Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2007 10:51 PM

Nov 2006
I thought this episode was great! William's mother made me lol. I loved how Juliet came to the doctor's rescue, and how Romeo saved her. A little expected, but fun to watch nevertheless.
The animation and art was fantastic in this episode as well, beautiful to watch.

So, do you guys think this really is a love that won't bear fruit? :P
Apr 24, 2007 11:32 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
I'm going to have to disagree with you windy. I disliked this episode on a few levels. The first is that I think this Red Whirlwind thing is becoming retarded. A woman somehow manages to best 3 heavily armored men in close confines...and then breaks down a massively heavy wooden door by herself. Ookay? I also like how after falling in the water, Juliet's hat was still safe and snug on her head. Meh.

And then there's this whole Romeo x Juliet thing going on. Up to episode two I thought the connection they had was really growing. They've met twice so far and on the third time Juliet finds out Romeo is Montague's son? Sorry, but no matter how much you could have fallen for someone after "two" meetings, you're going to hate that person beyond belief if they're the son of the person that murdered your parents/siblings. If they had developed a stronger relationship (like in the movies), and then learned about each other's lineage, I wouldn't have a problem. Unless Ganzo pulls out some massive junk here, I'm going to be rather disappointed.
Apr 25, 2007 12:33 AM

Apr 2007
Well, I pretty much liked it. In Sheakespear's play, Romeo and Juliet are together only 4 times. At the ball, the balcony scene, the marriage, and when they spend the night together. I wouldn't really count the catacombs since both saw each other "dead". That's the irony of the play. How each lover saw the other death, since normally one dies before the other. Btw Romeo asked Juliet to marry her at the balcony scene, which was their.. second scene together.

Well let's continue with my random musings..
About the OP:
LOL I actually liked the OP it's performed nicely, but I think the main reason is cuz it reminds me of Heracles xD. Pegasus + OP song brings me back memories when I was 5 and watched the movie 7x a day ^_^ Ahh sweet ol' childhood.

Bout Gonzo:
Well Gonzo isn't that bad, I liked how they did FMP, Vandread, and GateKeepers.
Well if they do the same thing they did with Gantz..*cough* Kishimoto's opais*cough* in Juliet or any female whatsoever(well maybe with the exception of Will's mother) they have guaranteed at least 1 DVD sold, that'll be me :D.

As for how a woman can defeat 3 men, Steroids aren't only men's freind, women can use em too ;). And how the hat remained after jumping to the channel.. I'm still trying to figure it out >_<.

If I stood Sunrise's crap why wouldn't I stand gonzo's twisted world?
Apr 25, 2007 8:22 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Good points about them only meeting 4 times in Shakespeare's actual play. I didn't realize it was so few times. I also like the opening quite a bit (better than the ending at least).
Apr 25, 2007 12:36 PM

Aug 2006
I'll have to agree with Xinil saying that Juliet beating those three guys and then easily kicking that door down is a bit too much. Come on now, she's a 16 year old girl. It's entertaining at base, but a bit too over the top. Gonzo needs to watch themselves so that they don't make the series too ridiculous.
#dontcare
Apr 25, 2007 1:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, I agree to that as well. Had a few weak points but was a good episode nonetheless.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 26, 2007 11:05 AM

Oct 2006
Xinil said:
I'm going to have to disagree with you windy. I disliked this episode on a few levels. The first is that I think this Red Whirlwind thing is becoming retarded. A woman somehow manages to best 3 heavily armored men in close confines...and then breaks down a massively heavy wooden door by herself. Ookay? I also like how after falling in the water, Juliet's hat was still safe and snug on her head. Meh.

And then there's this whole Romeo x Juliet thing going on. Up to episode two I thought the connection they had was really growing. They've met twice so far and on the third time Juliet finds out Romeo is Montague's son? Sorry, but no matter how much you could have fallen for someone after "two" meetings, you're going to hate that person beyond belief if they're the son of the person that murdered your parents/siblings. If they had developed a stronger relationship (like in the movies), and then learned about each other's lineage, I wouldn't have a problem. Unless Ganzo pulls out some massive junk here, I'm going to be rather disappointed.

I kinda like the whole Red Whirlwind thing. She's a little ridiculous in terms of strength, but then again horses have wings. I can accept some departure from reality, and I like the fact that she isn't just a decoration or figurehead.

As for her relationship with Romeo, I disagree. She liked him quite a bit before she found out he was a Montague, and she's only just learned about her past and her lineage and such. She hasn't had time to develop a strong bond with either. It's not like she spent her entire life dwelling on the death of her family - she spent it in relatively carefree happiness. All these new things are just being lumped on her at once, so it's no surprise that she'd be confused. Think about it - the day before her birthday, she wouldn't have thought anything about Romeo being a Montague. Do you really think that she would change her feelings instantly after hearing some grand story about murder and revenge and her responsibility to lead? All this is new to her, so it'd frighten and confuse her. I expect she'd be at least as likely to choose Romeo as she would someone else's revenge.
Apr 26, 2007 11:35 AM

Apr 2007
Krelian said:
I kinda like the whole Red Whirlwind thing. She's a little ridiculous in terms of strength, but then again horses have wings. I can accept some departure from reality, and I like the fact that she isn't just a decoration or figurehead.

As for her relationship with Romeo, I disagree. She liked him quite a bit before she found out he was a Montague, and she's only just learned about her past and her lineage and such. She hasn't had time to develop a strong bond with either. It's not like she spent her entire life dwelling on the death of her family - she spent it in relatively carefree happiness. All these new things are just being lumped on her at once, so it's no surprise that she'd be confused. Think about it - the day before her birthday, she wouldn't have thought anything about Romeo being a Montague. Do you really think that she would change her feelings instantly after hearing some grand story about murder and revenge and her responsibility to lead? All this is new to her, so it'd frighten and confuse her. I expect she'd be at least as likely to choose Romeo as she would someone else's revenge.
I agree with all of this 100%. Theres really nothing more for me to add to strengthen this argument. Good post.

Apr 27, 2007 10:25 AM

Aug 2006
Honestly, the way they're doing the romance isn't bad, just a bit too cliche IMO. It is a love story, but Gonzo is throwing in scenes you've seen countless times before. A little bit is fine, but come on get creative.

I merely don't like the fact that she's pulling off these ridiculous feets. Even if there is an element of fantasy, it still is a bit too much.
#dontcare
Apr 30, 2007 1:57 PM

Jan 2007
Krelian said:

Yes.

Plus she has to have that sort of "savior of the people" mindset or rising up to overthrow evil Montague loses its significance.

It's essentially a fairy tale, Romeo and Juliet meets Cinderella meets Robin Hood. That kind of epic has to be overblown and larger than life. It's the nature of the beast. :)
Apr 30, 2007 2:01 PM

Mar 2007
but I think its getting pretty interresting that Romeo and Juliet have to fight eachother, it still follows the original story though with more twists in it wich making the story between the Capulete and the Montague very interresting.

Specially that Juliet now knows she is the actually princess before her family was killed.
I am really looking forward how the relation here goes though between Romeo and Juliet, guess it will be abit differend from the real.....
Oct 1, 2009 10:48 PM

Apr 2008
2+ year old thread, meh why not

I have one beef with the red whirlwind, she hasn't actually killed anyone yet. Seriously, this is Romeo and Juliet, people are supposed to be dying. Maybe they are trying to preserve Juliet's innocence but honestly I don't think its done well. I want blood!
Oct 17, 2009 6:56 PM

Sep 2008
Quanta said:
I have one beef with the red whirlwind, she hasn't actually killed anyone yet. Seriously, this is Romeo and Juliet, people are supposed to be dying. Maybe they are trying to preserve Juliet's innocence but honestly I don't think its done well. I want blood!

The only way I tried to convince myself that this was actually okay was by considering the fact that, even in the original play, Juliet didn't actually kill anyone herself. [Edit: Er, I mean, she didn't kill anyone herself... aside from her own self of course.] Plus it is the third episode in, and from the looks of it, there may be some bloodshed in the future...? Although this is supposed to be a romance, so who knows...

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Somehow I was surprised to find out that Juliet was surprised that Romeo was a Montague. For some reason I thought she knew already. XD Mistake on my part, entirely, though... I, too, was kind of going "what the...?" when they all jumped into the water and Juliet's hat was still firmly planted on her head. Maybe it's attached or secured around her head, somehow, haha.
Aug 9, 2010 8:18 PM

Apr 2010
About the whole commotion about 'Red Whirlwind' I thought it was kinda ridiculous kicking all the bad guys like she was zoro or something.
It's silly she never actually harms them..

Putting that aside, this episode was really good.
That's all~
Oct 29, 2010 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
Juliet is kinda strong when she become the Red Whirlwind isnt she? lol
Feb 1, 2011 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
This show is asking me to suspend my disbelief a few too many times at this point.
Quanta said:

This too. When I saw the opening in episode one that showed Montague killing Capulet, I was preparing for some good tragedy in the Shakespearean style. But this is a show for children I guess. :<
May 8, 2011 11:33 AM

Aug 2010
I like the Red Whirlwind! It adds an interesting twist. As for the hat staying on (which seems to be really bugging most of you) She jumps all over the place and has to keep the hat AND wig in place, it doesn't surprise me that it would stay on in the water. She's probably had lots of practice keeping that hat on.

Apr 13, 2012 9:45 AM

Jul 2011
yeah red whirlwind can be quite annoying onlu because i love juliet as innocent girly juliet from the play and about the hat maybe she loves it alot and held onto it while falling in the water
Apr 24, 2012 8:40 AM

Feb 2012
PseudoJord said:
This too. When I saw the opening in episode one that showed Montague killing Capulet, I was preparing for some good tragedy in the Shakespearean style. But this is a show for children I guess. :<

The killing in Romeo and Juliet didn’t start till the end with the death of Marcutio so I won’t expect characters to start getting killed off until at least episode 12.

The big question on my mind is if Prince Montague would be will to strike down his son. It’s clear that the nobles don’t like him so if Romeo is savvy enough he might be able to force the “retirement” of his father and claim the throne himself. Being married to Juliet would also ensure that his heir would be the true ruler by might and by legitimacy. But I highly doubt this would happen because it looks like Prince Montague would kill Romeo if he became a threat.
Jul 6, 2012 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
Who cares if hes a montague! He's a good dude.
Feb 7, 2014 7:34 AM

May 2012
With that ending you could just see her dreams shatter in a million pieces! Nice development though so let's see what's next!
Jun 19, 2014 10:46 PM

Dec 2011
This is the 2nd times i'm watching this but this anime should not be compare to the original willaim shakepeare's Romeo and Juliet but as an original anime since so far it's good
Jun 22, 2014 11:06 AM

Dec 2013
Its sucks getting spoilered
Jun 23, 2014 7:44 AM

May 2012
This anime is so great. I like all the drama and emotions. This how romance anime should be. Not like these boring school high school romance that we get every season.
Apr 26, 2017 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
I like that she's a vigilante, it's interesting.

Romeo does seem a lot better than his family tbh.

I'm loving it so far! <3
Dec 14, 2018 3:06 PM

May 2013
Now you must kill him, Juliet .___.

LOL jks, it'll be okay xP

I'm glad Romeo takes after his mama <3 Her laugh when she knew he was in love was so sweet :'D
Jan 24, 2021 4:03 PM

Mar 2013
Great Episode. Heartbreaking to find out Juliet's ENTIRE Family had been murdered and so was everyone else's.
I loved seeing William's Mom being aware of who Juliet is and having helped them out.
On the other Hand...I wonder why Romeo's Mom left the Castle? Seems likely that she did it because she didn't agree with what her Husband had done to the Capulets.
It was so cute that Romeo recognised that it was Juliet immediately :) poor her tho finding out about how Romeo is actually a Montague, her reaction to it is pretty spot on tho imo. I wonder how their Relationship and meetings will continue from now on, since she is aware who he is.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Mar 30, 2022 7:00 PM
Mar 2019
I see forgiveness coming.
Even though Revenge should be the way to go.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.