Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 8, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
It kinda looks like the arc is ending soon, but knowing Isayama he must have one big surprise prepared for the next chapter, this plan worked almost flawlessly. Eren and Historia will be getting the short end of the stick I guess.
The fake attack twist could've been done a bit better I guess, I felt it lacked impact but still nice chapter.
Sep 8, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2012
On a completely different note the manga has been 5 years of release now dam.

Sep 8, 2014 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
Just read the Crunchy roll version, the art is much better for the CR version. At the end of the chapter in the Crunchy roll version it said, "death awaits the loser"
keragammingSep 8, 2014 6:02 PM
Sep 8, 2014 6:17 PM

Sep 2013
This has been an awesome arc. Deep and well structured.
I cannot wait to see what's ahead.
Sep 8, 2014 9:19 PM

Nov 2012
Lots of people complaining about this arc, and I know there will be many but-hurt "fans" complaing after my comment as well. I personally think that this arc has been very well done and entertaining. If all we had was Titan battles and nothing else, I'd feel like there was something missing from this manga! I think the conflict between humans is a pretty important issue that needed to be dealt with at some point or another..

I did not see that fake announcement coming xD Pixis is awesome as usual. Hopefully Eren and Historia will be rescued swiftly..
Sep 8, 2014 11:16 PM

Sep 2012
Great chapter but what i really want to see is more eren and historia, I can't wait to see what will happen to eren, and I wonder if historia betrayed him.
Oh and I think this arc will end soon, that's good because I want to see RAB again, I don't care about ymir.
Sep 9, 2014 12:11 AM

Jan 2009
lol so the king is just a puppet impostor, and now Erwin is part of the new government, only thing left for this arc is for Eren and Christa to be rescued
Sep 9, 2014 1:03 AM

Aug 2012
Pixis is the man, just a random guy thinking about food as the fake king lol. Wonder what's in store for Eren as he is hanging there and also Historia.
Sep 9, 2014 2:18 AM

Mar 2014
No matter what they say .. I'm on erwin's side . he's a great commander , humanity can ever have . well .. besides pixis and other notable persons .. including the people who trusted and made the decision to fight and protect for themselves .
Absurd .. Self-centered fools .
Revolution for the greater good of all humans !!
The Choices that changed the world !!
To the end of the civil war !!
Pretty Great Chapter !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2014 4:39 AM

Apr 2010
To say how popular this manga is, the artwork is pretty shit.
Sep 9, 2014 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome chapter! So happy they caught the monarchy. When they animate this arc it'll probably seem boring at first, but this chapter was so worth it.
Sep 9, 2014 4:46 AM

Mar 2012
Awesome chapter. Aristocrats getting fooled by Pixis, they have an idea where Eren is, they also discovered that the kind lives "hidden" in the population. Amazing information in this chapter, can't wait to read the next one! =D
Sep 9, 2014 4:57 AM

Oct 2011
keragamming said:
Just looked at the raw chapter, It seems like they've finally defeated the government, which means this arc will be ending pretty soon! Which means no more human conflicts, which means beyond the wall missions again!

Seriously though, I don't hate this arc, but this arc is my least favorite and I think it's time for us to return to titans.

Also this pic is beast! I miss the titans.

This was definitely not as great an arc as the other ones, but it really opens the door for much more to happen. I'm a fan of all the titan fighting, and would prefer that over anything else lol. But this arc sort of helps us appreciate the titan action, whereas it may have gotten stale for some people if there wasn't any break from them.

Like before this arc, most people would be expecting a titan to pop up and eat someone, or destroy a wall all the time. But now if that happens, thanks to this arc, they'd be quite surprised and even more entertained.
Sep 9, 2014 5:30 AM

Dec 2013
Looks like this arc is finally coming to a close. Hopefully we now can move onto something a lot less boring!
Sep 9, 2014 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
Now ... Eren will be rape
Sep 9, 2014 7:46 AM

Sep 2011
I have a whole new respect for this manga, this is by far the best arc. I love the way they took over the capital. The plan was simple but brilliant. I wonder what the former head of the government was hiding. I hope we get to see Annie soon, I have a feeling what ever they were planning has something to do with her.
Sep 9, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
Glad this arc is ending pretty soon. It was entertaining at least with the introduction of the other 3dmg version and the Ackerman Clan but damn, the pacing though. It was really horrendous.
Sep 9, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
Glad Erwin didnt die. And who'd've thought Zackley wouldve been Erwin's trump card?? Back during Eren's trial, the guy seemed like a totally complacent authority figure. And man, I definitely did NOT see the King being some random guy with no power whatsoever. I mean, I busted up laughing when the guy told him to wake his ass up.
Sep 9, 2014 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
yeah I actually thought that the king was some sort of badass. Turns out he's just some guy you typically meet on a Monday morning. What a twist. goddamit isayama, you sly dog
Sep 9, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2010
That was probably the best chapter that we've gotten in a long time. What an brilliant way to show the monarchy's true colors.

I'm hoping next chapter we finally see what's going on with Eren and Historia and that what we saw at the end of this chapter isn't going to be another moment of "okay, we're going to show you these two but the next chapter is going to have nothing to do with them" like what happened a few chapters ago. Glad this arc is wrapping up.
Sep 9, 2014 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
This chapter was really nice! I'm glad to know Erwin did not die, and it also seems like this arc is coming to an end.
I must say I did enjoy this arc for the most part but sometimes it was bit boring and slow but overall it was a very decent arc.
Sep 9, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
HollowV2 said:
keragamming said:
Just looked at the raw chapter, It seems like they've finally defeated the government, which means this arc will be ending pretty soon! Which means no more human conflicts, which means beyond the wall missions again!

Seriously though, I don't hate this arc, but this arc is my least favorite and I think it's time for us to return to titans.

Also this pic is beast! I miss the titans.

This was definitely not as great an arc as the other ones, but it really opens the door for much more to happen. I'm a fan of all the titan fighting, and would prefer that over anything else lol. But this arc sort of helps us appreciate the titan action, whereas it may have gotten stale for some people if there wasn't any break from them.

Like before this arc, most people would be expecting a titan to pop up and eat someone, or destroy a wall all the time. But now if that happens, thanks to this arc, they'd be quite surprised and even more entertained.

I agree with you on that, now when people finally see titans again they will be celebrating. A break from titan was a good idea.
Sep 9, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2010
Fullmetal89 said:
I wonder what the former head of the government was hiding.

I guess he might be "the head", but I guess he is just a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings here much more powerful than this "king".
Sep 9, 2014 8:59 PM

May 2010
Eren........FUCK
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 9, 2014 10:28 PM

Feb 2014
Urgh damn. It is still not up on the website i usually read it. Or did all of you read it raw??

It seem i will just relieve my frustration by reading all the posts here. XD
Sep 9, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
TBH this arc was pretty weak, and I got bored for these political revolutionary themes. But this chapter was actually pretty good, and I liked how Pixes and Erwin cooperate each other in exposing the King and the higher ups about their true self, and losing their morale. That basically gave me a big smile on my face where Erwin was saved and everyone is against the king.

But damn that ending scene..... Now the waiting begins. Guess it will have a couple of chapters to finish this arc.

Sep 10, 2014 12:12 AM
Jun 2014
Imo this arc ran for far too long and was pretty boring. BUT I do enjoy the character development we've seen from Levi and Historia.
Love ~
Sep 10, 2014 6:04 AM
Jul 2014
Erwin is absolutely brilliant! This chapter made me smile. :3
Sep 10, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2012
demrador said:
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a freaking aweeeeeeeeesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee chapter :]
Sep 10, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
the government is looking pretty much defeated atm
Sep 10, 2014 12:33 PM

Jun 2013
Are we finally done with politics?
Sep 11, 2014 1:01 AM

Oct 2013
Maerow said:
RagingMan said:
Are we finally done with politics?

Still 4-5 scans in this arc, I think.

The arc isn't finish, but the fight against the government is basically over, now what's left is to get Eren and Historia back.
Sep 11, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
What an amazing chapter!! The best one in a quite some time!

Sep 11, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder if Historia is actually going to do it. Loved the chapter though.
Sep 11, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
Well played Erwin but I have no doubt the idiot royals have something up their sleeve still.
Sep 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
Erwin is such a badass haha. Great chapter! The tables have turned =P
Sep 11, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2008
Finally! I think I would have much preferred reading this arc in one sitting rather than months at a time, but I'm definitely excited for the end of this arc!
Sep 11, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2008
Great chapter. Revolution succeed. All that left is saving Eren.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 11, 2014 9:49 PM

Feb 2010
im thinking the king wants historia to have eren's power
Sep 11, 2014 11:56 PM

Jul 2013
I wonder what's with the last page though. Eren looks like he's going to be sacrificed while Christa is free of her restraints.

I'll admit, the arc did feel pretty slow. I blame this on the manga being monthly. I'll re-read to see if the slow pacing is noticeable later. I didn't hate the arc overall though. Got to see some character focus at least.

Apart from that, smart gambit. Erwin is a BAMF.

It's been a while since I've visited these forums though. Haters still around?
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 12, 2014 12:12 AM

Jun 2013
Well, Erwin shows us the True Humanity. Willing to sacrifice himself. He has more guts than King and Shitty advisers concluded. Well Pixis said that he would not help Erwin if they would get caught early. Better one Rebel Leader to be captured that 2.

HAHAHA!!!! Damn ERWIN IS LUCKY ONE!!! XD Or is he? That fast Breach just moments after Erwin mentions it? Is it fact...or plot. Bertold and Reiner wouldn't so stupid Enough to return So soon..wouldn't they? And just were Nile's, Commander of the MP, family is? this is quite weird. Moment of info came out is too good to be competently true. Damn Erwin is cool tough.

HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! BRAVO ERWIN!!! BRAVO!!!! You just made Corrupted Government bastards Show up their True colors to the all Army Divisions!!! XD And Rebellion start!!! damn Nile also redeemed himself in my eyes!! XD bastards are in trouble!!! XD TRUTH IS OUT, Bye bye Fake Government! O.o And King was just sleeping?
well...that is also true...Mankind is going to be going trough very dangerous times from here on.
I knew it was Marlowe and Hitch that were closing in to Levi and others! XD Government is finished.

LOL. Conni's and Sasha's reactions were BEST!!! Sasha has no idea of personal Pace eh? XD

So...True King is preparing to ascend to higher level by killing Eren and taking his flesh. Yeah Right. Like Hysteria/Christa is going to allow that to happen. Tough, they (Levi and Co.), have to get trough the deadliest Human-Next-to-Levi, Captain Ackerman. Levi's Sensei. There is Actually still, quite BIG CHANCE, that anybody can die before Eren is killed. That is realistic opinion in my mind. Captain Ackerman is damn deadly. and he is one that taught Levi. it will be either Levi or Mikasa that has to face him. others are not in his level. Looks like Christa's Father is also somewhat Nuts.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 12, 2014 12:13 AM

Jun 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:

It's been a while since I've visited these forums though. Haters still around?

I don't know. I think that answer is Yes?

...So most comments so far has been from when people only read raw version of the chapter....translated chapter was released only 6 hours ago. =P
JarjaxleSep 12, 2014 12:18 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 12, 2014 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
orithyea said:
To be honest, whilst I love this arc, I was expecting a lot more from the king since he has that intimidating look. The outcome is quite surprising.

Jarjaxle said:
...So most comments so far has been from when people only read raw version of the chapter....translated chapter was released only 6 hours ago. =P
A digression, but I will bite. That is not true. The earliest full English chapter was released approximately a day after I made this thread.

The outcome was shocking, but also funny at the same time, I don't think anyone predicted the king to be like that. XD
Sep 12, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
Well that went a lot more smoothly than I expected. This chapter was awesome.
Sep 12, 2014 2:29 AM

Aug 2013
I especially like the page that says "The choices of one person at a time have changed this world"
Sep 12, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2013
DAAAAMN. THAT WAS AMAZING.

Erwin didn't die! I loves his and Pixis' plan, I thought the breaching of Wall Rose was true, lmao. And the King is fake(?), he's sleeping in his chair?!

Survey Cops is free again! Time to save Eren and Christa. Goodarc/10.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 12, 2014 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
To the government: YOU FOOLS!
Erwin smart ass.
So now we wait for the thing that wants to consume Eren.
Sep 12, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2008
"YEAH good to see the 2 titans coming back into action, I'm guessing Ymir might be with them as well :D Wouldn't be surprised if their mission is to capture Eren and save Annie :) I know Ymir would do everything in her power to save Historia." > That is what I want to see but shame it didn't really happen :)

Loved the fightback against the King :D I think Historia is being played by her dad for his own gain, no reason to kill her mother and let her live a bad life only to treat her so well again.
Sep 12, 2014 8:54 AM

May 2013
Great to see Erwin didn't die.
The king is a lazy guy.
Eren and Historia are in deep trouble D:
Sep 12, 2014 9:00 AM

Oct 2011
A glimmer of hope in the dark corners of this world. Unfortunately, everyone's attention has been moved away from the true enemies (the titan), so I'm anticipating a surprise attack by them which will make the situation desperate again

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.