Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2009 2:07 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I usually don't like to start but just saw it so want to talk about it and don't like waiting for subs. As long as I understand a little I am ok. Amazing, Aria is really a sword and a woman! A wind sword but I am sad about her past and how she was used by the soldiers (one takes her kills others and he is killed by another only to have him take the sword again). Liked also her transformation to sword. Was funny when Aria though Luke is Cecily's bf and how Cecily reacted to Luke. I also liked how Cecily and Aria gave those treats to the kids, shows how nice they are. The battle in the city, because the stupid magician made all prisoners into zombies, was shocking. All these poor people slaughtered. :(Good thing guards came and saved all. I am more concerned that Cecily was affected by the little blood on her face but I liked really liked Aria's words to her at that time. That was nice. Cecily also got a new sword but not sure if it is from Luke. The end looks bad, magician going to use that guy's soul? Oh no, this is very bad.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 18, 2009 7:30 AM

May 2009
gg subs are out.
I like this episode and the new character :)

Cecily has some serious problems as a knight if she can't slay a walking, murderous, demon-controlled corpse.
Oct 18, 2009 8:02 AM

Oct 2009
I personally liked the way Cecilys problem with killing was shown, after all killing someone for the first time (even if it's just a zombie who looks like a human) in melee combat would be hard for the most people.
I hope this will be adressed in a good way in the show, I'm sure Cecily will become a fine knight at some point.

Allthough i noticed before, that Lisa's VA was the same as Kana's in Kanamemo, but I only recognized her to have played Yui too today ^^''
GrottenolfOct 18, 2009 8:29 AM
Oct 18, 2009 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
not a very reliable knight....but im sure this pont is going to be solvd in some point, probably by luke
i still cant stop staring at that chest plate of cecile every time i see it....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 18, 2009 8:42 AM
Dec 2008
ugh, those monsters almost made me barf.

This would the best episode so far. I have no problems with the animation, loved how Cecily slashed that zombie and blood went all over her face.

Pitied Aria's life and Lisa's. why Liisa? because it must be tough living together with such a cheapskate (seize the moment girl, that'll probably won't happen again XD)

Zero_r2 said:
not a very reliable knight....but im sure this pont is going to be solvd in some point, probably by luke
i still cant stop staring at that chest plate of cecile every time i see it....

same here, even if she's beside a magical demon sword, the chest plate still stands out.
Oct 18, 2009 8:46 AM

Oct 2009
OftheFlesh said:
ugh, those monsters almost made me barf.

Me too, felt sick about the monsters. Especially that crap that was coming out of their mouths was just beurk!

Oct 18, 2009 9:07 AM

Aug 2009
I was bored..
Aria. Aria is nice.
Oct 18, 2009 9:16 AM

Jul 2009
i dont know why...but i like the storyline where the girl is quite strong(but also kind and has problems to overcome) and where the boy helps her and is super cool,i guess...lol
The monsters are....omg....
Oct 18, 2009 11:22 AM

May 2009
Good episode. I liked all the developments in the first half and Aria is a nice character.
The battle towards the end was exciting.
Oct 18, 2009 12:03 PM

Jan 2008
I like this kind of story. It seems so believable from a fantasy point of view. You gotta wonder where they come up with these stories, and if any of them played D&D when they were younger.

The way Aria talked to Lisa makes me wonder if she too is a weapon. I wonder if she knows it herself yet.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 18, 2009 12:13 PM

Oct 2007
Well I was expecting Aria to be a little more typical character but it turn out to be she is a rather interesting character which is a good thing.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 18, 2009 1:48 PM

Jul 2008
so demon sword can take a human form; bugs from last war that take over people and make them into moving corpses, and cecily can't take a life yet, and luke is calm throughout the whole thing
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 18, 2009 2:13 PM

Aug 2007
Typical, "He's still a human! I can't kill him," bullshit. Pfft.

And like gg said "Siegfried is VERY OBVIOUSLY not the man in the black."

3/5 Because Aria is nice to look at.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 18, 2009 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
I should've said this last episode, but anyways: It's the blue haired guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2009 3:22 PM

Sep 2009
That was somewhat disgusting xD
I didn't expect crazy alien bugs to eat people alive??

Oct 18, 2009 4:56 PM

Jun 2007
Is Lisa a sword too? Aria's comment to her about this being a great place for us and Lisa looking shocked made it seem like Aria knows Lisa's secret or something.
Oct 18, 2009 5:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
Is Lisa a sword too? Aria's comment to her about this being a great place for us and Lisa looking shocked made it seem like Aria knows Lisa's secret or something.

Lisa would be something like a hammer to forge katanas. That would explain how they can forge katanas in the middle of the battle.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 18, 2009 5:33 PM

Jul 2009
Pfff, now that's an ugly sword we got there <_< Seriously, if I got a sword like that in my RPG, I would toss that aside and rather uses that Zweihander of the other dude, that's what I call a real sword. And not to mention for a Demon Sword, its power just sucks, or maybe my standards were put too high after playing Muramasa Youtoden. Oh yeah, what's the pont of having a blacksmith dude when that was clearly shown in the OP that Cecily is gonna use Aria? What's the point of having "blacksmith" in the title then? LOL >_>

And what? IS it me or there's a lot of praises for Cecily for being a coward just because she's MOE while people just bash on Luke fon Fabre when he did kill a guy before cowering? And in these kinda shows, I can't help but root for the bad guys since the good guys make me barf with their goody-2-shoes' philosophies: "A sword is for protecting bla bla bla,...." Excuse me Miss, but I sincerely believe that other knight dude was more realistic than you: "A sword is created for killing!!!" YES !!! A sword's freaking purpose is for killing somebody. Otherwise, why should they be made? To ride on it? Hell no!!!

Only good point about this ep: The gore and horror were done right, and that's it. Hope for more Luke or the Zweihander dude in the next ep since they can at least kick arses... <_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 18, 2009 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
Needed more Luke. haha. And i am sure that Lisa turns into a hammer. It makes sense.
Oct 18, 2009 7:56 PM
Oct 2008
I still feel a little bit bored when I watch this. It's got some good points, but they still aren't quite enough to entirely overcome that boredom. Maybe the next episode will.
Oct 18, 2009 9:20 PM
Feb 2009
Luke is lookin for a swords tth can slay God o.O
Oct 18, 2009 9:25 PM

May 2008
man that was great now if only there was more of luke

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 18, 2009 9:42 PM

Sep 2008
Nice, Cecily isn't just fanservice lol. Was kinda wondering after the first two.

For the killing a person.. doesn't quite make sense, isn't that something you'd learn to do in basic training?

Aria's non genre-blindness amused me, her first time seeing Luke and Cecily interact and she asks 'are those two going out' XD

Lisa's likely a human-form of a hammer, given that we see her and Aria in the end with Aria's sword-form and a hammer in the background. Guess she doesn't know it yet?

Who was Luke talking to after the three girls had left? Why is he looking for a sword that can kill a god?

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Oct 18, 2009 10:19 PM

Feb 2009
its funny to heard people complain about someone having trouble killing someone..
seems like they know what it feels like to have someone die from there hands *roll eyes*

Bastion said:
For the killing a person.. doesn't quite make sense, isn't that something you'd learn to do in basic training?

you dont experience killing someone first hand, most basic training is ment to prepare you mentally to do it

Who was Luke talking to after the three girls had left?

wasnt he talking to lisa, but reliazed she wasnt there?
Oct 18, 2009 10:28 PM

Jul 2007
Morkand-san said:

Aria. Aria is nice.

Yes.
Oct 18, 2009 10:32 PM

May 2008
Not a very impressing episode, but I liked the way Aria transformed into a sword.
Oct 18, 2009 10:32 PM

May 2008
neverless said:
Morkand-san said:

Aria. Aria is nice.

Yes.
i also agree, Cecily is going to need more training to be able
to fight...
Oct 18, 2009 11:29 PM

Oct 2009
Setsia said:
Luke is lookin for a swords tth can slay God o.O

I think it might be because the one controling all this might be a evil God and nothing can stop him unless that sword is found. Just going by logic, question is who is the person of God level?

Oct 19, 2009 1:25 AM

Apr 2008
Really interesting demon sword o_o! KAZE~

Oct 19, 2009 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
man i fell in love with the ed xD back to topic , i cant believe how cecily will continue without killing anyone. or she will just kill demons until the end.

Oct 19, 2009 3:35 AM

Jul 2009
Kiseki said:
man i fell in love with the ed xD .
Lol me too, besides Sora no Otoshimono's recent ending this is one of my favorite XD

Aria is quite adorable, and Luke and Cecily is getting a long very well
Oct 19, 2009 5:13 AM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
DeathfireD said:

Lisa would be something like a hammer to forge katanas. That would explain how they can forge katanas in the middle of the battle.
At least, I could believe that LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 19, 2009 6:26 AM
Feb 2009
hope cecily overcome her problem soon (i mean REALLY SOON)
windridge said:
its funny to heard people complain about someone having trouble killing someone..
seems like they know what it feels like to have someone die from there hands *roll eyes*
yes, killing some1 is very hard but the point is how can cecily not realize that she cant avoid killing if she want to protect others? can u imagine all our polices and soldiers think like cecily?

frankly i cant kill any1, thats why i never dream of "protecting others" nor become a soldier or police.

well, i dont really mind if cecily keep thinking like that as long as she can find a way to protect others without killing (like kenshin XD), but b4 that, everything she said r just big talk...
flame_tiongOct 19, 2009 6:36 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 19, 2009 6:30 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Cecily also got a new sword but not sure if it is from Luke.

No, it isn't from Luke.
Oct 19, 2009 6:42 AM

Aug 2007
windridge said:

Oh please, it's an over used theme that very quickly gets annoying after say, the third time.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 19, 2009 6:58 AM

Jul 2009
BitchMaster said:
Pfff, now that's an ugly sword we got there <_< Seriously, if I got a sword like that in my RPG, I would toss that aside and rather uses that Zweihander of the other dude, that's what I call a real sword. And not to mention for a Demon Sword, its power just sucks, or maybe my standards were put too high after playing Muramasa Youtoden. Oh yeah, what's the pont of having a blacksmith dude when that was clearly shown in the OP that Cecily is gonna use Aria? What's the point of having "blacksmith" in the title then? LOL >_>

And what? IS it me or there's a lot of praises for Cecily for being a coward just because she's MOE while people just bash on Luke fon Fabre when he did kill a guy before cowering? And in these kinda shows, I can't help but root for the bad guys since the good guys make me barf with their goody-2-shoes' philosophies: "A sword is for protecting bla bla bla,...." Excuse me Miss, but I sincerely believe that other knight dude was more realistic than you: "A sword is created for killing!!!" YES !!! A sword's freaking purpose is for killing somebody. Otherwise, why should they be made? To ride on it? Hell no!!!

Only good point about this ep: The gore and horror were done right, and that's it. Hope for more Luke or the Zweihander dude in the next ep since they can at least kick arses... <_<
exactly my points.
even with somewhat better animation, the show started bad and is going worse, so I see no need to follow it: dropped~
Oct 19, 2009 7:15 AM
Feb 2009
BitchMaster said:
Oh yeah, what's the pont of having a blacksmith dude when that was clearly shown in the OP that Cecily is gonna use Aria? What's the point of having "blacksmith" in the title then? LOL >_>
cecily may not needing any other sword now but luke sure does, since his sword already broke twice until now... one of the main point in this anime probably is about luke's aim to make the sword that can slay the god or whatever it called.

p.s. this anime getting bad? i dont know about that yet, so i will reserve my opinion on that...
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 19, 2009 8:27 AM

Jul 2009
Lol i see your point there, if Cecily is annoying for me i will skip every frame when she appeared to be annoying including when she hesitated to kill that infected guy, but i half agree Cecily when she debated to the guy with Zweihander, because Aria was there..Cecily's eyes are looking to Aria trying to not offended her, and as the post above me answering, Luke is the blacksmith and his purpose is to slain some god with forging his own blade according to these 3 episode i have been watching, so yeah the title should be like that
Oct 19, 2009 8:36 AM

Feb 2008
Well, it's way better than the first episode, but i still don't like cecily, she's just a typical all talk and no action main character.

3/5
Oct 19, 2009 9:00 AM

Oct 2009
kawaii_neko96 said:
francismeunier said:
Cecily also got a new sword but not sure if it is from Luke.

No, it isn't from Luke.

The one she got that looks like a plain knight sword is not from Luke? Ok but it looked really nice.

Oct 19, 2009 9:45 AM

Oct 2009
Well, i can say this episode was slightly better than the previous ones... maybe because of Aria <3 Cecily alone is unwatchable xD
Oct 19, 2009 11:09 AM

Feb 2009
It was an ok episode, not the best, the dialogue in this episode was just too much, after the explanation of Aria's history the rest was just lets fill the episode with unneseccary talk. However near the end it opened up with her fear, it was conspicuos from the start of the series she has not killed anyone before, oh well maybe Luke will start fighting next episode.
Oct 19, 2009 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
Hope this picks up because I'm loving the art direction on the demons. The character design is pretty good but it seems like a fairly distasteful anime (Who the hell would wear nothing under a breastplate?).

The fight was good, would have been even better if Cecily actually sliced the bloke instead of wimping out. The requirements for being a knight in this city are ridiculous.
Oct 19, 2009 4:43 PM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 3 and it was ok, nothing special, the story didn't really progress that much but it did a bit. the fighting scene was short and it wasn't that great.

hoping it will get better.

3/5. average
Oct 19, 2009 5:31 PM

Feb 2009
What the hell are they feeding these prisoners that bile is falling out of their mouths? o-O

But other than that, this was a great episode. Love Aria, and Luke is still a delight to watch! ^^

Can't wait for the next episode.

Oct 19, 2009 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
DarcyD said:
What the hell are they feeding these prisoners that bile is falling out of their mouths? o-O

See that, kids? Gotta behave or else you gonna eat that in the prison EVERY. SINGLE.DAY. X3

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 19, 2009 7:35 PM

Jun 2008
Aria<3

I liked it. Even though Cecily had that typical 'can't kill a human' thing going on, I thought it was done well with the blood and such. It didn't seem lame, I dug it and even if I didn't like nothing else could possibly make up for it besides that super adorable ED! It's worth it in the end.
Oct 19, 2009 8:42 PM

May 2009
For some reason I see Aria being similar to Ami from Toradora. I don't know why.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2009 11:12 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Shancakeschan said:
Needed more Luke.

i think i'm only watching this to see tsundere Luke o__o
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 20, 2009 1:57 AM
Apr 2009
She should quit. Not even that elf girl had a problem with that guy dying.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by aoo-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.