MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini »» Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
304 70.70%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
80 18.60%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
33 7.67%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
6 1.40%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
7 1.63%
Voters: 430

10-09-09, 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1085
Suou was nice :P That little fanservice wasn't that bad either.
And Hei was cool again~
One of the best from this season so far
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
 
10-09-09, 7:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 161
The wait was worth it. So badass for a first ep, and outta nowhere too, since the first half was relatively slow.
 
10-09-09, 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 39
Awesome, I've been dying to see this ever since I saw the first season. For a while there I was beginning to think that nothing was going to happen in this episode, but those last 5 or so minutes were awesome.

I can't believe that guy dies so fast ( and by a raindrop no less), and i can't believe Hei killed April, she was kinda cool. Was that really Mao though? Would they really kill him without any sort of introduction?
 
10-09-09, 8:13 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1873
Absolutely awesome. The new characters are already very likeable. I see a lot of potential in Shion and Suou. I wonder why Hei's so much quicker to kill people off now. Hopefully, we'll get flashbacks.

I'm rather shocked at how fast they killed off April. I rather liked her!

The BGM was great! I wasn't really expecting much since Yoko Kanno isn't the composer this time, but it was still excellent.

Also, NEEDS. MOAR. YIN.

That aside, 10/10
 
10-09-09, 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 202


He looks exactly like Satou from Welcome to the NHK XD



 
10-09-09, 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 942
@^

haha exactly.

Awesome Start!
 
10-09-09, 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 39
That scene where April killed the Mao lookalike (at least I hope it was a lookalike) was cruel, Bones. So cruel.

It was a great episode though. I was worried that season 2 might turn out terrible but it looks like I didn't have to worry afterall.

Looking forward to moar chinese electric batman, and hopefully Yin too.


francismeunier said:
I don't understand: How can Hei kill April when his head was in water?

He probably electrocuted her. See images under the spoiler.

 
10-09-09, 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 417
Hei is such a bum from the previews. XD

Anyway, pretty good first episode. Wonder what happened between the time of season 1's ending and season 2.

And this season is really only 12 episodes? Thought it'll be around 25 like last season.
 
10-09-09, 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1867
Lololol Hei the villain xD And what's up with his hairdo?
The fight between April and Goran was amazing. I loved the animation and music, and that Suou girl really seems likeable :) I was complaining that we were going to get a new main character, but not anymore. HEIHEIHEI. When April was talking to that guy on the phone...'It's an adult. Asian. With a mask' - I jumped, that's how much I wanted to see him again. Ehehe. I'm hopeless.
I want more Nika, he was so adorable. FRECKLESSS~

And um...the moment that Magician guy walked into the bar, I thought Viral o.o Lol, no apparent reason. Maybe the hair and eyes, a little. DON'T SHOOT.

Oh yeah, April's dead.
O wate, wut? O___O
(anybody misses November like I do? D:)

quicksilverzx said:
No OP?! NOW I'VE LOST IT!


XDDD I KNOW I CAN KILL.
But seriosuly, I was disappointed too D: OP and ED are one of the things I'm looking forward the most in a new series.

Andand is it weird that I dig scruffy Hei so much?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.


Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
 
10-09-09, 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1229
KingDeadKira said:


He looks exactly like Satou from Welcome to the NHK XD


LOL!!!!
THIS!!!!!
 
10-09-09, 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
hanabira said:
That scene where April killed the Mao lookalike (at least I hope it was a lookalike) was cruel, Bones. So cruel.

It was a great episode though. I was worried that season 2 might turn out terrible but it looks like I didn't have to worry afterall.

Looking forward to moar chinese electric batman, and hopefully Yin too.


francismeunier said:
I don't understand: How can Hei kill April when his head was in water?

He probably electrocuted her. See images under the spoiler.


Ok thanks but point was: electrocuting while water around should make you also electrocuted so why it did not happen? That I do not understand. I remember first season Hei power comes from his body to pass electricity.

KingDeadKira said:


He looks exactly like Satou from Welcome to the NHK XD

Oh great thanks for pic posts. My point here is Hei+alcohol=possible depression but they might only explain it in DVD extra episodes like it says in news? So all have to wait and that = to many angry I assume?
My bet to all is Hei cannot save his sister because she is dead or someone important to Hei died like maybe Amber? Not sure.
Modified by francismeunier, 10-09-09, 9:08 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
10-09-09, 9:11 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1873
francismeunier said:
My bet to all is Hei cannot save his sister because she is dead or someone important to Hei died like maybe Amber? Not sure.
We already know from the last season that Amber's dead and Hei can't save his sister.
 
10-09-09, 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
Amaya-no-Hime said:
francismeunier said:
My bet to all is Hei cannot save his sister because she is dead or someone important to Hei died like maybe Amber? Not sure.
We already know from the last season that Amber's dead and Hei can't save his sister.

But I though he might still be looking for her or does not know where she is. I meant Amber being dead made him depressed.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
10-09-09, 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 135
if that cat was Mao, which i doubt it was, then he probably transferred his soul into that stupid looking squirrel thing..

Secondly, cant Hei control more than electricity now. I mean he can control matter or something, after the end of last season. So i don't think him being trapped by water hurt him at all

Also, as others have said, this series needs more Misaki. I didn't like her at first last season, but without her the viewer can't see different points of view. Though I guess there may be other characters and factions this season.
 
10-09-09, 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
orangerevenge said:
if that cat was Mao, which i doubt it was, then he probably transferred his soul into that stupid looking squirrel thing..

Secondly, cant Hei control more than electricity now. I mean he can control matter or something, after the end of last season. So i don't think him being trapped by water hurt him at all

Also, as others have said, this series needs more Misaki. I didn't like her at first last season, but without her the viewer can't see different points of view. Though I guess there may be other characters and factions this season.

Ah yes the matter of Hei other powers. That might be the explanation. Ok, I am clear now on all this. Too bad April is dead. I liked her last season and her power.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
10-09-09, 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 301
At the of the end of last season he seemed totally in control and not depressed after learning his sister was "dead" so it seems silly that he would suddenly fall in to depression after that due to that reason.

Of course with the syndicate gone and/or against him after last season, he would have to find a new line of work or at the very least a new job, so who knows what could have happened then... Although previews made it seem like he was still with Yin.

Would have liked to see more hei. I really hope they don't do an unwanted main character switch to the loli. Other than that, it was a good start.
 
10-09-09, 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
Falatorx said:
At the of the end of last season he seemed totally in control and not depressed after learning his sister was "dead" so it seems silly that he would suddenly fall in to depression after that due to that reason.

Of course with the syndicate gone and/or against him after last season, he would have to find a new line of work or at the very least a new job.

Would have liked to see more hei. I really hope they don't do an unwanted main character switch to the loli. Other than that, it was a good start.

Then why he looks depressed and drinking at end of episode?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
10-09-09, 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5056
At last Darker than BLACK is BACK.. haha, I'm funny >.> .....
Anyway, now it's time to watch it : D

Awesome : >
Got no other words for it, really. This might have something to do with the suspense that I've felt while waiting for this season, but still, it is awesome : >
I'm looking forward to more of this : D
Heck I'll even put up an initial score for this one : D (I usually wait for at least 2 episodes)
Hei is as awesome as always, no matter what he does, and maybe he's as cold as I am towards people I don't know now? >: D
Wonder what happened to him though : p
Oh and also, he looks pretty funny in Hobo-Hei mode x)
Yet, I think he somehow looks cooler with his somewhat longer hair
OftheFlesh said:
oh god, waiting for another week is gonna be painful X_X

Hmm indeed, luckily enough though, I've got alot of catching up to do in other series : D..
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
10-09-09, 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 606
This was a really good start. Especially the second half.
 
10-09-09, 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
jackslade said:
This was a really good start. Especially the second half.

I think it's a pity he rams into things because of his power.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
Top
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices