Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan' to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

New
Jul 14, 2014 2:14 AM

Feb 2012
Publisher Fujimi Shobo has announced on their site that light novel series Kusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan will receive a TV anime adaptation. More information on the anime adaptation will be given at later date.

Synopsis
"The story is set in a world where humanity, driven off the land by the threat of magical armored insects, now live in aerial floating cities. Thus wizards—aerial combat mages who fight the insects with magical powers—came into being.

Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of 'Misutogan.' He was once celebrated as the 'Black Master Swordsman,' the elite ace of the S128 special team; however, he is now despised as the 'traitor of the special team.' One day, he is assigned as the instructor of E601, a team that has suffered 10 consecutive defeats. E601 has three girls—Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel—with one or two peculiar quirks." (Source: ANN)

Source: Fujimi Shobo

News submitted by LastChapter & Stark700

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan on MAL
Sakana-sanOct 25, 2016 12:17 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 14, 2014 2:17 AM

Dec 2011
I look forward to it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 14, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
another one of those "human race isn't at the top of the food chain anymore" settings. and then...magical academy! woah! and 3 schoolgirls! woah!

3 girls with one or two peculiar quirks-desu-aru-uguu-wafu? *sigh*

No thanks
Jul 14, 2014 3:02 AM

Jan 2011
Sounds an awful lot like Black Bullet.
Jul 14, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
ReaperCreeper said:

Glad I'm not the only who realized a resemblance to Black Bullet.
This sure is an amazing signature!
Jul 14, 2014 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
Another one of these wizard academy harem/(probably)ecchi shows? ... Idk it's getting old, can't LN writers come up with anything else?

But on a positive note,I like the floating city setting and I like the fact that the synopsis doesn't include something like "MC is the only male in the world or MC is a huge perv" So I'll give it a chance,maybe it will be better than it looks.
Jul 14, 2014 3:22 AM

May 2014
An academy school, three girls with quirks a harem, a self-insert male lead with "superpowers" just to make him look cool. Oh, light novels... why does mostly this crap and Shana clones get adapted damn it!?
Jul 14, 2014 3:30 AM

Jun 2013
ReaperCreeper said:

Glad I'm not the only who realized a resemblance to Black Bullet.[/quote]
Your not until the magic thing its 100% Black Bullet.
Jul 14, 2014 3:44 AM

Apr 2013
it's kuusen (空戦) and not kusen (苦戦) BTW.

As for what this title is worth...
It received the gold prize in the 24th edition of the Fantasia Taisho.
source : http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ファンタジア大賞

Considering my tastes, that's not really a prize I can look forward to though. I'm not sure fantasia bunko ever published one single title interesting me (maybe full metal panic...?). Well, for those liking titles like date a live and high school dxd though, this title may be worth a shot.I heard the first volume had a lot of problem (editing wasn't done properly so grammar mistakes and so on remained) but it's not like it will have any incidence on its adaptation.
ZefyrisJul 14, 2014 3:48 AM
Jul 14, 2014 3:55 AM

Dec 2011
Zefyris said:

Considering my tastes, that's not really a prize I can look forward to though. I'm not sure fantasia bunko ever published one single title interesting me (maybe full metal panic...?).

You gave the anime of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi an 8
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 14, 2014 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
Well it's not new but still worth a shot. I see this more common with Antimagic Academy 35 Test Platoon which will get anime too.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 14, 2014 5:01 AM
Oct 2013
I don't will make comparations with others works or judge the the work before to know it... in the end,i'll wait for it...
Jul 14, 2014 5:20 AM
Feb 2012
The creativity! The originality! They are overflowiiiiing

Yeah no, fuck this crap.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 14, 2014 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
Just went and googled the title and only managed to find bunch of illustrations depicting several hot chicks in various sexually-suggestive positions with a lame-looking guy (whom i assume is the MC). That said, what's so wizard knight-whatever cool sounding premise of this series anyway?

Seriously, this medium almost looks like a complete joke at this point.
Jul 14, 2014 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
So the mc is a fusion of Rentarou and Kirito ?

And what the hell is with the harem setup ? I enjoyed reading the synopsis, until my eyes saw the "three girls with peculiar quirks" part -_-
Jul 14, 2014 5:31 AM
Dec 2011
TheNaturalPerm and Amiluhur are here. Where is that other annoying guy with that dragon avatar or whatever.
Jul 14, 2014 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
Literally most people are being negative over it. Why only single me and TNP out? Wanna pick a fight, dude?
Jul 14, 2014 5:46 AM

Dec 2010
"young man"
This was getting my hopes up just a little bit, until I googled the title. As expected, rather than a young man, he's just a little boy. I am thoroughly disappointed. Isn't there a LN like this that follows an actual man instead of a special snowflake boy?
Jul 14, 2014 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, first time I've heard of this title before.

Looks like the entry was just added on MAL a few hours ago:
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=76105
Jul 14, 2014 5:48 AM
Dec 2011
Amiluhur said:
Literally most people are being negative over it. Why only single me and TNP out? Wanna pick a fight, dude?

Your the asshurt trio and you guys can be found in every single LN thread. It's really really hard not to single you out.
Jul 14, 2014 5:52 AM

Sep 2012
Is it an oxymoron if I call this recycled garbage?
Jul 14, 2014 5:53 AM

May 2013
More LN shit.

Jul 14, 2014 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
Rachmaninow said:
The creativity! The originality! They are overflowiiiiing

Yeah no, fuck this crap.

Lately you always post my thoughts before me D:

Anyway: harem allusions, similar to Black Bullet and other QUALITY LN in terms of plot description, etc. - 2-3/10 in the making.

mrspiral said:
Amiluhur said:

Your the asshurt trio and you guys can be found in every single LN thread. It's really really hard not to single you out.

On the contrary, I find your comments are in dire need of some ointment to easy the pain. You also forgot at least 6 other people who are always here as well..that *might* just be because people are actually active in the news section, though. But nah, that is clearly impossible... but I like your crude consiparcy theories :D
NidhoeggrJul 14, 2014 6:09 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 14, 2014 6:16 AM

Jul 2013
again with that kind of plot.. I'll probably put it in my ptw list and let it rot in there
Jul 14, 2014 6:23 AM
Dec 2011
mrspiral said:
Amiluhur said:

On the contrary, I find your comments are in dire need of some ointment to easy the pain. You also forgot at least 6 other people who are always here as well..that *might* just be because people are actually active in the news section, though. But nah, that is clearly impossible... but I like your crude consiparcy theories :D[/quote]

What? There is no conspiracy or anything. I just pointed out that you guys are always here and you got all defensive over a fact.
Jul 14, 2014 6:48 AM

Jan 2014
there is nothing original about it. even the flying cities already done by blazblue.

but good execution can save even the most generic premise i think i try watching a few episode
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Jul 14, 2014 6:50 AM

Nov 2012
Calling it now, this will be AOTS!
Jul 14, 2014 6:50 AM

Sep 2008
ReaperCreeper said:

You meant Chrome Shelled Regios, right? http://myanimelist.net/manga/7533/Chrome_Shelled_Regios
Jul 14, 2014 6:55 AM

Jan 2014
Synopsis reminds me somewhat of Chrome Shelled Regios (large insects pushing humanity to the brink of extinction, big mobile cities, strong MC cast out from his environment due to performing socially unacceptable actions and joins a weaker squad). As long as it won't fall into the overused Harem tropes, then it might be worth watching. In the meantime I'll wait until further information is released
BlazePonyJul 14, 2014 8:55 AM
Jul 14, 2014 6:56 AM

Oct 2008
mrspiral said:
mrspiral said:

On the contrary, I find your comments are in dire need of some ointment to easy the pain. You also forgot at least 6 other people who are always here as well..that *might* just be because people are actually active in the news section, though. But nah, that is clearly impossible... but I like your crude consiparcy theories :D

What? There is no conspiracy or anything. I just pointed out that you guys are always here and you got all defensive over a fact.[/quote]
what you were doing was looking for a fight
Jul 14, 2014 7:05 AM
Jan 2013
Dey look like black bullet xD
Jul 14, 2014 7:20 AM

Apr 2012
Sounds too generic to me. Probably won't watch it.
Jul 14, 2014 7:34 AM

Feb 2009
The novel is pretty new, only released last year. It's not even on the database yet(entry is still on queue).
Looks like a promotion of the novels via the anime given the timing so definitely just 1-cour.
I'll give it a shot because why not.
Jul 14, 2014 7:35 AM

Jan 2011
Generic is generic. Synopses are one thing but how the anime will turn out is another story.
I'm sorta used to these kind is cliche harems with a MC who probably has some insane OP stuff though so I'll probably watch it to the end.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jul 14, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
I'm looking forward to it. Love fantasy/magic settings. Whether generic or not, if it's executed well and it's a pleasure to watch, I don't care about it..
"Be wary - triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall..."
Three circles make a triangle ▲, four a square ■ and five a star ★
Click the circles
...to the beat

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Hotchy.gif

[center]

Jul 14, 2014 8:16 AM

Sep 2013
Plot sounds like Chrome Shelled Regios :O will watch XD

Don't worry about the haters in here, they say the same thing with every anime but still watch every single one of them :( they're all just talk, pathetic.

ichii_1Jul 14, 2014 8:19 AM
Jul 14, 2014 8:43 AM
Mar 2009
Black Bullet...? With a Kirito-esque protagonist?

Wow, just Googled it, and he actually does look and wear attire similar to Kirito. Unbelievable.
Jul 14, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2008
I see that the LN adaptation refuses to die without a fight, but at least bring something better to the table, although I can't complain about the art this time, it is decent unlike the last one announced.

Jul 14, 2014 9:00 AM

Oct 2012
Insects & Wizard...
I don't know
But when it's airing, I'll watch it xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 14, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
Hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I enjoy reading these generic harem settings with a strong protagonist every once in awhile. It's a light, fun read.

Anyway, I can barely find any other information about this series other than that there are 3 novels out, I think.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jul 14, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
Armored insects? Chrome Shelled Regios? O__o

Black Master Swordsman. Alarm bells are ringing XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 14, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2012
Sensus_97 said:
Sounds too generic to me. Probably won't watch it.

You mean the superpower superlucky young man, right.
And after read the synopsis.. "Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy.." as always, I soooo dont feel like watching it when it comes to any anime or another anything else that set in magic or mage or magus or wizard academy.
Jul 14, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
DarkDooM2 said:
"young man"
This was getting my hopes up just a little bit, until I googled the title. As expected, rather than a young man, he's just a little boy. I am thoroughly disappointed. Isn't there a LN like this that follows an actual man instead of a special snowflake boy?

No, because the target audience will feel alienated if the protagonist isn't a generic self-insert.

Anyway, I'll watch the first episode and see how it plays out, though I'm not really expecting anything out of it.

Jul 14, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Zefyris said:

Considering my tastes, that's not really a prize I can look forward to though. I'm not sure fantasia bunko ever published one single title interesting me (maybe full metal panic...?).

You gave the anime of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi an 8

Ah, you're right, I completely missed that this one was from the same editor and got the big prize in 2009. I guess there is exception everywhere, there IS indeed a title I'm interested in in there. Although Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan looks less like Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi and more like the usual stuff that publisher does. A usual stuff that I have a hard time to appreciate.
Jul 14, 2014 10:47 AM
Aug 2011
"The story is set in a world where humanity, driven off the land by the threat of magical armored insects, now live in aerial floating cities. Thus wizards—aerial combat mages who fight the insects with magical powers—came into being.

Oh that actually sounds quite interesting!

Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of 'Misutogan.'
One day, he is assigned as the instructor of... three girls—Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel—with one or two peculiar quirks."

Okay nevermind I take it back. It was sounding interesting until...^
Jul 14, 2014 10:56 AM
Apr 2012
I swear the vast majority of people here don't know what positivity and optimism are. So many hating on a LN adaptation before it's started and hating on LN adaptations in general. Same old tired responses from people who do not know better.

I will be watching, premise sounds good and LN adaptations I will always put at the top of the queue, they rarely let me down.
Jul 14, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
mrspiral said:
Amiluhur said:

I wanna be the Asshurt Trio's black ranger!
Jul 14, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
Sounds a bit chuuni

Jul 14, 2014 11:38 AM
May 2010
I sense another black bullet...
Jul 14, 2014 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
Japanese LN's are so different from one another.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.