Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 23, 2014 1:19 PM
Oct 2012
I can understand the hate on the first season of SAO with the mediocre second half and time lapses, but truthfully the second season, SAO 2 very well done. Rating it off story, music, animation/art, and enjoyment I would have to give it at least an 8.5/10 up to the latest episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 23, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
Idk bout others, but as for me, I didnt even finish the 1st ep. I stopped somewhere at the minute 7. It was boring as hell, might get into it later maybe
Aug 23, 2014 1:22 PM
Dec 2013
Cause people like to hate on popular things. I like the second season so far, way better than ALO.
Aug 23, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
Mediocre second half? First half was the mediocre, second half was awful rofl.
Aug 23, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
PierceJ said:
Cause people like to hate on popular things.

This.

I recommend ignoring them, and focus on what you enjoy.
Aug 23, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
more hate after GGO incoming
because its full asuna shit with romance dramashit
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 23, 2014 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
PierceJ said:
Cause people like to hate on popular things.

This.

+1
Aug 23, 2014 1:43 PM
Jun 2014
I am really enjoying this new season. I don't understand why some people are hating it. I for one, enjoy the change of style. There is also mystery and good enough action involved. Sometimes, I want to get in someone else's head and watch it as they watch it because I am really curious at how people watch certain shows.. But i guess you like what you like.
Aug 23, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
Bland characters, bland villains, bland plot, bland dialogue? Also Kirito continuing to undermine all the characters in the show.

There's nothing really good about SAO 1 or SAO 2 other than production values. The only thing SAO2 does differently then the first season is uh...well nothing really. I guess Sinons problems seem a little more serious than Asuna or Suguha's problems, but the execution of her character is still around the same level at this point.
Aug 23, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
hyperknees91 said:
Bland characters, bland villains, bland plot, bland dialogue?

There's nothing really good about SAO 1 or SAO 2 other than production values. The only thing SAO2 does differently then the first season is uh...well nothing really. I guess Sinons problems seem a little more serious than Asuna or Suguha's problems, but the execution of her character is still around the same level at this point.
Yeah A1 should have put all their money on Aldnoah Zero instead, the mecha animation really could be better.
Aug 23, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
got corrupted by the hate... i'm trying my best to enjoy this series b/c it was pretty good to read in the LN. Also waiting on Mother's Rosario
Aug 23, 2014 1:53 PM

Aug 2008

Yeah A1 should have put all their money on Aldnoah Zero instead, the mecha animation really could be better.

Unfortunately for whatever reason, SAO is godly popular. Therefore I guess its the smarter business move to give it more budget. Rather than a single IP (though it's Gen, and he's awesome so he deserves it).
Aug 23, 2014 1:59 PM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Have you considered the ambiance of the anime and how well they are able to portray it? I don't want to get into each and every episode because that is not what this thread is for, but at least in the latest episode the suspense is great, and the build up to it is pretty good. Not to mention how the are ending their episodes lately, they keep you hooked near the end and throw a cliff hanger at you. In my opinion they are doing a much better job than in ALO.

You say the word "bland" a lot in your comment describing the anime, but in the end this is just your opinion and doesn't give enough credit to the anime.
Aug 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
Kolle said:
hyperknees91 said:

Have you considered the ambiance of the anime and how well they are able to portray it? I don't want to get into each and every episode because that is not what this thread is for, but at least in the latest episode the suspense is great, and the build up to it is pretty good. Not to mention how the are ending their episodes lately, they keep you hooked near the end and throw a cliff hanger at you. In my opinion they are doing a much better job than in ALO.

You say the word "bland" a lot in your comment describing the anime, but in the end this is just your opinion and doesn't give enough credit to the anime.
Who's 'they'?
Aug 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
Yohimo_asakura said:
tsudecimo said:

This.

+1

The hate from season 1 got passed down, so haters now have to "come up" with reasons the series is bad. Some of the funny ones I've seen is "It's not realistic how Sinon is scared of the toy gun" Makes you wonder if people know what anime rlly is, cuz thats a lot more realistic than gathering 7 balls to summon a magical dragon. Regardless the series had a slow start, and is getting better but is still definitely not a 10/10.
Aug 23, 2014 2:28 PM
Apr 2014
Cause there IS a lot of people hating it...

Some people miss the point of this being ANIME, not RL.

They don't stand the Main Characters [Asuna and Kirito], they say the plot sucks, the story sucks, everything sucks, yet they keep watching and complaining every episode... idk, they need attention probably? There are a LOT of worse animes than SAO1 but they don't get the hate, I could say SnK/AoT is worse, more popular and way more overrated, but it doesn't get all the hate, why? no idea.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
Kolle said:
hyperknees91 said:

I feel like the anime has decent directing based on the original material content. But that's about it. Obviously I'm just expressing my opinion. I thought that's what this thread was inquiring about? Why I thought it's a bland anime?

I don't feel like there is any suspense. Kirito is too over-powered and his opponents are too bland for that to happen.

Cause there IS a lot of people hating it...

Some people miss the point of this being ANIME, not RL.

They don't stand the Main Characters [Asuna and Kirito], they say the plot sucks, the story sucks, everything sucks, yet they keep watching and complaining every episode... idk, they need attention probably? There are a LOT of worse animes than SAO1 but they don't get the hate, I could say SnK/AoT is worse, more popular and way more overrated, but it doesn't get all the hate, why? no idea.

AOT has at least some good scenes in it if you ask me, but I'll agree it's also not very good. AOT got hate and the overrated stick though if your curious. I think it's because AOT has much better characters than SAO in general though.
Aug 23, 2014 2:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You are very attentive I see to notice this extraordinary turn of events
Aug 23, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
It started really slow, a lot of talking. But it's enjoyable right now, at most I'd give it a 7. It's no mystery why it'd have hate, a lot of people disliked season 1 therefore some/most of them would carry that mentality of season 2 sucking as well, you tend to pick out a lot of bad things and only stick to those with that sorta mentality. I really hate the trapito bs in the show, I'd probably give it a 5 because of that but I'm cool with it now.
Aug 23, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
powerofemo said:
The hate from season 1 got passed down, so haters now have to "come up" with reasons the series is bad. Some of the funny ones I've seen is "It's not realistic how Sinon is scared of the toy gun" Makes you wonder if people know what anime rlly is, cuz thats a lot more realistic than gathering 7 balls to summon a magical dragon.

I don't think you understand what it means to be realistic in a certain context though.

SAO at least looks like it tries to be serious and somewhat grounded with the characters while Dragon Ball couldn't give two shits about realism. It's kind of like saying "It's silly to think Michael Corleone in The Godfather being reluctant about his mafia family is unrealistic when there's also a movie where a green monster, a WW2 veteran who hasn't aged, a god, and a man in a metal suit team up to fight aliens led by another god." It's kind of like saying "People are funny when they think Heavy Rain is unrealistic because of Ethan's supernatural dreams when there are other video games where you're a blue hedgehog running at the speed of sound."

Just because one thing is entirely unrealistic does not give everything else in the respective medium the right to completely be unrealistic as well.
VerchanAug 23, 2014 3:11 PM
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Aug 23, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2014
The amount of plot holes helped SAO: II dig its own grave in my opinion.

The quite useless Sinon side story, and endless butt/panty shots of hers.

The fact Sinon is trying to overcome a traumatic event of killing a man, by shooting even more people in a VRMMO makes little sense.

Kirito enters GGO, and decides to wield a sword...really? Not a bazooka? Not some mini-gun? Photon swords reek of originality.

Kirito being a female avatar like some excited 12 year old playing World of Warcraft for the first time.

The fanservice that was inserted in episode 8 totally detracted from the plot in the episode. "Oh I took off all my gear before I went underwater and swam naked" *Insert picture of a naked female Kirito swimming underwater*, because I definitely couldn't have imagined that scene in my mind, so they showed me it...

Sorry, but fanservice & panty shots belong in a harem or romance. SAO: II breaks its immersion everytime it pulls one of these cheap tactics to give eye candy to all its watchers.
KitsuenAug 23, 2014 4:11 PM
Aug 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
Because people hate shitty shows.
Aug 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2013
Because there is.
Aug 23, 2014 3:33 PM
Aug 2008
people give critism, peple "hate",because they like SAOII.

if they dislike SAOII. they will simply stop wathing and commenting about SAOIII
Aug 23, 2014 3:58 PM
Jul 2014
Yohimo_asakura said:
tsudecimo said:

This.

+1
+1 as well
Aug 23, 2014 4:15 PM
Apr 2014
Gantsz said:

The fact Sinon is trying to overcome a traumatic event of killing a man, by shooting even more people in a VRMMO makes little sense.

Kirito enters GGO, and decides to wield a sword...really? Not a bazooka? Not some mini-gun? Photon swords reek of originality.

Kirito being a female avatar like some excited 12 year old playing World of Warcraft for the first time.

The fanservice that was inserted in episode 8 totally detracted from the plot in the episode. "Oh I took off all my gear before I went underwater and swam naked" *Insert picture of a naked female Kirito swimming underwater*, because I definitely couldn't have imagined that scene in my mind, so they showed me it...

Sorry, but fanservice & panty shots belong in a harem or romance. SAO: II breaks its immersion everytime it pulls one of these cheap tactics to give eye candy to all its watchers.

Yea, you surely paid attention to story, specially cause Kirito's avatar is "female", cmon.
ReyxeAug 23, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 23, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2014
powerofemo said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

+1

The hate from season 1 got passed down, so haters now have to "come up" with reasons the series is bad. Some of the funny ones I've seen is "It's not realistic how Sinon is scared of the toy gun" Makes you wonder if people know what anime rlly is, cuz thats a lot more realistic than gathering 7 balls to summon a magical dragon. Regardless the series had a slow start, and is getting better but is still definitely not a 10/10.

There are things what makes it 10/10 for me. If I would only judge from "fictional objectivity" side, I would write it no more than 7. And since I'm a huge fan of LN, when I see a good adaptation, I can't help myself and write it 10.

The thing with removing items is logical under this game rules. You cannot swim underwater properly with clothes.
People always search for things they not exist. That leads to misunderstandings.
TapuTapuuAug 23, 2014 5:18 PM
Aug 23, 2014 5:31 PM

Feb 2012
This is coming from someone that loved the first season and watched it 3 times but in this one the voice acting sucks BIG TIME.I watched episode 08 and it was the first time after Eurobasket 2013 that i wanted to put a hole on my computer screen.The scene where Kirito was revealing part of his past to shino was supposed to be a very serious discussion and despite that I felt that I was back in 1st grade watching pokemon.What made me even more disappointed was the fact that both the atmosphere and the words used one the scene where spot on(let's admit when it comes to psychological staff the Japanese do awesome work in all aspects novel,movies,anime etc). On the bright side action and animation are really good and even better when they keep their mouths shut.
Mokkori-kunAug 23, 2014 6:02 PM
Aug 23, 2014 6:08 PM
Aug 2014
I would say that this season has gotten better....especially with the pacing. It's not too fast and it doesn't try to be as serious as it did in the first season. Now don't get me wrong, the first season was alright (disregarding the second arc), but it had a lot of bad points. At least this season covers up a lot of those bad points. Overall, I don't really have anything against it.
Aug 23, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Because dislike stands out more, durr.

And in reality its not even a lot of people.
Aug 23, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2014
Yohimo_asakura said:
powerofemo said:

There are things what makes it 10/10 for me. If I would only judge from "fictional objectivity" side, I would write it no more than 7. And since I'm a huge fan of LN, when I see a good adaptation, I can't help myself and write it 10.

The thing with removing items is logical under this game rules. You cannot swim underwater properly with clothes.
People always search for things they not exist. That leads to misunderstandings.

Tell that on swimming to the marines
Aug 23, 2014 9:07 PM

Mar 2014
Because it's SAO. There will be a lot of love for the series but it also comes with a a lot of hate.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 23, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
I've been enjoying 2nd season a good bit myself... there's nothing you can really do to the people who hate it or dislike it though. Just let em have their opinions, and you have yours.
Aug 23, 2014 9:09 PM

May 2012
because they are Anti social otaku shut-in whatever you call it..

Aug 29, 2014 10:51 PM

Apr 2014
im going to be selfish and say, i think its a good anime and thats all that matters to me, sure ggo is a dreary world but still, ive always loved animes with a game theme, like log horizon( cnt wait for s2 )
Aug 29, 2014 10:54 PM

Sep 2012
Yohimo_asakura said:
tsudecimo said:

This.

+1
+2

Bandwagon hate is pretty dumb.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 30, 2014 1:30 AM
Jul 2008
We're on episode 8 and pretty much fucking nothing has happened.
Aug 30, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2013
Nachotee said:
We're on episode 8 and pretty much fucking nothing has happened.
Because you're not watching the show.
Aug 30, 2014 5:19 PM
Jan 2013
Mikaze said:

And it will rise from the dead if needed.

Hey! at least she has character..

I'll admit.Even the SAO hatebase tends towards being too hipster.

There is some good in it.

Aug 30, 2014 6:43 PM

Aug 2014
A lot of the haters have probably never seen it and hate on GGO because it's SAO and it is "cool" to hate on it. I honestly think GGO is better than SAO.
Aug 30, 2014 6:51 PM
Apr 2014
eyeballyabs said:
A lot of the haters have probably never seen it and hate on GGO because it's SAO and it is "cool" to hate on it. I honestly think GGO is better than SAO.

It IS better, the funniest part is when the guy hating SAO loved SnK or Mirai Nikki and was obsessed with it, like... LOL

Aug 30, 2014 6:54 PM

Apr 2014
I don't think it's a 10/10 show nor do I think it's garbage. I enjoy it for what it's worth despite all the lacking elements and issues the show has.

The reason it garners so much hate is because of how much people fanboy/girl the show. So in retaliation, people will absolutely crap on the show to even things out. It's definitely far from a masterpiece, but once again, I enjoy the concept.
Nop.
Aug 30, 2014 6:54 PM

Jan 2014
Reyxe said:
eyeballyabs said:

It IS better, the funniest part is when the guy hating SAO loved SnK or Mirai Nikki and was obsessed with it, like... LOL
You can hate on a popular show and love another popular show, which actually debunkes the idea that most people who dislike a certain popular animu "are just doing it on it because it's popular".
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Aug 30, 2014 6:57 PM
Apr 2014
Sapewloth said:
Reyxe said:

You can hate on a popular show and love another popular show, which actually debunkes the idea that most people who dislike a certain popular animu "are just doing it on it because it's popular".

Not talking about popularity, but if SAO is overrated, then SnK is way more overrated, sorry not sorry.

Aug 30, 2014 7:00 PM

May 2014
As someone who greatly disliked the first season of SAO, i'm actually enjoying GGO. Mostly cause Sinon is the first girl that has an interesting background (or any sort of backstory) and doesn't immediately fall for Kirito's pussy magnet ability.
Aug 30, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2014
Reyxe said:
Sapewloth said:

Not talking about popularity, but if SAO is overrated, then SnK is way more overrated, sorry not sorry.
Everything is overrated.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Aug 30, 2014 7:13 PM

Sep 2013
R4vel said:
Mediocre second half? First half was the mediocre, second half was awful rofl.
Aug 30, 2014 7:16 PM
Oct 2012
Sapewloth said:
Everything is overrated.

But according to the Invincibles, doesn't that mean that nothing is?
Aug 30, 2014 7:43 PM
Apr 2014
If everything is overrated, then it doesn't mean that nothing is underrated and thus, nothing is rated at all? DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Aug 30, 2014 8:48 PM

Jan 2014
Reyxe said:
If everything is overrated, then it doesn't mean that nothing is underrated and thus, nothing is rated at all? DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:
You just discovered the meaning of life.

Congratulations.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.