Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 11, 2014 4:16 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Touko
you are
so so so so so so so so so dumb.
Why would you release the ban on dating, and then thumbs up the boy who is obviously into you? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

This whole seeing the future is a bit weird and I dislike it...
Wasn't really enjoying this episode compared to others.

But hey, they had pretty scenery and that is all that matters
Jul 11, 2014 4:22 AM

Jun 2011
I'm still not sure what to make of this show. It's been pretty underwhelming and bland so far. The interactions among the characters feel awkward and contrived to say the least. And now it seems there's something supernatural at work. Not sure where the show is heading towards with this. Judging from the synopsis, I was under the impression that it'd be an ordinary slice-of-life story about a girl striving to achieve her dream of become a glass artisan, but apparently that's not the case. Let's see how the upcoming episodes fare.
Jul 11, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2013
This anime is really getting to my nerves. We barely have time to understand the setting without a cross-cut happening every 3 seconds and now there's a love hexagon starting. We barely know ANYTHING about the characters to care about how they feel towards each other. Heck, I can't even remember their names yet, aside form that weird David guy
Jul 11, 2014 6:23 AM
Nov 2013
MisakaTheRailgun said:
This anime is really getting to my nerves. We barely have time to understand the setting without a cross-cut happening every 3 seconds and now there's a love hexagon starting. We barely know ANYTHING about the characters to care about how they feel towards each other. Heck, I can't even remember their names yet, aside form that weird David guy

And his name is not even David. Same with me. I think the setting is good though, and as I already said in some places, I would prefer an easy going and normal SoL, with nice and simple character development, good and relaxing atmosphere; without that bullshit about future and childish love that they're trying to create. Such a shame ):
Jul 11, 2014 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, that was a really interesting episode ^___^
A love triangle already... hmm could get twisted...
Jul 11, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
Everyone's critising the show, whereas I actually really enjoyed it. Maybe because I was already expecting the love hexagon?

I also like the characters, they seem to act more like humans beings than many other anime characters this season. Except the glasses girl, I don't know what to think of her yet. The art here is so lovely and peaceful<3
Nagi no Asukara was great, let's hope I'll like this one as well.
Jul 11, 2014 8:50 AM
Jan 2013
this was a little bit better than the first episode but it is still ok but i think the development of the story and plot will get better so i will continue to watch.

Right now i do not like Touko's character or David and sadly i remember watching the PVs getting all hyped up with my favorite female character being Sacchi and least liked was Yanagi but currently after watching these two episodes i love Yanagi and Sacchi is pretty annoying with her overprotecting Touko. Sacchi probably cares deeply for Touko because Sacchi was and still is a quiet girl so no one must have spoken to her before and Touko must have been the first one to befriend her so Sacchi values Touko.

But i honestly love Hiro he's so adorable and cute! I am hoping as the story develops i'll begin to like Sacchi more and hoping for Sacchi x Hiro because i think they would be the cutest couple in the anime also with yanagi x imi would love to see more of these two couples and less of Touko x david
JessicaaaJul 11, 2014 8:53 AM
Jul 11, 2014 9:15 AM

Mar 2014
The anime is getting mindfuck me, lolz.
Instead of Slice-of-Life it will be turn in Romance-Drama-SomeOne.will.die show/group.split.up?

Touka is a girl which i want kick her ass for being dumb.
Jul 11, 2014 9:33 AM

May 2013
THATS IT. YUKINARI WAS THANKYOU-ZONED BY TOUKO.

Oh well, the future seeing was interesting. Wants more.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 11, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2013
well this future thing was a bit rushed, i mean, in the first episode (i think) we knew nothing about this
well, i kinda like the character, but i also think that some of them look a lot like each other, they weren't so original in the visuals imo
still average
Jul 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Sep 2013
Well I came to this show expecting a love polygon and supernatural theme(cuz of the preview) so no surprise for me there.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Jun 2011
fanshii said:
Everyone's critising the show, whereas I actually really enjoyed it. Maybe because I was already expecting the love hexagon?

My problem with the show is not the love hexagon per se but the way it's been introduced right off the bat. It's been just two episodes and the show has barely invested in the characters but it's expecting the viewers to care about their love issues? Also, as I said before, the interactions among the characters feel awkward and contrived.
Jul 11, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
The seeing into the future thing is pretty interesting, but i still don't understand whats going on completely in this anime, most of it seems unexplained and rushed
Jul 11, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
I think Slice-of-life or Romantic Comedy would have fit to this anime better.
The animation of this anime is more than great. Fantastic!

The plot is a bit different... I didn't expect magical abilities.

I don't know if I'll like this anime. I think: "No."
Jul 11, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2009
_Rika said:
fanshii said:

My problem with the show is not the love hexagon per se but the way it's been introduced right off the bat. It's been just two episodes and the show has barely invested in the characters but it's expecting the viewers to care about their love issues? Also, as I said before, the interactions among the characters feel awkward and contrived.

I personally thought the interactions were fine, not counting the Okikura guy.
But I guess you're right, they did rush with it a bit - and not only that, but also mixed in the unnecsessary 'seeing the future' abilities.
Although it is quite refreshing to not have to wait for an episode 10 to see the first confession.
Jul 11, 2014 12:00 PM

Mar 2011
Lol, so they have abilities that let them see into the future. Nice episode but I'm having mixed feelings about some characters.
I wonder why Yanagi and Yuki are living together, hmm.
Jul 11, 2014 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
I wasn't expecting a touch of supernatural elements so that really caught me off guard albeit I'm not bothered by it. Oh boy, this one doesn't take its time and jumps right into the love pentapolyoxagon and misunderstandings.
Jul 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2013
I had something else in my mind when I wanted to start Glasslip. Pretty meeeeeeh... so far.
Jul 11, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
Disappointing so far, I had no idea what was going on. Plus, the whole future thing was kind of weird. :')

Other than that, it's visually appealing.
Jul 11, 2014 4:34 PM

Oct 2012
Love polygon strikes back. And I am desperately in need of graph :)

That clairvoyance seem pretty minor just now. But I bet they would be slowly changing the future. I bet question of main heroine would be who he is with in the future.

There is some very weird society they are living in though. Those group and rules about dating... seems fishy.
Jul 11, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
Damn bike-kun, had to ruin the mood, again!
Well, to be honest, his declaration was a bit poor...

''Interdiction to fall in love in our group.''
Well miss, I think you're a bit too late. There's already a love polygon in your group guuuurl

I already see it coming! Final Destination : Glass edition! A girl can see the death of his friends and try to prevent it!

Honestly, I don't really understand the future thing. I can hear the sound and you the image, it's fucking weird. I wonder where it will lead, I hope they don't fuck it up with that element. If they can pull something unexpected like Nagi No Asukara did...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 11, 2014 5:39 PM

Nov 2013
some drama flags being raised and already a second episode impression. wow color me impressed
Jul 11, 2014 6:18 PM

Oct 2011
I'm rooting for the headband girl (can't think of her name right now) to get with Yuki. She saw him first, and it's adorable how she takes care of him, but is pretty tough too.
Also, "David" isn't annoying at all to me. He's straight forward yet mysterious, nothing wrong with that. Honestly, I like all of the characters so far, but I do NOT want Yuki x Touko.

Jul 11, 2014 6:20 PM

May 2014
MaiTai said:
but I do NOT want Yuki x Touko.
So you approve of Yuki x Yana wincest?
Jul 11, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
T3hSource said:
MaiTai said:
but I do NOT want Yuki x Touko.

Are they siblings?

Jul 11, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2011
I CAN SEE THE ENDING

"David" is still my favorite character, tho dat confession backfire yo
Jul 11, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
I can't even say anything about the characters except who they have a crush on yet, why would I care about the forced dramas that happens to them?
Jul 11, 2014 9:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
SalemWitch said:
Joanna25 said:
Ohhh i seee thx :D ....but even though their step-siblings are they allowed to date? i mean their parents might not approve of that .. ahh what i am thinking first of all they must have mutual feelings lol
No problem. Glasslip seems to suffer from the disappearing parent syndrome so I guess we can safely say the parents are out of the picture, hehe. Though even if Yuki and Yanagi got together I don't see the problem since they're not related by blood. People could gossip but again, this doesn't seem like a show that would focus on that.

/Only Yuki's dad is shown as the only parent in the show lol. He confesses to Touko which she gets caught off guard.

For some reason Shiori from Tamako Market reminds me a bit off Sacchi.

Jul 11, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2010
Well I am okay with the anime overall so far, but oddly enough not really liking the characters much.

If I had to "ship" a couple it would be Hiro x Yanagi hoping both of them bolt on the others together.
Jul 11, 2014 10:49 PM
Feb 2014
This is getting weird...

Still dislike that Kakeru guy... Actually, I'm finding everyone a little annoying, except the headband guy for some reason. The glasses girl was also pretty annoying. Everyone's actions and speech feel a little off somehow...

I'm kinda dreading the Yuki-Yanagi-Touko love triangle... i dont really mind love triangles, but this one seems to be pretty dreadful... i dont know what to make of it... but I'll be waitig for a couple mor episodes before deciding wheter it's gonna be good or bad...

I wonder if the seeing the future thing will be the main aspect of this series. It kinda feels like these 2 episodes were a build up for what's to come? Well, the last scene was kinda interesting, when Touka called and said exactly what Kakeru predicted...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 11, 2014 11:20 PM

Feb 2014
That episode was...interesting. I'm finding it a bit hard to keep track of the characters, and now love triangles are starting to develop!? Also, that whole everyone-gets-a-chicken thing kinda disappeared, even though the chickens were sort of a focus last episode. Also I thought that Sachi went with Touko on Touko's date for moral support, so I never would have guessed that Sachi would be so protective! Also I thought that the whole "seeing into the future" thing was kinda dumb. On the bright side though, the music and animation are both pretty good!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2014 1:58 AM

Feb 2010
It's a love polygon with a great art.
So-so.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 12, 2014 2:00 AM

Mar 2008
I was about to drop this anime but the supernatural twist now caught my interest.
Will keep watching because of that.
I have to say I don't care for any of the characters (and their love) though
Jul 12, 2014 2:08 AM

May 2014
kami_desu said:
T3hSource said:

Are they siblings?
From the wiki:
Yukinari Imi
Yanagi's step brother, Yukinari is high school track team member currently in rehabilitation.

So yes, wincest, rejoice people!
Jul 12, 2014 2:15 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, unlike NagiAsu this one is only one cour, so they felt they needed to hurry with the drama. Not working. And I even missclicked that I loved the episode :/
The show might turn out to be the letdown of the season for me. Too much rubbish.
Will keep it at 8/10 but if the next episode is on the same level with the nonsense story its 2 points down.
Jul 12, 2014 5:18 AM

Mar 2012
Spirai said:
Still, why does Touko get to decide whether or not the group dates? Who elected Touko as leader? If they're actually a 'group', shouldn't they all sit down and discuss things like these together before letting one person declare liberation in the name of love?

Secondly, Okikura's characterization seems to be taking a page from Tsumugu's (from Nagi no Asukara) book but narrating it wrong. Tsumugu usually wasn't over the top confusing and all over the place like our 'mysterious' David is. [/i]

I think the reason why no one objected to Touko's idea is that everyone has his own underlying plan if ever the "no dating" barrier were lifted. Yuki and Hiro, these two are way too obvious. It even crossed my mind that Yuki assumed that Touko likes him. (Well, if I'm a guy who likes a girl, then that very girl started talking to me about being true to feelings and such, heck, too bad for me but I'll really assume something.) Then there's also the idea that Yuki confessed so that David will be unable to 'overtake' him.

As for Sachi, I think she's actually the only one in the group that knows about the unsaid feelings (excluding Yanagi), so she banned dating (but then the others didn't know there was such a rule). She's scared that love will tear the group apart. I'm curious if she already knows that Hiro likes her, though. On a side note, her overprotective attitude for Touko really weirds me out.

Concerning Okikura, I have this inexplicable feeling that he already met the group in the past. Or something. Idk. He already knew about the group always hanging out in their usual cafe (unless he stalked them upon his arrival), and his way of treating Touko seems like he met her last 516467 years ago. (or maybe he's already confusing his visions with real life /shot)

I saw this when looking at the characters' profiles and i was like
well sassy zigzag snap it's already wayyyyy too confirmed bruh
Jul 12, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2009
Wow. This is so bad. That drama in their love hexagon going nowhere and that pisses me off couse only one pairing will have a good ending I think. And that Sachi... I feel so lesbian vib from her to Touko. Yukinari x Yanagi my ship, but saddly it never gonna be canon :')

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Jul 12, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2009
I loved this episode. I really like the fact that this is about a real (f.r.i.e.n.d.s.-like) group. I like Toukou, however I don't like Yukinari and Touko together. lolz. Yukinara is my favourite character so far. I hope he ends up with Yanagi.

I like the future-thingy. I was worried that it might've been something REALLY stupid, but I can live with "seeing the future through glass". It's like looking into a glassbowl, lol. I don't like Okikura's character so far. He's freakin' annoying with his "I don't show any emotions" way of talking. Please grow some emotions man! u__u
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 12, 2014 8:59 AM

Dec 2013
Woah that escalated quickly....

Basically everything is once again due to a big jumble of misunderstandings.

Touko has some special power that lets her see flashes of images and jumbled voices. Apparently for some reason Okikura has in-depth knowledge about this "future vision" thingy. Why the heck would he know this stuff unless he experienced it previously? It doesn't make sense at all that he could just spew out all this knowledge after meeting Touko just that once. It seems like Sachi being the "BFF" here knows all about Touko's "Problem", which is probably why she wanted to protect Touho from el David.

Touko explicitly opens up the "no dating" rule, which for some reason or other none of the guys had even known about previously (wait, what!? shouldn't that be the ONLY rule that the guys SHOULD KNOW???), specifically because she knows Yanagi's feelings for Yuki, but didn't have a clue about Yuki's feelings for herself. Her assumption that Yuki actually likes Yanagi made her egg on Yuki, thinking that he would confess to Yana...... and surprised herself spectacularly when Yuki confesses to HER instead.

Yanagi was only voicing her thoughts to Touko, but you get the feeling that Yanagi had already known that Yuki likes Touko, which is probably why she could act so normal when collecting Yuki's left-for-dead (by Touko) carcass on the side of the road. Why she would let Touko know of her feelings for Yuki reminds me somewhat of what happened with Chisaki telling Manaka in NagiAsa. It feels kinda like a selfish defense mechanism, like "Now you know, he's off limits to you, don't even consider him". To me, that's somewhat of a tragedy, because Touko pretty much struck Yuki off her own list the moment that Yanagi confessed to her about it. Once Yuki gets ahold of this information, he'll probably blame Yanagi for ruining his chances with Touko, so don't expect a good ending there just yet people.
I wouldn't mind it so much if some decent, nice dude swept Touko off her feet, but the way el David is acting just makes me refuse to root for that ship.

I really feel for Yuki right now. Seriously, he was pretty much duped into confessing to Touko here, at no fault of his own. He's pretty much set his own downfall in motion. Now we get to either watch the next 10 episodes of him being awkward with Touko, watching her fall in love with el David and giving up..... OR we can have him just leave the cast for some place far far away to get away from all the drama with his feelings hurt and (probably) Yanagi following him wherever he went. Either way, this group is pretty much done for, but you can't really say it's el David's fault (it would have come unraveled sooner or later, he just sped up the process).

The feels in the coming episodes should be amazing. Next!
L-RyoshiJul 12, 2014 9:02 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 12, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, confession on the second episode. This is definitely gonna be interesting to see how the story plays out from here on out.

The seeing into the future thing is still kinda a blur for me right now, but I think it'll be an interesting feature to see in a slice of life.
Jul 12, 2014 10:48 AM

Feb 2014
Well this is really going by fast...the relationships all feel a bit forced out. Sort of makes sense that they have to rush due to there only being 13 episodes.

Also Touko and Yukinari really remind me of chisaki and tsumugu.

The seeing the future is a nice touch to a seemingly ordinary slice of life.
Jul 12, 2014 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
"We're open to dating!"

"I want to see the future."

This is all going to go SO well.
Jul 12, 2014 12:53 PM
Jun 2014
As soon as I saw the preview I had hopes for something almost "supernatural" like Menma in Ano Hana. Heck, all I thought was how the characters look like they're from Ano Hana. Anyway, the OST has blown me away so far. They creators had a good choice in it. But Yuki pisses me off. That guy is the one character I wouldn't mind seeing fall of a cliff. I just hope he can maybe have some growth and stop being so... Yuki...

And the we can date now thing was so bad. They should've waited and let the romantic emotions evolve more so that way it could've had more build up. And everyone was like "You just stated that a rule we've held onto for years is suddenly gone. Cool beans" in their minds, IMO, which was stupid.
Jul 12, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 2014
It is amazing how much the two "main" characters ruin this show.

Touko is the worst possible type of girl in the world. Mean girls are at least aware of other people and how they may be feeling. Touko doesn't even have it in her to think about any of her friends, but what makes her the worst of all is the she thinks she does. Self absorbed and dense. - "Oh! I know how I can help! I'll dictate the dating ban is lifted so Yuki and Yana can get together! I am just the best to help so much!" F-in C!

"David" is exactly the same way, completely self centered and cares for no one but himself and what he wants. Using the information he gains to knock down and push out anyone in the way of him getting what he wants. This is going to be one of those "help the cold guy learn to love" situations where everyone around the happy couple are forced to sacrifice so much and the couple won't even be aware of it.

Maybe everything will work out, maybe Tuoko and "David" will get hit by that train and die. Hiro and Sachi will get together as will Yana and Yuki and the good people will have happy lives. But, no, if anything it will be the complete opposite.
Jul 12, 2014 4:42 PM

Nov 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
u get the feeling that Yanagi had already known that Yuki likes Touko, which is probably why she could act so normal when collecting Yuki's left-for-dead (by Touko) carcass on the side of the road. Why she would let Touko know of her feelings for Yuki reminds me somewhat of what happened with Chisaki telling Manaka in NagiAsa. It feels kinda like a selfish defense mechanism, like "Now you know, he's off limits to you, don't even consider him". To me, that's somewhat of a tragedy, because Touko pretty much struck Yuki off her own list the moment that Yanagi confessed to her about it. Once Yuki gets ahold of this information, he'll probably blame Yanagi for ruining his chances with Touko, so don't expect a good ending there just yet people.
I wouldn't mind it so much if some decent, nice dude swept Touko off her feet, but the way el David is acting just makes me refuse to root for that ship.

I really feel for Yuki right now. Seriously, he was pretty much duped into confessing to Touko here, at no fault of his own. He's pretty much set his own downfall in motion. Now we get to either watch the next 10 episodes of him being awkward with Touko, watching her fall in love with el David and giving up..... OR we can have him just leave the cast for some place far far away to get away from all the drama with his feelings hurt and (probably) Yanagi following him wherever he went. Either way, this group is pretty much done for, but you can't really say it's el David's fault (it would have come unraveled sooner or later, he just sped up the process).

The feels in the coming episodes should be amazing. Next!

Wow that's a good point, I never really considered that Yuki might find out that Yanagi revealed her feelings to Touko, thus making Touko see Yuki as "off-limits". That would actually be some great drama to watch, revealing Yanagi's feelings in an anti-climatic, heartbroken way while also showing Yuki pissed off who will eventually try confessing again (though probably at that point, Touko will be closer to David, leading Yuki to lash out at David). I really hope we'll see an episode like that soon.
Jul 12, 2014 11:41 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah. I still don't like David. He's annoying. >.<;

Seeing the future came out of nowhere. I wonder how strongly that will tie into things.

Romance drama in the first episode. That sucks for Takeyama.

Another okay episode. I'm not sure if this is my sort of thing, but it's probably too early to judge anyway.
Jul 13, 2014 1:56 AM

Mar 2009
Too many mysteries for so little episodes! Wae only 13? ;A;
People asking for answers when Glasslip is only at it's 2nd episode are asking too much, no?
Anyway, waiting for another week will kill me. Slowly. Very.
ミ☆ 消える。

Jul 13, 2014 3:03 AM

Apr 2012
I'm only watching this crap for the shenanigans. Even so, it's painful to watch forced drama like this.
Jul 13, 2014 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
I wished that they would not have brought any supernatural crap but in the end it had to happen. ruining this anime. i thought at first it would be a normal sol anime where it is about crafting glass and stuff.

anyways, i go for Yukki x Yanagi. they only seem to be a good pair. didnt like the MC one bit..
Jul 13, 2014 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
If i am not mistaken they played Chopin in this episode among with some other piano music which was nice.
I have to say this episode was a major improvement from last week it was more structured and things where not as random as last week.
Character relationships where also more clear compared to last week and this episode answered a lot of questions from last week.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.