountain part just because of how cheesy the music was. The next episode preview was so bad lol
Feb 7, 2008 9:28 AM

May 2007
I'm a little disappointed that Tama didn't annihilate that evil girl. I guess she's pretty ripped up already, but, you know, sometimes I'm vicious. ;) At first I thought they were going to give Kirino the chance to shine... but then they lost. I guess it just wasn't their day.

...But where did sensei get the money for ramen all of a sudden? ;)
Feb 7, 2008 10:43 AM

Jul 2007
The tournament ended up being somewhat anticlimaxic, but not actually bad. I didn't see it comming that Kirino's brother would come and ruin her turbo-mode o.o
Saya's moments were great as usual, though I wished the song had vocals too. And I always lol when that cat appears XD
Dan-kun is always surprising, I was really expecting something awfull o.O
Feb 7, 2008 4:02 PM

Jan 2007
They lost D: but great episode. Saya was pure win this episode. I loved the fountain part.
Feb 8, 2008 4:33 AM
Feb 8, 2008 9:51 AM
Dec 2007
lowellagain said:
He does earn some money. Just that he seems to burn it all up as fast as he makes it.

I liked it. You go into the episode with that "they won !" mood, then BAM, they lose. In a very anticlimactic way that was executed so well it was kinda funny. All in all, a pretty okay episode.

Feb 8, 2008 4:13 PM

Oct 2007
Did her neighbors really not care that she was playing all night?

Feb 8, 2008 7:17 PM

Jul 2007
Didn't they have to win this tournament so sensei could keep his job? I guess since he sort of made that up himself, it might not matter in the end.

And Tama's dad standing in front of the TV... that happened to me so many times.

Netforce said:
I thought that's why the lights in her buidling were on?
Feb 8, 2008 7:55 PM
Dec 2007
_k1_ said:

Netforce said:
I thought that's why the lights in her buidling were on?
Hehe, yes. Apparently someone didn't catch on to the old-school cartoon's way of representing annoyed neighbors at night.

And yes, I think he made all that up. He only thought that if his club won he would look like an awesome sensei hence the school wouldn't lay him off.

Feb 8, 2008 10:20 PM
Dec 2007
I enjoyed this episode. Saya was hilarious. The whole scene with her just launching herself into the water fountain and then seeing the reactions of Kirino, Azuma and Tama was classic. Great stuff. Also, what is up with Dan-kun? Haha. First he has Miya, second he's able to draw so good. Funny stuff.
Feb 8, 2008 11:20 PM
Dec 2007
Thousand-Eyes said:
I enjoyed this episode. Saya was hilarious. The whole scene with her just launching herself into the water fountain and then seeing the reactions of Kirino, Azuma and Tama was classic. Great stuff. Also, what is up with Dan-kun? Haha. First he has Miya, second he's able to draw so good. Funny stuff.
Dan-kun also has much more potential than Yuuji does for kendo. So, he not only has a hot chick, draws well and is on the top of the test scores list. He's also a potential great practicioner of Kendo. So yeah, little guy is quite talented and lucky.

Feb 9, 2008 2:14 AM

Jul 2007
_k1_ said:
Didn't they have to win this tournament so sensei could keep his job? I guess since he sort of made that up himself, it might not matter in the end.

I dont think that that was the tournament they had to win... I'd have go back to that ep to be sure, but I think he was reffering to a bigger one.
Feb 9, 2008 2:08 PM
Dec 2007
Uuchie said:
_k1_ said:

I dont think that that was the tournament they had to win... I'd have go back to that ep to be sure, but I think he was reffering to a bigger one.

Yeah, right, I think they were talking about a national tournament or something, and this one was only the district tournament. Still, I thought that the girls had to win this little tournament to qualify for the national one, but I'm not too sure though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 9, 2008 9:08 PM
Dec 2007
Jacut said:
Uuchie said:
_k1_ said:

Yeah, right, I think they were talking about a national tournament or something, and this one was only the district tournament. Still, I thought that the girls had to win this little tournament to qualify for the national one, but I'm not too sure though.
Will have to go back. They did got the second place. Maybe he thought that could work too.

Feb 9, 2008 9:37 PM
Jan 2008
lowellagain said:
I'm a little disappointed that Tama didn't annihilate that evil girl. I guess she's pretty ripped up already, but, you know, sometimes I'm vicious. ;) At first I thought they were going to give Kirino the chance to shine... but then they lost. I guess it just wasn't their day.

the sensei got the money from his mom. when he visited her and work in the store

Feb 9, 2008 10:05 PM

May 2007
xhx said:
lowellagain said:
the sensei got the money from his mom. when he visited her and work in the store

Ahhh, good call. My memory isn't what it used to be. ^.^
Feb 10, 2008 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
I thought the irony of Kirino's situation was hilarious, relief is her kryptonite. All around enjoyable episode, I can always count on this show to put a smile on my face.
Feb 19, 2008 2:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, very nice episode. This episode wasn't overly hilarious but rather heart-warming, I enjoyed it.

Kirino is awesome. :3

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 19, 2008 5:57 AM

Sep 2007
Awesome episode, it showed again why I like Saya so much xD
She reminds me of myself, without boobs and guitar xD

Can't wait for more

Feb 20, 2008 12:39 PM

Sep 2007
Omg! Saya had me crying with laughter! Running all slow-mo and stuff.
Feb 20, 2008 2:24 PM
Jun 2007
Static said:
Saya won this episode :p

=D
Feb 21, 2008 4:08 AM
Oct 2007
Awesome episode!
Mar 5, 2008 9:47 PM

Oct 2007
real confused as to how theyre gonna win the nationals now if they lost this one... really they shoulda just let tama keep going since that other girl wouldnt have been able to continue anyways.
Apr 3, 2008 12:19 PM

Apr 2007
This was another great episode. Saya's dive for her sheet music was hilarious. Dan has got some serious drawing skills. He ought to draw pics for everyone in the club.

I think it was a good call on Kojiro's part to take Tama out of the match. It shows he doesn't have a win-all attitude and really cares about his students. Tama didn't realize it but that first thrust practically destroyed her opponent. Keeping her there when she wasn't thinking clearly could have resulted in the other girl getting a serious injury.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 26, 2008 11:01 PM

Jun 2008
At least Saya didn't break the guitar strings with one note this time.... and LOL! at the slow mo fountain scene... That was hilarious >.<

Sig WILL change soon~
Nov 24, 2008 6:14 PM

Jun 2008
Pffft, Tama-chan would have easily won the match even with her bad foot.
Nov 25, 2008 8:42 PM

Oct 2007
is there a real song sang by anyone? I'm talking about the song Saya wrote, if there is, someone send me a message please please :P
Dec 26, 2008 10:18 PM

Feb 2008
loved Tama's father at the end :)

Zig-sama said:
Pffft, Tama-chan would have easily won the match even with her bad foot.

winning would have been bad for her in that case, the teacher didn't call off the match just because of her foot, he also called it off because Tama was losing control and acting in a reckless and dangerous manor that might have seriously injured her opponent.
Mar 21, 2009 3:46 AM

Dec 2008
that was so funny
I laughed so hard as Dan kun put out his Miya Miya picture and the scene afterwards
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2009 10:51 PM

Jun 2009
Good one saya!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 2, 2009 7:57 PM

May 2008
Avarice said:
Static said:
Saya won this episode :p

=D
I Agree.. XD
Dec 9, 2010 1:51 PM

Feb 2010
That Slow-Mo - Fountain-Diving - Part was really strange.
Apr 2, 2012 2:05 AM

Aug 2010
I love Saya. I also really love Tama and her father's relationship. They're making this show for me.
Feb 26, 2014 4:04 AM

Aug 2013
They lost but Konishi will forever have Tama-trauma.

Saya FTW.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 26, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2012
A bit sad they lost but in general it was a nice episode!
Jan 13, 2015 12:01 AM

Aug 2014
xchee said:
They lost but Konishi will forever have Tama-trauma.

Saya FTW.

Ha ha! Yeah, I wasn't too bummed out about the lost. I felt that they won something far more valuable than the preliminary tournament. Konishi will continue to live with the guilt behind all her "victories".

I feel so bad for Saya! She worked so hard on that song, but I couldn't help but laugh at the slow-mo bit! The song itself sounded awfully familiar. I could almost sworn I heard it from another anime.

Tama & Kirino's family moments warmed me up inside. :)

Eiga's drawing was nice, but seriously... Wouldn't it be better for Miyako to post that portrait up in her room or something?
Aug 29, 2016 11:27 PM
Mar 2016
Saya was very good in this episode i have to say, she spent all night writing a theme song only to have Kirino suggest something completely different lol. as for Konishi? as they say "Cheaters never prosper" she may have "Won" but she knows good and well it wasn't a morally right victory and it shows in the post match
May 27, 2018 12:44 PM

Feb 2009
poor Tama, got rekt by her own team and sensei. I guess we saw it coming when he couldn't believe the rumors 2 episodes ago. What a failure.
Sep 12, 2019 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
As I thought, he forfeited... which wouldn't have been bad if Kirino's brother didn't show up and ruin it for her as well. Kind of an unstatisfying episode, one of the worst in this show so far. Oh well, the next one will be better again.
Sep 29, 2021 3:46 PM

Jun 2016
That ending was adorable. Good ol' Tama, caring about her father. Makes me tear up inside.

That music video for Saya's song was pretty hilarious. Accompanying vocals would have completed it.

Apr 26, 2022 4:12 AM

Dec 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Jacut said:

Will have to go back. They did got the second place. Maybe he thought that could work too.

Funny, I thought those were the prelims that would get them into the Nationals. I could shrug it off in that maybe the manga plot was setting up a re-match for next year, but I'm not sure how Kojiro will keep his job by then if they lost now. The fact they're not making a big deal about Kojiro's job being on the line, only deepens my confusion.
Jan 13, 2023 7:26 PM
May 2020
While it was admiral of the teacher to cancel the match because he values the health of his students over victory, I feel there should have been more consequences for them losing.
Also, Kirino and Saya have returned to being total idiots after briefly performing as competent athletes. Alas...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Apr 3, 2008

126 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:53 AM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

playconn - Feb 2, 2008

50 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:52 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 13 Discussion

Abyss - Dec 26, 2007

40 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 25 Discussion

alert105 - Mar 25, 2008

39 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 31, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 24 Discussion

Netforce - Mar 20, 2008

49 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.