Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 3:47 PM

May 2014
WTH I waited 25 eps for this scenes to be animated and this is what they had come up with???!!They could have made 2 ol eps so that they didn't rush it,but no.Sad part is the BD's/DVD's sold well and Dengeki execs will be telling MH goodjob!!.Thrashin mad!!!

For season 2 they better change studios,MH,even with the MH worshipping in MAL did badly adapting a LN series again.

2/5
darkreaperixSep 20, 2014 3:51 PM
Sep 20, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
While I haven't read the LN's I'll agree with those who have, I think this would have been a better episode if we could have seen more of the other students in operation. It would also have shown that while Tatsuya is incredibly overpowered, so are most of the other really proficient students in the magic school system. And again it reinforces that you can't consider these "normal" high school students. We've seen that several of them are either acting clan heads (Juumonji), heirs to clan headship (Mayume, Mitsuki, & Misaki) or likely to be major players in clan politics in the future. It should come as no surprise that some of them also hold positions in the military and can be called to duty during times of need.

Based on what we've heard from people who have read the LN's it seems the major weaknesses in the adaptation have been the overplaying of the relationship between the siblings (possibly because a hint of incest is supposed to build the audience), the failure to be able to bring the internal monologues to the screen (since they are such an integral part of the novels) and the nerfing of the powers and lack of attention to the character building of the supporting players (particularly Mayume, Erika, and a number of other female characters). This isn't a terrible show, I still find it enjoyable and interesting and will probably start reading the light novels as a result of this and the sequel airing, but it could have been much better.
rodacSep 20, 2014 4:03 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 20, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
Onii-sama can even heal people it seems, probably has a time limit to how far back he can though, but yeah. Let's see, what else? Right... This felt extremely rushed, even for an anime-only viewer like me. Judging by the comments here from the LN readers, it feels extremely rushed with no characterization on Miyuki, etc.
TyrelSep 20, 2014 4:06 PM
Sep 20, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Well seems like that tatsuya surpasses god.

I cant wait for their faces; tatsuya w-w-who are you?
Sep 20, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
Just how OP is our Onii-sama!! He's like " Oh, two of my friends just died. Let me just point my CAD at them and they will be as good as new." DAMN!

Not much action for our onii-sama here but fortunately for us (and unfortunately to the goons) our great onii-sama will end this series with a BANG!! (I sure hope so ^_^)

The Crimson Prince's rupture is pretty bad-ass too!
Sep 20, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Kirihara and Kei were great men to protect their girls. Fortunate for them, Jesus Onii-sama appeared right on time and healed them.
But did he really have to whisper on Miyuki's ear that she did great? :p . Why not just say it normally?

Ratohnhaketon said:
As expected from Onii-Christ-sama, he can heal the blind and cure the sick. "You did great" - Miyuki just came.

deanzel said:
And that ending sequence was hilarious. Onii-sama was like...

retepeters said:
why does tatsuya smashes his balls whenever he wants to activate the suit or something?

i love the people on the mahouka threads
laputiaSep 20, 2014 4:27 PM
Sep 20, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2013
all of it was okay, with few exceptions:
1. Erika should be happy that she could kill again especially now with Orochimaru
2. The attackers who attack Kannon's party at the end should have more troops at their disposal
3. Cocytus is freaking a disappointment. I thought they would show how horrifying it was... They should fixed this on BD or I will not buy a it. Season 2 be damned!
Sep 20, 2014 4:42 PM

Mar 2009
Tatsuya can even bring people back from the dead?! Is there anything this guy can't do?
Sep 20, 2014 4:42 PM
Oct 2012
rodac said:
Based on what we've heard from people who have read the LN's it seems the major weaknesses in the adaptation have been the overplaying of the relationship between the siblings (possibly because a hint of incest is supposed to build the audience),

Minor correction, it's not that they "overplayed" the relationship, that is all in the novel, however they did cut everything else from Miyuki's character so all the viewers were left with was the incest flag waving and the far too many breathless "oniisamas". Miyuki in the novels has a pretty wicked sense of humor (we saw only one scene of that when she teased Erika about being a brother con) and is someone people do not want to piss off (ultimately I think she could be even more powerful than Tatsuya).

While I shouldn't draw too sweeping a generalization, downplaying female characters is something I have come to expect in adaptations. It's probably a marketing decision. That is definitely the case here.
Sep 20, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Mayumi's taunt lol
Sep 20, 2014 4:45 PM
Oct 2012
Mormegil said:
Tatsuya can even bring people back from the dead?! Is there anything this guy can't do?

Tatsuya cannot bring people back from the dead. He can heal the wounded, but not the dead. So not quite Jesus.
Sep 20, 2014 4:55 PM
Feb 2014
Screw you Madhouse.

Goes back to day 1 comments: this adaptation sucks now. Period.
I spent my time here nowadays: [url=forums.spacebattles.com]Spacebattles Forums[/url]

Its been a while since I came to MAL. Ignore my old posts please, they were dumb.
Sep 20, 2014 4:58 PM

May 2014
I would like to apologize to those I had disagreements with regarding the quality of this adaption,you were right,it sucked :)

Strike 2 for MH,hope they can do better with their future adaptions.
Sep 20, 2014 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Can't get enough of Tatsuya.

Takuan_Soho said:
Mormegil said:

Tatsuya cannot bring people back from the dead. He can heal the wounded, but not the dead. So not quite Jesus.

Is not actually heal, it's called "restore".

Everyone expressing how awful they find Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and I'm just here enjoying it, 10/10 =)

I predict big explosions by god Tatsuya in the next episode *trollface*
Sep 20, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
Are we gonna get more Tatsuya or that it? ...
Sep 20, 2014 5:13 PM

Sep 2013
I want to have sex with tatsuya...
He can mess with my 'CAD' anytime
Sep 20, 2014 5:22 PM
May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Mormegil said:

Just a quote from the wiki:

When used on someone even if the heart had already stopped, the brain shut down, the throat torn open, if that was the extent of their injuries then revival was still possible. Even an instantly fatal wound, as long as rebuilding the body and restarting the circulation of blood would have had even the faintest chance of resuscitating the person.

So yeah, not the dead, but veery close to it.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 20, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2008
GGNoodles said:
Well seems like that tatsuya surpasses god.

I cant wait for their faces; tatsuya w-w-who are you?

Sep 20, 2014 5:24 PM
May 2014
TheWorstOfThem said:
Are we gonna get more Tatsuya or that it? ...

Obviously we are, and I just hope they at least do the next one right.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 20, 2014 5:28 PM
Jul 2013
Mayumi is so kawai omfg

deanzel said:
Not a bad continuation on last week's action. More of the other characters finally got in on the OP bandwagon making Omnii-sama take a back seat (at least for a little bit). And that ending sequence was hilarious. Onii-sama was like...

this LOL
Sep 20, 2014 5:29 PM
May 2014
Shangetsu said:
Not the same amount.
-- Lord fifth
Sep 20, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2011
Tatsuya even pulling off his god-like abilities. My goodness. Overpowered doesn't even describe him really.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
Anmoly97 said:
Mayumi is so kawai omfg

deanzel said:
Not a bad continuation on last week's action. More of the other characters finally got in on the OP bandwagon making Omnii-sama take a back seat (at least for a little bit). And that ending sequence was hilarious. Onii-sama was like...

this LOL

this was exactly what was going on in my mind at that scene

well the first time you see Masaki makes sense to me now his magic sure is brutal

1 more left sucks that i only started to really enjoy this in it's finale arc(in the anime)
Sep 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Apr 2008
konatachan80 said:
Shangetsu said:
Not the same amount.

That part in the novel STILL makes me cringe. That kind of pain is unimaginable
Sep 20, 2014 5:57 PM

Nov 2012
This episode sure shocked me,the fodders (aka anyone besides Tatsuya) actually managed to steal the spotlight from Tatsuya for more than a second.
Sep 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
Wait what two deaths?!

...nope it's just Jesus doing typical shit like reviving people
Sep 20, 2014 6:22 PM
Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Mostly a good episode, they did Masaki very well, and the fluidity of the episode was done right, but as I have been saying 20 episodes I think now, they continue to go out of their way to minimize Erika and Miyuki.

While they showed Orochimaru, there was nothing in there about how Erika receiving this sword was her official acceptance into the Chiba family nor again just how happy she is with it and with having the chance to kill people. It's like the adapters are afraid that they will lose fans if they divert from "Cute Erika" ignoring that this isn't the reason readers like Erika.

Miyuki's scene was all wrong, we got absolutely no sense of how powerful and terrifying her spell and indeed she is. First when she jumped out of the helicopter her magical interference was so powerful that no one could cast magic (including Mari), second it doesn't "freeze" their bodies, it freezes their minds. Third it is omnidirectional, the attackers were not in convenient mass. Fourth everyone felt it, so it should have been animated like a pulse. Fifth, everyone outside of Erika were terrified by the spell and her as well as they should be: she can look at people and they die. She doesn't need a CAD (they at least showed that properly), it kiills who she wants and spares who she wants, its a magic so far outside of the normal realm that the reaction should have been animated.

Perhaps these are minor points, but for me both scenes were favorites of mine and I think both would have been good scenes to spend a little more time on.

Agreed. Miyuki's scene was such a let down. The hostage part too which wasn't even included... I really wanted to see all the supporting characters reactions throughout the series, but good god WHERE ARE THE REACTIONS?! Tatsunism a new religion.
Sep 20, 2014 6:43 PM

Jul 2008
konatachan80 said:
Shangetsu said:
Not the same amount.

Sep 20, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2013
A damn shame Aniplex bought the NA rights. Id love to own this.
Sep 20, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
can't wait for the final episode.

Sep 20, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2014
I hope the last episode lets us see how bad-ass Tatsuya really is...honestly I wasn't satisfied on this one...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 20, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode. I now understand what Tatsuya meant by he would lose to Ichijou if it was a real fight on the battlefield in 9SC arc. I seriously doubt Tatsuya would lose to him in a situation like that but this episode did show how op and dangerous Masaki can be on the battlefield.
Sep 20, 2014 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
I wonder if he is the only one in the world who can use that spell? It is amazing how he can do that...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 20, 2014 8:08 PM

Feb 2014
That ending scene.... Thats cheating :(
I want at least some of the cast members to die in the series...

But man, that asian alliance organization group(forgot their name) are barely putting up a fight. They are getting wrecked, especially by Highschool students.
Sep 20, 2014 8:35 PM

Jul 2013
And here I thought there will finally be some casualties.. hey they're in a war against trained military people here and they're just High School students.. sasuga oniisama! I don't hate badass overpowered leads in fact I prefer them over pathetic wimpy leads but there's no denying that this is getting repetitive and... boring.
Sep 20, 2014 8:44 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
ASdfghjkl;

I ship it. Cardinal George and Ichijou I SHIP IT.

And immortality...has been reached >_> -points to oniisama-
Awesome episode :l though next will be the last ;-;
Sep 20, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
Dis is disappointing the one thing I was really looking forward to see was not shown, and that is the reaction of everyone to Tatsuya's true power, when miyuki set him free.

And Idc give me spoilers is tatsuya going to use that big move like nuclear bomb dat was shown in the first episode as young tatsuya.
Sep 20, 2014 8:56 PM

May 2013
OP Tatsuya just destroys his enemies just like that. This series keeps reminding me of that. With that flight suit, he kinda looks unstoppable. He even healed Kirihara and Kei. Wow. Just wow.
I'm beginning to love Mayumi now. Just like Tatsuya said, she's a barrel of laughs. Masaki's attacks were very bloody, but beautiful. I almost got the wrong idea when George doesn't want Masaki to go. Haha!
Last episode next week. I'm a little sad.
Sep 20, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
Ganja17 said:
Dis is disappointing the one thing I was really looking forward to see was not shown, and that is the reaction of everyone to Tatsuya's true power, when miyuki set him free.

And Idc give me spoilers is tatsuya going to use that big move like nuclear bomb dat was shown in the first episode as young tatsuya.

Sep 20, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
Shangetsu said:
Ganja17 said:

sold
LittorioSep 20, 2014 9:18 PM
Sep 20, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
This last arc is excellent, and Tatsuya is more badass than ever, that personage OP, Miyuki also shown to have strength, but his brother is in another level, can even heal others, he is one of the strongest characters I've ever seen and Mayumi always kawaii, I really like her personality
Only one more episode for Tatsuya kick the ass of the invaders, hopefully a great ending and to leave aperture for a second season, for this anime that is definitely one of the best of the year ..
Sep 20, 2014 9:13 PM

Sep 2014
Good job boys for protecting your women . . .
and also shipping for Mayumi x Oni-sama . . .
Sep 20, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2009
The whole time i was watching this episode i was thinking how someone should die as long as it wasn't someone i really like (which kinda defeats the purpose) but when Kirihara and Kei got hit i was freaking out. I LOVE THOSE TWO. Even tho Kei gets basically no screen time i always thought he's a complete sweetie. And Kirihara is awesome ok, we can't break up da lovers!!!!
Sep 20, 2014 9:47 PM

Jul 2013
Hm, few badass scenes
Miyuki's magic not being portrayed well
No explanations
Isori and Kirihara protecting Kanon and Sayaka respectively. Nicely done
Then Tatsuya comes in and uses
Ganja17 said:

She is a barrel of laughs... LOL. More people boarding Mayumi x Tatsuya ship now.

And there's no mention of his other alias,
SandyBoiSep 20, 2014 9:56 PM
Sep 20, 2014 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
Again,your above average Mahouka episode. Another 4/5 from me again. I've been enjoying Mahouka last week and this week episode than I normally does. Shipping for Tatsuya x Mayumi.

But the villains are lame since they are all cannon fodder. Is Lu Gonghu the only decent villain we age getting in this arc? If there are better villain in this action pack episode,it could get 5/5 from me.

Bromance between Suzaku V 2.0 and George. Somehow,give me the death flag feeling but doubt either of those two going to die.
Strakerz said:
That ending scene.... Thats cheating :(
I want at least some of the cast members to die in the series...

But man, that asian alliance organization group(forgot their name) are barely putting up a fight. They are getting wrecked, especially by Highschool students.

Great Asian Alliance is not that great. Agree with you. The villain are pathetic.I also hope someone would die. Maybe it will make the show better and produce impact.
ZapredonSep 20, 2014 10:10 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 20, 2014 9:53 PM
Jul 2011
every week I come here and read all the comments from the butt hurt LN readers... haha it always makes me laugh a little
Sep 20, 2014 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
I feel like I'm watching another Chuck Norris film that's directed by Uwe Boll.
Sep 20, 2014 10:10 PM

Dec 2013
Cardinal George Homosexual confirmed. 2014. Gay.

Other than that, this episode was WEEEIRRD as heck lol. But good anyways. I wanted to see Shiba Tatsuya 1 versus 10000000. That'd be fun to watch.

5/5. Hope the ending of this series is a good one.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 20, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
They are really going over the top with the fucking deaths of these scrubs the students are killing. Ichijo in particular was living up to that crimson prince name.

Though I didn't have a problem with the episode per say, reading all the comments from the LN readers about how the Miyuki and Erika scenes were supposed to be more intense kind of disappoints me. As an anime only watcher, the stand alone wasn't terrible, but reading those comments made me wish they did it better. Especially the Miyuki scene. That sounds way more badass and fucking terrifying in the LN.
Sep 20, 2014 10:16 PM

Feb 2008
So... basically Shiba is a god. I know we all joked about it, but the man can literally do everything. There's nothing he CAN'T do. It's not even in his vocabulary. Wadamotherfuckawa
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.