Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2009 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome, I've been dying to see this ever since I saw the first season. For a while there I was beginning to think that nothing was going to happen in this episode, but those last 5 or so minutes were awesome.

I can't believe that guy dies so fast ( and by a raindrop no less), and i can't believe Hei killed April, she was kinda cool. Was that really Mao though? Would they really kill him without any sort of introduction?
Oct 9, 2009 8:13 AM

Nov 2007
Absolutely awesome. The new characters are already very likeable. I see a lot of potential in Shion and Suou. I wonder why Hei's so much quicker to kill people off now. Hopefully, we'll get flashbacks.

I'm rather shocked at how fast they killed off April. I rather liked her!

The BGM was great! I wasn't really expecting much since Yoko Kanno isn't the composer this time, but it was still excellent.

Also, NEEDS. MOAR. YIN.

That aside, 10/10

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 9, 2009 8:28 AM

Nov 2008

He looks exactly like Satou from Welcome to the NHK XD

Oct 9, 2009 8:38 AM

Nov 2007
@^

haha exactly.

Awesome Start!
Oct 9, 2009 8:45 AM

Apr 2009
That scene where April killed the Mao lookalike (at least I hope it was a lookalike) was cruel, Bones. So cruel.

It was a great episode though. I was worried that season 2 might turn out terrible but it looks like I didn't have to worry afterall.

Looking forward to moar chinese electric batman, and hopefully Yin too.

francismeunier said:
I don't understand: How can Hei kill April when his head was in water?

He probably electrocuted her. See images under the spoiler.

Oct 9, 2009 8:50 AM

Apr 2007
Hei is such a bum from the previews. XD

Anyway, pretty good first episode. Wonder what happened between the time of season 1's ending and season 2.

And this season is really only 12 episodes? Thought it'll be around 25 like last season.
Oct 9, 2009 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
Lololol Hei the villain xD And what's up with his hairdo?
The fight between April and Goran was amazing. I loved the animation and music, and that Suou girl really seems likeable :) I was complaining that we were going to get a new main character, but not anymore. HEIHEIHEI. When April was talking to that guy on the phone...'It's an adult. Asian. With a mask' - I jumped, that's how much I wanted to see him again. Ehehe. I'm hopeless.
I want more Nika, he was so adorable. FRECKLESSS~

And um...the moment that Magician guy walked into the bar, I thought Viral o.o Lol, no apparent reason. Maybe the hair and eyes, a little. DON'T SHOOT.

Oh yeah, April's dead.
O wate, wut? O___O
(anybody misses November like I do? D:)

quicksilverzx said:
No OP?! NOW I'VE LOST IT!

XDDD I KNOW I CAN KILL.
But seriosuly, I was disappointed too D: OP and ED are one of the things I'm looking forward the most in a new series.

Andand is it weird that I dig scruffy Hei so much?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 9, 2009 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
KingDeadKira said:

LOL!!!!
THIS!!!!!
Oct 9, 2009 9:05 AM

Oct 2009
hanabira said:
That scene where April killed the Mao lookalike (at least I hope it was a lookalike) was cruel, Bones. So cruel.

It was a great episode though. I was worried that season 2 might turn out terrible but it looks like I didn't have to worry afterall.

Looking forward to moar chinese electric batman, and hopefully Yin too.

francismeunier said:
I don't understand: How can Hei kill April when his head was in water?

He probably electrocuted her. See images under the spoiler.

Ok thanks but point was: electrocuting while water around should make you also electrocuted so why it did not happen? That I do not understand. I remember first season Hei power comes from his body to pass electricity.

KingDeadKira said:

Oh great thanks for pic posts. My point here is Hei+alcohol=possible depression but they might only explain it in DVD extra episodes like it says in news? So all have to wait and that = to many angry I assume?
My bet to all is Hei cannot save his sister because she is dead or someone important to Hei died like maybe Amber? Not sure.
francismeunierOct 9, 2009 9:08 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 9, 2009 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
My bet to all is Hei cannot save his sister because she is dead or someone important to Hei died like maybe Amber? Not sure.
We already know from the last season that Amber's dead and Hei can't save his sister.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 9, 2009 9:16 AM

Oct 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
francismeunier said:
We already know from the last season that Amber's dead and Hei can't save his sister.

But I though he might still be looking for her or does not know where she is. I meant Amber being dead made him depressed.

Oct 9, 2009 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
if that cat was Mao, which i doubt it was, then he probably transferred his soul into that stupid looking squirrel thing..

Secondly, cant Hei control more than electricity now. I mean he can control matter or something, after the end of last season. So i don't think him being trapped by water hurt him at all

Also, as others have said, this series needs more Misaki. I didn't like her at first last season, but without her the viewer can't see different points of view. Though I guess there may be other characters and factions this season.
Oct 9, 2009 9:24 AM

Oct 2009
orangerevenge said:
if that cat was Mao, which i doubt it was, then he probably transferred his soul into that stupid looking squirrel thing..

Secondly, cant Hei control more than electricity now. I mean he can control matter or something, after the end of last season. So i don't think him being trapped by water hurt him at all

Also, as others have said, this series needs more Misaki. I didn't like her at first last season, but without her the viewer can't see different points of view. Though I guess there may be other characters and factions this season.

Ah yes the matter of Hei other powers. That might be the explanation. Ok, I am clear now on all this. Too bad April is dead. I liked her last season and her power.

Oct 9, 2009 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
At the of the end of last season he seemed totally in control and not depressed after learning his sister was "dead" so it seems silly that he would suddenly fall in to depression after that due to that reason.

Of course with the syndicate gone and/or against him after last season, he would have to find a new line of work or at the very least a new job, so who knows what could have happened then... Although previews made it seem like he was still with Yin.

Would have liked to see more hei. I really hope they don't do an unwanted main character switch to the loli. Other than that, it was a good start.
Oct 9, 2009 9:27 AM

Oct 2009
Falatorx said:
At the of the end of last season he seemed totally in control and not depressed after learning his sister was "dead" so it seems silly that he would suddenly fall in to depression after that due to that reason.

Of course with the syndicate gone and/or against him after last season, he would have to find a new line of work or at the very least a new job.

Would have liked to see more hei. I really hope they don't do an unwanted main character switch to the loli. Other than that, it was a good start.

Then why he looks depressed and drinking at end of episode?

Oct 9, 2009 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
At last Darker than BLACK is BACK.. haha, I'm funny >.> .....
Anyway, now it's time to watch it : D

Awesome : >
Got no other words for it, really. This might have something to do with the suspense that I've felt while waiting for this season, but still, it is awesome : >
I'm looking forward to more of this : D
Heck I'll even put up an initial score for this one : D (I usually wait for at least 2 episodes)
Hei is as awesome as always, no matter what he does, and maybe he's as cold as I am towards people I don't know now? >: D
Wonder what happened to him though : p
Oh and also, he looks pretty funny in Hobo-Hei mode x)
Yet, I think he somehow looks cooler with his somewhat longer hair
OftheFlesh said:
oh god, waiting for another week is gonna be painful X_X

Hmm indeed, luckily enough though, I've got alot of catching up to do in other series : D..
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 9, 2009 9:51 AM

Aug 2007
This was a really good start. Especially the second half.
Oct 9, 2009 9:53 AM

Oct 2009
jackslade said:
This was a really good start. Especially the second half.

I think it's a pity he rams into things because of his power.

Oct 9, 2009 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
Cenedess said:
The fight between April and Goran was amazing. I loved the animation and music, and that Suou girl really seems likeable :) I was complaining that we were going to get a new main character, but not anymore. HEIHEIHEI. When April was talking to that guy on the phone...'It's an adult. Asian. With a mask' - I jumped, that's how much I wanted to see him again. Ehehe. I'm hopeless.

And um...the moment that Magician guy walked into the bar, I thought Viral o.o Lol, no apparent reason. Maybe the hair and eyes, a little. DON'T SHOOT.

Oh yeah, April's dead.
O wate, wut? O___O

quicksilverzx said:

XDDD I KNOW I CAN KILL.
But seriosuly, I was disappointed too D: OP and ED are one of the things I'm looking forward the most in a new series.

Maybe abingdon boys school should make a 'Howling V.2" so they can use it as a opening :P
it's just something about Darker than Black and abingdon boys school that seems odd, it's like every time you're thinking of one of them, the other one just jumps in your mind XD

francismeunier said:

Maybe because Yin died? kidding XD (seriously, i was kidding, no need for that fan boy/girl gun XD)

Oct 9, 2009 10:06 AM

Oct 2009
KingDeadKira said:
Cenedess said:

Oh yeah, April's dead.
O wate, wut? O___O

quicksilverzx said:

XDDD I KNOW I CAN KILL.

Maybe abingdon boys school should make a 'Howling V.2" so they can use it as a opening :P
it's just something about Darker than Black and abingdon boys school that seems odd, it's like every time you're thinking of one of them, the other one just jumps in your mind XD

francismeunier said:

Maybe because Yin died? kidding XD (seriously, i was kidding, no need for that fan boy/girl gun XD)

Interesting but I think only the DVD episodes might tell exactly what it is. You got to admit Suou still has memories of Tania's powers, but she should not have them at all.

Oct 9, 2009 10:10 AM

Apr 2008
I loved it. I'm sad April was killed, though. New hairdo, Hei? Haha. Anyway, really good episode. The girl doesn't annoy me and I kinda figured she would since new little people always annoy me.
Oct 9, 2009 10:13 AM

Sep 2007
Are they going to keep the two episodic nature that they had from the first season? That is my big question for now, and I must say, quite an explosive start this was.
Oct 9, 2009 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
Great first ep.... can't wait for the next.
Oct 9, 2009 10:22 AM

Sep 2009
lol I cant help but rewatch the part where the FSB contractor runs into the tree. Makes me laugh every time. Good episode, I enjoyed it.
Oct 9, 2009 10:33 AM

Oct 2009
Episode 2: everyone else dies apart from Suou. The rest of the season is Suou travelling the world looking for her mother. Every episode will consist of 105% fanservice.
You just watch it.
Oct 9, 2009 10:33 AM
Dec 2007
Tensai Okamura is an extremely gifted director, and it shows once again in this intro of DtB 2. He can create a very accurate atmosphere to his shows and has a fantastic sense of rythm. Of course, working with Yoko Kanno is greatly helping him to set up an atmosphere and amplify feelings for the characters (the few music pieces we hear in this episode are simply awesome). A very good episode, at the same level as the first season, and a must watch.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 9, 2009 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
blackkomodo said:
lol I cant help but rewatch the part where the FSB contractor runs into the tree. Makes me laugh every time. Good episode, I enjoyed it.

That, was an awesome part xD I mean, hey can he even manage to control himself when using his power?: D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 9, 2009 10:42 AM

Feb 2009
so fucking glad darker than black is back in action. :D

and to think I almost dropped the first series awhile back... glad I stuck with it
Oct 9, 2009 10:43 AM

Jan 2009
Gt_Machine said:
and to think I almost dropped the first series awhile back... glad I stuck with it

I smell an unbeliever! : O
What could possibly have made you almost drop it? O.O I'm in shock
Oct 9, 2009 10:44 AM
Jun 2008
Everyone blind? Yin is well and alive - we can see "her" on the window after April leaves the bar...

One more thing - BUAHAHAHAHAHA to all the people, who were complaining "second season will be shitty". It was bloody awesome!
Oct 9, 2009 10:44 AM

Jun 2007
That was amazing. Im not very good with words but uuuuurgh the music was great and the ED ...adshfbjdgklhgfsdañs! <3

Im watching the first season again right nao! so i dont miss anything :D

About Mao, he probably changed bodies but that would mean his cat body did die D:
Oct 9, 2009 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
k-kwadrat said:
Everyone blind? Yin is well and alive - we can see "her" on the window after April leaves the bar...

I'm not so sure about that, Yin uses water to look at stuff, while July (I think it was July) uses windows. Besides, the guy who entered the bar when April left answered to her question that July had already arrived, which might be directed to him watching like that.
Correct me if I'm wrong though : )
(Although I don't think Yin's dead, since.. well, isn't she a main character after all?)
Oct 9, 2009 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
Amazing ep... Too bad this season will be only 12 eps though.
And yeah as many already said Shuo is really cute and likable and hei look really crazy when hes mask fell off. Is this because of Mao(if the cat was him) or?
Oct 9, 2009 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode!
Oct 9, 2009 11:24 AM

Jul 2009
DARKER THAN BLACK IS BACK!!!!!!!! Great First Episode!!!
Oct 9, 2009 11:34 AM

Dec 2007
k-kwadrat said:

Indeed...I only noticed it when I rewatched it though. I feel slightly ashamed. >_>
yakisobapanOct 9, 2009 11:38 AM
Oct 9, 2009 11:40 AM

Aug 2009
Charliehsv said:
k-kwadrat said:

Indeed...I only noticed it when I rewatched it though. I feel slightly ashamed. >_>

That's July, Yin can only use water to look for things.
Oct 9, 2009 11:42 AM

Oct 2007
great opening episode and shame April died already but looking forward to the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 11:43 AM

Apr 2009
Seriously, I thought Mao died (read: his mind was disconnected by the Syndicate from the cat's body when they caught him sniffing around their database...which in fact equals death, cause he was unable to enter a body without the Syndicate...) in the previous season o.O Am I wrong? Wasn't that the reason he escaped at the Gate in the last episode - that he wasn't himself anymore but a ordinary stray cat?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 9, 2009 11:44 AM

Jan 2009
Migon said:
Charliehsv said:
k-kwadrat said:

As I said : >
Oct 9, 2009 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
An EXCELLENT episode. Worth the wait.

Why did April die? and I miss November! And Maooo...it can't have been him can it? If it is (I really REALLY hope so) then he might've changed bodies before the cat could die. Hei's as hot as ever but what's up with the alcohol and all in the preview!? They better show some sense next time about what happened to him.
Needs more Misaki and Yin too and hopefully, the rest of the series will not just contain Suo and Shion.

Great first episode. Waiting for next week seems next to impossible.

AND CURSE THEM FOR MAKING 4 EPISODES DVD-ONLY!
Oct 9, 2009 12:07 PM

Aug 2008
I have only few words to say. What the hell is this shit?! Another total disappointment?

llamaben said:
I loved this episode. It was even better then most of the first season
Are you insane? I already heard bullshit like this with W&SII.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 9, 2009 12:11 PM

Dec 2007
Oosran said:
Migon said:
Charliehsv said:
k-kwadrat said:

As I said : >

Ah yes, true. I blame this mistake on being drunk. And it bein g 2 years since I watched the first season. lol
Oct 9, 2009 12:11 PM

Sep 2007
Antanaru said:
I have only few words to say. What the hell is this shit?! Another total disappointment?

llamaben said:
I loved this episode. It was even better then most of the first season
Are you insane? I already heard bullshit like this with W&SII.
I'm sorry it's not enough moe for you.
Oct 9, 2009 12:17 PM

Feb 2009
OH YES! Here comes the giant! Fall 2009 can finally start now! :D

(And damn it, I gotta go finish DtB season 1. ><)
Oct 9, 2009 12:18 PM
Aug 2009
i have one question

WHERE THE HELL IS YIN??????????
Oct 9, 2009 12:20 PM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Gt_Machine said:

I smell an unbeliever! : O
What could possibly have made you almost drop it? O.O I'm in shock

idk, lol. I always get turned off by really good shows for some reason. o.0
Oct 9, 2009 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
FUCK YEAH:

awesome episode, Li-kun bad ass...
and soundtrack also pwnes, the ending also
Oct 9, 2009 12:40 PM

Sep 2007
Pretty awesome and action packed episode.

Suou is pretty cute and same with Tanya... although who wears thighhighs in the middle of winter.

I'm surprised that the hamburger contractor guy ran fast enough so that hitting rain would cause holes in him. Interesting...

Nice to see Hei back into action though. Now... what's he going to do with Suou?
Oct 9, 2009 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
neutralizer said:
although who wears thighhighs in the middle of winter.

Well it is in Russia after all, and apparantly Siberia to be more specific, maybe they're used to the cold up there?: D
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.