Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2014
Well i'm glad Frederica is alive at least. I'm surprised that everyone from Chaika's and Gillette's groups managed to escape alive. With an episode name like "Those left behind" you'd assume some people from either group would die. I guess Gillette payed that price but i don't feel like he's really dead. Although it looks like Vivi turned into another Chaika, perhaps the transformation into Chaika is caused by extreme emotions?
Jun 25, 2014 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
This show was nice. I am glad that a second season is coming :)
Jun 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
I don't believe Gillette is dead either. The laser attack wasn't powerful enough to vaporize them.
Jun 25, 2014 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty good series.

Inb4 Vivi becomes a psychotic vengeful bitch in season 2 only to find out Gillette wasn't dead.

Chibi Fredrica too kawaii!

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 25, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
Man! What an anime! x3
Really awesome, especially the action and fighting scenes. :3 The characters were cool too, so was the atmosphere of like...magic and medieval times and stuff like that....really cool. :3
I liked this anime: From the very beginning where Toru fought a flying, ugly unicorn, to the end where Toru, Fredrica, Akari, and Chaika continue on there journey. :3
Overall a good anime to watch, highly recommended! x3

Ok....so going into the topic of the anime itself......Gilette is...dead? Right? o-o
Vivi's reaction.....White hair? o-o
White....hair.....
WHITE HAIR!!! O-O
Another Chaika is born?! YES! Or..is another one born? Who knows! Second season to explain it! xD
Also! Maybe there will be more different colored Chaika, huh? xD

So can't wait, second season is going to be a blast! XD

OH! ONE MORE THING~!
Chaika and Toru kissed! xD So cute! x3
Jun 25, 2014 7:44 PM

Feb 2014
This show was good in general and one of those shows that is underrated This is the anime that starts my Wednesday anime session ever since it aired and it had a lot of elements that I wish to be explored in season 2. For example why Vivi turned into a Chaika? Who is the "Guy" and why Layla (or blue Chaika) freezes up when she saw him? Will Toru make that contract? Finally, will Fredrica get to fight Toru again? With this and many more so I am interested to see what happens next with the main characters and the side characters. So team hype for season 2

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jun 25, 2014 7:47 PM
Feb 2011
Great ep. I'm glad Fred is back.
I want less Toru x Chiaka and more Toru x Akari <3. Akari needs to be more on the offensive!
Jun 25, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Any Dark Souls players here?

this is perfect

show was a little underwhelming in the start but it started to pick up near the end i have hopes that S2 will be a lot better hell Gaz looks pretty insane in the cover page.

and i'm really interested in vivi becoming a chaika, because Layla was once a "chaika" and became free on her own and our Chaika is still kinda Chaika

7/10 for me
Jun 25, 2014 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
So glad Fredrica lived. The way she made her reappearance was so hilarious and cute. <3 her!

Overall I enjoyed this show. Characters were great, especially Chaika and Fredrica. It was a fun watch. I look forward to next season!
Jun 25, 2014 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
I think with Fredrica's offer to allow Touru to become her Cavalier the prospective fight to the death is probably off. With the two flying fortresses destroyed, as well as the punitive force, it looks like there is a real power vacuum here, and numerous people aching to fill it. I suspect that Chaika and her party will be fighting their way through a multi-sided war while trying to recover the rest of the remains.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 25, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty good mid way finale, I think the execution could had been a tad bit stronger in certain aspects but i was thrown for a loop at certain moments such as gilletes death and vivi actually being chaika. I really like how tooru killed the kid even if its a tad bit anticlimatic, its just badass how he pretty much offed him and then shit talked his skills as just being stabbing making it seem like the little psycho was nothing but a pushover in his final moments

Overall the series has its highs and lows but im very interested in where it goes from here. Its caught me off guard more than it had bored me and I generally thing most of the my issues resided mainly in its introductory stages than its more recent episodes. i liked it and id say its a high 6/10. Had it been a tad bit better executed I think it could had been a 7 but some of its sloppiness at points held it back.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 25, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
Enjoyed it. Lmao at when Fredrica exploded out of her other body in loli form, was not expecting that.

When Akari hit that mage dude in the head, I kinda expected more... force?

Quite curious now if Tooru will become a dragoon cavalier or whatever, hope to see more in season 2.
Jun 25, 2014 8:58 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. Glad Frederica came up with a contingency plan in case her life was in danger, also glad that she dished out a bit of payback. The counts son had to peaceful of an ending for me to be satisfied with his death, considering that he probably killed hundreds of girls. I'm really looking forward to the next season

As for Vivi. Rather than Vivi "turning into" a Chaika, I'd like to think that she was probably already one, but just didn't know it. Seems a little far fetched to believe that people just suddenly turn into Chaikas, but with the way the anime has developed so far and how mysterious the Chaikas already are, I can at least kinda believe that maybe people can become a Chaika, but as of now I think it might be safer to assume that Vivi was already one as I originally stated.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 25, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2012
I wonder if Vivi is already programmed to gather the remains unconsciously through the military. Decent show, will look forward to season 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2013
Fiji said:
The fight with that Ricardo guy seemed anticlimactic for me... but this final episode is pretty good.

It seems Blue Chaika seemed powerless against the guy that gives our White Chaika info.

Vivi is a freaking Chaika as well? What a plot twist!!!

Also, Toru foreshadowed to become a cavalier partner for Fredrica? Looks interesting.

Cannot wait for season 2!!!
Vivi might not be Chaika. There is a disease or something like that that turns your hair white when you experience a sudden shock of sadness. It happened in Gosick to the main character as well.
Jun 25, 2014 9:30 PM

Mar 2014
Lunacide said:
Fiji said:
The fight with that Ricardo guy seemed anticlimactic for me... but this final episode is pretty good.

It seems Blue Chaika seemed powerless against the guy that gives our White Chaika info.

Vivi is a freaking Chaika as well? What a plot twist!!!

Also, Toru foreshadowed to become a cavalier partner for Fredrica? Looks interesting.

Cannot wait for season 2!!!
Vivi might not be Chaika. There is a disease or something like that that turns your hair white when you experience a sudden shock of sadness. It happened in Gosick to the main character as well.

but the eyes got purple color too O:
Jun 25, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty solid anime with a lot more to come and its good that they actually confirmed their second season. I'm looking forward to it.
Jun 25, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
Fun series. Great last episode. Loved Akari's hammer to the head. No bullshit talking just death. The biggest problem I had with this series is that I didn't really care about the characters. I only really cared about Chaika. Chaika and Fredrica made the show though. Had some cool fight scenes, Toru is a cool fighter. Didn't really need that scene with Layla and the crazy slasher kid, just made me roll my eyes.
Kuro_Yuuki said:
As for Vivi. Rather than Vivi "turning into" a Chaika, I'd like to think that she was probably already one, but just didn't know it.
It seems ridiculous for people to turn into Chaikas, she must've already been one and she or someone else had disguised her (if it was someone else, they probably wiped her memory too). Second season! Shocking truth! Can't wait! 7/10!
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jun 25, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
Wait what? Vivi got Chaika-fied? :o Does that mean being a Chaika is something triggered...that or she was already a Chaika in the first place but why does she look different. My head hurts.

I doubt Gillette's dead. At first I thought Guy appearing behind Gillette was just a mistake from the animators but maybe he had planned this all along. The plot thickens...

Lost it at Mini-Frederica XD Akari has impeccable timing as always when it comes to keeping Toru off Chaika.

8/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 25, 2014 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
Wow thank god there is going to be a season 2 because that was on hell of a cliffhanger!

Vivi turned into a Chaika!? That was a bit odd. Toru might form a cavalier dragoon contract with Frederica. Gillete died?! I hope not though. He was the enemy who was trying to understand his enemy it would be a shame to see him die before he obtains the knowledge he was looking for.

For some reason I was laughing my fucking ass off so hard when Akari just clunked that Grad guy in the head with her hammer. I don't know why, but I just found it hilarious.

Speaking of Akari, I was kind of disappointed we didn't see her go saboteur mode at all. I like Toru, and I think he's a badass MC and an excellent fighter, but I wanted to see a couple of scenes focused more on Akari fighting. In the OP you see her swinging her hammer around and stuff and it looks oddly graceful, and I thought that was a little lacking in the actual show. And like I said before, if her and Toru are both saboteurs, then she should go saboteur mode too.
Jun 25, 2014 9:50 PM

Nov 2012
What was so freighting about Guy that caused Layla to be petrified? What was going on with Vivi? Did she turn into a Chaika or is it something else?

Regarding the chibi Frederica, what if she receives a fatal blow again within her chibi form? Will a smaller chibi Frederica pop out of her chibi body? That'd be hilarious to see.
ShigureJun 25, 2014 9:54 PM
Jun 25, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
cant wait for season 2!

Btw. Vivi realy turns into Chaika, look at her eyes, all Chaikas have same eyes :)

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; image is too large.
julyanJun 25, 2014 11:01 PM
Jun 25, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
last episode of this season, seems to be just a break in the anime already in October that he continues
the episode and the season of the anime was good, Tooru goes behind Chaika and even a kiss happens when the two are in the water, Akari the best girl in the anime and one of the best girls of the season returned to their side and Fredrica is always funny , even suggested to Tooru become a dragon rider
I'll wait for the second season and looking forward to see how this story will end
I definitely recommend this anime ..
Jun 25, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
So...was Vivi originally a Chaika (but didn't know it) or did she turn into one?
I don't think Gilette is dead. We never saw a body and you know what that means.

Good thing Frederica didn't die. A mini-version popped out instead :P
Toru should become a dragoon cavalier.

I felt this would be a good series. I'm happy that turned out to be the case. Nothing overly special, but good. 7.5/10 :)

Lot's of mysteries left and quite a cliffhanger ending. Second season here I come.
Jun 25, 2014 10:23 PM

Dec 2009
BloodRequiem said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

IHAFUF said:

My favourite scene in the anime along with Toru's sneaky stab, found them hilarious.

Dark Souls hype ftw!
SimmonzJun 25, 2014 10:26 PM
Jun 25, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
HOLY CRAP WHAT A FINALE !

So many things to talk about, I can't even remember them all.

Akari bashes the dudes head in with the hammer + awesome badass points.

Tohru and Chaika kiss,

Fredrica is alive! <3 And Chibi

I have a feeling that cavalier guy isnt dead, and WTF cliffhanger with Vivi turning into a Chaika?? ? The unanswered questions wow.

I cannot wait for season 2
Jun 25, 2014 10:50 PM
May 2014
Hoooly mindfuck?

This is wat u call psychological. Unlike a certain other anime.
Jun 25, 2014 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
What a wonderful end of a season. 9/10

Pretty sure ViVi is another Chaika, and it has something to do with Gilette and the guy that appeared behind him in the moment of his death.

Also, Chaika and Toru, couldn't end it any better. ^^ Fall season here I come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2012
When chibi Fredrica popped out, I lost it. Gosh, that was so adorable :3
And obviously, Gilette is still alive. I saw 2 Guy behind before he "died."
Vivi is a Chaika? Hoho. I didn't notice the resemblance before. Well played.
I also liked the foreshadowing that Tooru will become a dragoon knight. Poorly executed, but it's good there's something else that I'll be looking forward to.

Pretty solid finale for a solid season. 8/10
This will definitely be a long 4 month wait.
Jun 25, 2014 11:21 PM

Nov 2013
Jesus, the Frederica scene had me scared X.X Could've been something out of horror movies; thank god it wasnt.

Great, satisfying series so far. Only thing I didn't like was how it seemed Bones threw more money at their other shows which were really lackluster to me.
Jun 25, 2014 11:49 PM

Nov 2013
God-of-Harem said:

I think Gillete will die at least.

*ahem*
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jun 26, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
DGemu said:
Jesus, the Frederica scene had me scared X.X Could've been something out of horror movies; thank god it wasnt.

I thought it was going to go Aliens on us.

*Frederica's chest pops open*
*mini white spider thingy comes out*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 26, 2014 12:18 AM

Sep 2012
Simmonz said:
BloodRequiem said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

IHAFUF said:

My favourite scene in the anime along with Toru's sneaky stab, found them hilarious.

Dark Souls hype ftw!

IronLobsterJun 26, 2014 12:22 AM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 26, 2014 12:33 AM

Mar 2008
That little Fredica popping out of her dead body was hilarious. That sure was a plot twist with vivi turning into a Chaika. I'm also glad the blue Chaika & the little bastard that liked to carve people up got what they deserved.
Jun 26, 2014 12:46 AM

Apr 2012
will toru become a saboteur/dragoon cavalier?

im glad Fredrica isnt dead but i wanted her 2 stay chibi

well all thats left now is 2 rewatch n wait 4 the season2
Jun 26, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
Oh my Gooood!!!! Mini Frederica bursting from the stomach ala alien has got to be the most horrifying and the most adorable scene at the same time lol.... God damn just when I thought this couldn't get any cuter they got a chibi Frederica appearing XD

Man, Akari was brutal.. she just smashed Grad's head like it was nothing! Definitely one of the best anime character ever!!! I like how she just gave no fuck about anything..

and that kiss..... THAT KISS!!!!!!!! And holy shit, VIVI is a Chaika???!!!!

Such an entertaining anime, to think that I hated the first episode and thought how this would be a generic action anime. The story sure took a dark twist in the last few episodes. In fact it was so intriguing that I started to think less about Chaika's moe-ness which was the reason why I started to like this anime in the first place. Akari and Tooru are solid main characters that's quite unique compared to other anime's MCs not just because they're sort of anti-hero but also because their personality shined despite being paired with the most adorable character in anime in a while (only Ai from Kyoukai no Kanata came close).

I wish I can skip the summer season and go straight to fall. Chaika 2 and Log Horizon 2nd season are more than enough reasons to make Fall 2014 possibly the best and the most exciting season this year (of course there's also more Mushi-shi, Psycho Pass 2, and the new Fate/Stay Night)

9/10
Jun 26, 2014 1:00 AM
Jun 2014
This show is just great and I am SO amped up for season 2 it's so close when other shows have to wait years to get a second season. I enjoyed it the absolute whole time with my only qualm being that we never get any backstory about why Toru was retired and washed up in the first place, but hopefully season two may go into that but I'm still ok if it does'nt.

BTW about that underwater kiss was F***ing magical and it caught me completely off guard (even if it was only for air) they were about to have another consentual kiss!
I ship it
I ship it to the moon
9/10 best anime I've seen this year so far
Is it all really just an accident, you really believe that?
Jun 26, 2014 1:22 AM

Aug 2008
Them magical flying castles duking it out was awesome.

Good series, I liked it. S2 should be even nicer.
Jun 26, 2014 1:29 AM

Sep 2008
I wanna see how Gilletes squad explains their actions to military leadership.
"So, why didn't our fortress have ground support?"
"Well, we did infiltration mission and had 2 people trapped so our brave leader decided it was a good course of action to potentially sacrifice military fortress and dozens, maybe hundreds, of lives to save those two."
"Oh, why didn't you say that from the start?"

Oh well, it is over at last. I liked first few episodes but felt like it went downhill since then.
Not gonna waste time on 2nd season.
4/10
Jun 26, 2014 2:08 AM
Mar 2013
Yay, Frederica! :D
Looking forward to S2.
Jun 26, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2014
Really liked this episode, completely missed Guy standing behind Gilette for some reason but the way the aftermath of his "death" was handled made me feel like there was a good chance he wasn't dead. What happened to Vivi was completely unexpected though!

Glad to see that Ricardo guy die, didn't expect Layla to be so loyal to him in the end.

Yay for Fredrica being alive (and small and cute)

Really enjoyed this show, can't wait for the second season
Jun 26, 2014 2:41 AM

May 2010
Fredericka's chibi self was pretty cute and she is pretty damn handy. Somehow I loled when Akari hit the black-haired guy with that hammer.

Chaika in action and then later jumping in the water to save Tohru was really something. I loved that scene.

Death scenes in this episode were sad... I have a feeling that Gilette will return though. I wonder what happened with Vivi near the end, the whole hair color change.

Seriously, Tohru you will think about it? If I were you, I would have said yes any moment.

9/10. Great series, I really loved it. Waiting for the 2nd season to be aired in fall.
Jun 26, 2014 2:51 AM

May 2013
Sorry but I screamed when Chaika kissed (or gave air rather) to Toru and when they are about to kiss, chemistry anyone?

And damn! Frederica was sooo cute in chibi form, I'm glad that Akari regained her consciousness again. Welp, the enemies are now defeated so yeah... And yes, I believe that Gillette is not yet dead without solid evidence besides his sword. I am wondering now if Vivi will be the next Chaika because of her despair but neither way, see you guys in October with Selector Spread WIXOSS. 7 to 8/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 26, 2014 3:05 AM
Aug 2012
Yeah, I always thought Vivi was just to similar to Chaika to be a coincidence. Now I know why. She is another Shaika.
Jun 26, 2014 3:12 AM

Sep 2012
nina4life said:
I wanna see how Gilletes squad explains their actions to military leadership.
"So, why didn't our fortress have ground support?"
"Well, we did infiltration mission and had 2 people trapped so our brave leader decided it was a good course of action to potentially sacrifice military fortress and dozens, maybe hundreds, of lives to save those two."
"Oh, why didn't you say that from the start?"

Oh well, it is over at last. I liked first few episodes but felt like it went downhill since then.
Not gonna waste time on 2nd season.
4/10

And nothing of value was lost.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 26, 2014 3:58 AM

Nov 2011
vivi is also a chaika

Jun 26, 2014 3:58 AM

Nov 2011
I've got to hand it to this show. I wasn't really expecting much going in, but it turned out a lot better than I had originally thought.

I'm very surprised Vivi turned out to be another Chaika... Kind of came out of nowhere, but very pleased that there will be a second season. I think it's evident that Gillette isn't dead as we saw two Guys right behind him before the blast hit. Where he is, who knows? Although I'd really like to know more about this Guy person hopefully in season 2. It seemed like Layla knew who he was when he showed up and I'm really curious what his agenda is. I thought originally he was just helping out Chaika here and there gathering remains, but helping out Gillette and the others feels as though there's something else he has up his sleeve as well.

Good watch, looking forward to season 2.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 26, 2014 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
People might say it has generic settings, but that's not true at all. Ironically, it's generic yet not generic at the same time since fantasy animes are fucking DEAD. When was the last time we got this kind of story without freaking schools and online games?

Anyway, pretty solid show. I expected a little more for the last episode, but still okay.
DawnJJun 26, 2014 8:01 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 26, 2014 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
That surprised me, I didn't expect Vivi to be another Chaika O_O
Jun 26, 2014 5:45 AM

May 2009
Looks like Emperor Gaz had quite some offspring, if we have at least 4 Chaikas so far, of which one is now dead (and good riddens, too, she was both unpleasant to look at and she was a bitch).

The question now is, what was 'our' Chaika before she turned out this way? If Layla was right about them being born as someone else and only later learning of their Chaika role, and Viivi transforming certainly seems to prove that, what happened to this Chaika? Also, why is she the only one who can't seem to make coherent sentences?

Looking forward to season 2 (or rather, the other half of this current season).
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

100 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

224 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.