Forum Settings
Forums

11-Year-Old Chinese Boy Donates Organs to Save Others

New
Jul 24, 2014 7:30 AM
Jul 2013
11-Year-Old Primary School Student from Shenzhen Donates Organs Before His Death to Save Others

chinaSMACK said:

The only 11-year-old primary school student Liang Yaoyi from Shenzhen suffered from a brain tumour and shortly before his death, he decided to donate his kidneys and liver. On June 6th, his wish was fulfilled and within eight hours, the organs that he had donated were able to save several lives. Photo is of his room in the intensive care unit, where little Yaoyi had already lost consciousness and no longer able to close his eyes by himself, so the nurses put a thick layer of medical cream onto his eyes.

The suffering caused by the tumour even caused him he to change his personal dreams and aspirations. If he could only survive, he would become a doctor, and cure everybody’s illnesses. Previously, he had just want to become a big boss that earned lots of money, so he could take care of his mother in the future. Regrettably, he would not be able to become a doctor, and thus he decided to donate his organs as well as his own body to a medical school, therefore fulfilling his dream of entering a medical university in this way. Photo is of after the operation was completed, when doctors pushed his body out of the operating room, and bowed to Yaoyi and his mother three times. At this moment, his mother covered her face, and cried bitterly.

Source: Here

Brave little child, he understood exactly what he was going through and saved more lives.

Rest In Peace Liang Yaoyi.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 24, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
eh maybe its just me but what is the big deal if the kid donates his organs people do that everyday
RRRRRRRRRR
Jul 24, 2014 4:39 PM
Aug 2012
cool, i guess
Jul 24, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
Its pretty cool but not that impressive to be the honest down to earth opinion. I mean he was going to die regardless so to give up organs I mean might as well wouldn't change anything anyway. When I read the title I thought some kid was voluntarily giving up his organs even though he was perfectly healthy and sacrificing himself for others.
Jul 24, 2014 4:58 PM

Mar 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
When I read the title I thought some kid was voluntarily giving up his organs even though he was perfectly healthy and sacrificing himself for others.

lol nobody even lets adults do that, let alone minors.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 24, 2014 5:32 PM

Dec 2012
My only response to this is why not?
Jul 24, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Its pretty cool but not that impressive to be the honest down to earth opinion. I mean he was going to die regardless so to give up organs I mean might as well wouldn't change anything anyway. When I read the title I thought some kid was voluntarily giving up his organs even though he was perfectly healthy and sacrificing himself for others.

Don't be a spoil sport.

The kid made a very mature decision for something of that circumstance, and the mother is very brave and stong for allowing her child's body to basically be 'desecrated' (A major factor in organ-donation).
Jul 24, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2008
Great kid. He's pretty mature for his age to think of all that.

RIP.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 24, 2014 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
DerpHole said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:
When I read the title I thought some kid was voluntarily giving up his organs even though he was perfectly healthy and sacrificing himself for others.

why?
RRRRRRRRRR
Jul 24, 2014 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
beavis2323 said:
DerpHole said:

why?

First of all, only a minority of people consent to organ donation when they are on the cusp of dying. This is a fact. There would be no need of the bureaucracy that revolves around organ transplants if this was not the case.

That being the case, there is NO ONE that will consent to organ donation when they are healthy. (Excluding Older Relative -> Younger Relative transplants)
Because healthy organ donation (with the exclusion of duplicate organs ex.Kidneys) in society is looked upon as suspicious and as a form of euthanasia, generally crippling a healthy person. It's almost as controversial as the stem cell debate in medical fields.

A doctor accepting to operate a healthy child giving organs to a undesignated person would bring a storm of controversy about the morals of it all (critisizing the parents, saying the child does not have full understanding of the consequences of their donation on themselves).
Unless the case where it's a personal recipient (a sibling), a doctor will refuse for these aforementioned issues.
Jul 25, 2014 7:35 AM

Jun 2008
I wish that it was mandatory when someone dies that all functional organs is donated.
Jul 25, 2014 7:41 AM

May 2014
Chibi-Alice said:
I wish that it was mandatory when someone dies that all functional organs is donated.

It would be efficient and probably for the best but its not something that I believe should be mandatory for several reasons.
I've been here way too long...
Jul 25, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Chibi-Alice said:

Screw that, nobody gets my stuff.

Doctors are always quicker to give up on you if you are a donor.
Jul 25, 2014 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
Good kid, may he rest in peace
Jul 25, 2014 2:35 PM
Mar 2011
hmm
were him or his family in to falun gong if so this story is not above bord is true but not at all abve board
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 25, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2013

GODSPEED, SELFLESS CHILD!
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jul 25, 2014 10:44 PM

Mar 2012
Chibi-Alice said:

I agree.
Let's go bowling.
Jul 26, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2009
Brave kid, he's done more for others than most of us probably ever will.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.