3It was OK
7.1%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
3.6%
Average 4.5
140 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2014 6:06 AM

Feb 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Only read it in Japanese, OMG the Price is scary, those scarlet etes, those bodies, skull chairs, that vase made out of a human head or something? Reminded me of Zeppile's artifact.
We see more prince(sse)s

That head looked too much like Kurapika's. Probably a Kurta too. Pyro?

Waiting for the English version.
Aug 6, 2014 6:39 AM

Dec 2008
So many new characters in this arc, I love it. I really wanna see them in action.

Also what the fuck at that titty monster.
Aug 6, 2014 7:17 AM

Feb 2014
There's a lot of text at the /end

Is that another break?
Aug 6, 2014 7:51 AM

Dec 2008
TonyTonyStark said:
There's a lot of text at the /end

Is that another break?

Jump is gonna take a break, so no new chapter next week.
Aug 6, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Wow. 6 requests and a whole patch of new characters aka the Princes. This is getting interesting.

Vanser said:
Also what the fuck at that titty monster.

Yeah I noticed too. I almost thought it was one of those beasts from Shinsekai Yori for a sec there.
Aug 6, 2014 8:32 AM
Jan 2013
Naruto fags hating this chapter.

http://www.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/349/3

Is that Pairo´s head?
Aug 6, 2014 8:41 AM

Feb 2014
this is getting more and more interesting, new characters appearing and more plot added for the trip to the new continent! amazing!

Aug 6, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, Pairo's head? Our little prince is a sick collector.

Togashi, you should stop reading too much Gantz. That Nen beast of the King just looks grotesque and if it fits his character then i do not want to mess with him.

Also: Did the art get worse? The shading seems less prominent, the usuless gradients for some panels are missing and it looks a lot less refined than usual.... just like the old "Scribble Togashi" -.-
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 6, 2014 8:53 AM
Jan 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

Togashi, you should stop reading too much Gantz. That Nen beast of the King just looks grotesque and if it fits his character then i do not want to mess with him.

Also: Did the art get worse? The shading seems less prominent, the usuless gradients for some panels are missing and it looks a lot less refined than usual.... just like the old "Scribble Togashi" -.-

Art is amazing
Aug 6, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
What a substantial comment.... can we discuss instead of fanboy now?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 6, 2014 10:03 AM
Aug 2014
So from what I understand about the guardian spirit beasts, each spirit beast vary in strength so any prince can win the succesion even the 14th prince: Wable even though he/she is still an infant and what will the 6 slots for bodyguard lead into?
Aug 6, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah that nen beast guardian thing looks like it has breasts all over it lol. That would also be really fucked if that was Pairo's head..
Aug 6, 2014 10:25 AM
Feb 2010
Benjamin and Tserriednich are actually blood brothers. (Mother Umma) Also Mother Droisille bore 4 children, she's probably extremely hot.

The bodyguard request means that any strong characters like Hisoka, Kuroro or the Genei Ryodan could join the voyage. Damn!
Aug 6, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

It definitely did seem like a downgrade in art, particularly the lack of shading though I do feel it picked up a bit in the second half. Though after seeing some images of what Chimera Ant looked like pre-volume release, I'm more than fine with this. Hopefully this isn't signalling an upcoming hiatus. I recall reading on here once that Togashi tends to go on hiatus during chapters divisible by tens, like 340. Really hope that's not the case.

Anyway, another great chapter. The Spirit Beast concept is interesting albeit reminiscent of Yu Yu Hakusho (not that that's necessarily a bad thing). Also, if that really is Pairo's head like I think it is, dear god. I can not wait for the eventual confrontation between Kurapika & the 4th prince of Kakin.
Aug 6, 2014 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
Saiyuu and his monkey nen abilities. XD

Don't tell me all this bodyguard job is Ging's schemes??? Or they will just simply take this opportunity.

35 days before the departure day and the princes gonna kill each other.
Aug 6, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2011
good chapter 4/5
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Aug 6, 2014 10:46 AM
Aug 2014
Viltsu300 said:

Is that Pairo´s head?

I think so too. hair style and head shape are exactly the same.. and if it's true, wait for killua's reaction.. So excited about this arc
Aug 6, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
Dem princes sure are quite different XD Even a baby? I'm cheering for him :P

And I wonder how that Drausel wife looks like? 4 children from her hehe :3

4th prince is messed up as F***, the body of the woman last chap was all cut up and tattooed O_O And if that really is Pairo's head then oh boy is Kurapika gonna brutally massacre him!!

Dat tittie monster ugh! <~< Interesting concept though. Seems like these prince's won't be fodder that's for sure. And now with body guards??? PLZ PT and Hisokia incoming >.<!!

35 days to go. Plz Togashi don't go on Hiatus!! I also noticed the art quality dipped down a little D:
Aug 6, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2009
Hmmm, I wonder if there is any possibility that the Prince with (maybe) Pairo's head was somehow behind the Troupe's attack on the Kurta? Though I don't think the Spider's do jobs for other people.

Instead of those assassin's getting in as the bodyguards I'd rather it be more "interesting" characters like Hisoka. I can't imagine the Troupe members being hired, because they would maybe be forced to fight one another? Or were the bodyguards just for the trip to the New Continent to protect the princes from outside forces (people like Kurapika)? I'm not sure.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 6, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2012
The art seems like it got nerfed in this chapter, everything looks way less detailed and feels more bland :/

Anyway interesting chapter as usual, this arc is definitely gonna be long but I still think it has potential to be the best in the series, really looking forward to what's to come.

Also doesn't he usually take hiatuses in 10s? so if we get 351 in 2-3 weeks we're good until 360?
Aug 6, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2012
That spirit beast did not only have boobies, but it also has a mouth for a vagina with some teeth. I wonder how this would translate in to anime form lol.

As for the Zodiac situation, Kurapika seems to have made the conclusion that the Monkey is the mole, which i still think is left for discussion.
Aug 6, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2009
noonealive said:
That spirit beast did not only have boobies, but it also has a mouth for a vagina with some teeth. I wonder how this would translate in to anime form lol.

A big black blur.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 6, 2014 12:03 PM

Sep 2013
The tatoo woman was plastered n the wall :O there goes the new troupe member theory :(

That monster looked like a spider version of the boob monster in Gantz but with erect nipples, f*ing disgusting :(

6 requests for joining or is that what their job description is gonna be?

Nidhoeggr said:

Yes the art is sloppy but we have a break now so Togashi has more time to get his sh!t together.
I'm surprised it took this long actually :O lol he'll probably redraw it for the volume release like always :)
ichii_1Aug 6, 2014 12:07 PM
Aug 6, 2014 12:08 PM

Sep 2013
35 days huh? i guess so much will be going on this "preparation arc" before we see them setting sail to the dark continent.

I like the idea of the princess having to wait for the ceremony before they start going at each other throats, a little interaction between them can make their "survivor game" a lot more interesting.
Aug 6, 2014 12:19 PM
Jun 2014
F*********KKKKK THAT was PAIRO`S HEEEAAAADDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Togashi you crazy GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling, that Kurapica is sooooo gonna DIE! Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW Spirit Beast looked f**ked up!!!!!!! Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweet dreams everyone :)
Aug 6, 2014 12:20 PM
Jan 2013
bnrviray323 said:
Viltsu300 said:

Is that Pairo´s head?

I think so too. hair style and head shape are exactly the same.. and if it's true, wait for killua's reaction.. So excited about this arc

Killua?
Aug 6, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
My god these chapters are starting to get boring... just more boring talking, togashi art is also starting to get shitty again. Thinking of dropping the manga score to a 9....

The big 3, snk and hxh are all starting to get boring.... its just all talking....
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Aug 6, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2014
I honestly think the art was great. Minor hiccups here and there but every manga has then.
This arc is turning out to be more and more exciting.
Aug 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2008
The art certainly got worse, but I don't really mind it right now. It's just talking most of the time. I hope it will get better again when the action starts.

I'm also really excited for the designs of the other spirit beasts. Looks like Togashi just doesn't give a fuck when he's drawing, so I bet the other ones are also pretty disgusting looking.
Aug 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2011
People complained about the ugly character designs during the CA arc. I wonder what they have to say for the considerably less savoury nen beasts*.

And I say this every chapter, but it cannot be said enough: Tserriednich is twisted as fuck... and it looks like his dad is too.

*Reminds me of Abegane's nen beasts, combined with chimera ants, combined with Gantz's aliens, combined with vagina dentata.
Aug 6, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2012
4/5, Good Chapter overall I realize not much is going on other than necessary exposition and new subplots being created. Kind of getting boring though, hopefully it gets going to the DC in 5 chapters. I'm not a fan of manga in general and it's too much reading.
Aug 6, 2014 3:20 PM

May 2013
Nice chapter, that 3rd page tho'
Aug 6, 2014 3:51 PM

Feb 2014
Viltsu300 said:
bnrviray323 said:

Killua?

I think it's typo. It's clear he means Kurapika, though.

So the woman in previous chapter have her body.....ugh...mutilated huh.
Aug 6, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit their is just too many characters in this arc
Aug 6, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
Dat titty monster. 10/10 would titty fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 4:18 PM
Jan 2012
This is getting quite complex, so meany new characters.
I really can't wait for the DC.
I'm guessing that there will be ~5 more chapters until they embark and after that probably a few chapters on the ship.

I'm confused about this

That new continent is clearly not the DC, am I forgetting something? Might just be because I'm sleepy, but I would appreciate it, if somebody would give an explanation.
Aug 6, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
MatijaxD said:
I'm guessing that there will be ~5 more chapters until they embark and after that probably a few chapters on the ship.

I'm confused about this

That new continent is clearly not the DC, am I forgetting something? Might just be because I'm sleepy, but I would appreciate it, if somebody would give an explanation.
There's a island that's close to the Dark Continent where they plan to land before making the final trip to the Dark Continent on the Black Whale. Not really much more to it other than.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 4:23 PM
Jan 2012
Minagatachi said:
MatijaxD said:

I'm confused about this

There's a island that's close to the Dark Continent where they plan to land before making the final trip to the Dark Continent on the Black Whale. Not really much more to it other than.

tnx
yeah I just remembered some island but I forgot the details
Aug 6, 2014 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
Boring chapter as usual.
Aug 6, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2009
DrizzyXP said:
Boring chapter as usual.

Why are you here??

The chimera ant arc had a fairly long start too and it was an *emergency* arc. This one is more laid back for now as they are just making preparations.

Dat boob monster, I wonder how it didn't get censored.
Aug 6, 2014 4:35 PM

Oct 2012
TheDodo said:
DrizzyXP said:
Boring chapter as usual.

Why are you here??

The chimera ant arc had a fairly long start too and it was an *emergency* arc. This one is more laid back for now as they are just making preparations.

What do you mean "Why are you here?" lol, I can't say my opinion now?

The chimera ant arc was nothing impressive, so it wouldn't surprise me if this arc ends up not being anything special too.
Aug 6, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2014
TheDodo said:
DrizzyXP said:
Boring chapter as usual.

Why are you here??

It's a Op fanboy what did you expect? 99% of the haters are op fanboys... next time look at their favorite list and if it's a op fanboy just ignore it, they are jealous that hxh is popular.

The chapter was boring but as least it's to progress the story op is just repetitiveness.
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Aug 6, 2014 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
NenuserZodiac said:
TheDodo said:

Why are you here??

It's a Op fanboy what did you expect? 99% of the haters are op fanboys... next time look at their favorite list and if it's a op fanboy just ignore it, they are jealous that hxh is popular.

The chapter was boring but as least it's to progress the story op is just repetitiveness.

If I like OP or not is irrelevant. HxH 2011 was on my top 5 until a few days ago and I gave the manga an 8. Stop trolling please.
Aug 6, 2014 4:57 PM
Aug 2014
Viltsu300 said:
bnrviray323 said:

Killua?

WTF hahaha obviously I meant Kurapika
Aug 6, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2012
great chapter as usual
Cty Best mid
Aug 6, 2014 5:00 PM

Jul 2012
I think the bodyguards are quite obviously for the princes that are children.
Aug 6, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
DrizzyXP said:
NenuserZodiac said:

If I like OP or not is irrelevant. HxH 2011 was on my top 5 until a few days ago and I gave the manga an 8. Stop trolling please.

I don't believe you. Anyone that has one piece in their favorite list is not to be trusted.
Aug 6, 2014 6:19 PM

May 2013
Haven't read the chapter (waiting for the Viz translation) but I skimmed through it to look at the art.

It's a definite step down in terms of detail and value (shading), but other than that it's pretty much the same quality we've been getting. It's nowhere near the levels of scribble shit that has plagued the manga thus far -- this chapter is clean and has distinctive and high quality design (panel layout, set and character designs). Togashi's drawing style -- simple art juxtaposed against instances of hyper realist gorn and grit -- still shines through.
Aug 6, 2014 7:37 PM

Mar 2014
Loved this chapter.
So will the DC be a huge battlefield where the princes are killing each other or do they want to explore the continent? Then there are also the calamities..
Aug 7, 2014 12:02 AM
Jul 2012
Hisoka_Judal said:
So will the DC be a huge battlefield where the princes are killing each other or do they want to explore the continent? Then there are also the calamities..

Nah, I think that the battle royale will be going down while they are on the boat for 2 months. Probably Togashi's way of keeping things interesting.

Prediction: Baby wins by default after the rest of princes end up killing each other.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Yoshihiro Togashi has started working on "Hunter x Hunter" again according to his latest tweet.

deg - May 1

13 by Nanami0007 »»
May 2, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.