Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2014 1:31 AM
Aug 2014
Love this episode! I am gonna be crazy waiting for the next episode
Sep 28, 2014 1:33 AM
May 2013
The ending was obvious, i had predicdet a outcome like this.
but then again the opening may have given it away
but regardless i love the way the whole thing played out

aslo best present grenade ever X3
Sep 28, 2014 1:37 AM

Jun 2013
Kirito-kun saving the dayyyyyyyyyyy

good way tto end BoB
Sep 28, 2014 1:39 AM

Aug 2014
LPGeneratorx said:
...Oh god, please, don't let this go downhill the same way SAO did. Not another shitty second arc...

Either way, why do both series have men who want to rape the main female leads? In SAO I we had Sugou, and in SAO II we have Shinikawa. Does the author have a rape fetish or something?

^Irony, because whether they decide to do Caliber and MR or Alicization, the second arc will be the batter one this time around.

Probably.
Sep 28, 2014 1:46 AM
Jul 2014
Cliffhanger again, attempted rape scene again, both unwelcome.

I think the main problem with the rape scenes in this anime is that they just go on too long -- they stretch out "oh look this character is obviously evil" way longer than necessary (both for story-telling purposes and what would happen in real life). Still, I suppose all the posturing gives enough time for Kirito to arrive to save the day.

Kirito shows up to save the day again too, which was expected but I was hoping Sinon would kick that guy's butt all by herself -- she was shaping up to be a strong female character despite all the earlier gun-phobia angst. But no, the harem must win out I guess.

Also thanks to the opening for spoiling character reveal. Death Gun and one "hand" still at large, but his identity was revealed so will probably get mopped up next ep. Probably new arc after next ep; should be interesting.
Sep 28, 2014 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
PokeL said:
Hunger Games 2.0
It seems that I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

Kirito kuuuuuuun!! <3
Sep 28, 2014 2:00 AM
Aug 2014
Loved the way Shinon decided to end the tournament and Kirito's face, Priceless xD. I was always wary of that little bastard though, wasn't too happy that I was right this time though but as always the great Kirito to the rescue ^_^
Loved it and now waiting on next Saturday :/
Sep 28, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode!

I am confused about something though. So if someone can clarify this for me, I would appreciate it.

They figured out that Death Gun was actually 3 people, 1 in the game, and 2 outside the game that were doing the killing. Shinkawa tells Sinon that he is one of Death Gun's hands and one of the people who uses the syringe to kill. He also states his brother is involved. Did they clarify if the brother is Red Eyed Zaza or just the other hand that killed using the syringe? Meaning we still don't know the identity of the 3rd person, correct? So that means there is probably going to be another episode to this arc to clarify who all the Death Gun participants are.

I don't read the manga, so I just gathered all of this from what they've shown so far. Which to me means there is still unanswered questions in this story arc.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 28, 2014 2:38 AM

Aug 2014
Novel, not manga.

Explanation:
Sep 28, 2014 2:42 AM

Feb 2014
Haha yeah I'm sure when they were watching him with Sinon they were like, ok who the hell is this? But yeah good episode, Kirito took long enough to get there, I was tired of staring at that creep.
Sep 28, 2014 3:05 AM
Dec 2013
Can't wait for what happen next episode?!!
Sep 28, 2014 3:07 AM

Oct 2012
Finally this damn tournament is over. Suddenly this creepy guy appears and annoys me for the rest of the episode... Why am I still watching this? /:
Sep 28, 2014 4:00 AM

Mar 2011
Ohh wow I don't remember him being so creepy in the novels. And they really are trying to make Sinon out to be weak, I am pretty sure she put up more of a fight in the novels but I forget.

How long is this series? Is it 26 again? I wonder where this is going to go now, are they going to use one of the other arcs again?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 28, 2014 4:03 AM

Jul 2007
TehWhiteTiger said:
Ohh wow I don't remember him being so creepy in the novels. And they really are trying to make Sinon out to be weak, I am pretty sure she put up more of a fight in the novels but I forget.

How long is this series? Is it 26 again? I wonder where this is going to go now, are they going to use one of the other arcs again?

2 eps for caliber
8 for MR, most likely.
Sep 28, 2014 4:11 AM
Jan 2014
man i knew all along it was that creeper, every since he appeared and was all over sinon i just knew he had to have something to do with the death gun/the deaths. good episode. so much revealed in this episode how will it fully unfold, i await.
Sep 28, 2014 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
im afraid that sinon wll end to that guy, but this episode proof that shinon will end up with kirito hahaha (wait, kirito already has a girlfriend right? haha)
Sep 28, 2014 4:35 AM
May 2011
What I find funny is that people try to make logical sense out of this anime to justify why they hate it. For example that Sinon could snipe Death Gun without her scope. I believe that because she wanted to help kirito and found her strength to do it, she took the chance.
She was not trying to kill Death Gun but surprise him momentarily so that Kirito could take the opportunity to win.
There are million other shows where things doesn't make sense. And it doesn't have to, because it's anime. So seriously, stop using that as an excuse to bash the show all the time. There are tons of other shows with less "realistic" things going down.
ex. Jinrui wa suitai shimashita. You have a talking bread and chicken.. try making sense out of that, I dare you xD

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Sep 28, 2014 4:43 AM
Apr 2014
MarkusEA said:
What I find funny is that people try to make logical sense out of this anime to justify why they hate it. For example that Sinon could snipe Death Gun without her scope. I believe that because she wanted to help kirito and found her strength to do it, she took the chance.
She was not trying to kill Death Gun but surprise him momentarily so that Kirito could take the opportunity to win.
There are million other shows where things doesn't make sense. And it doesn't have to, because it's anime. So seriously, stop using that as an excuse to bash the show all the time. There are tons of other shows with less "realistic" things going down.
ex. Jinrui wa suitai shimashita. You have a talking bread and chicken.. try making sense out of that, I dare you xD

The whole complain is retarded, she used the red line to see her aim, you can shoot even if you have no scope, so i don't see why anyone is complaining, its retarded, LOL

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 28, 2014 4:44 AM

Jul 2007
MarkusEA said:

Kirito outright states that she is not sniping, she is distracting. She simply pointed the gun at Death Gun and prepared to shoot without targeting - the prediction Line still appears, even if she will miss. Hence why its a "phantom bullet" - its an illusion of danger.
Sep 28, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2011
By far the best episode of SAO II. My goodness A-1 Pictures adapted this Phantom Bullet arc perfectly in my opinion. The fight between Kirito and Death Gun aka Zaza was animated so well. The action scenes were top-notch and the OST made it much better. The aftermath with Kyouji going crazy was also animated so well. They really made Kyouji look as creepy as possible and it definitely made the scene very intense. Kirito coming in to save Sinon was great. Looking forward to the overall conclusion next week and probably the beginning of the Caliber arc and eventually Mother's Rosario~
5/5
LucarioDudeSep 28, 2014 5:09 AM
Sep 28, 2014 5:19 AM

Oct 2013
So they finally defeated death gun,and Asada's friend turned in to a psychopath that scene was so creepy,and Kirito comes to the rescue, wonder what will happen next.

Sep 28, 2014 6:02 AM

Aug 2014
Finally the battle in the GGO was ending. Kirito and Sinon are the winners of the tournament. So Shinkawa-kun is the other Death Gun in the real world and he is so freaking crazy enough to harm Asada-san, the girl he loves...
It is horrible!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 28, 2014 6:03 AM

Apr 2013
Where is the fucking police?!!
Sep 28, 2014 6:03 AM
Aug 2014
I'm not really surprised that Shinkawa had connections to Death Gun, because if you watch the opening carefully (which I always do) than it is already hinted. Then we have the funny/awkward scene in which BoB ended with Sinon and Kirito as winner.

Then we get the 'rape-scene' with Shinkawa (brings back memories from the previous season) *cough* Oberon *cough*. The faces those creepy guys in SAO have always scare me.
Sep 28, 2014 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
So... to me at least, this was the best SAO episode since episode 14 of season 1.

Ever since the beginning of the second arc last season, the series has sorta become stale for me. Even if the show is still cliché, at least they did it right with this episode IMHO. A great swordfight that doesn't skimp with lame techniques, Sinon and Kirito getting a 2-person win with that grenade (a bit of creativity in a SAO episode? wow much surprise), spine-tingling/unsettling "almost rape scene", etc.

All in all, I'd say the whole episode had a fascinating vibe to it. Finally got me more pumped for the series. Let's just hope they don't pull another season 1 and make the second arc A-level crap.
Sep 28, 2014 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
Lmao, Shinkawa at the end was hilarious. And then Kirito just rushes in XD
Sep 28, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
Seriously, what a 'brilliant' way to end half of the show in the summer season.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Sep 28, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2014
That was sooooooo fucked up, what a creeper!
I liked how Kirito showed up being a badass in real life to save the day, I can't hate on the guy at all, he is just a badass!
Sep 28, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2014
The phantom bullet was a pretty clever trick and how Kirito dropped that name in his monologue to link it back to the title of the GGO arc was freaking cool! Beginning with Kirito recalling DG's name, Sinon's intervention, Swordland bursting into my ears, that guitar solo, the slow motion sword play, basically how the tide of the battle turned in a matter of seconds was the highlight of the episode for me.
Sep 28, 2014 7:01 AM

May 2013
Both of them won BoB. Great! So cliche. Anyway, Death Gun was revealed. He had many identities. The first one was Shinkawa, the youngest and the other Shinkawa, the eldest. I don't think there are others though.

Episode was great! Nice combat there from Kirito. But the ending was predictable as fuck if you ask me.
Sep 28, 2014 7:11 AM
Jun 2010
SaBe31415 said:
that was a heal of a episode :3

lol

Moar Star Wars references FTW
Death Gun got Darth Maul'd
XD
Sep 28, 2014 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
caledon said:

Speaking of which, does anyone know why Death Gun exploded when he was killed?
Mirai, zura~!
Sep 28, 2014 7:24 AM
Apr 2014
EeveeRain said:
caledon said:

Speaking of which, does anyone know why Death Gun exploded when he was killed?

Not really sure...

I think Kirito sliced a nade when he killed Death Gun or something [that black piece in the midde of the image]

Sep 28, 2014 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
Oh SAO, I missed your godawful writing but thankfully the past 4 or 5 episodes were as bad as season 1 again.
I also assume Sinon's friend is a fan of Mahouka; he seems to be pathetic enough to like it.
Then again, I am sure the people who think this is good may like Mahouka as well.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 28, 2014 7:28 AM

Mar 2011
CookingPriest said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

2 eps for caliber
8 for MR, most likely.

That sounds about right.

I was expecting this to go for the full 26 because it was two novels long and the first series covered two as well. but then I remembered the first arc actually covered the first novel and a load of other later parts too.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 28, 2014 7:43 AM

Mar 2012
"... someday you would be mine..." - Dude, seriously? "Be mine"? Dat desperation + society scum. Shinkawa, y u no die plox? Everyone that likes Shino must feel like wanting to kill Shinkawa now ._.
btw, why the hell there's always a pervert scum to mess with the female main characters?

KIRITO KICK THE SHIT OFF THAT MOTHERFUCKER! (I don't even want to imagine what Shino will feel when she gets to know that Kirito as a girlfriend xD Neither want to imagine Asuna being mad :x I bet everyone forgot but Asuna is 15% yandere, if you know what I mean.)
b1GZZSep 28, 2014 7:46 AM
Sep 28, 2014 8:04 AM
Apr 2012
Phenomenal episode in every aspect. Kirito and Sinons combo to take out Death Gun was fantastic. The way they both won was also great. The scene with Sinon in the second half was disturbing, she did well to hold him off for as long as she did. Shinkawa has some serious issues, relieved to see Kirito come to the rescue. 11/10 episode
Sep 28, 2014 8:34 AM
May 2014
Lol, that scene when Sinon bombed Kirito and herself. xD
Just great. xD
Sep 28, 2014 8:36 AM
Sep 2014
This was probably one of the best episodes of the season thus far. I've been dying to find out more about Death Gun and his RL comrades. Some emotionally heavy scenes in there O_O to say the least.

The one thing I haven't liked about this season, is the lack of attention that the other characters receive. Aside from Kirito and Sinon it appears that no one else has any impact on the story at all (aside from the crazy villain of course). Asuna, Klein, Leafa... do something? And the govt. dude who (a) couldn't hook Kirito up with some top level gear, or (b) exercise his power a little more in order to stop the LC members....

It was just a matter of time before Kirito showed up to save the day, although I'd love to see Sinon fight and resolve the issue with her 'friend' by herself. Actually excited for episode 14 now!
Sep 28, 2014 9:37 AM
Aug 2014
the cringgggeeeeeee

i thought sao 2 would be ok at least (judging from like the first 10 episodes) but the last few ones just made me cringe so hard at how cheesy they are

also why does (nearly) every villain want to rape the female main? we got that with poison dude from sao, with the glasses dude in alo and now with shinkawa i mean cmon give them some better motives, make the villains grey instead of crazy psychopath rapist
Sep 28, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2009
OMG i thought i was thinking too much when i was thinking if that guy friend of hers is actually a bad guy. I was like...don't open the door! So Shinkawa was beside her when death gun was going to shoot her. So if death gun actually shot...shinkawa will inject that drug?

The ending with Kirito came running and kicking was so cool. Kirito's the man.
Sep 28, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
This is just getting darker and darker, and I love it.

Sep 28, 2014 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
My guess was right that guy(Spiegel) is related to Death Gun !!
Sep 28, 2014 10:40 AM

May 2013
Reyxe said:
DancingJack said:

How was he not "participating" in the Death Gun thing while he was walking around as Death Gun? They even showed the scene of Death Gun shooting at the screen to act like he could kill people just by shooting at them while he was revealing that he played Sterben at that point to Sinon - How is that not participating in the Death Gun thing?

My entire point was that he was Death Gun... and he was Death Gun or not? I never said anything about him actually killing anyone.

But then again, why discuss with someone who just has the point out that he read the light novel for no reason. Of course you be must be right about everything, how could I ever doubt that now?! Totally overlooked that this is the discussion thread for the episode 13 of the light novel, sorry.

You were the one talking as if you knew everything, lawl.

Again, he didn't kill, by 'participating' i meant the killings itself, he didn't go to someone's house and killed him.

And 'Death Gun' isn't a single person, so you're not wrong, but you aren't right either.

That's why I wrote 'a' Death Gun in my post.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Sep 28, 2014 10:44 AM
Apr 2014
DancingJack said:
Reyxe said:

You were the one talking as if you knew everything, lawl.

Again, he didn't kill, by 'participating' i meant the killings itself, he didn't go to someone's house and killed him.

And 'Death Gun' isn't a single person, so you're not wrong, but you aren't right either.

That's why I wrote 'a' Death Gun in my post.

welp

Sep 28, 2014 11:04 AM

Oct 2013
So.... Kirito can touch Sinon, but when her long-time trusted friend tries to touch her, she gets really creeped out. FFs

Of course they had to make Shinikawa crazy... because then Kirito would have actual competition for Sinon...

Yay when Sinon is having a mental breakdown... she thinks of Kirito as the only thing good in her life - a man she met in a game, and only knew for what? 2 days?

Ahhh Kirito comes in to save the day.... so f***ing predictable. God I was hoping for the god damn police to do something for once, instead of Kirito being invincible both in game and in rl.
I am a human.
Sep 28, 2014 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
don't like SAO IIs plot, shinon is poorly made and just a cry baby, i mean seriously why did they add a character like her, why don't u continue with the old ones from sao I?
Sep 28, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2011
Poesy said:
don't like SAO IIs plot, shinon is poorly made and just a cry baby

Err I'm pretty sure if anyone were being raped then you know.....
Sep 28, 2014 11:39 AM

Dec 2013
Man that ending just creeped me out. Though I already was thinking that there were some sort of parallel between Death Gun (Sterben = To die in German) and Shinkawa (Spiegel = Mirror in German) also the opening was a bit suspicious but meh.

Would have loved to see Kirito, instead of pseudo-dualwieling with his gun, to grab Death Gun's Sword and do some sort of Starburst Stream.
Sep 28, 2014 11:54 AM
Jan 2011
The spoilers were right on, it was Shinkawa who is the other death gun, so I'm guess another arc is on the way for the next episode, just like in season 1.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.