Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 8, 2014 6:26 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
Magenero said:
Bullshit chapter. The kid is 14, and he's going to be the PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY?? How the hell did they gather the townspeople in those ruins? How did Hanji show up out of nowhere sitting on their desk? Wanna bet those people moving towards the survey corps are their allies (arrrggggg)? Its pretty obvious that Isayama created those reporters as deus ex machina characters to help the survey corps. Goog Job Isayama-sensei the military police are now cartoonish-psychopatic-villans, you must be so proud :) I HATE LEVI! If Erwin doesn't die next chapter... Screw this manga.

Voted Hated it

First of all that's were the towns people live you idiot! Second of all it's a plan made by hanji were you even reading when hanji was having a discussion with the reporters!? about the kid being the president at 15. He was in line to be the new president his father is dead! dURR!!

Also about the reporter part, the civilians hate the survey corps because of the reporters in the first place they were lying to the civilians. So it's pretty stupid to say it's a deus x machima when the reporters were the ones that started it in the first place, so they should be the one to fix the problem. durr!

I hope you're trolling because if you're serious you're very dumb and need to read more, your reading comprehension skills is pretty low if you couldn't understand this simple chapter. Poor you.

Whatever... And its written Duh not durr.
Its stupid to think a 15 year old can be president of a company.
Aug 8, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
Magenero said:
keragamming said:

First of all that's were the towns people live you idiot! Second of all it's a plan made by hanji were you even reading when hanji was having a discussion with the reporters!? about the kid being the president at 15. He was in line to be the new president his father is dead! dURR!!

Also about the reporter part, the civilians hate the survey corps because of the reporters in the first place they were lying to the civilians. So it's pretty stupid to say it's a deus x machima when the reporters were the ones that started it in the first place, so they should be the one to fix the problem. durr!

I hope you're trolling because if you're serious you're very dumb and need to read more, your reading comprehension skills is pretty low if you couldn't understand this simple chapter. Poor you.

Yes I also believe It's also stupid that a young boy can be a king so early. but it does happen and you have to accept that. Have you watched game of thrones? Joffery?? Is this the first you have heard of someone young taking up a big responsibility? This also happens in real life as well. You need to watch more movies and anime.

Historia is suppose to be queen and she's young, why didn't you complain then? I don't get it.
Aug 8, 2014 6:38 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
Magenero said:
But they are. Those characters were created one chapter ago and now they are working with the survey corps. And helped them expose the military police.

But the newspaper spread all the lies in the first place remember this. The reporter guy you see is the one that is writing up all these lies in the first place.

So isn't it natural for them to fix the problem that they created in the first place?
But it's still too weird for Hanji to show up like that on their desk out of nowhere. Its too convenient that the military police babbled everything and didn't immediately shot the kid. Its too weird that those citizens showed up all of a sudden from hiding, I mean who told them to hide? After all they hate Hanji they wouldn't listen to her. It's too convenient. And like you said we saw the chaos the reporters did a few chapters ago. But they were created as characters one chapter ago so, everything just looks very contrived. I mean look at it they show up last chapter. We get focus on them this chapter, one them starts speaking that he's starting to have doubts and Hanji shows up all of a sudden at the same time.
Aug 8, 2014 6:48 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
Magenero said:

Yes I also believe It's also stupid that a young boy can be a king so early. but it does happen and you have to accept that. Have you watched game of thrones? Joffery?? Is this the first you have heard of someone young taking up a big responsibility? This also happens in real life as well. You need to watch more movies and anime.

Historia is suppose to be queen and she's young, why didn't you complain then? I don't get it.
That example of kings and queens doesn't work. Because Joffrey had advisors, he just didn't listen to them. Remember Cersei was regent but he didn't listen to her advices in the tv series and she didn't say anything to him in the books. Who will advice this kid? Can't they nominee someone else to be president? Does he have the skills to run a corporation? Kingdoms being ruled by decedents of the same bloodline are one thing. Company's are another. You need the management skills, the ability to make business, along with whatever other stuff that is needed... And the kid probably doesn't have any of that or they haven't shown us that. And thats why I didn't complain about Historia, because kingdom follow the rule based on bloodline. And because it's more than obvious that she will only be a puppet ruler.
Aug 8, 2014 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
My god you're a headache. Let me try and explain everything so you can understand.

"But it's still too weird for Hanji to show up like that on their desk out of nowhere"

She sneak in..... is that so hard to believe?

"Its too convenient that the military police babbled everything and didn't immediately shot the kid"

Read back the chapter, they were in laughter and felt that everything is going there way, also the kid beg for a little answer before he died, In there mind they're thinking that they can tell him everything since he will die anyways. Why is that so hard for you to believe? If you are about to kill someone and they can't get a way from you, and they beg you to tell them why you want to kill them, wouldn't you explain it since they're going to die anyways?? it's just human nature.

"Its too weird that those citizens showed up all of a sudden from hiding, I mean who told them to hide?"

They were not hiding that's at least what I believe, everyone of the civilians heard the noise and went to see what's going on.

"We get focus on them this chapter, one them starts speaking that he's starting to have doubts and Hanji shows up all of a sudden at the same time."

I have a final question for you. This is a story! So obviously these characters were made to be the ones to show the civilians the truth. Didn't I explain to you that the reporters were the ones that spread all the lies in the first place?

What other way are the survey corps going to convince the civilians that they're the good guys? I thought you want this arc to end? Answer this question.
keragammingAug 8, 2014 7:10 PM
Aug 8, 2014 6:59 PM

Nov 2011
Flegel elected as the new president of that The Reeves Company? I wonder how that will work..

I don't think Erwin will die soon. He's still too important of a character in this series.
Aug 8, 2014 7:02 PM

Oct 2013
Magenero said:
That example of kings and queens doesn't work. Because Joffrey had advisors, he just didn't listen to them. Remember Cersei was regent but he didn't listen to her advices in the tv series and she didn't say anything to him in the books. Who will advice this kid? Can't they nominee someone else to be president? Does he have the skills to run a corporation? Kingdoms being ruled by decedents of the same bloodline are one thing. Company's are another. You need the management skills, the ability to make business, along with whatever other stuff that is needed... And the kid probably doesn't have any of that or they haven't shown us that. And thats why I didn't complain about Historia, because kingdom follow the rule based on bloodline. And because it's more than obvious that she will only be a puppet ruler.

Oh lord save me. I thought the point you were making is that he was too young? In the end joffery is still king and he had power and he could do what the fuck he wants to do.

Also how do you know that Flegel wont get a adviser? Since it was just announce that he will be president? He doesn't even need a adviser he said it himself, his father teach him a lot about the business world and how it works, I think he knows what he's doing, chill dude.
keragammingAug 8, 2014 7:06 PM
Aug 8, 2014 7:12 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
My god you're a headache. Let me try and explain everything so you can understand.

"But it's still too weird for Hanji to show up like that on their desk out of nowhere"

[size=100]"Its too convenient that the military police babbled everything and didn't immediately shot the kid"[size]

Read back the chapter, they were in laughter and feel that everything is going there way, also the kid beg for a little answer before he died, In there mind they're thinking that they can tell him everything since he will die anyways. Why is that hard for you to believe. if you are about to kill someone and they can't get a way from you, and they beg you to tell them why you want to kill them, wouldn't you explain it since they're going to die anyways?? it's just human nature.

"Its too weird that those citizens showed up all of a sudden from hiding, I mean who told them to hide?"

They were not hiding that's at least what I believe, everyone of the civilians heard the noise and went to see what's going on.

"We get focus on them this chapter, one them starts speaking that he's starting to have doubts and Hanji shows up all of a sudden at the same time."

I have a final question for you. This is a story! So obviously these characters were made to be the ones to show the civilians the truth. Didn't I explain to you that the reporters were the ones that spread all the lies in the first place?

What other way are the survey corps going to convince the civilians that they're the good guys? I thought you want this arc to end? Answer this question.
And none of the people were outside when it happened? And now that I think about it the police is looking for the survey corps, so shouldn't they know where the population was living? End it in another way have Hanji, moblit and the kid escape to somewhere else. Pixis said they wouldn't help them overthrow the government, but he never said anything about helping hide them. How did Hanji she sneak in? Was she there in the room the whole time? And Moblit enters the room at the same time.. through the main door! Have the arc end on another way, with a bloodbath. The main characters keep escaping death especially Jean. Either kill him to so Isayama can proove he is not afraid to kill main characters or kill someone that is also a main character I don't care who connie, sasha, mikasa, armin, Levi (specially these last 3).
Aug 8, 2014 7:20 PM

Oct 2013
Magenero said:
keragamming said:

[size=100]"Its too convenient that the military police babbled everything and didn't immediately shot the kid"[size]

Read back the chapter, they were in laughter and feel that everything is going there way, also the kid beg for a little answer before he died, In there mind they're thinking that they can tell him everything since he will die anyways. Why is that hard for you to believe. if you are about to kill someone and they can't get a way from you, and they beg you to tell them why you want to kill them, wouldn't you explain it since they're going to die anyways?? it's just human nature.

And none of the people were outside when it happened? And now that I think about it the police is looking for the survey corps, so shouldn't they know where the population was living? End it in another way have Hanji, moblit and the kid escape to somewhere else. Pixis said they wouldn't help them overthrow the government, but he never said anything about helping hide them. How did Hanji she sneak in? Was she there in the room the whole time? And Moblit enters the room at the same time.. through the main door! Have the arc end on another way, with a bloodbath. The main characters keep escaping death especially Jean. Either kill him to so Isayama can proove he is not afraid to kill main characters or kill someone that is also a main character I don't care who connie, sasha, mikasa, armin, Levi (specially these last 3).

Hanji came through the window.

"And now that I think about it the police is looking for the survey corps, so shouldn't they know where the population was living?"

The hell? Hanji and everyone else wasn't living there, they were living somewhere in the forest region. Remember it was a trap, flegel run in that town because he wanted the civilians to hear in the first place.

"And none of the people were outside when it happened?"

The people that live in the houses were inside, and the civilians and the workers were on the street when they heard the noise.

I'm loosing a lot of patience speaking with you because clearly you need to reread the chapter, I've proven that you've missing a lot of details in this chapter, go read over.
Aug 8, 2014 7:23 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
Magenero said:

Oh lord save me. I thought the point you were making is that he was too young? In the end joffery is still king and he had power and he could do what the fuck he wants to do.

Also how do you know that Flegel wont get a adviser? Since it was just announce that he will be president? He doesn't even need a adviser he said it himself, his father teach him a lot about the business world and how it works, I think he knows what he's doing, chill dude.
"I thought the point you were making is that he was too young?"- They are one in the same. His father taught him everything, seriously? When did he say that? Yes he is too young to be the president of the company because companies and kingdom work differently. You become King if your the child of the previous king, and the king has died. You become king or queen even if your young, and clearly don't have the qualifications for it. It doesn't work that way in companies and corporations, he is too young and clearly doesn't have the skills yet to manage the company as president.
MageneroAug 8, 2014 7:31 PM
Aug 8, 2014 7:27 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
Magenero said:

Hanji came through the window.

"And now that I think about it the police is looking for the survey corps, so shouldn't they know where the population was living?"

The hell? Hanji and everyone else wasn't living there, they were living somewhere in the forest region. Remember it was a trap, flegel run in that town because he wanted the civilians to hear in the first place.

"And none of the people were outside when it happened?"

The people that live in the houses were inside, and the civilians and the workers were on the street when they heard the noise.

I'm loosing a lot of patience speaking with you because clearly you need to reread the chapter, I've proven that you've missing a lot of details in this chapter, go read over.
I am not talking about the survey corps living in those ruins I am talking about the police knowing that people were living in those ruins. If your searching for someone you should know the likely places where someone can hide, alongside the places where normal civilians live. And Hanji made no noise when she landed. Unless of course she was there from the beggining. But that still leaves the problem of Moblit waltzing in through the main door, like there is no more problem. And the police didn't notice the people on the street when they were chasing him?
Aug 8, 2014 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
^ Seriously dude read back the damn chapter!

Ok about the moblit part you're talking about. Moblit isn't well known as levi and Hanji of course he can get a way or even walk in a crowd easily. They don't have a wanted poster of him like what they had for levi.

Flegel wasn't even living there! Who the fuck said that they didn't search there???????????????????????

about the hanji part, maybe Isayama did it because he wanted it to look cool???? fuck! Have you never watched a movie before???? When out of nowhere a character shows up out of nowhere sitting casually? You're just nitpicking everything.

"His father thought him everything, seriously? When did he say that? Yes he is too young to be the president of the company because companies and kingdom work differently. You become King if your the child of the previous king, and the king has died. You become king or queen even if your young, and clearly don't have the qualifications for it. It doesn't work that way in companies and corporations, he is too young and clearly doesn't have the skills yet to manage the company as president."

Bullshit bullshit Bullshit bullshit! We don't know nothing about flegel and his father relationship, so you can't say his father didn't teach him about the business. Read back chapter 56, it shows more hints that his father teach him a lot about how to work the business.

Why do you have a mindset that people that are young teenagers can't accomplish or take up a big responsibility? You really don't know nothing.

And you want any character to die just to make the series seem like anyone can die??? That's sad I'm guessing you're not enjoying this series that much if all you want is any character to die.
keragammingAug 8, 2014 7:43 PM
Aug 8, 2014 7:46 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
^ Seriously dude read back the chapter damn chapter!

Ok about the moblit part you're talking about. Moblit isn't well known as levi and Hanji of course he can get a way or even walk in a crowd easily. They don't have a wanted poster of him like what they had for levi.

Flegel wasn't even living there! Who the fuck said that they didn't search there???????????????????????

about the hanji part, maybe Isayama did it because he wanted it to look cool???? fuck! Have you never watched a movie yet???? When out of nowhere a character shows up out of nowhere sitting casually? You're just nitpicking everything.

"His father thought him everything, seriously? When did he say that? Yes he is too young to be the president of the company because companies and kingdom work differently. You become King if your the child of the previous king, and the king has died. You become king or queen even if your young, and clearly don't have the qualifications for it. It doesn't work that way in companies and corporations, he is too young and clearly doesn't have the skills yet to manage the company as president."

Bullshit bullshit Bullshit bullshit! We don't know nothing about flegel and his father relationship, so you can't say his father didn't teach him about the business. Read back chapter 56, it shows more hints that his father teach him a lot about how to work the business.

Why do you have a mindset that people that are young teenagers can't accomplish or take up a big responsibility? You really don't know nothing.

And you want any character to die just to make the series seem like anyone can die??? That's sad I'm guessing you're not enjoying this series that much if all you want is any character to die.
But a company seriously and a company very important for that city. They why were they surprised those people were living there. If the police knew people were living there then why did they say they thought it was just empty ruins. But moblit is the aid of hanji he goes everywhere she goes so wouldn't he also be known.
MageneroAug 8, 2014 8:04 PM
Aug 8, 2014 8:12 PM

May 2013
The king finally said a line but death flag for Erwin, I hope he won't die.

I haven't seen Eren and Christa yet. Hmmmm
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 8, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
Involvement of the Ackermans !!
Hange on inquiries !!
Good judge on people !!
Pledge of the new president !!
A Frighten response !!
Erwin , below the throne !!
Efforts to reach the absolute king !!
Pretty good chapter !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2014 8:46 PM

Oct 2013
Magenero said:
But a company seriously and a company very important for that city. They why were they surprised those people were living there. If the police knew people were living there then why did they say they thought it was just empty ruins. But moblit is the aid of hanji he goes everywhere she goes so wouldn't he also be known.

Sorry dude this series wont spoon feed you, I think Isayama expect us to use our common sense.

They were not surprise they were living there. None of the mp said they thought the place was a empty ruin, he said the place is a dump, meaning the place is for people that are poor.

"But moblit is the aid of hanji he goes everywhere she goes so wouldn't he also be known."

Ok let me spoon feed you the possibilities.

1. maybe it was late night and they were the only one there, and moblit broke in and went in.

2. maybe no one recognize him when he went in.

3. maybe he sneak in without them noticing him.

4. maybe he beat up or tie up the people that were there. I could come up with so much possibilities just use your imagination. -_-

It's like you want Isayama to show you every goddam thing that's going on, do you also want confirmation before a character is about to ease a fart? The chapter would have been so slow if he were to show how moblit and hanji went in.

Seriously Please when next month chapter comes out, please read like 5 times before making a comment, or better none at all. You've no idea what's going on.
keragammingAug 8, 2014 8:53 PM
Aug 8, 2014 8:52 PM
Sep 2013
Yeah idk what the hell you're even arguing about anymore, Magenero.
Aug 8, 2014 11:33 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty good chapter, Erwin confronts the king, probably won't die just yet.
Aug 8, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
SupaNiper said:
keragamming said:

It will be out next month. That's just how the issue works.

How do you explain this then?

Link: http://imgur.com/yp40HJY
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/45

Look back at chapter 59 "To be continue in the September issue" and hey look it's August and we have chapter 60. It always says that but there's always an issue every month.
Aug 8, 2014 11:43 PM
May 2014
NenuserZodiac said:
Attack on talking, another boring chapter.... Where are the titans? I don't care about that fat kid or the reporter or those no name fodder civilian characters, I want to see me some titans. We haven't seen one titan in like 10 chapters!

Last time we saw titan was in flashback 57 when Levi was talking to historia. 53'was when eren practice to get hard. 51 was Connie's mom.
Aug 8, 2014 11:46 PM
May 2014
Magenero said:
Bullshit chapter. The kid is 14, and he's going to be the PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY?? How the hell did they gather the townspeople in those ruins? How did Hanji show up out of nowhere sitting on their desk? Wanna bet those people moving towards the survey corps are their allies (arrrggggg)? Its pretty obvious that Isayama created those reporters as deus ex machina characters to help the survey corps. Goog Job Isayama-sensei the military police are now cartoonish-psychopatic-villans, you must be so proud :) I HATE LEVI! If Erwin doesn't die next chapter... Screw this manga.

Voted Hated it

Quick way to end this arc. But still realistic. 6 more chapters.
Aug 8, 2014 11:48 PM
May 2014
SupaNiper said:
keragamming said:

It will be out next month. That's just how the issue works.

How do you explain this then?

Link: http://imgur.com/yp40HJY
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/45

Each issue of manga is a month ahead. Unless it says that the author is taking a break, each month we get a chapter. Now please tell everybody cause it get really annoying to repeat this each month.
Aug 9, 2014 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
I don't remember Erwin being captured. I guess the general guy turned him in? Also wish the manga would just go back to being about Titans. This whole human vs human thing is interesting but it's not as interesting as the Titan stuff, seems like it's just filler.
Aug 9, 2014 1:38 AM

Jun 2014
Haytin said:
I don't remember Erwin being captured. I guess the general guy turned him in? Also wish the manga would just go back to being about Titans. This whole human vs human thing is interesting but it's not as interesting as the Titan stuff, seems like it's just filler.

Cool avatar pic.
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Aug 9, 2014 2:07 AM

Sep 2013
In all honesty the plan was dumb, they could have shot the fat kid right away and kill him. the author should have showed us flegel wearing a bullet proof vast as some kind of safety measure.
Aug 9, 2014 2:44 AM

Jun 2014
annie_leonheart said:
In all honesty the plan was dumb, they could have shot the fat kid right away and kill him. the author should have showed us flegel wearing a bullet proof vast as some kind of safety measure.

Are there bullet proof vest for head shots?
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Aug 9, 2014 3:07 AM

Jan 2014
Good chapter, really. Let us appreciate Hanji in all of her glory!

But seriously, not to be rude or anything, but people who want only fights with titans and action and stuff, I don't understand them. How do they expect the plot to move on at all if there are no conflicts involving actual people, especially in a world SnK is set in. Unless they don't care for the plot and desire only mindless gore everywhere.

The government is clearly corrupted and as far as I remember, they were very much against the creation of Survey Corps in the first place and now they want to exterminate it all together. Now let's remember the reason we got to see the titan fights at all - because there is a group of people who live to fight them and are trying to find a way to somehow get rid of them, so the humanity can be free again. Now if that group gets dissolved and possibly killed off for opposing the King, well, first everyone is basically screwed, because the most talented soldiers would be gone. That means everyone continues living in fear behind the walls (no fighting), and let's not forget that there a shifters, who have some sort of 'goal' which involves tearing down the walls, and if that happens, well then it's bye bye humanity.

If it's non-stop fighting them complainers want instead of a story with an actual plot, sorry, I can't help them with anything, neither can the author. I agree, it has it's flaws, everything does, but it's a complex story involving serious matters which can't just be resolved with fighting.

I guess that is all for today, sorry for the rant but I kind of felt I had to get this out of my system...
Aug 9, 2014 4:42 AM

Jul 2008
The end of Erwin is near :( Time for the enemies to taste the wrath of the survey corps :D
Aug 9, 2014 4:50 AM
May 2014
[quote=keragamming]
Magenero said:

Sorry dude this series wont spoon feed you, I think Isayama expect us to use our common sense.

They were not surprise they were living there. None of the mp said they thought the place was a empty ruin, he said the place is a dump, meaning the place is for people that are poor.

"But moblit is the aid of hanji he goes everywhere she goes so wouldn't he also be known."

Ok let me spoon feed you the possibilities.

1. maybe it was late night and they were the only one there, and moblit broke in and went in.

2. maybe no one recognize him when he went in.

3. maybe he sneak in without them noticing him.

4. maybe he beat up or tie up the people that were there. I could come up with so much possibilities just use your imagination. -_-

It's like you want Isayama to show you every goddam thing that's going on, do you also want confirmation before a character is about to ease a fart? The chapter would have been so slow if he were to show how moblit and hanji went in.

Seriously Please when next month chapter comes out, please read like 5 times before making a comment, or better none at all. You've no idea what's going on.[/quote
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/35 ----- you were saying
Aug 9, 2014 6:31 AM

Feb 2014
this chapter was simply amazing! great great, loved it, the best comparing to a bunch of the last ones!

Aug 9, 2014 6:33 AM

Jun 2008
annie_leonheart said:

Do they even have a bulletproof vest in those times......? No, where would they even get one in the first place since i would imagine those sort of equipment would have been rare and not produced in large quantity. Even if we pretend he did have a bullet vest, the head can still be shot........? So that's like a waste of effort anyway. The whole plan wasn't stupid, should anything gone wrong, Hanji and the other can still prevent him from getting shot. It was a gamble anyway, it's either they do this or nothing. Their sole intention was to make those townspeople associated with the Reeves company to witness the truth being exposed.
EstherellaAug 9, 2014 6:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2014 6:42 AM

Jun 2008
Haytin said:

It's not really filler. It's already been establish since very early on in the series that this arc would have come sooner or later, this whole government thing is an important plot element that Isayama have to get to regardless. You gotta be shitting on me if you didn't see this coming from miles away when they started talking about government banning people knowing anything about the outside world, how humanity never united to begin with, how civilians are always kept in the dark about everything and how fk-up social systems they have (rich people living in the inner-most, poor people in the outer wall, sending innocent refugees to combat against the titans to take back wall maria as a shit excuse to preserve more food for the riches). Honestly, given the popularity of the series, the author could have give into the hype and keep on doing titans vs human killing over and over again to please the fan (since that's what most people want -.-) but he didn't do that and i respect that. In terms of evaluating the story, there will be lot of plot hole if this government thing issue didn't get addressed (why didn't they use balloon, why didn't they built an underground city, why did the miner disappeared when they tried to dug underground, etc.). If SNK was just a stupid plot about humans vs creatures non-stop crap, then i would have dropped everything altogether (Take a look at Terraformars please). IT's only been 10 chapters and everyone is screaming like it's been going on for years. :/ It's funny how people are bitching about nothing happened again yet in that one whole fking chapter dedicated to armor titan vs eren fight, people seem to responded positively.
EstherellaAug 9, 2014 6:59 AM
Aug 9, 2014 7:40 AM
May 2014
Estherella said:
Haytin said:

It's not really filler. It's already been establish since very early on in the series that this arc would have come sooner or later, this whole government thing is an important plot element that Isayama have to get to regardless. You gotta be shitting on me if you didn't see this coming from miles away when they started talking about government banning people knowing anything about the outside world, how humanity never united to begin with, how civilians are always kept in the dark about everything and how fk-up social systems they have (rich people living in the inner-most, poor people in the outer wall, sending innocent refugees to combat against the titans to take back wall maria as a shit excuse to preserve more food for the riches). Honestly, given the popularity of the series, the author could have give into the hype and keep on doing titans vs human killing over and over again to please the fan (since that's what most people want -.-) but he didn't do that and i respect that. In terms of evaluating the story, there will be lot of plot hole if this government thing issue didn't get addressed (why didn't they use balloon, why didn't they built an underground city, why did the miner disappeared when they tried to dug underground, etc.). If SNK was just a stupid plot about humans vs creatures non-stop crap, then i would have dropped everything altogether (Take a look at Terraformars please). IT's only been 10 chapters and everyone is screaming like it's been going on for years. :/ It's funny how people are bitching about nothing happened again yet in that one whole fking chapter dedicated to armor titan vs eren fight, people seem to responded positively.
They did built an underground city, it in the capital where wall rose civilian evacuated to when the wall was under attack. Hot air ballon and all advance technology were suppress by the cmp. The miner found that the wall were deep underground.
Aug 9, 2014 9:22 AM
May 2014
Estherella said:
annie_leonheart said:

Do they even have a bulletproof vest in those times......? No, where would they even get one in the first place since i would imagine those sort of equipment would have been rare and not produced in large quantity. Even if we pretend he did have a bullet vest, the head can still be shot........? So that's like a waste of effort anyway. The whole plan wasn't stupid, should anything gone wrong, Hanji and the other can still prevent him from getting shot. It was a gamble anyway, it's either they do this or nothing. Their sole intention was to make those townspeople associated with the Reeves company to witness the truth being exposed.
Oh really how do you stop a bullet?
Aug 9, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2010
Erwin, no.......
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 9, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
@Magenero yea, you're right he did say that, the translation I read didn't say that, but the crunchy roll translation did say that as well. Now what was the point again? Oh yes just because the lazy mp were lazy to not go and look for flegel in the dump? So what was the problem again?

I bet you forgot that the mps are lazy soldiers that only wants to play board games.
Aug 9, 2014 12:55 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
@Magenero yea, you're right he did say that, the translation I read didn't say that, but the crunchy roll translation did say that as well. Now what was the point again? Oh yes just because the lazy mp were lazy to not go and look for flegel in the dump? So what was the problem again?

I bet you forgot that the mps are lazy soldiers that only wants to play board games.

They are lazy, until their life is on the line.http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/24http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/25
Look at his face, its obvious he has been looking high and low for the kid, knowing full well if he failed he would die. And speaking of the kid, why did he run away, they didn't know he was working with his father right? They only became suspicious once his mother declared him missing.
Aug 9, 2014 12:56 PM
May 2014
IchigoHollowfi said:
Erwin, no.......

Erwin, yes!!!
Aug 9, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
Magenero said:
keragamming said:

They are lazy, until their life is on the line.http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/24http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/25
Look at his face, its obvious he has been looking high and low for the kid, knowing full well if he failed he would die. And speaking of the kid, why did he run away, they didn't know he was working with his father right? They only became suspicious once his mother declared him missing.

What was the point of this argument again? that he should have search there but he didn't because he thought no one live there but he should have check anyways?

Is that what we were arguing over that he should have search but he didn't although his life was in danger he should have search the entire city in less than a day to find him? Don't forget the soldier would have to search stohess trost and other places. One guy should have search the entire city, and he should find him in less than a day.

I'm just going by your logic. The guy didn't search there so it's the Author fault and not the soldier fault? ok.
keragammingAug 9, 2014 1:23 PM
Aug 9, 2014 1:54 PM

Sep 2013
NenuserZodiac said:
annie_leonheart said:

No but at least you risk only getting killed if you got shot in that particular area, higher survival chance.
Estherella said:

Do they even have a bulletproof vest in those times......? No, where would they even get one in the first place since i would imagine those sort of equipment would have been rare and not produced in large quantity..

I didn't mean the state of the art bulletproof vests that the SWAT teams use an iron plate/ steel cuirass will do... those aren't exactly "high tech" compared to the 3d gears. Also didn't captain ackerman survive Levi shot because he was wearing one? or was it simply because of the chair? i'm not really sure... but if that rifle couldn't penetrate a chair than a simple layer of protection will be enough.
Estherella said:

Even if we pretend he did have a bullet vest, the head can still be shot........? So that's like a waste of effort anyway

No effort is wasted if it means the difference between life and death.
Aug 9, 2014 1:58 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
Magenero said:

What was the point of this argument again? that he should have search there but he didn't because he thought no one live there but he should have check anyways?

Is that what we were arguing over that he should have search but he didn't although his life was in danger he should have search the entire city in less than a day to find him? Don't forget the soldier would have to search stohess trost and other places. One guy should have search the entire city, and he should find him in less than a day.

I'm just going by your logic. The guy didn't search there so it's the Author fault and not the soldier fault? ok.
He was surprised to find people living there right, because he thought those things were just ruins and nobody lived there. But shouldn't he at least have an understanding that the chaos on trost was such that people were still living in their ruined unstable houses? Thats my issue.
MageneroAug 9, 2014 3:20 PM
Aug 9, 2014 3:59 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Erwin doesn't die :( If he does, then maybe he'll go out with a bang... another Ackerman. Maybe they're bred warriors or something lol, all given the surname ackerman.
Aug 9, 2014 4:03 PM

Dec 2012
I think it was cool the story of the miner and his friend was brought up (since it was an anime-only entry). The curious thing about this story is that it happened in 784, which is a year prior to Ymir's supposed onset as mindless titan. The funny thing is that the journalist remembers the miner, but doesn't remember a story about a girl, who went missing.

As a whole, promising chapter! I am certain that Erwin won't die so easily and, really, that king likes to carry himself in nightgowns and slippers :D. The strange constellation of Ackermans also seems near some sort of explanation, and Hange is awesome as ever.

Seriously, though, we are in volume 15. Give more.
Aug 9, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
keragamming said:
Did anyone else get a full metal alchemist vibes when reading this chapter?

I've felt for a while that this whole arc is similar due to the government being corrupt and the position of the survey corps
Aug 9, 2014 5:33 PM

Jun 2008
Magenero said:
Estherella said:

Oh really how do you stop a bullet?

I never said they could stop the bullet. I said they could prevent the fking MP shooting at Flegel through other means. During that whole time, I would assume Hanji and the others would be keeping an eye on them and she would have been smart enough to analyse whether the situation was too dangerous so then she would have to step in. This is Hanji we are taking about, do you really think she would have allow this plan to proceed if there wasn't any forms of precautions taken? In this chapter, those MP were going to shoot at Flegel too but he distracted their attention and so that give Hanji and the others the opportunity to stop it. They could have easily done the same shit as well if they could step in like that. It's only one guy attempting to shoot Flegel while the other are just backup.
EstherellaAug 9, 2014 5:46 PM
Aug 9, 2014 5:53 PM

Jun 2008
annie_leonheart said:
NenuserZodiac said:

No but at least you risk only getting killed if you got shot in that particular area, higher survival chance.
Estherella said:

Do they even have a bulletproof vest in those times......? No, where would they even get one in the first place since i would imagine those sort of equipment would have been rare and not produced in large quantity..

I didn't mean the state of the art bulletproof vests that the SWAT teams use an iron plate/ steel cuirass will do... those aren't exactly "high tech" compared to the 3d gears. Also didn't captain ackerman survive Levi shot because he was wearing one? or was it simply because of the chair? i'm not really sure... but if that rifle couldn't penetrate a chair than a simple layer of protection will be enough.
Estherella said:

Even if we pretend he did have a bullet vest, the head can still be shot........? So that's like a waste of effort anyway

No effort is wasted if it means the difference between life and death.

That was only captain Ackerman who have it. Like I said before, it would have been extremely rare and not produce in high number. We have already seen before that only the Ackerman squad have such high technology that were hidden from the public, that means the rest of the world didn't know about it except for them so for Flegel who is only an ordinary son of a merchant would not have been able to get something like this or even know about their existence. Even Levi who was part of the survey corps was surprised by their equipment so Hanji would not have known about it either. Also, Hanji would have done something about it before the MP shoot at Flegel, it takes time to load the rifle so Hanji would still have plenty of opportunities to prevent that from firing.
Aug 9, 2014 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
Magenero said:
keragamming said:

He was surprised to find people living there right, because he thought those things were just ruins and nobody lived there. But shouldn't he at least have an understanding that the chaos on trost was such that people were still living in their ruined unstable houses? Thats my issue.

No, those stupid MP wouldn't know about it assuming that they are just like those lazy bastards that only patrol around the town half-assedly and getting drunk all the time. Remember that one episode, where Annie, Hitch and the others were shocked to find out that MP does nothing but gamble and just dump all the work on the lower ranked soldiers.
Aug 9, 2014 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
annie_leonheart said:

In the end they're taking risk, just like what Erwin did when he brought all the titans. No plan is 100% safe. So yes Flegel life was in danger, but it's a risk they had to take.
Aug 9, 2014 6:44 PM

Jul 2014
Not bad chapter, really well done writing.
Mikasa learns that Kenny's surname is Ackerman, she was shocked. I bet she knew something related to Ackerman family. In another note, Levi didn't shocked after learning Kenny's surname.
Scaredy Cat Flegel (son of old merchant dude) pretends to be cornered by the military police and bait them to tell the truth about his father's death, now Survey Corps is trusted by Reeves company.
I doubt Erwin will die. As I agree with people, he is far too important to die. Instead of him those Monarch people and the king deserves a painful death.

Aug 10, 2014 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
Estherella said:
Haytin said:

You're completely right. It baffles me to read all this complaining and bitching all over the net that the last 10 chapters have been a "boring filler". It feels slow only because it's a monthly manga. Seems some people really do lack basic comprehension what this series is about. I personally find this way more interesting then just titan slaughtering.

You'll see when all this comes alive in season 2. NOBODY will complain then....
pwnagekittenAug 10, 2014 5:32 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.