Forum Settings
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 6, 2009 5:29 PM

Aug 2008
^suggestion... start immediately xXxHOLiC... You'll see it will make sense... I totally agree with Mr.Fai... Again :P

Oh my... such a different thing from the last chapter... This one was really satisfying.... A Sequel? What are you talking about... Those who ask for a sequel will not see it.... The story is perfect as it is... Sure HOLiC will add some stuff into the mix and make this ending better or worse, but at how this chapter ended, this sole ending is good enough to stand out by itself... Loved the Kuro and Fai moments....It was just like before.... Them having their usual fights and talks XD

Oh lots of reappearances!!! Nadeshiko!!!! And Fujitaka... as Sakura's father!!!! and Touya and Yukito!!! KYAAA! XD... But there are a pair of things that are nagging me of... Why Sakura dreamed that? Why Fujitaka disappeared from the photo yet Syaoran remembers it.... This last one is easily explained by the time paradoxes created by Fei Wong's mess and Syaoran's wishes....But why she had to dream that.... Is she lying? She will not journey across the dimensions anymore? Nope... I feel that she won't stay in a single place... and will do something interesting... that... Or she's definitely the one that got the sad ending...

True the whole feel of the chapter was sappy... but man... This story needed this kind of ending... and it's a CLAMP manga after all... So we can deny the fact that we might get something different from HOLiC.... What amazed me is that they were able to confess their feelings1!! After all this mess... and this time... and experiences... Man that was soooo kewl... amazing... crazy!!! That's sooo Cute and Warm...

After the confession.... Prting time again... Damn... Poor people... named Tsubasa... that was theonly WTF thing in this chapter... Why both are named Tsubasa eh? Well that ties with the Tittle after all.. And it's kewl... well well...I just wanna already end reading xXxHOLiC!!! I wanna see what it has in store for us... SO... there are three possibilities of Customers... The Dimensional Traveling Crew, Sakura alone, and Himawari.... Who's most likely? Well the Dimensional Traveling Crew is... but don't forget CLAMP can give us some surprises...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2009 5:39 PM
May 2008
it was good/weird because it had closure and yet it was quite open.
i don't think there will be a sequel but it does open the possibility to them visiting Watanuki a few times in xxxHolic. i also feel since they're going on a new journey, it's possible whatever new series they have will be in a 'world' that would have existed in the Tsubasa universe so it's possible the new protagonists will meet up with Syaoran, Fai and Kurogane or at least hear of them.
i highly doubt we've seen the last of them yet, but i don't think they'll get another series.

it was really touching how Sakura was about to say 'I love you' and Syaoran beat her to it :)
that was so cute. very much an 'awww' moment.

and can someone explain me the significance of a real name and why it's even more significant that they have the same one? i understand why it's Tsubasa (title. duh) but i am confused as to its deeper meaning. although when it's CLAMP, i never get the deeper meaning. and we still don't know Watanuki's real name but i'm guessing it won't be Tsubasa and hopefully we'll find that out in xxxHolic?

wow that was long lol
Oct 6, 2009 9:16 PM
Jul 2009
TwilightShiva said:

and can someone explain me the significance of a real name and why it's even more significant that they have the same one? i understand why it's Tsubasa (title. duh) but i am confused as to its deeper meaning. although when it's CLAMP, i never get the deeper meaning. and we still don't know Watanuki's real name but i'm guessing it won't be Tsubasa and hopefully we'll find that out in xxxHolic?

wow that was long lol

I can't say for sure, but the members of CLAMP have modified/changed their own names. Take that as you will.

Fai said:
robbydesu said:
Well it's too bad for the people who didn't read xxxholic at the same time as tsubasa. Even if people start reading xxxholic now, it sort of loses the affect of reading tsubasa and xxxholic back and forth.

exacta.

The main "fun" of reading those two manga is how the chapters of both manga go into coherent timeline.

In a sense one reading both manga, side by side, at the speed it was released can more easily follow the storyline, while the one who reads it after reading trc would have trouble placing holic events into trc events timeline, which is really important in order to understand the ending for both manga.

What I'd like to see is a chronological chapter list of xxxHolic and TRC together, for future reference when I reread both.
Oct 6, 2009 10:21 PM

Sep 2008
I dunno, I'm still disappointed in the ending personally :/ I usually like open endings, but this one really bothered me for some reason... D: And the whole thing about both their names being Tsubasa was kind of... :|
At least this is much better than having it end on chapter 232 though ha.
Oct 7, 2009 12:37 AM

Jul 2007
banmenow said:

Corrected once again :(

Also, I understand why Syaoran was using that name instead of his real one, because his father told him to do it; but why Sakura? There was nothing in the manga that suggested that she wasn't using her real name.

Yuuko answers the deal behind real names and their usage ;)

Sakura being a freaking princess with magic powars in magic kingdom and job to do magic stuff in magic reservoir would follow the same rules, I think. :)

TwilightShiva said:

i don't think there will be a sequel but it does open the possibility to them visiting Watanuki a few times in xxxHolic. i also feel since they're going on a new journey, it's possible whatever new series they have will be in a 'world' that would have existed in the Tsubasa universe so it's possible the new protagonists will meet up with Syaoran, Fai and Kurogane or at least hear of them.
i highly doubt we've seen the last of them yet, but i don't think they'll get another series.

Not likely.

most likely they will be something like Miyuki-chan is - appearing at random in random chapter panels of clamp manga.

TwilightShiva said:

Real names are explained in xxxholic.

as for the real meaning behind them having the same name - the answer is there too, in both manga.
AhenshihaelOct 7, 2009 12:41 AM
Oct 7, 2009 5:47 AM

Sep 2007
Nice ending..Begs for a sequel..Or maybe xxxHolic ending will wrap up both.. (n it would be hilarious if Watanuki's real name also turned out to be Tsubasa..guess not tho :P)

The love confession thing (finally!!!) was cute..Sadly enough i guess CLAMP would never oblige KuroxFay fans with the same :P

I just hope that with TRC n xxxHolic ending, CLAMP will pick up X again!!
Oct 8, 2009 6:32 PM
Jul 2009
cutebabedanielle said:
The love confession thing (finally!!!) was cute..Sadly enough i guess CLAMP would never oblige KuroxFay fans with the same :P

To quote Demian of MangaFox:

"Now I get it, thanks. I just realized the greatness of their last big scene together in the epilogue. In that one single page, there are so many things marking the past development of their relationship, including:

The line about "being hopeless" that Fai said before the bloodsucking scene in Infinity, the hitting-on-the-head part, which happened more than once (seems to be their personal kind of fetish), and of course as mentioned by you, Fai´s concern about Kurogane´s well being and Kurogane's stubbornness in not admitting that he´s in pain. Fai then proceeds to hit and tease him for it (again).

CLAMP knows how to put so many subtle hints and gestures in one page. The more I read it, the more I love the epilogue."
Oct 11, 2009 9:02 AM
Apr 2009
woow,
i cant believe it actually ended !
satisfying ending i gotta say :D
Nov 18, 2009 4:49 PM
Jul 2009
ATTENTION! Tsubasa Volume 28 has NINE EXTRA PAGES for the epilogue chapter!

http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=120206
Nov 18, 2009 6:33 PM

May 2007
Faeverily said:
ATTENTION! Tsubasa Volume 28 has NINE EXTRA PAGES for the epilogue chapter!

http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=120206

Interesting...but really doesn't change the ending.
Nov 19, 2009 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
it ended i though it was going on and it ended
Nov 28, 2009 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
nya.!~

TRC is over. this is the first manga that i've read and now its over. well, i have to read xxxholic then to see more TSUBASAs..

well, its my all time favorite anime and manga... tnx CLAMp..
nya.
Nov 28, 2009 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
I got confused a little at the end - there were to many prices to pay, I don't even no why ... Anyway, I didn't like the ending, maybe it's the worst possible ending : they are both alive but can't be together, after everything ... I even think it would be better they died, less painful.

Downgraded from 9 to 8.
Dec 7, 2009 12:39 AM
Oct 2007
After all the crying I went through, I was not satisfied with that ending. It's bittersweet and somewhat touching, but I would have preferred a more solid conclusion.
Dec 20, 2009 8:38 AM
Jul 2009
Read xxxHolic (:
Dec 27, 2009 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
Annisa said:
After all the crying I went through, I was not satisfied with that ending. It's bittersweet and somewhat touching, but I would have preferred a more solid conclusion.

I agree with you there.

I felt like there was this big hole in the ending. This big black hole and I was just like...it's done? THAT'S it?

The story begins with a journey and ends with a journey.
CLAMP really knows how to play with their readers heads. :/
Apr 1, 2010 8:14 PM

Feb 2009
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle = mind fuck anyone!

Glad it is over from the two xxxHolic is my favorite. I love Card Captor Sakura because they beautifully ended that story can not say the same for TRC. I think that Fai and Kurogane are the only good thing from that story to bad they relationship didn't bloom to something else.
Jun 30, 2010 7:00 AM

Jul 2007
MaxCrazy7 said:
love Card Captor Sakura because they beautifully ended that story can not say the same for TRC

Then please refrain from watching or reading any other CLAMP works.

CCS was the most horrible thing they ever created
Sep 16, 2010 5:57 PM

May 2008
This manga was better than I expected... which was nothing. Good action a bit messy, but when it gets animated it will look awesome. I didn't get attached to the characters 6 out of 10 from me.
Dec 9, 2010 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
I just got my final volume in the mail yesterday. I loved it! :) I love open endings. It was a happy ending for me. I also loved reading the translator's notes about how we continue to see their journey if we watched .kobato. *fangirl scream* Yes, it all makes sense now why they were there. I loved .kobato too so I'm going to start reading that one next.

I had started xxxHolic but I dropped it. I love Clamp but that series bored me. I did watch the anime at the same time I watched Tsubasa's anime. It didn't add anything for me. Neither did the couple volumes of xxxHolic that I did read. So I disagree with people who say you "have to read" xxxHolic to understand the whole story. I loved Tsubasa so much even without it. I'm not against it. I just didn't care for any of the characters and can't/won't continue a series when I don't like the main characters.

10/10 from me :)
Dec 18, 2010 12:30 PM

Jul 2007
duotrouble said:

I had started xxxHolic but I dropped it. I love Clamp but that series bored me. I did watch the anime at the same time I watched Tsubasa's anime. It didn't add anything for me. Neither did the couple volumes of xxxHolic that I did read. So I disagree with people who say you "have to read" xxxHolic to understand the whole story. I loved Tsubasa so much even without it. I'm not against it. I just didn't care for any of the characters and can't/won't continue a series when I don't like the main characters.

1. The quote above is....stupid...but i'll try to be gentle.

2. ANIME =/= manga. xxxholic anime is an entirelly different thing from manga, BECAUSE xxxholic anime was made with intention of completely taking away the connections, storylines, characters, etc that connect the two.

3. Not important? XXXHOLIC and TRC ARE TWO PARTS OF THE SAME STORY. DO you know what is the deal with Yuuko and WHY she had to be erased? Do you know WHY FWR started this whole thing? DO you know who is Watanuki and how is he connected to Syaoran? Do you have even slightest Idea on how magic works in clampverse? Do you have any idea on what is the actual purpose of two mokonas? Do you even have idea on why yuuko disappeared? Do you have even slightest idea on why both Sakura and Syaoran have the name of Tsubasa and why there's continuous imagery of twin wings in pretty much every important world?

4. TRC is mostly the brawns side of the story. It tells the story from Syaoran's point of view. xxxHolic is more brains side of story and is told from Watanuki's point of view. Yes xxxHolic is more grown up, deeper and harder to follow, because of unique philosophies and themes it explores, but its still just a different side of the same coin called hitsuzen. Its a twin series penning the story where duality is one of the most important themes.

Overall: with all due respect, but trc without holic is just a shell....just as xxxholic without trc.

Oh and forget the kobato anime adaptation. Its one of the worst clamp-manga--to-anime adaptations ever created(topped only by the horror that was "tsubasa chronicle" anime). The supposed cross over there is non-canon and has no deeper meaning or plot advancement.
AhenshihaelDec 18, 2010 12:34 PM
Dec 19, 2010 6:14 PM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
love Card Captor Sakura because they beautifully ended that story can not say the same for TRC

WTH!?

CCS is far from the worst thing clamp every created it is probably one of their best and it is much better than TRC

first of all Sakura is actually a likable character in CCS other than in TRC in which she has pretty much no personality and she sleeps half of the time -_-
Dec 29, 2010 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
Fai said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

WTH!?

CCS is far from the worst thing clamp every created it is probably one of their best and it is much better than TRC

first of all Sakura is actually a likable character in CCS other than in TRC in which she has pretty much no personality and she sleeps half of the time -_-

Sakura? likable? in CCS? Too much sugar and ditzyness. While she has been an awesome character in TRC ever since tokyo arc. Same with both syaorans.

The only decent character in CCS was Clow.

Overall I found it to be too sugary, too happy-endy, too random.It was written like a lighthearted shoujo comedy, while supposedly dealing with things like suicide and overall magic rules of clampverse. Every character was either way too mellow or way too sugary. And I still have nightmares of CCS Syaoran and the overly horrific yaoi tendencies of the whole romance plots.

It differs from deeper, more mature CLAMP works like xxxholic, X, MKR, Trc, Clover, RG Veda and so on. It just does not fit in the overall greatness and whoever bases his opinion on clampverse from CCS would think that its a happy go lucky magical world with plushie animals and happy love stories.

Thankfully TRC redeemed those character types with more mature, more stable portrayal.
Dec 29, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
Fai said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

WTH!?

Sakura? likable? in CCS? Too much sugar and ditzyness. While she has been an awesome character in TRC ever since tokyo arc. Same with both syaorans.

The only decent character in CCS was Clow.

Overall I found it to be too sugary, too happy-endy, too random.It was written like a lighthearted shoujo comedy, while supposedly dealing with things like suicide and overall magic rules of clampverse. Every character was either way too mellow or way too sugary. And I still have nightmares of CCS Syaoran and the overly horrific yaoi tendencies of the whole romance plots.

It differs from deeper, more mature CLAMP works like xxxholic, X, MKR, Trc, Clover, RG Veda and so on. It just does not fit in the overall greatness and whoever bases his opinion on clampverse from CCS would think that its a happy go lucky magical world with plushie animals and happy love stories.

Thankfully TRC redeemed those character types with more mature, more stable portrayal.

TRC and CCS were aimed an two totally different audiences in the 1st place

well i guess everone is entitled to their own opinion just like i think that xxxholic is clamp's best series lol :)
Jun 14, 2011 6:49 PM

Mar 2010
Great ending though some question left unanswered like ....

Anyway I give it a 10 coz' I understand how it ends and why it happens.
The only thing that made me sad is that , yuko...is gone (lol I know she's dead and was killed) but I never expected a powerful witch actually were LIVED coz' one's immense magic power. (I think Clow reed is her bf hehe)

Anyway , great (which in MAL means 9/10)
Gotta watch xxxHolic-Rou now to know how the story ends at Watanuki 's side. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2011 5:11 AM

Jun 2011
Crimsonwill said:
The ending was they're going for another journey T_T? Lame ... then they're both like my real names Tsubasa ... the confession was a long time coming but laacked a significant impact imo =/ maybe I'm being a bit too critical because the series started out so incredibly well but with this ending chapter I wasn't really satisfied with what they'd done =/

Maybe I'll get some bad humor, but I agree with most of this. When I first started reading Tsubasa, it seemed kind of like a fairy-tale-type story CLAMP style and I was overly-excited that Syaron and Sakura had made a sort of "come-back". I realized they weren't the same from CCS, but I was hopeful for their more mature relationship. I was also kind of hoping that they would actually be able to get all feathers back and though Syaron would have to sacrifice all the memories Sakura had of him, it wouldn't matter. They would have made new ones along the journey and kind of find themselves again.

I know it may seem kind of corny, but it was sort of where I was hoping it'd go. The ending didn't even feature a kiss, which I think was much needed to show their real affection. I don't think CLAMP ever really had one in any of their works.

Also, by the time they get to Tokyo and we find out both Syaron and Sakura were clones, it took away a lot of their charm and made their relationship a lot more "artificial" in a way. I can't say I liked it. It seemed like CLAMP was trying too hard to make an extremely-intricate plot that I guess worked, but just not for me.

Maybe I have to reread the whole thing in a month to appreciate it more though since I went through five or so volumes at once, waited six months for the next release, and by then having forgotten most of what had happened.
But as of now, I guess I'll have to give it a 7/10

Now I just have to finish xxxHolic. I've taken more time with this one (since I ended up liking it more along the way) so hopefully I won't be disappointed.
Aug 25, 2011 2:11 PM

Apr 2011
Bullshit ending, to much non-sense happening.

I hope the rest of xxxHolic clears things up...
Apr 19, 2012 11:21 PM

Jul 2011
if i'm not mistaken there are three sakura's through out the series . Sakura A the one who met original syaoran , Sakura B clone syaoran childhood friend , and sakura C the clone of sakura B who travel with the others.

sakura A merge with sakura C body and got back to normal , and sakura C use Sakura B body to reborn and married clone syaoran. then what happenned to the Sakura B's soul that was held by fei wong reed ?

did everyone just forgot the existence of sakura B ? especially clone syaoran , the reason he starts the journey is because of sakura B but he just forget about her and married with sakura C . what the hell is that?
Aug 20, 2012 3:04 PM

May 2010
So why were the vampire twins being chased?? Who the hell is Fei Wong (I mean his REAL identity)?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 4, 2012 11:55 AM

Oct 2012
The vampire twins (mainly Subaru) were being chased by Seishirou because a) he thinks he can gain immortality from them, and b) he wants Subaru for other reasons...

Well, this is coming from a person who read Clamp's other works, Tokyo Babylon and X, and Seishirou and Subaru have...a seriously twisted, epic romance going on in both. As do Fuuma/Kamui in X.

This is Clamp, so they always show soul mates linked together no matter the complications. (Aka, gender, age, society, alternate worlds...)

And in the last chapter (the epilogue) you can see that Seishirou has caught up to Subaru and Kamui (and Fuuma's there as well).

So I guess everyone is happy?
Dec 18, 2012 1:13 AM

Mar 2010
Sebastian333 said:
Great ending though some question left unanswered like ....

Anyway I give it a 10 coz' I understand how it ends and why it happens.
The only thing that made me sad is that , yuko...is gone (lol I know she's dead and was killed) but I never expected a powerful witch actually were LIVED coz' one's immense magic power. (I think Clow reed is her bf hehe)

Anyway , great (which in MAL means 9/10)
Gotta watch xxxHolic-Rou now to know how the story ends at Watanuki 's side. :)

Finished re-read the manga again . And Now I am fully understand the story .
I love this manga . and I really like the four main character , fai kurogane sakura and syaoran , they are all roled-pleasantly. The ending is heartwarming , and I listened to Kazemachi Jet while reading it , still , a SHORT sequel might give more sweetness to the baked cake. But with how it ended , I satisfied with the manga . =)
Jun 21, 2014 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
It was pretty good overall though it was a little confusing near the end. I wonder why they are both named Tsubasa though.
Sep 9, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2011
And the end of journey....

Finished the manga today and well, I suppose the complex relationship between Sakura and Syoran was quite interesting. The later chapters lost some of the humor I enjoyed previously though but accelerated the plot quite well. 7/10. Time to read that new series.
Jan 7, 2015 12:12 PM
Jan 2011
I haven't actually read the manga but I have been reading up on the ending so I'm not sure I got this entirely correct but in the end this happens:

Clone Syaoran and clone Sakura give birth to real Syaoran who falls in love with real Sakura. Would this not be considered as incest since his mum would have the same genetic makeup as the original Sakura? And approaching this ending did the clones not leave feathers behind for the originals to absorb which means the originals have the same memories as the clones but how come the clones still retain their memories? This has just really made me curious and I only have read the wikia page and I don't have the time to read the manga at the moment so I would appreciate if anyone could explain something that I may have missed out. It does seem to get very confusing after where the anime ends...
Aug 3, 2016 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
It seems that it still ended on an open note that the crew went on a journey again..but overall the series was very much exciting
Mar 15, 2017 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
I loved this series, the characters, the art, the absurd overly complicated plot. While not all the pieces fit perfectly together the fact that this insanely woven story managed to hold some semblance of cohesion is a sight to behold. Maybe I'm a bit biased as I've read a lot of Clamp works, but honestly I haven't had this much fun reading a manga in a very long time.
May 2, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2018
Captain127 said:
I haven't actually read the manga but I have been reading up on the ending so I'm not sure I got this entirely correct but in the end this happens:

Clone Syaoran and clone Sakura give birth to real Syaoran who falls in love with real Sakura. Would this not be considered as incest since his mum would have the same genetic makeup as the original Sakura? And approaching this ending did the clones not leave feathers behind for the originals to absorb which means the originals have the same memories as the clones but how come the clones still retain their memories? This has just really made me curious and I only have read the wikia page and I don't have the time to read the manga at the moment so I would appreciate if anyone could explain something that I may have missed out. It does seem to get very confusing after where the anime ends...

It's not incest.. but Real Syaoran has a really bad case of oedipus complex... which is kinda fucked up

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 12, 2020 7:34 PM
Nov 2014
I actually prefrerd the first part where they just go travel and be happy go lucky. After Tokyo it was just confusion after confusion. The ending was nice though
Sep 11, 2020 2:01 AM

Aug 2020
Welp, that was wild. So wild that in retrospect it makes another manga's later parts even worse for me. I legit do not know what precedes, the original Sakura possessing characteristics/magical power that enables FWR to use her for the plot, or her and certain Clow Country chars having these characteristics/magical power down the line cuz the plot happened with Tokyo and everything and it just makes me scratch my head beyond the Syaoran stuff.

Maybe I am dumb, but I think I don't care in the end even if I could clear this stuff up bcuz it kinda annoys me it had to resort to the whole story having a bigass loop in the first place.
Did like it up to the end of Nihon even if after the clone Syaoran reveal in Tokyo it kind of undersold the clone in a way. Fai and Kurogane are both dope dudes, too. But the ending destination of the story is just not my cup of tea.
Mar 19, 2022 7:10 PM

Feb 2020
the ending was fine but the rest...talk about convoluted...the story and characters were nowhere near interesting enough to justify that many ridiculous plot twists. really shoulda dropped but didn't bc I'm stupid
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 60 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Apr 26, 2014

3 by Imran_19 »»
Sep 27, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 24 Discussion

Confucius - Aug 7, 2012

3 by Animelover875 »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:20 PM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 202 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Oct 23, 2008

23 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 5:36 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 181 Discussion

Kineta - Jan 30, 2008

12 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 3:40 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 168 Discussion

Crystal - Oct 3, 2007

5 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 2:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.